Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 20, 2013 4:05 AM

Nov 2013
Are people still insisting that shoko betrayed everyone and that she became a bitch? In my opinion, it was just a terrible understanding and coupled with the latest episode what she did as well as her front was justified
Anime gave me more life lessons than school
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 20, 2013 4:36 AM

Sep 2008
I love Shouko!
She is great prime minister!
She take good decisions,
even if she suffers by it.
I like how Haruto even understand her behavior :)
Anyway... I love their relationship! *.*
Everything what I like: childhood friends, two races, all against their relationship,
everyone tell them, that they can't be together, but still they work so hard! *.*
Ooops... little offtopic!

Anyway... Shouko is great character :)
Dec 20, 2013 4:42 AM

Nov 2013
LittleStar said:
I love Shouko!
She take good decisions,
Everything what I like: childhood friends, two races, all against their relationship,
everyone tell them, that they can't be together, but still they work so hard! *.*
Ooops... l
LittleStar said:
I love Shouko!
She take good decisions,
Ooops... little offtopic!

Aside from what you just said, i think people are not thinking what it is to be in her situation. And again, she understood what haruto's situation is but she still had to handle the mentalities of the remaining students since they are not in light of what happened. Furthermore, it would not be so easy to suddenly do a 180 and say " you know what, even though they are aliens, they are fine"
Dec 20, 2013 4:58 AM
Feb 2008
I have to admit at first I found her incredibly annoying but not I can't help but like her. She tries her best to protect her people even if it means suffering for her. She's really strong.
Dec 20, 2013 5:01 AM

Jun 2009
shoko is a bitch who sold out the the person who should be most precious to her and that is unforgiven even in that kind of situation

soo I hope she doesn't make it too the end !!
Dec 20, 2013 5:03 AM

Sep 2008
I think lot of frightened,
they are afraid of what you they don't know.

Even Haruto was afraid of this what he had become,
he attacked his friends...
So now people think everyone can accept everything.
For lot of students Haruto isn't somebody who they spend chilldhood or they are very close with him.
Shouko can said that she trust him, but she can be sure,
what if Haruto will fail and once again people will die?
Where even Haruto doesn't know everything about Kamitsuki.
Dec 20, 2013 5:08 AM

Nov 2013
Kannei said:
shoko is a bitch who sold out the the person who should be most precious to her and that is unforgiven even in that kind of situation

I beg to differ. Think about it, us viewers knew the whole back story behind valvrave and such. But shoko was totally unaware of these developments, her decision in episode 09 was justifiable as she though haruto was no more due to him forgetting an important memory of what formed their relationship in their first place. As of episode 10 and 11 however, she now knows the truth and trusts Haruto while having to maintain the order of students since it would be so easy to reveal the truth of Haruto to them. If she had been a bigger bitch, she would have not allowed Haruto into the shuttle, let alone thank him
Dec 20, 2013 5:30 AM

Jun 2009
zerriet said:
Kannei said:

I beg to differ. Think about it, us viewers knew the whole back story behind valvrave and such. But shoko was totally unaware of these developments, her decision in episode 09 was justifiable as she though haruto was no more due to him forgetting an important memory of what formed their relationship in their first place. As of episode 10 and 11 however, she now knows the truth and trusts Haruto while having to maintain the order of students since it would be so easy to reveal the truth of Haruto to them. If she had been a bigger bitch, she would have not allowed Haruto into the shuttle, let alone thank him

oh yeah right shoko is such a poor girl who did this just for the savety of the others as PRIME MINISTER right.
like thunder said ---- what the heck do think we are fighting for !!

The pilots gave up everything too change things even soo they didn't / don't know what will happen to them (( just for being threated as a monster
Dec 20, 2013 5:38 AM

Nov 2013
Kannei said:
zerriet said:
Kannei said:

oh yeah right shoko is such a poor girl who did this just for the savety of the others as PRIME MINISTER right.
like thunder said ---- what the heck do think we are fighting for !!

