Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Dec 22, 2013 5:12 AM

Apr 2013
I dunno about everyone here but heres my heartfelt opinion of season 2.

First of all. Season 2 sucks. Yes I said it.

Compared to season 1 the show is practically 10 episodes of random harem gag and maybe 1 episode of fighting and 1 episode of story? (if its even following the LN anymore)

I am also sorely disappointed that they cut short the one scene I had waited desperately for. The Dinner date that Houki is suppose to have with Ichika.
Come on wth. They got the tickets to the restaurant but then thats it. Nothing.na da. WHAT ?!

I'd give this season a 6/10 only because there was an episode dedicated to the photoshoot and to my waifu Houki <3
Dec 22, 2013 5:37 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

A lot of good work that is being ruined by a poorly engineered final, but in the end what are those forces? Ah! Another TV series that results in yet another silly for the story, in the end not even know how to serve good fanservice! Postponed!
A further loss of time was this second season of IS. In this episode, even the animations were not very good! D:
The main character is always going to burst, and then we see it again alive and kicking to shoot the pose, the only frustrates me to see the nerves.

Then other things unclear, the user has already listed the Infinite with its WOT! XD
I have nothing more to add! X°°D

One more point just because there's stat a bit of action, but the final vote is what I have since the beginning, or 5/10! ^ ^ "
Dec 22, 2013 6:36 AM

May 2012
This season feels incomplete. We still don't much about Madoka. So, she is Ichika sister, but why Ichika and his older sister don't know anything about her ?
Dec 22, 2013 4:32 PM
Sep 2013
i had high expactions from this season. the first season was better than this one.
to much fanservice and it feeled so rushed. still a decent anime with some funny scenes :)
7/10 (6.7)
Dec 22, 2013 6:35 PM

Aug 2013
wow, is it finished? I didn't even feel what happened in this last episode. It's like they're saying : '' We're having an OVA and season 3 fuckers. Another season full of ichika's dumbness Wahahahaha!(villain laugh)"

I was expecting more out of it, now it's like Dog and Scissors, with a much higher ending points. But still not enough to make me smile while watching it.

so lame
much dumbness
more infinite
wow.
Dec 22, 2013 8:27 PM
May 2013
tada~ Houki's damn sister is behind all these crap, I...I dont even...this might be the worst ending out of all anime series I have ever seen
Rizin_Dec 22, 2013 8:31 PM
Dec 22, 2013 9:14 PM

Jun 2013
I do think like many on here the show felt rushed and sloppy and cheap. But I don't know why?

The first season and light novels sell a lot. High school dxd has a decent budget and it shows, and unlike IS season 2 rocked season 1 out of the water. So my question is why given the success and sales, including 20,000 plus of an extended version of episode one of season 2, does this series have such poor production values.

I mean its not a series done for love, or a series that just scrapped by the sequel mark for sales.
Dec 22, 2013 11:07 PM

Jan 2013
Disappointment all around.
5/10
Just no good. Not that season 1 was a masterpiece, but this was worse in every way.
Dec 22, 2013 11:39 PM

May 2013
It maybe was not as good as the previous season, but it was still fun to watch though. 7/10
Dec 22, 2013 11:40 PM

May 2012
What a long and boring episode. Never felt an episode last as long as this one.

lol 6.96
Dec 23, 2013 6:04 AM

Jul 2013
This anime makes no sense at all.
Dec 23, 2013 8:03 AM

Apr 2013
This season was disappointing as hell, considering how much i enjoyed season 1. The only time i was remotely interested was just over halfway through when Ichika was trying to get that young Sarashiki to be his partner in the competition. This final episode was probably the worst of the bunch. A lot made little to no sense to me, and they didn't wrap up anything, or leave any sort of cliffhanger. You'd almost expect ep 13 to be airing next week, how uneventful it was. Anyway, i can only hope that maybe the BD's will be extended like the first one was, and that they will flesh out the story more, though i'm not sure how much that would help.
Dec 23, 2013 12:05 PM

May 2011
Can someone explain to me what was happening in Ichika's subconscious? Or is there really nothing to do it other than Ichika just getting a power up from his IS? The girl at the end with Tabane looked like the girl Ichika reached his hand out to. Who is she exactly? I know she's basically the Byakushiki but I was wondering if she has any significance.

