Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 23, 2013 10:56 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was awesome. The OST, the fight, the intensity.

Kirishima was pretty awesome when she went all angry tbh. NEVER MESS WITH TEDDY BEARS. Iona's got nice moves too. Seriously, leaping in the air and stepping on the missiles? That's awesome.

Poor Iona ;.;
http://i.imgur.com/q4wxDWd.png

Well that resolved..felt anticlimatic though. At least they reached San Diego. Takao is back also <333 lol @ the embrace, priceless.
Dec 23, 2013 11:04 AM

Jul 2010
I loved all the action throughout the anime. This final episode was no different.
Dec 23, 2013 12:41 PM
Oct 2012
What a nice episode, though I can imagine a few whiners, the ending actually had been building to this conclusion from the first episode. I will comment on this when the subs come out as not to ruin it for people who haven't seen it yet, but it confirms the main thrust of this show and so many verbal cues.

The only comment I will make is, oh THAT is how you do a sweep, thought I knew from last episode. Live and learn.
Dec 23, 2013 1:10 PM

Aug 2010
Loved it sooo much >.<

Iona showing emotions just makes her seem so different. She's much more lovable now. That near death experience made her adorable <3...Dat smile at the end made my heart fluffy :)

The Battleship action and Kongou vs Iona one on one combat this episode were just friggin top notch and screw every CG hater for this series. It was EPIC!! Iona's agility flying and jumping of rockets and how she kept dodging Kongou's OP spamming of abilities and dual wielding was so damn amazing!! Loved the animation there. EPICNESS OVERLOAD!!

I felt really bad for Kongou at the start. Iona just opened her Dere tap when she touched her, and damn her dere side is just to friggin cute >.<...Loved the part where Iona hugged her. So Kawaiii <3...Dem tears :*) At the end when she was smiling holding her hand was adorable. Dere Kongou is <3

Good to see Takao back too ^^...Lol'd at the end with Iona telling Gunzou he was pathetic XD

Loved the series overall. 8.5/10 :D
Barion-ZaraDec 23, 2013 1:16 PM
Dec 23, 2013 1:16 PM

Nov 2011
Great Series!
The kind side of Kongou reminds me so much of C.C. !!!!
Hate Keeps me warm
Dec 23, 2013 1:21 PM

Mar 2012
A truly wonderful series and it ended so perfectly and that is something to admire especially considering series deviated from the main manga storyline and yet still managed to do its own and come to satisfying end and that is rare to see in anime series because a lot of series were not so lucky.

However there is something i would like to say, If this series has become such a hit even with the manga deviations can u imagine what it would be like if they had actually adapt the manga storyline as an anime series.

They have got to give this series a brotherhood treatment i mean the ratings are good and the feedback has been positive and according to various sources this series is very well received and the Blu-ray pre-orders are high some of which are saying they are being sold out already. if that is true i can only imagine what the feedback response would be if actually dose get a proper adaptation after all ship girls are the in-thing right know in japan ( Thx to kancolle mostly )

Loved this series i would give it 9/10. It definatly needs to get a proper adaption but on a whole this series is also great. Managed to achieve what so many other anime series which deviated from source material have failed.

And as a last question to all how come this series has not been licensed for outside distrubution i would have tought this is the kind of series that would get an American release? do u think it might be possible that it will get licensed outside for homemarkt use eventually? subbed or dubbed whatever i just want it :)
-ShadowClaw-Dec 23, 2013 1:24 PM
Dec 23, 2013 1:33 PM

Apr 2012
An unexpectedly decent series. I'm hoping for a second season ( I'm really curious about the Fog and the origins of Iona and her relationship to Gunziu's dad). At the very least an Ova featuring the Tsundere Heavy Cruiser Takao (wasn't she adorable jumping on Gunziu's when's he got her body back?).
Dec 23, 2013 1:36 PM

Aug 2013
It makes me sad to know that today is its last episode I want more of Takao :P
Great series good characters from the look of it I think it will be impossible to have season 2 so I'll be happy if they give us some OVA's :p
9/10
Dec 23, 2013 1:43 PM
Feb 2012
Fuck, this was great.
Fight was special - budget well spent lol - Iona has better moves than ninja xD
Cool Kongo stayed alive and is umm... reborn in a way. Good move not to resurrect Maya but at least the piano is there.

...And Takao jaysus rofl

Series was the biggest pleasant surprise in a while for me so shit, gave it a 9.

Even without another season (only good bluray sales would make s2 possible I guess), the show is great on its own, nice closure & all.
Dec 23, 2013 1:45 PM
Dec 2013
hmm, what I could say about this episode?

first of, the Kongou part finish all the American Fog Fleet is quite bad (I want to know more about those girls). It seem like a repeat of the begin of ep. 11

the rest, well, speechless for me.

