Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Jan 2, 2014 2:04 AM

Dec 2011
Roloko said:
While people are saying this is going downhill. I think its getting better!

Why? Its obvious this series is a super sentai parody which kinda reminds me of Gintama in a way where they poke fun at certain genres, character archetypes, and shows yet have some serious heartbreaking moments thrown in. I believe this was never meant to be taken seriously from the start which is why I have fun watching it every week! And why its getting an high score from me!

But the thing is that gintama was a parody/comedy from the very beginning.. But samurai flamenco was a normal superhero wanna be show with a realistic setting for the first 6 eps and now they are pulling in all these random elements that totally get in the way of what the first six eps had built up, it's like they threw out the plot and even some of the characters personalities and developments hey were having, it's leaving big holes in the series. Maybe if the show was like this from the beginning it would be great but at this point it's like it got a different writer or studio or something. I wouldn't say the show is awful, I at least still find it funny and entertaining to watch, but it feels kind of like a sham.
Jan 3, 2014 3:37 AM
Jul 2013
Calling it now: From Episode 16 on it will be set in space!
Jan 3, 2014 9:46 AM
Sep 2011
Canopus said:
Terrible episode, but necessary. Ok guys, this is what's going to happen.

Next episode, the other three bad guys of FROM BEYOND are easily defeated by the Flamengers, then King Torture makes the awesomest comeback ever, setting the scenario for the 2nd half of the show, which will blow everyone's minds.

BRACING FOR EPIC, you people need to trust the staff of this show a little, they've proven themselves capable of great things in the past.

The thing is EVERYTHING I have ever predicted to happen next on Samurai Flemenco since episode 7 has went a completely different direction. Although my current assumption is that they are going to easily defeat FROM BEYOND, before a new bigger threat appears. And the show will just repeats itself until eventually even Guren Lagann will look and say, "don't you think that's a bit over the top?"
Jan 3, 2014 10:54 AM

Feb 2011
This show is getting better and better, seriously. Also the villain in this one was very creative.

I'll be honest, the first few episodes were not that good in my opinion. I think the direction it's going now is way more satisfying and more fun to watch. I do admire cheesy tokusatsu shows and this show certainly makes me want to watch more of them.
Jan 4, 2014 7:31 AM
May 2013
Good god, this show just gets better and better!

I guess the Super Sentai feel isn't for everyone, but I absolutely LOVE it! It's like i'm a kid being stoked on Power Rangers again.
Jan 4, 2014 6:51 PM

Nov 2012
still contemplating if I should take this event seriously... what the hell am I watching lol.

oh well....

“Fools who don’t respect the past are likely to repeat it.” – Nico Robin
Jan 6, 2014 1:03 PM

May 2011
I hope the ending will be a massive troll. My weekends are going to be great.
Jan 7, 2014 3:10 AM
May 2012
darkchez11 said:
still contemplating if I should take this event seriously... what the hell am I watching lol.

oh well....

Super Sentai, Giant Robot, Kiss of death & Kaname faking his own death. I was like 'are you kidding me'? I feel like I've been cheated here. This show has gone more & more BONKERS than we expected.
Jan 7, 2014 3:29 AM
Jul 2018
Yeah I'm not fond of Super Sentai stuff but the last half felt a bit too Power Rangery to me.

Riez said:
"It's a lie. But it was a beautiful lie."

- manglobe , Omori Takahiro-san , Samumenco production team.

NUFF SAID.

