Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Genshiken
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 11, 2015 9:22 AM

Nov 2011
Episode that concludes the story, or let's call misadventures of Genshiken.
Also an opportunity for the real birth of Genshiken, because in this context is forged the term that we know.
Narration interesting and varied, which leads to further maturation characters, I liked it.
Drawings that reach a level never seen before, now that you are more than good quality like, I like.
Sasahara finally manages to emerge from the narrative.
My vote is 8/10!
Jun 3, 2015 4:34 PM

Jan 2010
My only disappointment with this show was the limited amount of references. The first episode was full of little bits, and throughout the show there were things like Lupin and Card Captor Sakura, but I suppose I just wanted more variety, rather than going back to Unbalance and Guilty Gear all the time. Besides that, everything else I liked. I expected this to be some crazy over-the-top otaku fest featuring a bunch of tasteless jokes. Instead, it was extremely down-to-earth with the otaku jokes being downplayed. Instead of the jokes focusing on the otaku lifestyle, it instead became about these specific characters acting and reacting to everything around them. The show was funny not because of what was being said or done, but it was because of the characters themselves going through the motions.

And yeah, Madarame and Saki were the best.
Jul 15, 2015 6:46 PM

Jul 2008
This time I did feel bad for Saki. I'm just surprised she got that emotional about it.

This gets a rare 10/10 for me. Rarely do I like comedies and even rarer do that make me laugh so much.
Mar 2, 2016 9:26 AM
Jun 2014
very touching finale.
The ED with Ogiue was perfection. Teasing the new character for the OAV. Everyone bringing their head up to look at her at the very end made me laugh pretty hard... not sure why but I just wasn't expecting it.
Oct 26, 2016 11:40 AM
Jul 2016
Hard to believe this anime came out over 12 years ago. Still feels like a breath of fresh air today.
Nov 23, 2016 8:03 PM

Mar 2015
Waaahhhh, i didnt expect a Tsun showed dere side!!! Noooo~~~, dont cry Saki-chan! She was cute when she cried though :'(

I have delusion that Kousaka got NTRed and Saki goes to Madarame. I had weird feeling after watching this series.

4/5

Overall: 7.5/10
Dec 7, 2016 8:39 AM

Feb 2013
I didn't like seeing Saki cry.
Sasahara is the new chairman.
Jan 15, 2017 4:52 PM

Sep 2013
Can someone tell me what was up with the last few seconds? They subbed version doesn't translate what is being said and the dubbed version has no sound at all. The club is sitting there staring at someone with a ponytail sticking up on the top of their head and with a long mustache sticking out from both sides of their head (though we only see a back view). Who is this person and what was being said??????

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Mar 15, 2017 9:33 PM

Dec 2014
I liked it but for the most part only because of Saki. Her reactions and attitude for things had me laughing most of the time. All of the other characters weren't as entertaining, especially Kousaka, geez was he bland. Saki's MVP though!

6/10
Jul 29, 2017 8:24 AM

Oct 2012
And the original prez still there watching everyone like Batman... With his alien eyes xD

I guess Madarame will have less air time now :(

New member is joining in ED!
"Signature removed"
Dec 17, 2017 1:38 PM

Oct 2015
hilarious show and really fulfills enjoyment. But its too bad Madarame stepped down as chairman of the club, he kinda for me made the show to be worth watching. If he is not in the next sequel forget about me watching this one, Sasahara as chairman seems boring. If it wasn't for Madarame I would've have given this one a 5.

Anyway its a 7/10 I will check out the next one.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 19, 2018 6:17 PM

Aug 2013
such a great show in my opinion, definitely gonna check the rest of the series.

English is my second language
May 1, 2018 4:24 PM

Dec 2015
What is the point of all of this mess i don't know...comparing this to Welcome to NHK is a shame
Apr 24, 2019 6:44 PM

Mar 2016
So Saki is a selfish obnoxious cunt who almost destroys the club and tries to actively ruin everyone's fun at every opportunity yet she is a well liked member of the group? There's a huge disconnect here that for the life of me I cannot understand. And it's not like there is any 'comedy' to be found in her antics, she's just a fucking bitch. Also I found the way they stuck Saki and Kousaka's relationship into the faces of the other members to be incredibly unpleasant.