The pilots gave up everything too change things even soo they didn't / don't know what will happen to them (( just for being threated as a monster

Yes the pilots did give up everything, yes what shoko did was really stupid of her. But understand this, given that you have limited information about what is going, it is human instinct to assume everything for the worst. People tend to put too much blame on her because they think she is perfect and not allowed to make wrong decisions
Dec 20, 2013 5:40 AM

Sep 2008
Yeah, but they haven't say they aren't humans now,
they keep secret from rest about their powers.
so this isn't simple for human to understand them.

I wonder if this was RL, how many people could quickly accept that there are people who aren't humans and they can't die.

Why nobody cares about teacher?
Why there is no hate for her?
She is adult, she is teacher...
Because she isn't one of MC? =.=
Dec 20, 2013 5:46 AM

Jun 2009
well then how should have haruto said it then --Hey shoko I turned into a freaking vampire because I wanted to save the student !!

besides she really didn't letted him enough time to explain the situation either
right he just judged him by the little things she saw and putted together
Dec 20, 2013 5:50 AM

Sep 2008
This could be better than nothing.
Then was too late for that...

but... let's don't forget that this anime,
and authors wanted Shouko find out about this in next episode from somebody else.
Dec 20, 2013 5:52 AM

Nov 2013
Kannei said:
well then how should have haruto said it then --Hey shoko I turned into a freaking vampire because I wanted to save the student !!

besides she really didn't letted him enough time to explain the situation either

As i said what she did was wrong and naive, but she does not deserve the amount of hate she gets. Especially after her reflection in episode 10. At least she realised her mistake instead of pushing it aside
Dec 20, 2013 5:53 AM

Aug 2011
i hate shoko..
Dec 20, 2013 5:55 AM

Jun 2009
zerriet said:
Kannei said:

As i said what she did was wrong and naive, but she does not deserve the amount of hate she gets. Especially after her reflection in episode 10. At least she realised her mistake instead of pushing it aside

Oh yes she deserves the Hate totally !!
Dec 20, 2013 5:56 AM

Sep 2008
I think haters gonna hate.
No matter how good is she.
People who hate her, will hate her till the end.

I just have hope she will no longer suffer,
and Haruto/Shouko forever! *.*
Dec 20, 2013 5:59 AM

Dec 2009
I would have liked her if she would have died in the shuttle and got what she deserved. Her reflecting and realizing her mistake makes her less annoying, but I still dislike her for what she did regardless.
Dec 20, 2013 7:07 AM

Nov 2013
Kumagawa said:
I would have liked her if she would have died in the shuttle and got what she deserved. Her reflecting and realizing her mistake makes her less annoying, but I still dislike her for what she did regardless.

I see what you mean. I just want to show that shoko did indeed make a serious mistake. But the amount of hate she gets for that is just over the top
Dec 20, 2013 7:21 AM

Jan 2013
Short answer: Yes.

What she did in episode 10 was incredibly stupid, but that she keeps trying to protect the students also annoys me. She is the prime minister and all, but she should try to get the students to understand what's going on and tell them they're dumbasses instead of treating them like some holy council or something. Humen in general have the "nothing can hurt me so I don't have to be afraid" attitude, so when they realize that someone easily can, and might will, they would be scared, but then what about the enemy they've been fighting for so long? The students don't care about the pilots at all and they don't understand, at all, what the pilots are going through. That Shouko sticks up to them and does nothing to help the pilots annoys me.
Dec 20, 2013 7:29 AM

Jun 2009
CyanElekid said:

What she did in episode 10 was incredibly stupid, but that she keeps trying to protect the students also annoys me. She is the prime minister and all, but she should try to get the students to understand what's going on and tell them they're dumbasses instead of treating them like some holy council or something. Humen in general have the "nothing can hurt me so I don't have to be afraid" attitude, so when they realize that someone easily can, and might will, they would be scared, but then what about the enemy they've been fighting for so long? The students don't care about the pilots at all and they don't understand, at all, what the pilots are going through. That Shouko sticks up to them and does nothing to help the pilots annoys me.

totally right :) second all of that
Dec 20, 2013 7:32 AM

Nov 2012
Im sure she think she is doing the right thing, but once she learned the truth, she should have tried explaining it to those 10 or so whining students who were scared. If she were a good prime minister she would have done something to maybe raise the morale of the actual people fighting and dying for them, because without them, they would all be dead.

