Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 19, 2013 6:41 PM

Jul 2011
All that red ranger kinda reminded me of the goranger game in gaki no tsukai.
Dec 19, 2013 6:46 PM

Jul 2013
...from Japanese Kickass to Power Rangers. I am still expecting something more interesting though.

That Red Axe dying scene trolled me. I am glad too see that Kaname is alive.
Dec 19, 2013 6:47 PM

Sep 2012
This is the biggest mess I've watched in months.
Dec 19, 2013 6:50 PM

Mar 2012
Can't stop laughing... Seriously, I'm having a lot of fun with this anime. Never would have thought this would turn into straight up Power Rangers.
Shame there's no new episode until New Year's.
Dec 19, 2013 6:52 PM

Mar 2012
Kerozinn said:
after seeign the first 5 minutes:

in what time does this take place and is this still earth???

Yeah, I thought the same. I was like WTF IS HAPPENING. This anime is going from a normal world, just as ours, to a super natural world where the sea shits out flying islands, and where antagonists (I don't even know what to call them, the venom character was a monster, a robot or an alien? IDK) can pull gigantic bodies from their ass*s. Now this anime is just a copy of power rangers, they even have their own vehicles with names. One of the "power rangers" just pulled a book out of nowhere and used it as a SHIELD, WHAT THE F**K

(YEAH, I'm mad because this anime was original from the beginning, but now.. ahhhhhh! crap.. It's going from good to incomprehensible, I thought it was a normal world lal, SM = MESS)

PS: Hoping that the Flamengers die in the next episode, at least that would be interesting to see.

FLAMEEEEENGER "PERIOD" ahahah
b1GZZDec 19, 2013 6:59 PM
Dec 19, 2013 6:53 PM
Aug 2012
And another mindf*ck episode. This show is so weird. This time it was a power ranger rip off. What's next?
Dec 19, 2013 6:57 PM

Feb 2012
6 pages of just people saying wtf and not saying anything much past that

It doesn't even need to be correct or remotely possible, but I wanna hear some speculations! Some analysis would be nice up on these forums, not just OMG I DUN GET IT IT'S A MINDFUCKKJDKLFAJD;JKAL;
Dec 19, 2013 6:59 PM

Jan 2013
i was hoping after he revealed his identity it would try to redeem itself but no we get a giant floating alien piece of shit, i hate power rangers and now this is just like it.
King me.
Dec 19, 2013 7:00 PM

Dec 2010
I'm really lenient on weirdness in anime, but this is going crazy. I'm just going to sit back and enjoy it. It's still a pretty fun show! I want to learn more about these other Flamengers!
Dec 19, 2013 7:01 PM

Apr 2010
Btw who the hell is funding their facility?

Dec 19, 2013 7:37 PM
Jun 2011
To drop or not to drop?
Join this site if you want to play the lottery for free

http://myfreelotterypool.com/register.php?rfid=19706
Dec 19, 2013 7:44 PM

Apr 2012
Flamengers? Seriously?

tittycakesXD said:
Terrible episode, I was hoping for something to bridge out what happened for the past few episodes, but this episode made so little so sense it was laughably bad.

Agree'd. I understand that it's most likely for parody purposes, but randomly throwing a bunch of Power Rangers and Sentai references at us doesn't make for good comedy.
Dec 19, 2013 7:49 PM

Apr 2012
Biggest change I've ever seen in Anime. I always said to myself JAPAN!!!
Oh boy, Samurai Flamenco surprises every time XD Big like :)
Dec 19, 2013 7:53 PM

Feb 2012
This gives me a sign to take this show very seriously.
Dec 19, 2013 7:54 PM

Dec 2008
Mirorin said:
I like the theme song though.

That's the only good thing left anyway...

Mass action after watching episode 11? Dropped
Mass rate? Very bad~Horrible
Dec 19, 2013 7:59 PM

Apr 2009
ESCALATION
Dec 19, 2013 8:16 PM

Jan 2012
The previous episode was decent, but what was this? I don't even.....
The part about their being multiple red rangers and Ishihara calling him a bunch of times was funny though. I hope they don't forget about the Flamenco Girls, because they're in the ending theme and are considered main characters according to this site. Seriously though, Kaname is such a troll, I bet he started all of this.
Dec 19, 2013 8:25 PM

Jul 2010
AHAHAHAHA, this went full Sentai. I fucking love it.

