Forum Settings
Forums

'Hanamonogatari' in Production for 2014 as 'Monogatari Series: Second Season +α' [Update 3/22]

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 29, 2013 6:03 PM

Jun 2012
Theres going to be a third season after Hanamonogatari right?
Dec 29, 2013 6:08 PM

Apr 2013
Shuhan said:
Yeah, probably. SHAFT said they wanted to adapt all of the Novels.
an egomaniac and a fool

Dec 29, 2013 9:41 PM

Jun 2012
Emnay said:
Shuhan said:
Yeah, probably. SHAFT said they wanted to adapt all of the Novels.

shweet.
Dec 29, 2013 9:55 PM
Dec 2012
Cletus said:
Does anyone know the chronological order/timeline of the second season story arcs(including hanamonogatari)?
I heard that hanamonogatari takes place after hitagi end and if so

Hana takes place before Koi.
Dec 30, 2013 12:48 AM

Nov 2007
ZeroReq011 said:
Cletus said:
Does anyone know the chronological order/timeline of the second season story arcs(including hanamonogatari)?

Hana takes place before Koi.

Please refer to the more info. link to the series, which also has linked on my first post.
Hanamonogatari
This novel happens after everthing has ended
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 30, 2013 4:06 AM

Jun 2013
More of this series is always good happy its still going and i hope they will soon release the Kizu film since its about Shinobu
Dec 30, 2013 6:29 AM

Nov 2008
wow i really need to catch up with monogatari and be done with it on the other hand i'm glad to see that they are on schedule for hanamonogatari.
Dec 30, 2013 7:02 AM
Jun 2013
Keen as beans... Yeah I just said that.
Dec 30, 2013 9:01 AM

Mar 2013
I really assumed that they would show hanamonogatari after kabukimonogatari in the anime. I don't know why they didn't show it.
Dec 30, 2013 8:34 PM

Jan 2007
Cletus said:

Heres something I made with a bit of source material that I also linked in the doc. I made it for someone that was basically asking the same question.

Note: it does not include final season, only up to the end of 2nd season

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiCKCUt3-L_5dG1hMFBvQ2tYUHNzVnpBY3RfaHZCN2c#gid=0

On a side note, I am betting on a kizu annoucement once hana finishes
jounouchiDec 30, 2013 8:39 PM
Dec 31, 2013 12:24 AM

Sep 2011
So what happened to Kizumonogatari? :O
Jan 1, 2014 11:30 PM

Jun 2013
*Looks at the Hanamonogatari Title*

OH FOR FUCKS SAKE SHAAAAAFT!!!
Jan 2, 2014 3:39 AM

Sep 2012
I can't remember now, was Second Season announced at the end of the TV broadcast of Neko Kuro or just on the Bluray? Wondering when we'll be able to anticipate that.
Jan 2, 2014 4:02 AM
Dec 2010
Am I the only one who never understood why they wanted to make a Kizumonogatari movie in the first place? Common sense would be that you make a movie for the best point of the series, which is pretty blatantly Kabukimonogatari. Which would be made for a terrific movie, more so than Kizumonogatari.
Jan 2, 2014 5:04 AM

Sep 2012
scytheavatar said:
Am I the only one who never understood why they wanted to make a Kizumonogatari movie in the first place? Common sense would be that you make a movie for the best point of the series, which is pretty blatantly Kabukimonogatari. Which would be made for a terrific movie, more so than Kizumonogatari.
If there was common sense in Aniplex/Shaft then they would have at least made Kabuki into a 6-episode arc in Second Season instead of a 4-episode arc!!! What on earth were they thinking??? And this after skipping so much of Nekomonogatari Shiro... which also could have used another episode or two but at least got 5 and the bonus audio on the discs filled us in but Kabuki disc 1 had no bonus audio! None at all :'(
Jan 2, 2014 6:30 AM

Dec 2012
scytheavatar said:

That doesn't make any sense because

1/ Kizumonongatari is the beginning of the story so you don't need to be familiar with Monogatari, meaning more people seeing the movie.

2/ Kizumonogatari has the most straight forward storytelling so it can attracts and please people other than fans.

3/ Kizumonogatari has the most action which requires a higher budget so it would be great for a moive.