So all in all, I think most people are hating on Shoko(at least me personally) because she doesn't even try to defend Haruto and the others once the truth is known.
niaxatoDec 20, 2013 12:44 PM
Dec 20, 2013 7:36 AM

Jun 2009
right besides she cant switch sides every time she doesn't feel save or saver elsewhere she is just running away rather that facing the real stuff whats going on

my heros are the valvraves--l-elfs trio and the students eho subbort the pilots like akiras brother
Dec 20, 2013 7:43 AM
Oct 2013
Haters gonna hate. There's no point in discussing this. No matter how logically befitting you are, they won't understand. It's like trying to calmly explain the circumstances on an ill-tempered or angry person.
Dec 20, 2013 7:46 AM

Jun 2009
what now were the bad ones -- that figures ;) but but true enough you cant change what people think or do
Dec 20, 2013 7:50 AM
Aug 2012
OH man a thread for defending Shoko who is getting the hate she rightfully deserved.............why so? Because she is cute genki girl who wants to play Prime Minister and does a shit job at it? I don't see these kind of stuff when the male character i.e. Haruto gets unwanted and unnecessary hate. She is more or less useless and the things she did got them into more troubles instead. Funny thing is she wanted to run a country, have fun, sing jingle bells, talk about cooking and be free of the adult's influence but ARUS and Dorssia or should i say Magius completely dominated her and showed her that it wasn't a child's play.

CyanElekid said:

True.......she had chances to redeem herself but she still thinks she is right even after one of them sacrificed himself to protect her worthless life. The only plus point i would give her is that she didn't blame Haruto for her father's death. But the way she back-stabbed Haruto and team is unforgivable. Now the only way she and those shit students can redeem themselves is by dying, not becoming dead weight instead. If those pilot didn't protect them, they would have been guinea pigs or rune sources by now.

Dec 20, 2013 7:51 AM

Nov 2013
CyanElekid said:

I see what you mean and agree with you. However, I personally feel that if she did what you just said, it might be a little too easy. Convincing them may backfire upon her and haruto, causing worse implications. Thus I think what she did was the most balanced since she needs to put the students at ease but at the same time prove to haruto she made the wrong decision. Which is also why I say the hate she deserves for a mistake is too much since she genuinely had the right intentintentions
Dec 20, 2013 10:13 AM
Oct 2013
Kannei said:
what now were the bad ones -- that figures ;) but but true enough you cant change what people think or do

I never said anything like that. It's your interpretation and I no longer hold liability beyond that line.

To be honest, I've felt the same way you do against Shoko though I'd rather ultimately put the blame on the Dorssians and ARUS instead to her.
Dec 20, 2013 10:34 AM

Jun 2009
well but they where asses from the beginning and the villians of the story where the totally fit in perfectly
actually have nothing about bad guys really not

but this slimy and im soo poor and have to look strong act is pissing me off
Dec 20, 2013 12:34 PM

Nov 2011
zerriet said:
Kannei said:

I don't really see how her attitude towards Haruto was justified. People died fighting within the Valvraves. Why were they fighting? And suddenly she can't trust Haruto? She's all "omg you hid the truth from me oh noes i'll have to sell you to the enemy because I don't trust you anymore but I trust the enemies they will spare us!" This really isn't what a great leader would do, this is what a hurt girl would do, who can't be less naive than what her usual age would normally show.. Once you are at war with a nation, you keep in mind they are trying to kill you.
Dec 20, 2013 4:01 PM

Jul 2007
Can't wait till she snaps and becomes evil.