Anyways, I agree with most people that this season wasn't as enjoyable as the first. I still wouldn't mind a third season though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 23, 2013 1:34 PM

Sep 2013
that fight scene was awesome but overall this season was meh. they left out some scenes in the light novel.
If you don't want what's going on with the anime you are watching, feel free to drop it, no one is forcing you to watch it.
Dec 23, 2013 3:07 PM
Sep 2009
I felt they really over did it with the harem episodes (Too many of them). The phantom task plot is really interesting and I was hoping they would expand on it but it never happened. The end was very rushed and could have spanned over two episodes. Although season 1 was already weak, it still remains better than all of season 2.
Dec 23, 2013 4:28 PM

Feb 2008
This is the worst TV anime I've ever watched. It is only marginally better than Mars of Destruction, Psychic Wars, and Apocalypse Zero.
Dec 23, 2013 5:48 PM

Nov 2012
This anime has such awsome starting points (setting and maybe first couple of episodes from the first seson), but develops into something unimaginably stupid and simply... OMG IT IS JUST SO STUPID!!! (lost temper, and started flipping the tables)
For the love of God, somebody kill the makers of this hideous thing!
The only good points of this shity anime were mech designs and Tatenashi Sarashiki with her enchanting erotic giggle at the end of whichever the episode was it.
I can't express my disapointment with words, and if i could, those who would read them would killed them selves.
Art should be left alone by those unenlightened, raw and uncensored as it is, because enough refinement was already done by it's creator, in it's creation.
Dec 23, 2013 6:49 PM

May 2011
I think people are going a bit overboard with this. I thought season 2 just became a typical harem series. Nothing special, but definitely not the worst ...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 23, 2013 6:57 PM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
A second season should aim to address the problems of the first while still being able to adapt the original material properly. All I see here is more of the same face palm moments and a nice post on the first page addressed 50 problems just from this episode.

The good things about IS 2 or rather the things I didn't hate were probably the battle sequences which if I recall correctly did get a lift from season 1 just solely in terms of animation and... yeah that's about it. This final episode especially left a bad taste in my mouth. Don't even get me started about the Phantom Task aka the troll non-existent plot that they can't be bothered explaining. Giving Infinite Stratos another chance has been completely wasted.

Avoid.

5/10
Dec 23, 2013 9:01 PM

May 2010
I don't know why studios even pick up a light novel if they going to do a half-hearted job in the end. I mean, either do it fully or don't do it at all...

I wonder what if someone like Issei was the protagonist of this anime, then all the girls running after him sure would be happy (not that I like Issei, he is even boring than Ichika imo)

Anyways, 7/10, not as good as the first season but Tatenashi siblings were a nice addition
Dec 23, 2013 10:08 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Eeh. Nope. No more of this please.

Read the LN instead.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 23, 2013 10:18 PM
Aug 2010
Wow, completely disappointed with the ending to this series. I enjoyed IS and was looking forward to S2, an explanation of that odd dreamland Ichika went to, and the "personality" that seems to be in Byakushiki in that dreamland.

Instead there was more additions with zero explanation, just kind of "hey here, there you go, that's all you need to know"...
More girls- awesome. But dear God that boy's a moron like no other. And with having a great IS, he's completely bested by everyone. What is his purpose? He asks for more strength, glows like a lightbulb, spouts some BS about being a man and gets his arse kicked. Why? What's the point in his existence?
What was trying to kill him in dreamland? Why did Houki's tears make his body glow? What is going on???

They didn't even end it on a cliffhanger, more like there would be multiple episodes more, completely casual, you'd never think that was a season ending episode. Nothing left to anticipate or look forward to if another season is made. It's like they just summarised it terribly with a "meh, maybe we'll do a S3, but maybe we won't, we don't really care anymore".
Even Sekirei left you thinking S3 was definitely possible.

And the animation quality seemed to get worse in the last few episodes too, wtf.

For people that haven't read the LN, this is a complete rush job that leaves you as dissatisfied as... Well, all of us that watched it...

Gutted.
Dec 23, 2013 10:59 PM

Jun 2012
So that's it. Nothing more? Meh, that second season was really disapointing. It didn't really go anywhere. The entire thing felt more like filler than anything else. That last episode felt rushed too. I don't know about a third season. I would in fact be interested if they decided to advance the plot. It's a shame because I quite liked the first season, I like the action in this and I do love the cast of girl.

I don't know how there can be 0 casualties, I swear I saw military IS getting blown up without any pieces left. Must be my imagination.

Oh well, I'll get to read the LN since most, if not everyone, seem to say it is way better.
TynkerDec 23, 2013 11:02 PM
Dec 24, 2013 2:41 AM

Oct 2013
TragicRomance said:
I don't know why studios even pick up a light novel if they going to do a half-hearted job in the end. I mean, either do it fully or don't do it at all...