Guys, the first 7 episodes were a lie, a beautiful lie. Based Jouji.

neontaster said:
I still think this show's main strength is that it plays it straight and not straight at the same time. I also loved the nostalgia factor in this episode. Reminded me of the early 80's anime GoShogun. And that cheesy Flamengers song was perfect!

^
AkanezoraDec 19, 2013 8:29 PM
Dec 19, 2013 8:31 PM

Nov 2011
AsherFischell said:
It finally happened. The show has gone so far beyond stupid that it's actually hit brilliance. Well played, Clerks.

Wow a Clerks: The Animated Series reference. Nice.

Akanezora said:
Guys, the first 7 episodes were a lie, a beautiful lie. Based Jouji.

This quote deserves some kind of award. Bravo.
Dec 19, 2013 8:44 PM

Sep 2011
Well I've reached my breaking point, I'm going to just assume an observer's position for this show, not a viewer. I lasted this long for the sake of at least reaching the first cour end.

The animation and art this episode tanked hard. I wonder what's going on, I know there are some animation errors or quality drop in an average but this show has been doing it on a weekly basis and it's obvious to boot.

As for the show itself, I am pretty confident that this messy shock-violence and self-parody is going to be this show's identity, it's very own style. But what doesn't sit well with me is how the comedy/parody doesn't bode well with the execution of certain scenes.

For instance, Jouji and Masayoshi hurry to get back-up while the base soldiers are fending of Ugly Toxic Poison(UTP). But when they do get to the "back up", they waste time joking and toying around while UTP goes around killing the soldiers. It feels like sacrificing Masayoshi's code and honour for justice and the life of others just for the sake of parody. It's a clash of themes.

I have no one but myself to blame, I enjoyed the Kick-Ass like proportion of this show but try as I may, I was unable to adapt to the bonkers like transition this show made, from there on it has been downhill for me clinging on a dire hope that all of this would have a "logical" and a "deep" explanation. Boy, was I wrong. Even if it does in the future episodes, it will be all too late.

jimjameswhatever said:
6 pages of just people saying wtf and not saying anything much past that

It doesn't even need to be correct or remotely possible, but I wanna hear some speculations! Some analysis would be nice up on these forums, not just OMG I DUN GET IT IT'S A MINDFUCKKJDKLFAJD;JKAL;

Plot-wise, I believe Jouji is definitely involved with "From Beyond", too coincidental on how all his elite members died while there was a monster in their "super-secret base", it's as though he wanted it to happen. Also from his "beautiful lies" characterization, he's the type of man who would do anything to fulfill his fantasies. If he wants it to be cliche, if he wants his dream team or even if he wants it to be dramatic, he will not mind sacrificing people to achieve his twisted ideals, it's that much evident.

This show has been introducing and destroying characters based on their selfish dreams.
Masayoshi who wants to be a hero, the catalyst
Mari who also wanted to be a hero, but lacked the qualities of one, made a late heroic debut and ended up anchoring Masayoshi's fame and finally crushed to pieces by King Torture mentally.
King Torture, required Masayoshi's heroic debut in order for him to live his ultra-villain dream.
Red Axe(Jouji), who desires for the Super Sentai world to be real and will do anything to ensure it's success.
Aliens(From Beyond), the means to Jouji's uprising.
Dec 19, 2013 8:52 PM

Oct 2010
And I thought King Torture was over the top.......
"People die when they are killed" - Emiya Shirou
Dec 19, 2013 9:15 PM

Jan 2011
NaughtyNoddy said:
...from Japanese Kickass to Power Rangers. I am still expecting something more interesting though.

Dec 19, 2013 9:30 PM

Aug 2013
Bahaha that was a hilarious episode. Turn off your brain people and just enjoy the action. Don't think. Just watch and it will all be fine...I think XD!