I feel like this was a botched attempt at telling a story about a group of otaku through the eyes of a 'normal' person. I liked the actual club members, when they had screentime...
syncrogazerApr 24, 2019 7:01 PM
Jun 29, 2019 5:38 AM

Jan 2013
This was an amazing anime all the way through.
Jul 19, 2019 9:12 PM

Apr 2008
I don't understand what this series even is - on the outside it seems like a "club slice of life" but it is just really focused on Saki trashing everything around her all the time. I almost wonder if the author just really likes girls like that and that's what this is about.
Jun 3, 2020 2:38 PM

Aug 2017
Wow didn't except Saki to cry. But I've surely enjoyed this serie, although I didn't get many references from other shows it was still fun to follow the adventures of an otaku group. I would have preferred if it was less focused on Saki and more on the other members, hopefully that's the case in season 2.

7.5/10
Nov 8, 2021 4:39 PM
Dec 2017
nice series overall

Apr 25, 2022 8:54 AM

Sep 2018
What a lovely way to wrap up this season, a lot changed, but at the same time, they all gather in that same room and do the same stuff as always. Like there was development, but not too drastic that the club really broke apart, which would’ve been a rather sad way to end it. Hope we still see plenty of Madarame even if he’s not chairman anymore. I also like how Saki is still there lmao
May 6, 2022 1:47 AM

Sep 2018
I quite enjoyed that, the dynamics between the group, especially with the non otaku GF, were very entertaining. I'm not into a lot of the things that the Genshiken group does, but some of their interests and jokes were pretty relatable and therefore hilarious. 8/10.
Dec 4, 2022 11:17 PM

Jun 2021
This anime surprised me I thought it was going to be a normal otaku comedy but I felt super identified with the characters and I had a lot of fun with the group dynamics I'm definitely going to watch the 2nd season and the manga
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH
May 12, 2023 10:15 PM
Apr 2023
I think the final episode of 1st season is good. because I watch the series in 2023 and I know about the sequal is exist the ending give us a hint about Ogie the new character... I will see what she bring to the table
May 18, 2023 2:46 PM
Dec 2021
great anime, great episode.
Aug 7, 2023 7:40 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
I was craving for some degeneracy in all honesty and I got just the right show, it seems, lmao. 

It was nice to see the group look back on the past year, a lot of things sure have changed. Student Council Vice Pres saying Kusakabe fits into the group and her not rejecting for once was so heartwarming. Madarame-san stepping down was a surprise, he really gave off leader vibes in the group. Sasahara-kun with that motive of his might just be what the club needs to stay afloat. Genshiken in Hiragana, that's a great way to end the season! 

Oono-san x Tanaka-san, that needs to be a thing!

Got to say, I'm so glad the newcomers from one of the earlier episodes didn't end up joining, they didn't seem to fit at all, imho. I wonder just exactly who the previous-to-previous President was, feels like he's always running the show somehow. Not to mention, his crucial save as well. I wish Kusakabe-san would let us know too.

New character in the ED visuals, that's sneaky. Guess I'll have to move on to the OVAs now, 15 episode series broken into 12 + 3? Looks like there are some people that seem to believe that so that's good to hear. Prefer a sequel than a spin-off although to be fair, either would work for this show. Strong 7/10.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 29, 2023 5:52 PM

Dec 2019
NOOO SAKI-SAN DON'T CRY :'( Heartbreaking scene, amazing VA work, a little drama to wrap up the series was needed to make it memorial. Saki is such a crucial character for the series to showcase her outsider point-of-view of otaku culture. She abseloutely deserves to get kicked out of the club and I fucking love her, Kousaka you lucky bastard.

I think this is the best anime that truly represents otaku-culture in the 2000s, just on pair with Lucky Star.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Genshiken Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

then - Dec 8, 2007

63 by Lothic »»
Jan 24, 11:02 PM

Poll: » Genshiken Episode 4 Discussion

Trie - Nov 7, 2007

39 by Euroqean »»
Oct 25, 2023 3:00 PM

Poll: » Genshiken Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Trie - Nov 7, 2007

59 by Enigma-kun »»
Sep 5, 2023 6:01 PM

Poll: » Genshiken Episode 2 Discussion

Trie - Nov 7, 2007

48 by W3TFT »»
Aug 4, 2023 7:39 PM

Poll: » Genshiken Episode 10 Discussion

then - Dec 8, 2007

33 by cambreezy »»
Apr 25, 2023 9:15 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.