Anyway, since Takao have her body back, I-401 look "normal" against, do you think they got enough nano material to re-construct Takao ship along with other Haruna Kirishima, Hyuga??

I'm really looking forward for ss2. Kongou had a piano so we may see some of her talent in music (hope so). Hope they came out soon-ish
Dec 23, 2013 1:47 PM

Apr 2010
I had been waiting for this anime for a while for me it was the most anticipated anime of the year and it didn't disappoint best anime of the season and one of the better anime this year.
The ending was nice and i loved the art in the endings.
Tho there where major changes from the manga which is much longer it didn't bother me at all actually i liked the story how it was done of course i also like the manga a lot and i recommend for those who didn't read it yet to read it.
It's also nice to finally see a proper adapted anime out their since this year had many flawed adaptions.

Hope we will see another anime from Apreggio but i guess we will have to wait and see.
Dec 23, 2013 1:48 PM

Feb 2012
The fight was really awesome. I really enjoyed the music for this episode and episode 10? (whichever one Takao sacrificed herself) really well done. I had some doubts this anime would sink but it was pretty good 7/10. I wouldn't mind a second a season.
Dec 23, 2013 1:54 PM

Sep 2012
The budget exploded in this episode oO.
Dec 23, 2013 1:56 PM

Jan 2013
Really liked it! I hope season 2 with the Crimson team comes.
Dec 23, 2013 2:01 PM

Sep 2011
jaxjaxk said:
how do you people find these subbed so quickly? i cant even find the raw let alone subbed.

I'm guessing they pay for it at sites like crunchyroll and funimation thats how I watched It. Also how did she get that huge Deathstar from Combining two ships?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 23, 2013 2:02 PM

Sep 2009
Vooo said:
Really liked it! I hope season 2 with the Crimson team comes.

Exactly my thoughts.
Dec 23, 2013 2:04 PM

Mar 2012
ColdXClue said:
jaxjaxk said:
how do you people find these subbed so quickly? i cant even find the raw let alone subbed.

I'm guessing they pay for it at sites like crunchyroll and funimation thats how I watched It. Also how did she get that huge Deathstar from Combining two ships?

she combine with 9 ships Maya and 8 Nagara light cruisers they said so in the dialogue
Dec 23, 2013 2:12 PM

Aug 2012
Amazing anime. Really enjoyed it. It ended well. Not sure if there will be a season 2 since the main goal was pretty much reached. Changing the world by the delivering the bomb. Not to much into mecha animes. But I really enjoyed this one.
Dec 23, 2013 2:14 PM
Jul 2013
*clap.... Clap clap clap clap clap clap*

And motherfuckers be bitching when they get a happy ending, they can go rotate themselves.

Great series, top 2 of mine for this season!
Dec 23, 2013 2:18 PM

Nov 2012
Good final episode, great action as always. Kongou becomes their friend, just isn't ready to travel with them quite yet. New torpedo is delivered safely.

Would watch a second season for sure, this was kinda a sleeper hit of the season.
Dec 23, 2013 2:23 PM

Apr 2008
In the end, it has to be finished man-to-man does it.
And really surprising that the klein field can withstand that much attack

About Iona jumping on the missiles, someone explained it in one word: Nishizumi
XD
nseikaDec 23, 2013 2:26 PM
Dec 23, 2013 2:25 PM

May 2012
Great final episode. A lot of action. Kongou vs Iona was fantastic. Iona got them moves, running on missiles and shit. Happy Takao got her body back. Really great season hope for a season two.

9/10
Dec 23, 2013 2:33 PM
Oct 2012
hrdb338 said:
first of, the Kongou part finish all the American Fog Fleet is quite bad (I want to know more about those girls). It seem like a repeat of the begin of ep. 11

Pretty sure that was deliberate, and it served a useful purpose of showing how freaking powerful Kongou had become: Iona torched destroyers, Kongou swept battleships.

Also, they had to show how out of control Kongou had became. The theme of this show was evident from the beginning when Iona apologized to the Nagara when she sank it; though she left the Fog, Iona still wanted to save the Fog ships. When 400 and 402 went suicidal last episode, her guilt increased. When she saw Kongou lose it, this made her feel even more guilty and fueled her desire to "save" Kongou. When Iona saw the piano she realized why and how much Kongou was hurting, and that paved the way for how Iona rescued Kongou.

The America fleet was just back drop for this resolution; also having it destroyed removed any hindrance for the "happy ending". We didn't need to know how they reached San Diego. So overall it was an extremely efficient use of time.