They're definitely the Power Rangers but that robot is definitely NOT Megazord. That's freakin VOLTES V! LMAO.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Dec 19, 2013 9:34 PM
Jul 2018
OMG. This ep. is freaking hilarious maybe because of the after effect from the previous ep. One after another, I lol like crazy. :D
Dec 19, 2013 10:22 PM
Nov 2013
This series man... Keeps throwing me for a loop. I really am genuinely curious on where this anime is going to go, will it keep going down this super sentai/power rangers route? Or will in dive into something deep, dark and psychological in a creative fashion?

Are the Flamenco Girls completely broken now?

I actually am enjoying the new flamengen team, but how will this affect Flamenco's friendship with Goto? Will we see less of him now? (I hope not, Goto is awesome)

Many questions indeed, personally I can't wait to see what happens next!
Dec 19, 2013 10:36 PM

Sep 2011
Sad to see that some people just can't handle the escalation.

2 Notes

1. Glad to see I'm not the only one who got the Combattler V/ Voltes V vibe off of their Megazord.

2. I bet after they finish the Flamenger arc (at least one of those four will die), Masayoshi becomes an Ultraman type or a Space Sheriff type for the next arc.
Dec 19, 2013 10:45 PM

Feb 2012
Blood_Wizard said:
Sad to see that some people just can't handle the escalation.

2 Notes

1. Glad to see I'm not the only one who got the Combattler V/ Voltes V vibe off of their Megazord.

2. I bet after they finish the Flamenger arc (at least one of those four will die), Masayoshi becomes an Ultraman type or a Space Sheriff type for the next arc.

hahah expanding on the whole "jouji is sus as fuck" thing, he has been leading masayoshi through each of his phases so far so I wonder how he's gonna do it next time. Maybe some of you older folks can enlighten us each episode with the references and whatnot. I was only slightly exposed to that stuff as a kid in japan before moving to the states where I watched less of that and more cartoons haha
Dec 19, 2013 10:55 PM

Sep 2013
Welp it turned into power rangers anime style. I wonder if the Flanmenco girls will still have a large role or not?

Killing Joke and Heatnoid look like they will be a fun fight. Heatnoid makes me think of Torchman from Megaman (the anime).

It would be interesting if Pink is Goto's girlfriend.
Dec 19, 2013 11:18 PM

Aug 2012
Now, this has officially reached the point where pretty much anything can happen and we shouldn't be surprised.

I'm expecting something meta to be the explanation though.
Dec 19, 2013 11:32 PM

May 2011
Yes. That episode just happened. Seeing the rangers & the huge robot just brought back memories. But this show just took us for a ride from realistic simple problems to supernatural. From King torture to the four members of the from beyond crew. If I apply Pokemon game logic here, I'm guessing there's a main boss after the samurai's beat the 4 mini bosses. Well, just gotta enjoy the ride & see where it goes from here. I'll stay on just for the entertainment.

Also, hoping they don't cut off the flamenco girls or goto so much. With the introduction of the 4 new characters.
Dec 20, 2013 12:03 AM

Jun 2011
Lol i cant believe what im watching. The show turned from a realistic take of modern day super hero into full on sentai lololol, at least its funny.
Dec 20, 2013 12:12 AM

Apr 2011
So now it's a Power Ranger show ?

/facepalm
Dec 20, 2013 12:12 AM

May 2013
This show is completely ridiculous. It's great.
Insert philosophical quote or exceptional picture here.
Dec 20, 2013 12:42 AM
Oct 2013
To start it off, this anime went full retar...I mean sentai. XD

Here's my current short review after watching episode 11.

[Plot went down even miserably.]
Forget sentai, I don't know anymore what this anime is doing anymore. I need to shutdown my brain just everytime I need to watch this anime.
Forget parody. This anime combined KickAss/Power Rangers/Friday the 13th/Voltes V and who the hell knows what's next. Expect some Ultraman/Kaimen Rider/Gundam/Shaider parody soon. I've seen better parodies who knows exactly what they're doing than this.
Forget the genre. This isn't action. This isn't even near comedy.
Forget anime. This is just a twisted 24-episode parody jampacked into one japanese animation series.
Forget the guy whom I debated for telling this anime can be rated 9 or 10 storywise and 5 in the poll. If I would do that, it's like I'm admitting this has the same plot quality as Death Note, Monsters, Spirited Away, Akumetsu, etc.
Forget originality. This anime doesn't have one. Oh wait it's a parody...yeah, right.