THIS.
Jan 7, 2014 5:12 AM

Jan 2008
OMG...this show was refreshing until they injected King Torture and now this Power Rangers stuff.
Jan 7, 2014 12:17 PM
Mar 2013
This show had a huge potential. Seriously, amazing characters, comedy, action, lots of fun... But last episodes had been really bad. I thought that episode 7 were just a great plot twist, but it was a shitty one. All of a sudden anything bad happends and we all have fun playing superhero, our lives will never be on risk, and our enemies are full retard, wtf seriously. They could have introduced lots of drama and stuff (seriously, how many head were ripped away on episode 7?), but no... and now, all of a sudden, there were not even time enought to end that shitty arc, but a Power Rangers Stereotipical Super Hero Show appears, well fuck, seriously thinking on droping this.
Jan 8, 2014 7:53 PM

Jun 2012
Well, it's not what I hoped for in the beginning, but it's still interesting to see a grittier Sentai series... I'm curious to see how things will end up. I'll be a little disappointed if the Flamenco Girls are out of the picture now, though. Sure Mari could be an asshole, but she was probably the most interesting character to me... I'd prefer to see more of those three. Only "Flamenger Black" seems all that cool so far... and Green a little bit. Also hope to see less of that mech fusion stuff... of course, if it's going to be some sort of parody, or just slightly gritty Sentai, I suppose it will have to go all the way.
Jan 11, 2014 9:37 PM

Sep 2013
I have know idea where this show plans on going next, but i love every minute of it.

Kaname loves trolling everyone.
Jan 12, 2014 5:36 PM

Feb 2012
ryukran said:
This show had a huge potential. Seriously, amazing characters, comedy, action, lots of fun... But last episodes had been really bad. I thought that episode 7 were just a great plot twist, but it was a shitty one. All of a sudden anything bad happends and we all have fun playing superhero, our lives will never be on risk, and our enemies are full retard, wtf seriously. They could have introduced lots of drama and stuff (seriously, how many head were ripped away on episode 7?), but no... and now, all of a sudden, there were not even time enought to end that shitty arc, but a Power Rangers Stereotipical Super Hero Show appears, well fuck, seriously thinking on droping this.

you sound very intelligent my friend
:P
Jan 20, 2014 1:03 PM

Apr 2013
I honestly have no idea what happened to the plot the last few episodes, but I found myself watching this episode with a stupid ass grin throughout.
Jan 22, 2014 7:35 AM

Jun 2011
It was quite bad at first and it couldn't back up the awesome previous episode, but later on, I keep laughing, especially at the combine robot stuff, I just can't stop laughing at it's ridiculousness. XD

Kaname Juuji said:
It was a beautiful lie

Lol.

Edit: The missed calls at the end, shit's in there for our MC in the next episode.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 26, 2014 5:56 AM
Jan 31, 2014 7:41 PM

Mar 2010
Well some non expected events turn out...New characters , nice.

This episode neutralize my annoyance towards the few of its prequel episodes , thank goodness a good episode finally came out.
4/5.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 2014 8:56 PM

Mar 2012
What the hell.. I miss the first episodes now.. new characters and monsters that comes out of nowhere. I nearly feel like dropping this but I have hope it will be less absurd soon..
Feb 8, 2014 2:54 PM

Aug 2009
YAY!!! POWER RANGERS MODE ON!!!!

Haven't watched anything Power Rangers-like since I was a kid!!! XDDD

Those new folks were fun, too, especially when all of them turned out wearing the Red costume!!! Hilarious!! :DDD They appear to be good fellas! XD I like that Black Flamenger - I bet his personality is really nice! ^^ Oh, he was a soldier before!! Mmmmm ;333

Made me laugh so hard and that Flamengers theme song...OMFG so funny!!! XDDD Epic....

But I missed my Go-chin~~~ Nyaa!!!! TTT~TTT

ONE WORD ---> FLAMENGERS
KikimorkaFeb 8, 2014 2:59 PM
Feb 12, 2014 1:12 AM

Feb 2014
phoenixalia said:
Yeah, from now on I'm just gonna watch every new episode and be like 'Mm-hmm' and 'Ok'. Trying to understand what's happening is meaningless.

They totally went sentai on us. I still think this is some kind of dream. I mean, come on guys, what about the rest of what Mayayoshi's grandpa said? What about his parents? What about their murderer?

Omori what the hell are you doing?!

I think the murderer has been taken care of in the Spider-man first movie. Yup, it's the same guy. Also, the murderer's father killed Bruce Wayne's parents.
Feb 27, 2014 6:43 AM

Jun 2008
tsudecimo said:
I give up...