AT least yandere Shouko should be at least SOMEWHAT Interesting to watch than ditzy airhead mary sue cheerleader Shouko
Dec 20, 2013 5:11 PM

Nov 2013
Morridine said:
zerriet said:
Kannei said:

I don't really see how her attitude towards Haruto was justified. People died fighting within the Valvraves. Why were they fighting? And suddenly she can't trust Haruto? She's all "omg you hid the truth from me oh noes i'll have to sell you to the enemy because I don't trust you anymore but I trust the enemies they will spare us!" This really isn't what a great leader would do, this is what a hurt girl would do, who can't be less naive than what her usual age would normally show.. Once you are at war with a nation, you keep in mind they are trying to kill you.

Having a mental breakdown after a massive influx of bad events might cause her to ignore all logic before learning the truth
Dec 20, 2013 5:28 PM

Jul 2007
zerriet said:
Morridine said:
zerriet said:
Kannei said:

Having a mental breakdown after a massive influx of bad events might cause her to ignore all logic before learning the truth

Which is completely unaceptable for someone who plays a leader o a WHOLE FUCKING COUNTRY.
Dec 20, 2013 6:11 PM

Nov 2013
Fai said:
zerriet said:
Morridine said:
zerriet said:
Kannei said:

Which is completely unaceptable for someone who plays a leader o a WHOLE FUCKING COUNTRY.

True, but it was a mistake on her part. Not like she is a total heartless bitch
Dec 20, 2013 7:02 PM

Jul 2007
zerriet said:
Fai said:
zerriet said:
Morridine said:
zerriet said:
Kannei said:

True, but it was a mistake on her part. Not like she is a total heartless bitch

no. she is just a spineless ditz who becomes a heartless bitch due to peer pressure.
Basically a typical schoolgirl.
But that does NOT make her less accountable for her actions.
Dec 20, 2013 7:07 PM
Oct 2013
Fai said:
zerriet said:
Morridine said:
zerriet said:
Kannei said:

Unacceptable but justifiable. And who the hell for do you think she's acting like that for? It's for the WHOLE FUCKING COUNTRY dude, that is the STUDENTS. She sided with the WHOLE FUCKING COUNTRY instead of the "MONSTERS INCORPORATED" because WHOLE FUCKING COUNTRY is too scared of "MONSTERS INCORPORATED".
Dec 20, 2013 7:12 PM

Jul 2007
mbdsquad said:
Fai said:
zerriet said:
Morridine said:
zerriet said:
Kannei said:

Unacceptable but justifiable. And who the hell for do you think she's acting like that for? It's for the WHOLE FUCKING COUNTRY dude, that is the STUDENTS. She sided with the WHOLE FUCKING COUNTRY instead of the "MONSTERS INCORPORATED" because WHOLE FUCKING COUNTRY is too scared of "MONSTERS INCORPORATED".

Understandable is the word you are looking for.

NOthing about her actions is justifiable.
Dec 20, 2013 7:21 PM
Oct 2013
Fai said:
mbdsquad said:
Fai said:
zerriet said:
Morridine said:
zerriet said:
Kannei said:

Oh so you didn't refuted the WHOLE FUCKING COUNTRY gig. *cackles*

Unacceptable and unjustifiable yet understandable? I don't know what to say anymore.
Dec 20, 2013 7:49 PM

Oct 2011
mbdsquad said:
Unacceptable but justifiable. And who the hell do you think she's acting like that for? It's for the WHOLE FUCKING COUNTRY dude, that is the STUDENTS. She sided with the WHOLE FUCKING COUNTRY instead of the "MONSTERS INCORPORATED" because WHOLE FUCKING COUNTRY is too scared of "MONSTERS INCORPORATED".
LOOOOL I second this. Not only because it's hilarious, but because it's true.