This shows why accepting a show is only going to be x episodes and writing a script to suit that time is so great. The writer(s) and director were able to focus on the ending, all the hints in the show pointed to this final confrontation, and all the threads of the plot were neatly tied to a satisfying ending.
Dec 23, 2013 2:36 PM
Nov 2012
jaxjaxk said:

crunchyroll has it subbed for most of the day now of
you premium otherwise you have to wait a few days for it

back on topic the series is awesome has anybody read the story? if
so is this the end of it or not because I really want a second season :D

10/10 from me this series :)
Dec 23, 2013 2:40 PM
Jan 2008
Best anime this fall season, hope for second season!
Dec 23, 2013 2:43 PM

Jul 2009
yeah.. this show was legit. this final episode is probably the best ive seen so far. animation was amazing, feels were there, and kongou so tsun tsun - kawaii.

8/10 for a solid plot, good tactics/fights and decent characters.
Dec 23, 2013 3:00 PM

Dec 2011
Kongou got talked by the end. I guess having her breakdown from absorbing Maya is a way to make things fair for the I-401 crew.

Iona jumping missile to missile looks so unrealistically cool. Haha. Gonna read the manga soon enough.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 23, 2013 3:01 PM

Apr 2012
Pretty good in the end. I liked the characters but not much in the way of a main plot though. I would watch a 2nd season though. Overall 6/10
Dec 23, 2013 3:01 PM

Jan 2013
Pure epicness! awesome final episode
Dec 23, 2013 3:11 PM

May 2013
That was good. Really enjoyed this anime. Loved how Takao got her body back and suddenly jumped on Gunzou lol.
Dec 23, 2013 3:17 PM
Mar 2011
love this! hopefully there is another season.
by the way, arent the cargo they delivered to US supposed to give the humans a fighting chance in destroying the fog? do they know kongou (or the other girls) have detracted at least away from the fog? meaning the humans with a better weapon (the cargo) might fight them again? i mean the humans havent really accepted the fog, would they be indiscriminate to the detractors? the whole series have gunzou's fleet labeled as rebels and traitors arent they?
ah, so much answers needed that could be done in another season.
"....i am the villain in this story"
Dec 23, 2013 3:19 PM
Mar 2011
babymilo91 said:
That was good. Really enjoyed this anime. Loved how Takao got her body back and suddenly jumped on Gunzou lol.

kirishima (as the bear) trying to get down from the table by feeling out the chair with her legs was funny too lol
Dec 23, 2013 3:19 PM
Mar 2011
babymilo91 said:

kirishima (as the bear) trying to get down from the table by feeling out the chair with her legs was funny too lol
Dec 23, 2013 4:00 PM

Mar 2010
While there were plenty of good action scenes to choose from, my favorite part was when Kirishima was furiously punching the buttons. "Damn it all…DEDEDEDEDEDEDEDEDEDEDEDDAHH!" and lol at the first thing Takao does when she gets a physical body again is jump on Gunzou.

I don't think this ever really became much more than cute girls doing battleship things for me, but the battles were fun to watch and also had enough movement to make me forget about how jarring the CG could be at times. Definitely had a more climactic ending than DS2 and Danganronpa. 6/10
Dec 23, 2013 4:34 PM

Dec 2012
CGI took some getting used to as this is my first anime that was fully CGI. Action scenes were phenomenal as every naval battle left me in awe and excitement. OP was great, anything by nano is of course going to be great. All in all 7.5/10 hope for a second season
Dec 23, 2013 4:40 PM

Apr 2013
This is my surprise anime this season, I enjoyed it despite stepping out of my comfort zone a bit. It was a bit slow at first, but it picked up, and I'm glad it did. The characters are all surprisingly their own individual, you don't really see that a lot. That was a great climatic battle, I haven't seen a battle like that in a while (not surprised, it's the same studio who did Black★Rock Shooter). The budget for this anime has to be a bit more than the average anime since this was a CGI show, though they sure blended it as a 2D-looking show pretty well.

If there's a second season, I'll be happy to watch it since it has an open ending, albeit happy (though Kirishima didn't get her body back, oh well).

8/10
Dec 23, 2013 5:20 PM

Jan 2010
Lmao, I can't believe it.
It's over now? D=
They did it well.
Problem is that they can't make season 2, because of deviations from the manga. (They can, but it won't be the same story anymore? )
Dec 23, 2013 5:23 PM

Dec 2012
I am too early with the manga to say anything valid about the adaptation, and I doubt I'll give it more than 5.5 for the whole series, but I'll say two things:

1) Anime-wise, the story took off in one direction and kept it stable - the mental models were able to 'overwrite' the Admiral Code and break its mold - every one of them in her own way. The ending made sense and I am relieved it wasn't anything rushed and random.