Pretty much.

jimjameswhatever said:
6 pages of just people saying wtf and not saying anything much past that

It doesn't even need to be correct or remotely possible, but I wanna hear some speculations! Some analysis would be nice up on these forums, not just OMG I DUN GET IT IT'S A MINDFUCKKJDKLFAJD;JKAL;

Speculations are only useful for shows that seem to have some coherence, not shows that can pull any asspull at any moment. Speculating is futile.
We might as well speculate that next episode Gotou will transform to a tentacle monster.
MonadFeb 27, 2014 6:51 AM
Mar 25, 2014 8:41 AM

Dec 2012
i dont know whats going on....but i like it
Mar 27, 2014 10:10 PM

Jun 2011
This has turned into an absolute trainwreck of a series.
Apr 6, 2014 9:54 PM

Nov 2011
lol..the robot transformation look like Voltes V

Apr 11, 2014 8:22 AM

May 2013
fuckk this shit, so much potential i was hoping to give this a fuckking 9

mother fuckker what is wrong with that jap writer head.

fuckk u, good characters fuckking gone to waste

im watching this at 1.8*speed to save my time

shit this show should have turn out like kick ass it would have been much better and a little romance too would be great

so disappointed right now
May 2, 2014 11:56 AM

May 2012
This is getting pretty interesting, the show sure is developing quite nicely but I never expected this to be come a power ranger like anime, not sure if I like it or not but currently it's interesting!
May 16, 2014 4:56 PM

Aug 2010
This show just got from "What the heck am I watching" to "I feel totally lost" but in a good way.
May 26, 2014 10:26 PM

Apr 2014
I can't with this show anymore. What the hell. XD

It's like the point of this show is to have somewhat realistic takes on each stage of superhero and villainy found in various sentai shows. To explain it more would be madness.

Therefore: ALIENS.

When yet the spaceships, I doth ask of thee (plaintively).
Nov 28, 2014 11:52 AM
Oct 2014
THIS ANIME MUST BE STOPPED!
And exactly when I thought I've endured it all and we've got it behind us, nooooo, bring the aliens.
And what's with this ridiculous advertisment?x'DDD "From Beyond" Sounded like a new movie announcement.
And a secret base, of couuuuurse. Anyway, liked the new guys. Pretty ones, but pretty uninteresting at the moment. All too fast.
And omg, Flamengers? FLAMENGERS? ARE YOU FOR REAL
And everyone was the red guy, lol. Best scene of the episode.
Besides, when I already thought "Oh, they resemble the Power Rangers" they even have the mega bot and their own title song.
Yep. Definetely Power Rangers.
Feb 2, 2015 8:07 PM

Aug 2012
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Whoa new characters. I'm guessing it's these people:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2013/12/19-1/official-english-site-introduces-new-samurai-flamenco-characters

Their poses are ridiculous though and seriously, all of them as the red Samurai Flamenco? LOL. I can't say I'm a fan of any of the main characters yet. The supernatural theme is still there..but shit, this is really starting to look like Power Rangers even with the different colored suits in the second half.

Wow I'm the top comment on that lol.
I don't even remember doing that.
I just started watching this show now hahaha
Mar 25, 2015 8:01 PM

Feb 2013
Now it's full on sentai. I never expected this. I though it would be all contained in the city but it's going way beyond that.

Flamengers!

New characters! Flamen Pink reminds me of Satsuki from Kill la Kill.

I wouldn't be surprised if they went to space which I have a feeling like they would. Things just keep escalating!
Jun 23, 2015 8:44 PM

Apr 2014
wish they delved more into Mari's character now that she isn't just a violent girl who acts as a superhero. maybe they will, but from the looks of this episode, seems like they won't.

you can't really expect people to take the events from now on "as a parody" or "for laughs" because that wasn't what the audience was given in the first few episodes. This show could have been good if it stuck to the SOL. It still could have been good if it was devoted to the riduculous superhero stint from the beginning with (improved) comedy. But then it tried to do both.