Also, people seem to forget how old they are. Obviously mistakes are going to be made, regardless of who's president. I still think Shoko makes a good leader. Even though YES she should have trusted them, given that Haruto and the others lied to her face this whole time and all of a sudden she finds out they're immortal aliens, heck I would have a damn hard time trusting them too. And us as viewers, we know everything that's going on so we're gonna accuse people of being stupid without being in their shoes.
Dec 20, 2013 8:52 PM
Jun 2013
mbdsquad said:
Fai said:
mbdsquad said:
Fai said:
zerriet said:
Morridine said:
zerriet said:
Kannei said:

Unacceptable and unjustifiable yet understandable? I don't know what to say anymore.

Unacceptable, unjustifiable, understandable: Three different words, three different different definitions. Dictionary, do you know how to use one?

Shoko is an idiotic school girl who thought that everything was all candies and rainbows. Then the shit hits the fan and she panics and makes a dumb decision, understandable as she is an idiotic school girl. That being said, she had no business being a leader of anything, let alone a nation of people because this event clearly illustrated that she does not have the intelligence or critical thinking skills required to deduce that there's more to the story that what the people that just slaughtered a shit load of her people told her.

That brings me to the second point. Who to trust? The guy who just slaughtered a shit load of my people or the guy that I've know almost all of my life and has been risking his life fighting to protect me? Logical choice is of course that the killer who just announced the extermination of my people and is actively carrying it out is the trustworthy one.

Understandable from the perspective that she's just a stupid schoolgirl who had no business leading people? Yes.

Acceptable from the perspective that she's suppose to be the leader of a nation so should perhaps display a decent level of insight? Perhaps just enough to know that there's more to the situation that meets the eyes and that the guy that is wholeheartedly slaughtering her people probably isn't trustworthy. Not acceptable.

Justifiable that she just sent someone, that she's know almost all her life and has been fighting to protect her and her people, to his almost certain death? Because she's scared and her blithering idiot people who can only think of themselves urged her to do it? And because she doesn't have the sense to figure out that something is wrong and should probably try to get a better grasp of things before killing off and cutting off the people that has been their only source of protection so far? No, no, no.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not blaming her only for her decision. Harutard is a freaking tard and should equally share the hate. He has proven to be nothing but one of the most useless, spineless, idiotic and undependable person in the entire series, if he did not have his 'Main Character' label. He swings it about as he inserts himself into situations that would of killed him or at least fail miserably do anything if he didn't have that magical label.
Dec 20, 2013 9:06 PM
Oct 2013
magicstalk said:
mbdsquad said:
Fai said:
mbdsquad said:
Fai said:
zerriet said:
Morridine said:
zerriet said:
Kannei said:

Unacceptable, unjustifiable, understandable: Three different words, three different different definitions. Dictionary, do you know how to use one?

Shoko is an idiotic school girl who thought that everything was all candies and rainbows. Then the shit hits the fan and she panics and makes a dumb decision, understandable as she is an idiotic school girl. That being said, she had no business being a leader of anything, let alone a nation of people because this event clearly illustrated that she does not have the intelligence or critical thinking skills required to deduce that there's more to the story that what the people that just slaughtered a shit load of her people told her.

That brings me to the second point. Who to trust? The guy who just slaughtered a shit load of my people or the guy that I've know almost all of my life and has been risking his life fighting to protect me? Logical choice is of course that the killer who just announced the extermination of my people and is actively carrying it out is the trustworthy one.

Understandable from the perspective that she's just a stupid schoolgirl who had no business leading people? Yes.

Acceptable from the perspective that she's suppose to be the leader of a nation so should perhaps display a decent level of insight? Perhaps just enough to know that there's more to the situation that meets the eyes and that the guy that is wholeheartedly slaughtering her people probably isn't trustworthy. Not acceptable.