2) Many things however are left unanswered - except how the Fog Fleet's MMs can change and that humanity has a cool weapon against them, not much was explained. And if the MMs can achieve some meta on their existence, the future might not be grim for either party. Well, perhaps in a next season.
Dec 23, 2013 5:39 PM

Jan 2013
Wow... just... wow. That was a total special effects overload. Haven't seen so many since watching the index movie ^^

Not sure what I should say except that THAT scene of Kongou cowering in the middle of the broken tea garden, hugging her knees and crying hit me really hard.

Awesome series. I thought differently at the beginning, but in the end, I really liked where the anime was headed ^^
Dec 23, 2013 5:41 PM

Jun 2012
wow, really good final episode.

I actually got really used to the CGI, I thought I really wouldn't like it. While I still would rather not have it, it was nice to see it.

Dec 23, 2013 5:45 PM

Nov 2011
Just a terrific show and this last episode was fantastic. My favorite part of this story was Kongou's struggle to understand humanness, and they really nailed the emotional peak of the entire season. That image of Kongou crumpled on the floor and crying alone in her isolated environment was so powerful.

Just an all around great experience that wasn't held back by being fully CG at all.
Dec 23, 2013 6:18 PM

Jan 2013
Not a bad watch overall. Good mix of action, comedy, and drama. Nice visuals and OST too.

My complaints are two things: 1) They never explained the origin of the Fleet of Fog. Where did they all come from? 2) The 401 crew also gets no background or development.

Guess I'll get around to the manga sometime and find out.

7/10 IMO.
ExaccusDec 25, 2013 9:52 AM
Salmon is delicious.
Dec 23, 2013 6:27 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Great way to end this series. Loved the action sequences, animation, and the plot throughout was pretty decent as well. The characters were a bit hit or miss, really loved Haruna, didn't care for Hyuuga at all, and the others fell somewhere in between. All in all it was very enjoyable. 7.5/10
Dec 23, 2013 6:34 PM

Nov 2011
Exaccus said:
Pretty solid watch overall. Good mix of action, comedy, and drama.

My only complaint is that they never explained the origin of the Fleet of Fog. Where did they all come from? Guess I'll get around to the manga sometime and find out.

8/10 IMO.

It's kind of implied that they are from another dimension or higher plane of existence since they didn't really have concepts like time before taking on the mental model forms. Also the manga is ongoing so I'm not sure there even is a definitive answer to that question yet.
Dec 23, 2013 7:15 PM
Jun 2013
oh yeah my wish come true, kongou alive! n all american fog wipe.

well this very amazing episode for me, 10/10 for this episode. at least my wish come true n kongou finaly join iona. i hope got s2. maybe later blueflet vs human n fog? or anything? coz that ending still can continiue.
Dec 23, 2013 7:30 PM

Aug 2012
Wonderful! Enjoyed it from characters to animation to soundtracks.
Dec 23, 2013 7:36 PM

Jul 2013
And that's how you do a proper final episode.
Resolve the main issue with a spetacular fight.
Great show, totally going to miss. Second season doesn't seem too far fetched.
Dec 23, 2013 7:37 PM

Aug 2013
Wow what a finale.That fight between Iona and Kongou was really well done. Iona made jumping from missile to missile look easy, it was so cool! Also adding that internal struggle in the comm link world was a nice touch. I almost shed a tear when I saw Kongou hugging her knees and crying. If I was her, I'd cry too. It's like everything you believed in is wrong and your only friend turned out to be fake. So glad Iona brought her back to her senses. You're not alone anymore Kongou T_____T

Takao finally being honest with her feelings haha! And I love how they squeezed in another comedy act from Kirikuma trying to get off the table.

I'll miss this series. Started slow but ended with a bang. The mix of comedy, action and drama were wonderfully done: if there's action, it's not just mindless action. If there's drama, you'll most likely choke up. And if there's comedy, it's a well-timed hilarious joke (thank you Kirikuma!).

This series is a prime example of how an anime, which deviated from its source, could stand on its own and do so fantastically. And for that I'm upping its score.

9/10.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Dec 23, 2013 7:45 PM

Jul 2013
No matter what people say about the art, animation or CGI.. I was entertained and thats whats important. A really good final episode. Would've been better if Kongou joined though.

-So many neon lights!-

7/10
PrimeXDec 23, 2013 8:25 PM
Dec 23, 2013 7:55 PM

Apr 2013
I really didn't like this show for a while, but it just kept getting better week after week. Really glad I didn't drop it.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2013

127 by Ilfracombe »»
Apr 23, 2023 4:23 PM

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2013

109 by Ilfracombe »»
Apr 15, 2023 5:06 PM

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2013

153 by TechOtaku »»
Nov 23, 2022 1:06 PM

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Elite60 - Oct 7, 2013

242 by Ashhk »»
Aug 27, 2020 6:34 PM

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2013

124 by djharvey »»
Jun 13, 2020 5:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.