I wonder what if someone like Issei was the protagonist of this anime, then all the girls running after him sure would be happy (not that I like Issei, he is even boring than Ichika imo)

Anyways, 7/10, not as good as the first season but Tatenashi siblings were a nice addition

The entire second season was based off of the light novel. In fact, if the anime was based off of the ENTIRE light novel, it would only go up to as far as volume 6, where they first meet Madoka (around episode 6). The anime literally shed a chunk of the fanservice off (which is comparable to a 6-inch wide kevlar vest) just to get to the main plot, and they did this for the viewers.

I don't think either way is better. The LN may be more organized, but expect it to stall around the main plot more than the anime adaptation. Anyone who says the LN is better is just fooling themselves in angst.

Edit: Just saying man, I'd personally suggest reading the IS fan fictions over the LN if you're open to that sort of stuff. Ironically, a crap load of fan fiction actually surpasses the LN, although many people look down on fan fiction since it isn't original.
LividDavidDec 24, 2013 3:23 AM
Dec 24, 2013 3:17 AM

Jul 2012
Complete waste of time :/

It just got worse and worse.

This is what I get for not dropping it earlier...
Dec 24, 2013 3:37 AM

Jul 2008
Terrible ending, not having high expectations on season 3 if it does come out.
Dec 24, 2013 8:30 AM
Dec 2012
I try to find "0" score for this serie but too bad the lowest is 1. Not gonna lie this anime is so "BAD" while i give first season a 10 this deserve a one score , i hope this sh*t don't sell well so they could stay in a toilet and reflect on their mistakes! I salute you , for screwing up LN by using some nonsense filler, no i won't call it a fanservice because i skip it all the time ,i kinda like Tatenashi , char and Lora but the one i truly like is Madoka and Chifuyu so failed to service me, and let's talk about CG , it isn't that good compare blue steel, tbh I hate CG compared to hand draw style like kyouani and kill la kill , but blue steel manage to make me love it when this show screw me over, so lame lame lame !

ofcourse you don't have to agree with me , but I stand my ground , i don't have to be right by reason to support my claim is plenty , it's so long that i won't explain it , see for yourself and wake up , i have already take my blue pill,I saw!
pokpokzaDec 24, 2013 8:33 AM
Dec 24, 2013 10:53 AM

Oct 2013
pokpokza said:
I try to find "0" score for this serie but too bad the lowest is 1. Not gonna lie this anime is so "BAD" while i give first season a 10 this deserve a one score , i hope this sh*t don't sell well so they could stay in a toilet and reflect on their mistakes! I salute you , for screwing up LN by using some nonsense filler, no i won't call it a fanservice because i skip it all the time ,i kinda like Tatenashi , char and Lora but the one i truly like is Madoka and Chifuyu so failed to service me, and let's talk about CG , it isn't that good compare blue steel, tbh I hate CG compared to hand draw style like kyouani and kill la kill , but blue steel manage to make me love it when this show screw me over, so lame lame lame !

ofcourse you don't have to agree with me , but I stand my ground , i don't have to be right by reason to support my claim is plenty , it's so long that i won't explain it , see for yourself and wake up , i have already take my blue pill,I saw!

Not that I disagree, but have you actually even read the LN? That shit is packed TON of fillers and fanservice. If the anime was 80% fillers, the LN is 95%.
Dec 24, 2013 3:22 PM

Jan 2013
so..., cliffhanger?
I'm so glad that:
1. This season has more fighting than the last one (but also more fanservices)
2. Our Ichika is actually usefull, compare to Kazuya from Freezing -.-
Overall: 7/10
Dec 24, 2013 4:49 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
This was, by far, the worst Infinite Stratos to date. We got nothing but uninspired little harem quarrels for the entire time and the gaps were filled with little pseudo battles with suits we've seen before. The new suits of the enemies did look nice, but 90% of their screentime was cramped into the final episode. And that still wasn't enough, which is a shame because that's the only aspect of this season that seemed somewhat creative. The entire plot was cramped into the final episode as well. This isn't a 24-episodes anime with a mid-boss and a final battle. It's a series with 11 filler episodes and a rushed final ep. A 4-episodes-OVA would've been a much better choice. And yes, I still watched all of it, because otherwise I wouldn't have any right to complain. Technically, we never do, but then this forum would be quite boring.

All of our main characters remained pretty much unchanged, only Ichika managed to grow even more oblivious to everyone around him besides his sister and every girl became about 20% more silly. As in stupid. Which sucks, because I still kinda like Laura.