[Art obviously worsened.]
Forget the art. I don't even know if the same studio and the same people who started this anime are the same people making this abomination. The art is miserable. What's the year again today? Oh 2013 and going 2014 really soon. Yet the art makes me feel I'm watching Mazinger Z back on the 90's.

[Music is still fine...I guess.]
Good thing that the song isn't bad as what's happening on the other sides.

[Character development sucks.]
Justice. Justice. Justice. Damn that justice. The protagonist is stucked on this cliche. There's no development at all if not neglible. There might be even someone argue that it's how it's works on sentai, but what the hell? "I'm doing it for justice/I fight because of evil" every single time isn't going to cut.

Watching this anime feels like I'm being tortured (King torture, is that you?). If there's a thread out here in MAL entitled "Most Disappointing Anime of the Year (2013)" then I'll gladly vote for this show.

Oh and if someone is going to argue with how this anime is going constant or even better than the previous episodes heck even the near future, then I'm gonna slap and shoot you with this ultimate loli lazer pony flamenger bazooka i'm holding right now.

Plot = 1 out of 5
Art = 2 out of 5
Music = 3 out of 5
Character = 3 out of 5
Overall = 2.25

And yeah I'm already being generous on the music and character.
ExplodingGirlDec 20, 2013 1:06 AM
Dec 20, 2013 1:08 AM

May 2012
wow, power rangers! haha.. and that "you're the the reddest ranger".

Man, this show is really getting weirder and weirder but surprisingly, it still makes me laugh.
Dec 20, 2013 1:17 AM
Aug 2013
The most unpredictable show ever? Seems like it. Can't wait to see whats next. Also, Ugly Toxic Poison.
Dec 20, 2013 2:11 AM

Jul 2011
Redfoxoffire said:
Fuck this show.

Dropped.

Same here. The Power Rangers parody is my limit. Now that I have almost no free time I have to manage better the ones to watch.
Dec 20, 2013 2:48 AM

Feb 2009
The series until now was great even with King Torture bullshit. The 10th episode was incredible, one of the most amazing episodes I ever saw in an anime.

I'm really sad to see the series go this low, even more because the sales are below than expected (~500 copies) and their chance for a comeback just went downhill.

The direction could be really better. I would love to see the old Samumenco climbing towards respect and admiration, as a hero that appeared out of nowhere, in a society where heroes does not exist outside TV programs. I could keep it up with King Torture's bullshit, it even delivered some great and disturbing moments. Making it enter in full sentai mode is just sad. That's not even funny. I really don't understand how people can like it considering we had 10 great episodes before that, and that's not a new series.

I'll keep watching it just hoping for it to be a big troll from the creators. I really hope I'm just being rused and this "sentai mode" will just turn out to be a deconstruction of the genre.
Dec 20, 2013 3:54 AM
Nov 2013
Otoko nandarou, guzu guzu suru'nayo.

Next episode preview, Flamenco Diamond and Flamenco Pink is arguing.
http://www.samumenco.com/story/
Click the episode 12, play the video, although it's just talking and no images/animations.
Dec 20, 2013 3:55 AM
Aug 2012
This show, this *bleeping* show.

Once again the viewer gets the rug pulled from under them. In the age here we think we know what's going to happen, we've constantly been hit in the face with a big "you're wrong". Viewers have gone from thinking this show would be action orientated pre-release, to realistic during the first 7 eps, to serious (king torture) and now to lighter once again with this homage episode.

I sincerely think the scene where all the tv's/phones got took over served a multitude of purposes. Iincluding telling us, the viewers, that the director is in control of what we see. But thinking about it some more, in whatever media we consume isn't there a multitude of people who control what we see? News, Sports, Anime, Movies, they're all controlled by things that are outside our power. Sure that scene also set up the possibility of the supernatural elements being a production company elaborate setup, I think the scene will have a different significance.