Justifiable that she just sent someone, that she's know almost all her life and has been fighting to protect her and her people, to his almost certain death? Because she's scared and her blithering idiot people who can only think of themselves urged her to do it? And because she doesn't have the sense to figure out that something is wrong and should probably try to get a better grasp of things before killing off and cutting off the people that has been their only source of protection so far? No, no, no.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not blaming her only for her decision. Harutard is a freaking tard and should equally share the hate. He has proven to be nothing but one of the most useless, spineless, idiotic and undependable person in the entire series, if he did not have his 'Main Character' label. He swings it about as he inserts himself into situations that would of killed him or at least fail miserably do anything if he didn't have that magical label.

Of course I do. Who do you think you're talking to? A retard? Do you think the purpose of that phrase are for readers to convert it to literal sense? Which you did. Do you not get what foreshadowing and sarcasm are? How about the word "expression"? How about "It's because the one I'm arguing with don't even know what he's talking so I'd like him to explain it"? You completely missed the point and explained the words literally one by one in accordance to the topic.

Plus you don't have to explain how each and everything else are distinguished and insult me for not being able to read a goddamn dictionary, which I can. And do you think I'm the one who proposed all those words?

Judging from the rest of your post, it seems more or less you're neutral just like me and so provoking me will not do you anything good either or make your arguments more valid.

All in all, this thread is full of Pro-Shoko and Anti-Shoko that they forgot whom hatred should be pointed. The fact that you lots have time to blame Harutard, Shokotard, WHOLE FUCKING COUNTRYTARD while the MASTERMINDTARD, who orchestrated the whole scenario and the demise you're in, while you blaming all FUCKING TARDS and EACH AND EVERY MUS-TARDS you can, is at large and having merry christmas behind your arses is pathetic, dull and disappointing.

I feel sorry for everyone in real life who is actually applying this mentality, discerning by the way you all replied. If by chance I spread a rumor that Mr. Tard have won 1 billion dollars worth of lotto money on a small village and by chance you are the villagers, I won't be surprised you started to kill, steal and blame everyone else for what happened while I'm getting $1B steathily behind your backs. Ah, human nature at its core.
ExplodingGirlDec 20, 2013 9:33 PM
Dec 21, 2013 10:25 AM
Nov 2013
zerriet said:
Are people still insisting that shoko betrayed everyone and that she became a bitch? In my opinion, it was just a terrible understanding and coupled with the latest episode what she did as well as her front was justified

I get why she did what she did 2 eps ago. Though, I (and I think a lot of other people, just didn't like her in the beginning. Something Shoko fans don't like to consider.) never cared for her. But I did not like the fact that despite seeing the death of one of her long time friends for their sakes, refused to give them access to the hanger. I totally like Yamado when he had a bitch fit about it. Now he dies, also for their benefit, and I am even more pissed. To talk rationally, she has had enough time to evaluate everything now. Even the students admitted that the Valvraves were the only ones to protect them. Shoko knows this too. In history, it is truly the leaders who make drastic decisions for the greater good that often win and leave their mark on the world. At this point, the ones leaving the mark are going to be L.Elf and Haruto. Why? For better or worse, they made drastic decisions. Haruto's reasons may have been foolhardly, but let's face it, ALL of them would be dead already. Shoko's decision was to abandoned the Valvraves was desperate and she had nowhere to turn and no cards. So, I get that she had to make the best decision for the most people. But as anyone who has every been in a situation with no cards knows, you can't control or know for certain what the other party with all cards will really do. You just hope. And...hope failed. Let's (without going into a history discussion) use US and Japan in WWII. At the beginning of the war everyone wanted to go after Japan because of Pearl Harbor. There were strong feelings across the nation. Pamplets everywhere. Roosevelt looked at everything and decided on a different strategy. The only way to truly crush the Axis was to start at the European stronghold and loosen Hitler's grip. Not to mention, after so many years in isolation, American was wholly unprepared for battle. Japan, on the other hand, was a completely different story. When they did meet, in the beginning, the US got pounded. Again, not going into politicals, we have the War on Terrorism. Where feelings got ahead of the foot, and the leader runs ahead with it at full speed. People were practically shunned and/or blacklisted in the entertainment industry, if they spoke against the war or Bush. Nuff said, if you look at today's environment. Such is the public that they do not always know what is in their best interest. Different circumstances, but similar senarios occur everywhere and constantly in history. Drastic decisions ruled by emotions never help. Drastic decisions ruled by popular opinion is generally not the answer either. Shoko has failed on all fronts, if you ask me. Stack that on top of all my hating, if you like. That was long, but I think my point across. Also, I vote Haruto does forget her. In a preview, L.Elf is shown opening his collar in vampire lover fashion, so maybe...
Dec 21, 2013 10:39 AM
Nov 2013
Erzaa said:
mbdsquad said:
Unacceptable but justifiable. And who the hell do you think she's acting like that for? It's for the WHOLE FUCKING COUNTRY dude, that is the STUDENTS. She sided with the WHOLE FUCKING COUNTRY instead of the "MONSTERS INCORPORATED" because WHOLE FUCKING COUNTRY is too scared of "MONSTERS INCORPORATED".

