Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yozakura Quartet
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 31, 2013 10:01 PM

May 2011
Pretty amusing with how they ended things with that question of how exactly Lila is doing all that stuff. And her mom just rolling with everything, lol. Guess there's nothing too strange coming from that world and a family descended from Frankenstein.
Jan 1, 2014 12:17 AM

Aug 2012
Awesome anime.. Hopefully we get a season 2. Feel like there's so much story we still need to cover. Enjoyed the op and Ed themes too. Going to miss it! 8/10
Jan 1, 2014 1:04 AM

Jan 2013
Satisfying finale. 7/10 mostly because of the amazing animation. I really should watch the other season.
Jan 1, 2014 2:33 AM

Oct 2013
neontaster said:
One of my favorites of this year. Something about it just got me. Really fun and interesting and the animation was great.

cyborgneko999 said:
Nice ending, wish a little more bang to end the anime..oh well. Hope to c season 2.

9/10 i have a lot of fun with the anime all 13 ep, def one of the best this season but the negatif side the story sometime hard to follow(the story is not the main point i enjoy this anime more like all the characters interaction & action).

Yeah, i find it hard to follow the story and the ending didn't really explain much. Why after all that, enjin can just talked to the others normally.....

I like the characters interaction & action also! I started watching this only, then cut to Hoshi. Enjoyable. I like Enjin and Akina.
Jan 1, 2014 3:48 AM
Jan 2014
For the love of all things yellow and fluffy, where can I find the music from Enjin and Akina's fight!? (The aforementioned fight featuring the artistic talents of bald principal guy.)
Jan 1, 2014 4:34 AM

Jan 2013
now i need season2! :D
Jan 1, 2014 5:40 AM

May 2012
Love the piano version of the OP.. hope they will make another season!
Jan 1, 2014 6:43 AM

Apr 2013
The action was good in this episode. Too bad we still don't know how does the other dimension looks like.
Always-HungryApr 22, 2014 3:14 PM
Jan 1, 2014 7:09 AM
Jan 2014
To the people that find this to be incomplete, it's because it's an arc(specifically the Hana no Uta arc) in the overall story. The plot is easier to follow if you've read the manga, although hopefully they'll release seasons for the other arcs as well so that it'll be possible to watch them in sequence. The possibility of another season does seem likely, since three future antagonists appeared in the ending scenes, along with Enjin.

While it's a bit unusual, I think I prefer the approach of remaining truthful to the manga and spreading content out over multiple seasons/OVAs as opposed to trying to cram all of the arcs into one, even if it does mean more waiting between episodes.
ArlonderJan 1, 2014 7:17 AM
Jan 1, 2014 7:17 AM

Jan 2008
Sad this is over now. Loved how much Lila we got still in this episode. Nice the see the 'enemies' enjoying the festival too.
Jan 1, 2014 9:20 AM

Aug 2010
Had a huge grin at the end of the ep with the ED playing and everyone in the festival :D...lol at how even Enjin was eating Ramen XD

Lila in nurse outfit is <3

Well really fun and hope for a continuation ^^...8.5/10
Jan 1, 2014 9:51 AM
May 2012
This was the first YZQ anime that i have watched, so i'm not sure if this is a sequel or something.

Regarding the anime, it was definitely something for me. It did its best to keep itself neutral, by that i mean, they try not to pursue the drama further and just insert some sort of comedy to lighten up the atmosphere. It was kinda annoying, but i eventually got used to it. Good story and characters, so to say. Good series overall.

7/10.
Jan 1, 2014 10:39 AM

Jul 2013
Unexpectedly this is one of the series this season that I always look forward to watching every week.. I'm baffled with its low popularity but I guess it's because people thought they need to watch the previous adaption.

Sure, it's a remake and I didn't watch the first adaption nor do I read the manga, yet unlike some people here I don't have any problem following the story at all. The characters are very diverse and likeable in their own way, the fights are never drawn out too long yet still awesome in its own way. I really hope there's another season to this.. I've been watching the OVAs (including Hoshi no Umi) and they are just as good as the main series.

9/10
Jan 1, 2014 10:43 AM

Dec 2008
If anything, I don't think I watched YQ for the story, I watch it for the badassness of the characters and their interactions. Seriously, all of them are badasses, act cool at all times, and just emit swag whatever they do.

YQ has one of my favourite set of characters in any anime media ever.

With other anime had characters that had the same amount of swag.