I find it amusing how Samurai Flamenco went from saving the world from King Torture, to fighting a bigger threat and having everything multiplied by 200. All in the span of 15 minutes. This show is pretty cheeky.

Other than that, itwas a great "spot the reference" episode.
Dec 20, 2013 3:56 AM
Feb 2013
I'm done being surprised with this show. It's fucking awesome.
Like kaname said, it's a beautiful lie.
Dec 20, 2013 4:22 AM
Aug 2012
dreadknightnero said:

Plot-wise, I believe Jouji is definitely involved with "From Beyond", too coincidental on how all his elite members died while there was a monster in their "super-secret base", it's as though he wanted it to happen. Also from his "beautiful lies" characterization, he's the type of man who would do anything to fulfill his fantasies. If he wants it to be cliche, if he wants his dream team or even if he wants it to be dramatic, he will not mind sacrificing people to achieve his twisted ideals, it's that much evident.

This show has been introducing and destroying characters based on their selfish dreams.
Masayoshi who wants to be a hero, the catalyst
Mari who also wanted to be a hero, but lacked the qualities of one, made a late heroic debut and ended up anchoring Masayoshi's fame and finally crushed to pieces by King Torture mentally.
King Torture, required Masayoshi's heroic debut in order for him to live his ultra-villain dream.
Red Axe(Jouji), who desires for the Super Sentai world to be real and will do anything to ensure it's success.
Aliens(From Beyond), the means to Jouji's uprising.

Excellent points. Jouji is definitely shady as hell, he's been interesting since the beginning of the show. Somehow he has a connection with the prime minister of all people, when before he was just an "old star". He's been *apparently* moving things from behind the scenes and influencing people to do different things. It'll be interesting to see how his character shakes out, I won't be surprised if he ends up being a "gray" area character.

Also did anyone notice that weird thing on the back of Ugly Toxics? It only showed up in a couple of scenes leading up to his death. It looked sort of like a puppet or a dummy.
Dec 20, 2013 4:23 AM

Oct 2010
Dat nostalgia at their "zords" combining.

That sounds like something a blue ranger would say. lol.
Dec 20, 2013 4:33 AM
Jan 2013
Flamengers eh, either this anime is going way over its head, or is there something not right here that in the end we viewer are gonna be punked.
Dec 20, 2013 5:13 AM

Jul 2013
This is getting more and more like Hazama's delusions in a mental institution..

But then I guess it makes sense for the Japanese government to pour trillions of Yen into making a secret base, an actual working giant robot, as well as commissioning an ex action star to recruit 5 adults with severe chuunibyou cases to combat a threat of alien nature..

Yay for the Prime Minister.. I wish my country have someone as crazy as that, I'd definitely vote for him =p
Dec 20, 2013 5:42 AM

Feb 2007
HybridMBL said:
This show... XD

It just keeps anting everything up each week
The situation, the villains, the absurdity

Especially the absurdity...
Dec 20, 2013 5:54 AM

Sep 2011
Worst episode for me. OMG, I'm still waiting for that the staff fix the plot.... T.T
Dec 20, 2013 7:22 AM
May 2012
Sentai-focused episode. nuff said.
Dec 20, 2013 7:26 AM
Jul 2012
And I thought this was taking the slice of life road then guillotine gorilla hit it and crashed to crazy torture monster kissing power rangers voltes V robot fussing anime.. what an EPIC TURN..
Dec 20, 2013 8:13 AM
May 2008
He fell asleep in front of the television, and now they are going to parody every mayor super hero
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» This has to be one of the most misunderstood anime of all time, right?

lordgaara - Jun 16, 2023

7 by lordgaara »»
Jan 20, 7:49 AM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

181 by lordgaara »»
Jul 16, 2023 9:15 PM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

299 by lordgaara »»
May 25, 2023 12:12 AM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2014

105 by lordgaara »»
May 24, 2023 11:14 PM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2014

123 by Attackonfiller »»
Nov 21, 2022 11:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.