I still find the ED song as the best part of every episode... with the exception of the king torture fight.
Jul 12, 2015 11:13 PM

Feb 2010
I feel so disappointed. I'm not sure if I can continue to watch this anymore. This show is crazy. Definitely not the kind of craziness that I can tolerate. Man, this show was really good at first. What happened????
mingling with each other are the flames of red and blue
Sep 28, 2015 7:45 AM

Jul 2015
I have to agree, the show started to get weaker after the first monster, it was great again during ep 9&10 and that episode 11 left me worried. Really worried.
Sep 29, 2015 10:19 AM
Oct 2013
Clebardman said:
I have to agree, the show started to get weaker after the first monster, it was great again during ep 9&10 and that episode 11 left me worried. Really worried.

if you can't handle what already happened then stop there because the ride is even crazier after,but thats why we love it
Nov 2, 2015 2:07 PM

Feb 2012
All those Sentai references.
Token smart guy
Ranger that is supposed to be defiant to the leading ranger.

And Flamen Robo has better animation than other robots in modern anime.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Apr 3, 2016 9:27 AM

Nov 2014
Holy shit that was stupid... Ugly Toxic Poison made me laugh from embarrassment. Then the Power Rangers parody. It wasn't boring though.

3/5
Apr 7, 2016 3:31 PM

Aug 2012
Looks like this went into parody territory
Aug 31, 2016 2:30 AM

Jul 2008
Wait wha, just how, but, ugh...

Just WTF?! Full fledged sentai team in 5 minutes?
Nov 8, 2016 12:54 AM
Dec 2012
I am disappointed that this has turned into a full on Sentai show now.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I really wanted it stick to being a slice of life anime because the first 6 episodes were so much better.

Oh well. Maybe I won't completely lose interest.
Mar 30, 2017 1:46 PM

Jul 2013
um...what kind of troll move is this lmao

some crazy new antags were introduced, basically all of the old cast is irrelevant now, and now we have some power rangers parody? this show is a mess - it's all over the place. still, i find myself entertained so i don't mind. i can easily see why a lot of people have problems with it though.

i love these new flamenger characters because they all have cool designs, but i hope they don't shift focus away from the original characters we've grown attached to. i kind of want to see the flamenco girls and goto evolving their combat skills to combat from beyond too.
Sep 24, 2017 9:57 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
LMFAO IT GONE FULL POWER RANGERS !!! Hilarious honestly! I enjoyed this switch again so much lol. That mecha is badass! XD
張大です for 張大勇督察
Oct 11, 2017 1:48 PM

Nov 2016
Lmao,this is brilliant.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 20, 2021 2:54 PM

Jul 2012
What the hell am I watching? I think that I've never been more lost with a show before. I have no idea what this show is trying to do...
Aug 16, 2021 2:01 PM

Jul 2019
Wow, good episode, really brought out the power rangers type superhero setting, with the whole team plus Megazord thing at the end. SF is really growing fr.

Also new villain Far Beyond is just part of the hero's life. Idk what to feel about them being connected to King T, a more multiverse type scenario would have fit the bill, but lets see how this will turn out.

Why's this episode so polarizing too??
Jan 2, 2022 8:32 PM

Nov 2020
I had the hugest grin in my face while watching this one. All the previous plots have been successfully ejected, now it's time for something completely different.
Mar 10, 2022 3:04 AM

Apr 2020
Seeing what the direction the showing is going to , I better drop it.
Nov 1, 2022 12:50 PM

Jul 2017
This series really just went full Power Rangers 💀

Looks like Ishihara will be Famenco's biggest challenge yet lmao

Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

122 by dragnpiano »»
3 hours ago

» This has to be one of the most misunderstood anime of all time, right?

lordgaara - Jun 16, 2023

7 by lordgaara »»
Jan 20, 7:49 AM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

181 by lordgaara »»
Jul 16, 2023 9:15 PM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

299 by lordgaara »»
May 25, 2023 12:12 AM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2014

105 by lordgaara »»
May 24, 2023 11:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.