4/Kabuki is not the best or close to it.
Jan 2, 2014 10:51 AM

Mar 2012
scytheavatar said:
Hmm. I'm guessing the adaptation didn't do Kabuki justice? It was only my third favourite arc of this season, let alone an obvious series standout.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jan 2, 2014 2:59 PM

Mar 2008
Wonderful news. More Monogatari is always a good thing in my book.

Jan 8, 2014 1:52 PM
Oct 2013
mugi said:
tsudecimo said:
This didn't really bring any new information...

Maybe it is. That means they actually didn't start producing it for the 2nd season when they started it. Which means Hana might get some decent production value.

decent production value????... I don´t want to believe someone is talking bad about Monogatari 2nd season....
Jan 8, 2014 2:44 PM

Feb 2010
Oystercatcher said:
scytheavatar said:
Hmm. I'm guessing the adaptation didn't do Kabuki justice? It was only my third favourite arc of this season, let alone an obvious series standout.

I'm feeling the same, it was actually my second least favorite arc of this season. I never cared much abotu Mayoi in the first place though, so that might have something to do with it.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jan 8, 2014 3:57 PM
Oct 2010
Good news, anyway is there any word on the movie? Kizomonogatari or w/e it's called.
Jan 9, 2014 5:33 PM

Jul 2013
Another season is definitely needed
monogatari second season had an anticlimactic end imo
Senjougahara and Araragi didn't even have a scene together after being saved
"Okarin... Okarin... I don't know who that is, but when I say his name, I feel warm inside" - Mayuri "Mayushii" Shiina
Jan 10, 2014 1:51 AM

Sep 2012
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
I'm feeling the same, it was actually my second least favorite arc of this season. I never cared much abotu Mayoi in the first place though, so that might have something to do with it.
Didn't you watch the earlier seasons? You don't feel for her story? Really? I think Mayoi's story is really good, one of the deeper ones. Koyomi has a real reason to call her his best ghost girl.

Speaking of Hanamonogatari... I like Kanbaru but her story is nowhere near as deep though Hana will improve on that. She just doesn't get much page/screen time compared to the other girls but this will finally be her story.
Jan 25, 2014 11:41 AM
Jul 2018
VioLink said:
Miyuki Sawashiro OP please.

You have my gratitude for posting this.
Anyway, can't wait for this. It's been awhile, i miss Kanbaru~
Jan 25, 2014 3:41 PM
Jan 2014
Anyone else boarding the hype train? I know I am!
*insert something witty here*
Jan 28, 2014 1:31 PM

Aug 2011
I don't know how I missed the official announcement. Kinda annoyed by the a+ name they gave it. Was Hanamonogatari too complicated? Oh well.

Please release Kizumonogatari before we start series three. And pls separate the Koyomi arcs in Season Three into full episodes each. That'd be rad. Four-cour? That isn't too much to ask?

Vengeance of everyone's grudge.

"I didn't add it to my list so I forgot I was watching that." - lpf
Jan 28, 2014 1:40 PM

Sep 2012
Doaj said:
I don't know how I missed the official announcement. Kinda annoyed by the a+ name they gave it. Was Hanamonogatari too complicated? Oh well.

Please release Kizumonogatari before we start series three. And pls separate the Koyomi arcs in Season Three into full episodes each. That'd be rad. Four-cour? That isn't too much to ask?
This!!! Release Hanamonogatari and Tsukimonogatari as ONA series, then Koyomimonogatari as a 12-episode 1-cour, Owarimonogatari as 24 episode 2-cour, Zokuowarimonogatari as...
Jan 28, 2014 2:14 PM
Jul 2018
MrFlippy1005 said:

I am. Kanbaru is my second favorite character to watch, given how open she is with her personality & tastes, even if it drives Koyomi into awkwardness often!
Jan 29, 2014 6:22 PM
Jun 2013
I am so keen for this!
Jan 29, 2014 6:35 PM

Mar 2012
Haven't watched Second Season yet, but I guess it's good news. Just haven't found that hype I had while watching Bake again though. But optimistic still.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Jan 30, 2014 12:17 AM
Jul 2018
Venom900 said:
Haven't watched Second Season yet, but I guess it's good news. Just haven't found that hype I had while watching Bake again though. But optimistic still.

Second Season is quite amazing. I would say it even surpasses Bake for me. I wholly recommend watching it.
Jan 30, 2014 2:31 AM

Sep 2012
It astounds me that people need other people to hype shows before they'll bother to watch them. Just watch Second Season already, jeez...
Jan 30, 2014 7:24 AM

Mar 2012
hpulley said:
It astounds me that people need other people to hype shows before they'll bother to watch them. Just watch Second Season already, jeez...