Tonight... we are young... so let's set the world on fire, we can burn brighter, than the sun...
Jan 1, 2014 11:32 AM
Feb 2012
At first I was curious about this show due to all the hype it got. So I gave it a try, enjoyed it quite a bit at first, got bored mid-way, and ended up liking it again in the end. Interesting experience, indeed.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jan 1, 2014 4:38 PM

Dec 2007
A decent episode, and a fairly faithful adaptation overall, even if they did cut the Walking Pilgrimage arc in its entirety (OVA maybe? We can hope, right?). It was also nice to see the other youkai hunters (and one extra antagonist) make cameos in the ending credits.
Misdreavius said:
If anything, I don't think I watched YQ for the story, I watch it for the badassness of the characters and their interactions. Seriously, all of them are badasses, act cool at all times, and just emit swag whatever they do.

That's really the big thing here. It has some great characters, especially in the supporting cast. While this is not uncommon, it has an unusually high ratio of good characters to weak ones, which has always been one of its main draws. This has also always given the impression that the title is something of a misnomer (possibly intentional?), since so much material focuses on characters other than the 4 leads.
Jan 1, 2014 5:45 PM

Feb 2012
I really like the OP and ED for this show they were awesome. Overall pretty good show I hope to see a season 2
Jan 1, 2014 5:51 PM

Jul 2008
Really enjoyed this series, the characters and the animation were especially good. Hope there's a lot more to come in the future.
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Jan 2, 2014 2:32 PM

Mar 2011
We never did find out what the quartets lead to...
Jan 2, 2014 4:41 PM

Nov 2008
I was very pleased with this 'redo' of the original anime - and how loyal it was to the original Material (For those who got confused with the op change and zakuro simply watch the ova that occurs inbetween and covers that arc) and I believe the current airing OVA covers the next arc also.

unlike the original attempt at an anime adaption this one did not fall flat on its face and more or less become an anime original with similar character designs and powers ~ and the animation style and quality were quite well done through out the series itself and the music was fantastic .. heres to another full TV season ~ and maybe a continuation of the manga publishing in the USA havent been since del rey went down.

9/10 Much enjoyed anime ~

alexpte said:
Loved the show, and a great adaption to the manga. Saw some youkai hunters in the ending that appears later in the series so that hopefully means a sequel~

http://imgur.com/a/ssOe5

Yeah and judging by how the 2 ovas and TV anime have been done so far it should be well done too and there is still a decent amount of material they could cover before catching up to the manga.
Jan 2, 2014 5:19 PM

Oct 2012
Great Episode and ending~ I hope they animate the next arcs of the story too~
There were even hints to the other characters and hunters that show up later in the series during the ending song (★^O^★) and Enjin is pretty cute when he isnt going crazy and hating on the world :3
haineko123Jan 2, 2014 5:23 PM
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Jan 2, 2014 9:01 PM

Jul 2010
Overall it was indeed enjoyable, a little anti-climatic ending but it's ok.
I'm expecting to see a second season anytime soon, and I'd gladly watch it.

7/10 then.

PrometheusZero said:

Damn right.
Jan 2, 2014 10:26 PM

Jul 2011
PrometheusZero said:

LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA!!!!
Jan 3, 2014 5:56 AM

Aug 2009
8/10 had a blast watching this :D
But if there is anything, I feel like Juri's story arc mixed in with the ending kinda vexed me :/
Felt like it slowed down the momentum of the finale, wich is a killer for me. I feel that I don't have to know about Juri's past, she just have to be that sexy nurse :)
Although I do understand that her sister have played a big part ever since the beginning.

~Rewston
Jan 3, 2014 10:47 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
A solid 8/10.

Now to the next set of OVAs for the next arc!
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 4, 2014 7:27 AM

Jul 2010
Misdreavius said:

Seriously, characters were the best part of this anime. The last anime I remember, which had so many interesting and lovable chars, was Gintama. It really says a lot.
Animation and sound was just as amazing. Weakest part was story obviously, but still it was far from bad. Really hoping for a season 2, since it's such an open ending.
Was going to give it a 7, but after watching last 3 episodes I up'd it to 8/10. A really enjoyable series.
Jan 4, 2014 7:25 PM

Nov 2012
yeah... let the battle begin..!
akina and his purple hand.. look really really hurt..
and enjin.. so they are twin? wait enjin is not really enjin right? :O

at the end lila and juri live together hoho :3 they look really happy now :)
and.. the ending.. who is those guys?
hmm. I see some in tsuki ni naku..