Also, people seem to forget how old they are. Obviously mistakes are going to be made, regardless of who's president. I still think Shoko makes a good leader. Even though YES she should have trusted them, given that Haruto and the others lied to her face this whole time and all of a sudden she finds out they're immortal aliens, heck I would have a damn hard time trusting them too. And us as viewers, we know everything that's going on so we're gonna accuse people of being stupid without being in their shoes.[/quote

I have to say this: I have taken into consideration their ages, but the problem is that they acted like adults- tried to run a country, appoint Prime Minister, etc but you have got to ready to take responcibility. Her actions, no matter the state of the country, is in her hands. Just as Haruto no longer has the right to call himself human, she nolonger has the right to use a age as an excuse. Playing adult with real adults isn't child's play. And whoever mentioned morale was wrong. They are feeding on each others fears. However, I do not agree with it in an argue for her. She is making it worse. She barely opens her mouth except to soothe the injured or dying.
Dec 21, 2013 4:26 PM
Oct 2013
Drawnfreak said:
Erzaa said:
mbdsquad said:

Also, people seem to forget how old they are. Obviously mistakes are going to be made, regardless of who's president. I still think Shoko makes a good leader. Even though YES she should have trusted them, given that Haruto and the others lied to her face this whole time and all of a sudden she finds out they're immortal aliens, heck I would have a damn hard time trusting them too. And us as viewers, we know everything that's going on so we're gonna accuse people of being stupid without being in their shoes.[/quote

I have to say this: I have taken into consideration their ages, but the problem is that they acted like adults- tried to run a country, appoint Prime Minister, etc but you have got to ready to take responcibility. Her actions, no matter the state of the country, is in her hands. Just as Haruto no longer has the right to call himself human, she nolonger has the right to use a age as an excuse. Playing adult with real adults isn't child's play. And whoever mentioned morale was wrong. They are feeding on each others fears. However, I do not agree with it in an argue for her. She is making it worse. She barely opens her mouth except to soothe the injured or dying.

Age has nothing to do with it. Their fate has already been sealed back on the 1st season. Do you want to die in a middle of war if you can do something to keep yourselves alive? Of course not. Playing adults? Laughable. Without all those political connections and acts, they would be a pile of dead meat right now. Age has nothing to do with it when you're life hangs on a balance.
Dec 22, 2013 9:08 AM
Nov 2013
mbdsquad said:
Drawnfreak said:
Erzaa said:
mbdsquad said:

Age has nothing to do with it. Their fate has already been sealed back on the 1st season. Do you want to die in a middle of war if you can do something to keep yourselves alive? Of course not. Playing adults? Laughable. Without all those political connections and acts, they would be a pile of dead meat right now. Age has nothing to do with it when you're life hangs on a balance.