All in all, a real disappointment. 3/10.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 25, 2013 12:13 AM

Jun 2013
Im sorry to some of you, what are you smoking. If I rated a series less than five, I probably would not make it to the end. So for some of you who rate it as as low as a zero, why are you watching.

Started watching Sakura pet, didnt like it, so I stopped. Same thing with Log Horizon. Same thing with Walkyrue Romance. I mean if you think its that bad, why are you watching it. And then come on here with "this show wasted my time " comment. Yea this inanimate group of digital code and artwork came to life and pointed a gun to your head and said "punk you best watch this show or I am going to cap you". Honestly if you are doing that, this show is the least of your problems, you got way to much time to spend if you can afford to watch series you hate until the end.

And don't give me some crap about its your opinion, yadda yadda. I'm fine with you complaining through the first few episodes and dropping it. Or complaining about singular episodes that are that much worse than the rest. But you people seem to hate the show from the first episode, and there is little difference in quality over the 12 episodes of this show. That is when it goes from you presenting your opinion to you presenting your idiocy.

Let me give you some worldly advice. When you do something and you feel this sensation that makes you feel uncomfortable, well that is a magically thing called pain. It is there to tell you that what you are doing is not good for your body. I swear I can imagine some of you folks sticking there hand in fire and not pulling it out.
Dec 25, 2013 8:04 PM

May 2012
Quite a nice action packed final episode and well imo it sure was lovely! I do wonder as the ending did feel like the overall story is far from over if there will be another season and if so I'm sure to watch it, as the story up until now was pretty nice :D

Let's see what the future will bring with the ova and perhaps another season?
Dec 25, 2013 9:38 PM

May 2013
This has a lot of potential if only that shit ichika is not so dense and also if they cut the freakin nonesense that is not part of the story but what can I say its a harem so I cant do anything about it. And also that ending was rushed and has a cliffhanger WTF? Dont tell me theyre gonna make another season? If they do, they need to make sure that they progress with the story.
Tch.
Dec 26, 2013 12:56 AM

Apr 2012
That ending really surprised me. Ichika is so dense that I wouldn't have guessed he would actually be able to float. What a twist.
Dec 26, 2013 3:32 AM

Dec 2013
Complete garbage, and the worst series this season as far as I'm concerned. It got to a point where I only watched each week just to see Charlotte and Laura. Never have I been so disappointed in an anime. Sad to see so much squandered potential, and plot buried in fan service. 4/10 for the series overall. I expected something a little better than this, having watched the first season and enjoying it.
Kuro_YuukiDec 26, 2013 3:36 AM
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu has hardly any range as a voice actor, and is grossly over-cast.

Yeah. I said it.
Dec 26, 2013 5:00 PM

Oct 2013
Honestly, the producers better wrap up EVERYTHING. Cuz it'd be a good anime if everything was covered
Dec 27, 2013 12:53 AM

May 2013
I was about to drop this anime but i gave it a chance i watch episode 6-12 this day and it was Great but not to Great

I sometimes get bored watching this
but I still kind a like it

And why are military I.S so weak and students are like so strong?

7/10
Dec 27, 2013 8:54 AM

Sep 2012
IS2 was really the worst series this season. Story progression was awful, the main character is so dumb i cant describe it words, i can only think he does it on purpose. So many girls are interested in him and he has no idea, just wtf! The series is so predictable, even my little sister can write better script... Some episodes were so awfull i just skipped... If there will be S3, i hope they will change from staff, damn this was bad!
Dec 27, 2013 10:23 PM

Nov 2013
another deus ex machina in the limbo scene, and the bad guys even get away. nothing about their backstory is ever explained except that they had kidnapped ichika a few years ago.

only giving it 7/10 because the harem was still funny but this show gets a 2/10 in plot.
Dec 27, 2013 10:36 PM

Jun 2011
The whole episode felt so rushed. This season honestly was such a letdown compared to season 1. The whole season didnt explain a lot of stuff and focused more on the harem aspect of the show. Seriously though, they should stop it with Ichika getting random power ups every last episode. He's freaking weak and all those "trainings" he had seems useless.

We finally get a ED with Tatenashi in it like finally, and it was really good. Love that they showed all the girls in it.

I want to give it a low rating but i somewhat enjoy every episode too so 8/10
ArcanaTraceDec 27, 2013 10:39 PM
Dec 28, 2013 1:22 PM

Nov 2008
It was a disappointing ending. Yet there seems to be some plot behind the story after all. But I will admit that I am not watching this Just for the plot.

My guess is that we should expect another season. But that could take a while. And although I like to watch eye candy, I still would like some plot.