10/10 :3 really love this show.. hope there will be season 2!
Jan 5, 2014 12:59 AM

Apr 2009
To those of you thinking it ended quite abruptly, this anime was never meant to tell the entire story of Yozakura Quartet. Rather, they are taking certain arcs in the manga and animating them. With the appearances of the next youkai hunters in the ending, I'm sure the next few arcs will be animated. While it takes longer between episodes, the animation is fantastic and they don't have to cram volumes of material into a 1-cour anime.

Currently, the timeline is as follows:

1st Arc: Thorny Path
YQ ~Hana no Uta~ Episodes 1-8

2nd Arc: Sea of Stars
YQ ~Hoshi no Umi~ OVA 1-3

MiniArc: Walking Pilgrimage

3rd Arc: Song of Flowers
YQ ~Hana no Uta~ Episodes 9-13

4th Arc: Crying in the Moonlight
YQ ~Tsuki ni Naku~ OVA 1-3

MiniArc: Story.

5th Arc: Oni Tale
Not animated yet!

Currently, only OVA 1 of ~Tsuki ni Naku~ has been released, but I hope this timeline saved some confused people some pain. The mini-arc "Walking Pilgrimage" gives the backstory of Mariabelle and the two gods, which has not been animated yet. The mini-arc "Story." is some sidestory but also delves into the past of the actual counselling office, including when Kotoha got struck. This, of course, has not been animated yet. Finally, Oni Tale will go over the next Youkai Hunter.

Anyways, Hana no Uta: Beautiful animation, and a great adaption of the manga. Looking forward to Tsuki ni Naku, and further animation of the future arcs.
MoonfailJan 5, 2014 1:26 AM
Jan 5, 2014 9:45 AM

Jun 2011
5/5 for episode, 9/10 for anime
I really loved this, I'm so glad they decided to re-do this according to the manga unlike the original anime. I love all the characters so much :3 And the OP and ED in this anime are just so great, I love them :D First half of the episode was really intense, and the 2nd was so sweet ^^ Can't wait for Tsuki ni Naku :D
Jan 5, 2014 4:04 PM

Jun 2012
Kind of sad that the fight ended like that, but at least the series was wrapped up in the SH.
That ending was one of the most pleasant things of the season ^^, if only it got more time. .

I'm going to miss this underrated series so much! T_T Great variety of characters with cool powers and personalities and not too much focus on any single one, and amazing animation during those fight scenes. Now to decide a rating somewhere 8 or 9. Again, I'm going to miss YZQ T_T
T_T
T_T

Jan 7, 2014 4:36 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Reboot wonderful, combined with his vision of the SROs "Hoshi no Umi" is great! One flaw? 13 episodes are few, the plot is not developed well, I remember that in the old series there was more space to office work for our protagonists, but here you are not just mentioned all this, in the end if you do not read the manga in truth you do not understand what they do exactly Akina, Ao, Hime and Kotoha. This also applies to Kyousuke and Touka minimally. Narration pleasant, there was a mixture of situations and contexts, satisfied. OST and pleasing designs. Eventually even this character design of the characters has been able to conquer me as one of the old series.
Animations not bad, Tatsunoko has worked quite well.

Final rating that goes from 7/10 to 8/10, if they had developed the storyline better enriching more, you could end with a more explosive you get to vote on 9/10! I hope there is a categorized according season after the new OAD "Tsuki ni Naku"
P.S. Too bad that in my country except one group, all the others have snubbed! As with the previous Hoshi no Umi OAD.
Jan 9, 2014 11:26 PM

Oct 2012
Lila as nurse xD
Oh... Kotoha, Touka.. I want to know the tricks too
Lol @ Kotoha & Ao's priceless face when they knew Lily & her parents = Lila & her magic
The elders and their costumes xD

All of them enjoyed the festival (including the 3 mysterious people maybe the next villains)
I want more!!!

JN00b312 said:
PrometheusZero said:

LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA!!!!

Lol.. smart answer... Here's the cookie~

Moonfail said:

1st Arc: Thorny Path
YQ ~Hana no Uta~ Episodes 1-8

2nd Arc: Sea of Stars
YQ ~Hoshi no Umi~ OVA 1-3

MiniArc: Walking Pilgrimage

3rd Arc: Song of Flowers
YQ ~Hana no Uta~ Episodes 9-13

4th Arc: Crying in the Moonlight
YQ ~Tsuki ni Naku~ OVA 1-3

MiniArc: Story.

5th Arc: Oni Tale
Not animated yet!