Funny. Shoko fans are the ones who kerp bringing up age. Age factors into the immaturity of their decisions, but it is not my point. Though you'd have to be young yourself to dismiss it as a factor. And yes, creating a country, appointing prime ministers, are you dismissing the gravity of those decisions? Also, be serious, political decision with zero leverage or strength is one sided and often unfavorable. The valvraves are what kept the political arena open. The valvraves are why they are still alive. The valvraves are the only military strength they have. That is why L-Elf can strategically juggle them. That is also what countries do in reality. Also, weak countries are defended by stronger ones, generally including some benefits(it is ALWWAYS) this way. Whether to use their resources or keep a wedge between borders. And yes, it was preplanned. Arus was never for them. They always planned to put an end to them. Why didn't they? Why didn't the Dorrisans? What halted the invasion of their homeland. What halted the invasion of Module 77? What kept Shoko's ship being blown to bit? You know, the ship that those oh-so-strong political connections were being discussed? If they were so strong, why did they attack after? They were flawed from the beginning. That means they held no meaning. The fact that they had to fight against the superior unknown technology known as the valvraves kept them at bay. But once they got their hands on the valvraves and were able to use their ONLY strength against them, the game was over. Now they have to change the field. Something L-Elf, Haruto, and the other valvrave pilots did while those students were panicking on the ship. Plus, I think the main goal is Haruto Valvrave. That guy wants his sister back. That shuttle being send to the enemy was the nail in the coffin. Without all those military strategies, weapons, and acts, they would be a pile of dead meat right now. Thus, a nod to L-Elf: the brain, the Valvraves: the muscle, Shoko: the voice. Words do little when your trump card is gone. Voice can be drowned among the yelling and the firearms. They have no resources or real power aside from the mecha. On the other side, we have the immortal Magius hiding in the shades of strong political and influential figures
Dec 26, 2013 8:26 PM
Jul 2018
I hate her. She annoys me. She should have died in the shuttle. T__T
Dec 26, 2013 8:38 PM

Nov 2013
MsChii said:

In what way? Throughout the entire season, she only made 1 mistake and everybody now hates her?
Dec 26, 2013 9:08 PM

Nov 2012
I hate her for the same reason I hate Suzaku from "Code Geass." Even though they are good people and have good intentions, they are annoying as hell. Plus both survived while the actual heroes died.

Good or bad decisions made by them both, I don't really care about it. I just found them annoying. IMO She should have never had survived the first episode.

And finally, I am one of those that Drawnfreak mention above that didn't like her since the first season not because of what happened a couple episodes ago.
jose21Dec 26, 2013 9:28 PM
Dec 26, 2013 9:11 PM
Jan 2011
Shoko becomes a space vampire!
Dec 26, 2013 9:25 PM

Apr 2013
jose21 said:
I hate her for the same reason I hate Suzaku from "Code Geass." Even though they are good people and have good intentions, they are annoying as hell. Plus both survived while the actual heroes died.

Good or bad decisions made by them both, I don't really care about it. I just found them annoying. IMO She should have never had survived the first episode.
amen.. suzaku was an annoying brat.
Dec 26, 2013 10:43 PM

Jun 2009
zerriet said:
MsChii said:

In what way? Throughout the entire season, she only made 1 mistake and everybody now hates her?

1 mistake is when you forget your money when u go out shopping for what she did to call it a simple mistake is a lil over the hills don't you think

and that's wahat I hate the most soo many died for saving her ass and she didn't even feel guilty are tried too change herself

she should suffer a painful Dead but no she survives :(
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2013

474 by valoon »»
Nov 27, 2023 7:19 PM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

336 by AZakuII »»
Aug 10, 2023 9:31 PM

» The Child's parent is (spoilers)

Renaultclio101 - Jan 9, 2014

40 by silenceblade »»
Sep 15, 2022 7:47 AM

» Is Kakumeiki Valvrave gonna have a 3rd season?

stanklem28 - Dec 21, 2013

14 by AnOnYmOuS__101 »»
Nov 9, 2021 12:52 AM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2013

128 by VirginAmirul »»
Mar 29, 2021 8:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.