Overall I give this 7/10.
Dec 28, 2013 3:29 PM

Feb 2013
That felt like a mid-season finale... It was still enjoyable to watch.

I hope they make another season, or at least an OVA. More Madoka and her gorgeous IS is needed.
Dec 28, 2013 11:11 PM
Dec 2012
When I watched the first season for the first time the anime was so good. I was just starting to watch anime and I liked it a lot. Then when season 2 came I rewatched it like a year later and thought, "Wow, this isn't as good as I remembered it to be." Then I watched season 2 and I'm like, "Dafuq is this shit." And now throughout watching the anime I'm just criticizing every single thing that the anime is slipping up like the poster on page one did. Kudos to him/her
Dec 28, 2013 11:23 PM

Oct 2013
Wulf5 said:
When I watched the first season for the first time the anime was so good. I was just starting to watch anime and I liked it a lot. Then when season 2 came I rewatched it like a year later and thought, "Wow, this isn't as good as I remembered it to be." Then I watched season 2 and I'm like, "Dafuq is this shit." And now throughout watching the anime I'm just criticizing every single thing that the anime is slipping up like the poster on page one did. Kudos to him/her

Here's my rambling about how horrible I thought S2 was. Lol...

7thVoid said:
Where to start? First of all, the miraculousness that is ichika's density is just astounding. Not only that but it seems the series tries to make a key note that ichika is the weakest main ever to exist in a series. I mean how can a guy be in a school for at the very least two years and not make any progress on his fighting style what so ever? It's even more sad when you consider the fact that the bad guys in this show couldn't beat him even though they've piloted IS's much longer than he has. There is no plot, and aside from the possible ships there's little to no romance(no, ecchi scenes don't count). I did like the first season. Sadly more than likely this may only be because it introduced the main female cast for most of it. Then here comes the second season flaunting a new possible threat that we the audience hardly even get to see.

With my rant thoroughly finished I must say as sad as it may seem I still feel somewhat obligated to watch if a 3rd season ever does come out only because I wish to finish this series.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Dec 29, 2013 1:39 AM

Jun 2012
This season has been awful.
1. The 5 girls in his harem got no character development whatsoever. (The 5 from 1st season)
2.They introduced a girl to his harem nobody likes. (Prez's younger sister)
3. Every episode felt pretty much like the same routine. (The girls constantly arguing & Ichika being the most dense being in existence)
4.No plot.
5. Horrible Fanservice.
6. Logic is completely out the window.

There is more but I'll leave it at that.

I enjoyed the 1st season but this was just terrible.
Dec 29, 2013 10:28 AM
May 2012
Better story than the first season for me. Hadn't had any problem with the Ecchi and the mecha battle scenes though. The ED is now another song on my playlist, t'was as catchy as Super Stream.

8/10.
Dec 30, 2013 9:11 PM
Aug 2013
Well... at least on the final episode the overall production value went up... I mean, there was actual fighting, way more animation, and actual plot development.

I'm not going to bother go on a rant, again.

Simply put, too much of this just makes no sense at all... And what a terrible ending, which basically is summed up as, the bad guys got away, nobody was hurt... at all... in the entire firefight, in a big city and someone apparently switched the bath signs and Ichika ends up in a fan service scene with all the girls in a bath, and thats it, they don't even give us anything to hook us into season 3. (Id understand if this was 24 ep but its not)

Ichika is stlll dense and seemingly useless, everyone seems to have lost most of their combat training and half their IQ.

From what I have heard though... this anime, the manga, the LN actually did well... So chances are there will be a season 3.

I have no hope it will be any better. Why? Cause they made money doing what they did.
Dec 31, 2013 6:47 AM

Feb 2010
I enjoyed the first season, but this is just plain shit.
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Jan 1, 2014 8:34 PM

Apr 2010
First season was mediocre, but watchable. This was literally painful to sit through.
Jan 5, 2014 7:03 AM

Mar 2013
The fighting scenes were intense but the story isn`t that bad 9/10 for me cause i got attached to the characters i`m hoping for a season 3 of this seriously i`m enjoying IS 2 more than season 1...
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

110 by HOOfan_1 »»
Feb 22, 2023 5:48 AM

» IS is better if you just pretend Ichika isn't really there. ( 1 2 )

--ALEX-- - Oct 10, 2013

52 by marcelosadasilva »»
Sep 25, 2022 11:49 AM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2013

90 by SIKABOBADIGA »»
Aug 31, 2022 1:14 PM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

111 by MxS7HGS »»
Aug 10, 2022 12:35 PM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

93 by MxS7HGS »»
Aug 10, 2022 11:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.