Thank you random person!!
There's no animated one for mini arc?
"Signature removed"
Jan 11, 2014 7:46 AM

Jan 2011
What is this madness?! ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ
4/10.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jan 21, 2014 10:25 AM

Dec 2012
Nice Ending. I really hope for a next season to come.
I did not mean to harm anyone feeling or criticize the point of view of other. These are my point of views.
Jan 29, 2014 2:39 AM

Aug 2013
That was great. Wish it wasn't limited to just 13 episodes. I really like the cast and the mix of humor and action. Off to read the manga!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Mar 9, 2014 5:12 PM

Aug 2013
lolwut? magic iz op, nerf plz

Well, it was a good episode, but not really a good ending. It leave us with a lot of question and a weak closure. Don't get me wrong, the scene at the end with the yukatas and all was cute and heartwarming, but considering all the question that the episode left, it's hard to accept.

The fight was pretty cool. I liked the dynamic that the two opposite created. Of course, Akina was really disadvantaged... I didn't understood the science thing.

I hope they do a second season, it was a fun ride!
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 19, 2014 8:37 AM

May 2013
love it masterpiece in its own way, would try the manga out later..... later....... - -'
May 21, 2014 4:18 PM

May 2012
Quite a lovely ending although the story is far from over, not sure but the original series had a better ending imo, not sure if there will be a second season or not but this had some strong and weaker points on its own!

All in all a pretty decent remake of the overall story! 7/10
Jul 17, 2014 7:18 AM

Jan 2012
shittiest cast of characters ever..

did not like single one of them

and the retarded to serious scene transition is poorly done

plot and animeation is decent but everything else suck shit

5/10
Dec 13, 2014 7:34 PM

Nov 2011
im in love with you Juri
Hate Keeps me warm
Mar 21, 2015 6:39 AM

Jul 2012
Plot progression was a bit of a mess and the story never went anywhere. I suppose this works more like an introduction to the manga.

Blending humour and seriousness is cool but it wasn't done well here. A lot of the characters didn't make sense to me. Especially the villains. Just found myself grimacing at their actions most of the time.

I did enjoy this a lot for the first few episodes and the fight scenes were quite fun but then things happened all over the place. At least the Ao x Kotoha cuteness was an unexpected perk.

6/10.
Ga_LaxyMar 22, 2015 2:30 AM
Mar 24, 2015 11:30 PM

Mar 2013
So from here I guess I continue on to the 4th arc or the OVA.
Then after that I just start at chapter 63, the mini arc Story?
May 11, 2015 1:15 AM

Feb 2013
IT'S OVER!

So Enjin and Akina do start to duke it out. This battle is like when a immovable object meets an unstoppable force. Enjin just keeps summoning and Akina just keeps removing them. Enjin also reveals how he and Akina got their respective powers. That's cool.

Lila in a nurse outfit. HHHHHNNNNNGGGG!

Love how everyone was enjoying themselves at the festival. Even Enjin and those two yokai hunters that weren't properly introduced! Time to watch the Yozakura Quartet: Tsuki ni Naku!

IT'S NOT OVER YET!
Sep 18, 2015 11:33 PM

Jan 2010
This was quite the odd show that came seemingly out of nowhere. It feels like Kyousougiga with its eccentric colors and equally eccentric characters. Then again, it feels like a Gainax work with all the energy put forth in its animation. And once again, it feels like Birdy the Mighty: Decode with the action scenes going full throttle. It was never serious about anything that it was doing. I'm sure there's an underlying plot to all this, but all attempts to reference or drive it seemed to be in vain. Everything was in service of the eccentricities, and I must say, I enjoyed watching Yozakura Quartet simply have fun with itself. While the fights were great, it seemed to be all about the daily happenings. I don't mind these types of shows, but it does throw into question the point of it all.

Is the show trying to do a little bit of everything, excelling at nothing due sheer shallowness of its plot and daily interactions? Or perhaps this is the show's identity, never committing to any single thing and remaining content with just living life? It's hard to say due to how short Yozakura Quartet is, but from what's available, it definitely leaves a lot to be desired.
Dec 5, 2015 10:04 AM

Aug 2015
So Lila joins the crew huh as Juri's assistant nurse, still can't believe all the shit she'd done especially summoning that large ass sword was all a magic trick for a human being to do that, well weird things are always welcome to this town anyway. Anyway with the revelation on Esoterism and Akina possessing the power to summon from other dimensions was one way to end this series.

