Forum Settings
Forums
Puella Magi Madoka Magica: The Movie -Rebellion-
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jan 17, 2015 9:01 AM

Feb 2014
No, she just became more twisted due to her SG's blackening.
Jan 19, 2015 5:33 AM
Oct 2013
FierceAlchemist said:
Homura's number one goal has always been saving Madoka. Rebellion just pushes that philosophy to it's logical conclusion when Homura's put through a terrible situation.
Feb 5, 2015 5:46 AM

Sep 2013
she's gone insane :3
but i will always love homura.. <3 <3 <3
Feb 5, 2015 5:49 AM

Feb 2013
I think she's the same with a little more dispair tho, she still wanted to protect Madoka and she did.

Jun 9, 2015 4:58 PM

Sep 2014
since we will probably never see a sequel, its hard for me to make a decision.
Since I liked her character before pretty much there is no way she could go even further up or down.
I really like these timeloop storys with characters who do everything they can to save someone (and fail at it multiple times.) because thats such a unique experience to make.

(Still, time travel back, get some support from other girls from other citys and defeat walpurgisnacht. No super magical girl, no super witch. No god. Just what she wanted. But hey. she is a teenage girl with PTSD afterall. I can see over it)
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 9, 2015 5:55 PM

Sep 2011
Interesting to note that Urobochi treats the TV Series and Movies as separate canons IIRC. While some may think otherwise, barring Rebellion, there's enough notable differences between the two to say that they're different canons. I guess for better or for worse, it's just up to the person as to which one is simply better executed as a story/character progression.
Jun 10, 2015 2:55 AM

Sep 2014
One point that makes this franchise even more like NGE.
in a World where characters can creats new universes if they wish so its probably the best to imagine everything as canon and happening in an alternate timeline as well.. i really hope this wasnt the end for this franchise. There are just endless options to make more awesome stuff.

btt I think its a little weird that homuras sg gets so tainted at all. In the world madoka created they are no witches so there should be no way for her sg to get into that state. I really hoped that we could see morr of this madoka world then just the end part of movie 2. I just cant think that madoka would abondom homura for this long. And that only miki and bebe became part of the godly power and she would really leave kyokou (i hope i get her name right) behind. But hey. I dont really mind at all. Homura became the opposite of madoka wich is necessary to balance the universe and only she could do this I think. Even if the universe dies madoka and homura will still be together (fighting). Yuri is strong.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Apr 24, 2019 2:47 AM
Dec 2018
Faust91x said:
Felt like a cheap excuse to negate Madoka's wish and hypocricy when she said that she wouldn't tolerate anyone that mocked Madoka's sacrifice.

Actually, Homura doesn't tolerate herself. We see her witch form' familiars in Rebellion - Clara Dolls. They are calle Pride, Pessimism, Liar, Coldheartedness, Selfishness, Slander, Blockhead, Jealousy, Laziness, Vanity, Cowardice, Stupid-Looking, Inferiority, and Stubbornness, while the last one, Love, is Homura herself. The familiars of a witch represent their owner's souls, which means that is exactly what Homura thinks of herself.

The Clara Dolls also sang this song to Homulilly's corpse:

"Yuck!
It's shameful Miss Good-for-Nothing.
Shun her and step on her.
Forget about her and spin around.
Sprinkle her ashes in a field and scatter petals.
Redye your clothes and mourn.
From now, from this, it's a funeral procession!
We envy it with these eyes.
We gnaw at the future with these teeth."

And one of the Clara Dolls, no other than Stupidity, also said:

"I heard this story from the Goddess. She's a beautiful and radiant goddess. I'm sure she'll love us too."

She herself is the one that she hates the most, over Mami, over Sayaka, over even Kyubey. Her self loathing problem is way bigger than Madoka's.
Ashley_ZhangApr 24, 2019 2:53 AM
May 25, 2019 2:51 PM
Jan 2018
There is absolutely zero reason whatsoever for Homura to be ok with what Madoka did at the end of the TV series. Madoka fucked Homura over, period. Homura literally dedicated her entire existence to fighting for Madoka's sake, putting her well being over everyone. In episode 12 after Madoka makes her wish and becomes God. She knows full well about what Homura has been through and what her goal was. So what does she do? First she sentences herself to a fate worse than death, then she makes it so that Homura can't go back in time and attempt to stop her, and if that wasn't bad enough she makes it so that Homura is literally the only person who remembers Madoka.(and no, Tatsuya doesn't count) Whether or not what Homura did was right is subjective, what is objective though is whether Homura acted out of Character.

No, she didn't.

Also this video does an excellent job of giving a more in depth explanation of my point: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mTqEJ-wto8
ZibsidianMay 25, 2019 9:19 PM
Jun 25, 2019 10:44 PM
Mar 2018
straggy said:
Zetsuei380 said:

Most likely even if she defeated Walpurgisnacht, if Madoka died/turned to a magical girl she would of went back in time despite saving the world. Saving the world is more of a secondary objective to her. If lots of people died but Madoka lived she wouldn't do anything to change that.

A secondary objective is still an objective. She was still saving other people and the world, when she could've focused EVERYTHING on Madoka.
She couldn't, she doesn't care at all but if she did madoka wouldn't be happy without her family, her best friend exc. She did all this for madoka, all this world was re-builded to make her happy
Pages (4) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Movie 3: Hangyaku no Monogatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dimasmw - Oct 27, 2013

1042 by Biisoo »»
Apr 17, 7:10 AM

» Madoka Magica Rebellion is a masterpiece ( 1 2 )

JezzaC - Jan 28, 2021

65 by HigherLvLThinker »»
Aug 16, 2023 7:00 AM

» State your opinion: Did Homura REALLY do nothing wrong?

StanSayakaMiki77 - Apr 17, 2023

19 by APolygons2 »»
Jul 18, 2023 5:23 PM

» Explaining the final twist

APolygons2 - Oct 19, 2022

45 by ScionOfCyan »»
Jan 30, 2023 7:28 PM

» Plot Holes? What exactly happened between.... (movie spoilers)

Rob7 - Sep 24, 2022

18 by APolygons2 »»
Oct 19, 2022 6:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.