I don't recall asking people to please hype up second season so I can watch it. I believe you misunderstood what I was saying, entirely, but yes...Second Season is on my list of shows to watch next month (February).

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Mar 21, 2014 8:10 PM

Nov 2007
News Update
An ad from Anime Japan reveals that the series will air May 31, 2014 and will be 5 episodes. Additional cast members have also been announced.

Suruga Kanbaru: Miyuki Sawashiro
Rouka Numachi: Kana Asumi
Tooe Kanbaru: Michiko Neya

Source: Yaraon 1, 2
NaruleachMar 23, 2014 7:23 PM
Mar 21, 2014 8:24 PM

Jan 2014
Can't wait to see this, as I enjoy the entire Monogatari series. One thing I want to know is, are these 5 episodes going to be longer than the usual 24 minutes or so? Or is it that the part of the LN's they're adapting is shorter than others? I'm not familiar with the source material or nay of this season's details sorry.
Mar 21, 2014 8:36 PM

Nov 2007
Dofy said:
Can't wait to see this, as I enjoy the entire Monogatari series. One thing I want to know is, are these 5 episodes going to be longer than the usual 24 minutes or so? Or is it that the part of the LN's they're adapting is shorter than others? I'm not familiar with the source material or nay of this season's details sorry.

There's no other information announced other than those I posted.
Mar 21, 2014 8:46 PM

Jan 2014
tsubasalover said:
Dofy said:

Fair enough, was just hoping there was a hint about that, but we'll be finding out soon enough I guess. Thanks for all the posted info.
Mar 21, 2014 8:50 PM

Jun 2012
Dofy said:
tsubasalover said:
Dofy said:

Fair enough, was just hoping there was a hint about that, but we'll be finding out soon enough I guess. Thanks for all the posted info.

imo it will be like nekomonogatari: Kuro

- I only draw freestyle! -
Mar 21, 2014 9:01 PM

Nov 2013
damn this, I was hoping two cour
Mar 21, 2014 9:10 PM

Dec 2012
Celestrial2 said:

Huh?

Hanamonogatari is just an arc about Kanbaru. It's like the other arcs in Monogatari Second Season. It's not a sequel to Monogatari Second Season, it's part of it.
Mar 21, 2014 9:27 PM

Jan 2014
tsudecimo said:
Celestrial2 said:

Huh?

Hanamonogatari is just an arc about Kanbaru. It's like the other arcs in Monogatari Second Season. It's not a sequel to Monogatari Second Season, it's part of it.

Now it makes sense why it's 5 episodes, I didn't think of that. Thanks for that, can't wait to get some more Kanbaru.
Mar 21, 2014 9:34 PM

Feb 2014
MrFlippy1005 said:

I am with you sir!!! Just found out about this today and OMG IM HAPPY/EXCITED RIGHT NOW *_*
Mar 21, 2014 10:04 PM
Aug 2011
May is quite soon.
I still haven't gotten around to that Monogatari: Second Season, will have to do that quickly now.
Mar 21, 2014 10:08 PM
Oct 2010
Not going to lie, next season really looks amazing for me. Kanbaru is the second best girl so it's good that it's all about her.
Mar 21, 2014 10:10 PM
Jul 2018
Ohh my. I'm tingling inside. May! Kanbaru! Excite. Hum. May is pretty soon, but the wait is going to be frustrating.
Mar 22, 2014 2:01 AM
Feb 2012
Will this be streamed online or air on TV? I'm 99% sure it's the latter, but you never know...
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Mar 22, 2014 2:14 AM

Jan 2013
didn't we know this already? apparently not I guess
Mar 22, 2014 2:32 AM

Sep 2013
This is great news!
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Mar 22, 2014 3:26 AM

Nov 2007
GuiltyKing said:
Will this be streamed online or air on TV? I'm 99% sure it's the latter, but you never know...

TV.
Mar 22, 2014 1:45 PM

Jun 2013
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAA
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - 1 hour ago

2 by RobertBobert »»
4 minutes ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 59 minutes ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
6 minutes ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
41 minutes ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

3 by Etherius_ZS »»
3 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

97 by Nanaca »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.