Misdreavius said:

Pretty much sum up my thoughts on this series, added the amazing animation quality, overall what a pretty fun ride it is 8/10
May 10, 2016 10:05 PM

Mar 2014
The Head Family and the Branch Family's Tuning !! That was stunning ~ .
Nature of Esoterism and still mysterious lies dormant . That could be good also .
Touka-chan is kawaii , Hime-chan is kawaii .. everyone is CUTE !!
One lovely nurse/magician added to the family ~ !! More to come ~ .
Perfect episode !!! It is just fantastic ~ .

Maido <3 !! I didn’t expect they could raise the quality this high ~ !! The series got a lot of good and delicate key points and one of them that I like to point out ; how hilarious it is ~ !! It is so fulfilling ~ !! I’m giving it 10/10 :D Top-notch .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 10, 2016 11:18 PM

Oct 2012
ending song is fire.

that's all I want to say about this series.

Jun 18, 2016 9:56 AM

Jun 2011
^ I feel the same, ed song was pretty nice.

As for the series, I am on the same boat as some of the people here who say that this is a bit of everything but didn't do everything well. Sometimes it's ecchi, sometimes it's comedy, sometimes it's slice of life, sometimes it's heavy drama, and sometimes they tried to mix it up and fail horribly. It's a jumble of mess. The characters are also the same, pretty much, the cast was too big, and they had to share the screen time, in the end, no one really stood out as a special one, and not just that, none of them are memorable.

I am not a huge fan of having a drama being resolved that easily, and it has happened multiple times over the span of 13 episodes. It doesn't feel like it is a real problem if it's so easily resolved. The poor timing of drama, or comedy, or ecchi, or whatever you name it, was also a big problem.

The setting had much potential, but alas I don't think it has reached even half of its potential.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jun 30, 2016 1:51 AM

Jul 2013
Found this series by chance after seeing a gif of Ao and never expected it to be that good. Honestly it was all perfect except a couple scenes where the art would almost look incomplete and the previous episode which ended in a weird way, I mean the result was fine but a simple "oh I'm so sorry"-"ok it's all good now oneesama" just didn't feel right.

Also who the hell are these guys?
Aug 14, 2016 11:14 AM

Feb 2015
So the story in this series is completely different one from the previous adaptation i assume ? cause i can't connect the story with it so i'm just gonna assume it has a different plot/story. So! the way they executed the story! the first three episode didn't leave much impact to me just gonna be honest in terms of story. but it's different when it comes to it's animation. yes, the animation was so freaking cool AF imo. and i really like the idea to lower the quality of the character design and put it in the character movements more instead. i really really like that idea alot. it saves money and makes it looks more coller.

Same with the story after it got serious in the middle when, i think, 4 of them, Ao, Kotoha, The orge simblings and Hima went berserk. that scene, for god sake, it was so fucking awsome and amazing in terms of animation, soundtrak, atmosphere and bit of the plot twist. and they went berserk not for nothing. i like that they went beserk because of something too especially that reasoning. just gonna be honest, that rage scene is one of my fav rage scene from anime.

overall view from story and character, i like it that it fit to eachother and makes this series looks more fun, entertaining and interesting to watch to me. especially the fun in this series. the jokes and character relationship between each character....every time i saw it, it was enjoyable to watch and fun to watch too. the soundtracks fit well too both of those, story and character which i really like too :D

anyway, overall, it was a great, enjoyable, entertaining, fun and interesting show. obvious i will read the manga after they showed me that ending. those two new characters. man...i can't wait to read the manga xD 9/10 from me. wish another season FROM THE SAME STUDIO WHO MADE THIS ANIME!!!

and obvious this series is way better than the previous adaptation imo.
thanks for the show!!! XD

Shocked said:
This was quite the odd show that came seemingly out of nowhere. It feels like Kyousougiga with its eccentric colors and equally eccentric characters. Then again, it feels like a Gainax work with all the energy put forth in its animation.

HAHAHA xD i'm so suprised to see that someone actually has the same thought as mine xD
seriously. like when i saw this anime for the first time, kyousougiga came into my mind first and then Gainax came in second xD
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2013

65 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Feb 1, 7:37 PM

Poll: » Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta Episode 12 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 22, 2013

44 by deg »»
Mar 5, 2023 11:36 AM

Poll: » Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2013

40 by deg »»
Mar 3, 2023 11:36 AM

Poll: » Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2013

43 by deg »»
Mar 2, 2023 12:08 PM

Poll: » Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2013

59 by deg »»
Mar 1, 2023 1:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.