Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 27, 2014 11:26 AM

Feb 2014
Wait... in the last seconds of the episode, where we see the photos, is the girlfriend of Yukushimaru that got married..? And with WHOM..?! The guy does not look like Yukushimaru since it has beard... Aff, this intriguing me. If it's a "random" guy that married her I'll be sad.... =(

Other thing, everybody is living now in the first world..? In the "original" Kyoto..? Through the photos, seems to be it... seems not to be the "mirror/glass" Kyoto.
TechOtakuDec 27, 2014 12:27 PM
Jan 8, 2015 9:58 PM

Feb 2013
IT'S OVERRRRR!

That was pretty satisfying. The show made more sense the more i went on which I appreciate.
Jan 18, 2015 7:47 PM
Feb 22, 2015 8:30 PM

Jun 2014
KOTO <3 Shes one of my top favorite female characters.

IM SO HAPPY THIS ENDED WELL and it was such a good ending!

Also kinda plays into my views of god (the granddad in the show) That he loves all hes created, but hes way too busy keeping it all together to enjoy any of it.
I'm really gonna miss this show and its characters. What a little gem.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Apr 22, 2015 8:16 AM

Nov 2011
A good final in its convoluted narrative is left largely understand.
Realization of drawings and animations as discrete quality.
The characters are quite distinct and distinguishable from each other without reference to stereotypes. Soundtrack beautiful and valuable. Although brief, this show deserves a vote of 8/10
Aug 22, 2015 11:57 AM

Nov 2013
Well that was something.

Really good ending. Even though I'd hard time following the plot at some points this anime satisfied me. A big plus to gorgeous visuals and great ost.

8/10
Sep 8, 2015 5:20 AM

Jun 2014
well, that was something, weird/10, don't know what rating to give it so i won't rate it at all

loved the amazing visuals, quite a treat
:3
Oct 11, 2015 10:29 AM

Sep 2013
I feel the full potential of the plot wasn't quite reached (maybe due to budgets and all that stuff).
Nevertheless, ~all~ the feelings were felt in 10 episodes! Good art, good ost, good animation, good VAs. Cool anime :3
Feb 13, 2016 10:48 PM
Jul 2018
What an episode, it was really satisfying to watch and I felt really happy in the end.
Loved its focus on family, and its message of realizing what's most important is those around you. Beautiful show.
May 10, 2016 2:53 PM

Feb 2015
Ah....That was amazing and awsome at how everything was connecting to each other either character and the world :D this show is really amazing. it's one of my great fav anime (No.12) right now. and this is the very first anime that has a family elements on the story which i loved so much. really rare to see anime like this in nowdays tbh.

Overall from this finale episode. i loved it. how they ended the show. the emotions is overflowing to my body to my heart. i can feel it. they even put the OST op and ed in the show. they put the ED first in Koto's and Yakushimaru's Scene. minutes later, came the OP song, and they put it in the end. They even ended it with the usual words which they always put as the intro xD really great imo. The fact that Koto and Yakushimaru are a god right now is still unexpected to me. i really didn't see that coming and that suprised me well. Koto (the mother) was crying was emotional too ;_; and from this episode i just realize that all the problems is actually the priest himself not the world, Koto , Myoe, etc. i never thought of that too actually. Satisfiying Ending! :D

Overall series; it was a really great, enjoyable, relaxing, emotional and funny family series imo. the way they made the plot was brilliant imo. well, it's not something that i called masterpiece but i can say it was great. same with the character development too. i knew this anime will be a great one to me because of the first episode. i first watch the OVA and i thought "well, that one was pretty awsome but a little bit confusing" and watched the first episode "Ah! FIX! this anime is gonna be one of my fav" XD yeah....i like the first episode too. the way they started it was too emotionally sweet. the meeting between Koto and the priest was very sweet, let alone, it was more sweet when they made Kurama, Yase and Myoue as their kids.

and as for why i started watching this episode. i first watched a glimpse of the OVA (episode 0) and i thought i would be a great series to me since the animation similiar to Kill la Kill. LOL it was beyond what i had expected xD

9/10 for this anime. or more specifically 9.5/10.
the OST are amazing. fit perfectly with the story and animation. gonna download it :D
YizelTroMay 10, 2016 3:00 PM
Jun 17, 2016 9:08 PM

Jul 2011
I rarely bother commenting on forums anymore, but I just had to come here and say a few things.

For starters, I absolutely loved this show from start to finish. For almost a year, I've been losing interest in anime, but this series rekindled my love for anime. It's been a while since I've enjoyed myself this much and I'm so glad I finally decided to watch this.

What a fun ride it's been.

Edit: Forgot to add that this show's opening is easily one of my all-time favorite OPs now. Absolutely loved it, not to mention the fantastic soundtrack as well.
MashtaJun 17, 2016 9:30 PM
Aug 17, 2016 12:50 PM

Sep 2014
Mizusi said:
Of course I gave it a 7, I loved it. It would be a 10/10 if the second half kept the charm that was the first half, I was really intrigued and amazed by this show.

This.

I'm giving it 8/10 for the originality, likeable characters, art style and soundtrack.
Aug 22, 2016 3:33 AM

Apr 2013
That was absolutely brilliant. Ironic how God himself the creator of life had an existential crisis lmao. yakashimaru giving the beads back to Inari, then took them back, signifying that he is taking control of his own life rather than fulfilling a role was perfect.

It's a shame how condensed the content has to conform to the 10 episodes and we aren't given much downtime between plot developments. Despite that, it didn't feel rushed and the last few episodes wrapped up the series in a very satisfying manner.

9.5/10
Oct 13, 2016 9:59 AM

Jun 2011
Oh gosh I have such soft spot for this series. I personally think that the second half of this series deserves a cour dedicated to it, but even despite the rush work, it managed to end so well. I am still really confused about certain things and wish that the exposition was shown rather than told, and the character developments could've been smoother, in the end it all worked out great.

Toei nailed the animation part of the series, the directing was on point too, and there's nothing could be said more for the soundtracks, it complements the series very well. Too bad, that even though the story is intriguing, they didn't give it enough time to play it out well without rushing.

Unfortunately, because of the second half, I couldn't give this series any more than an 8. I wish there's an epilogue that goes along with the ending.

Toei gotta make more anime like Kuuchuu Buranko, Mononoke and Kyousougiga, don't waste away the talents for extra bucks.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Dec 3, 2016 3:47 PM

Feb 2016
Has there ever been a show that focussed so clearly on the taxing nature of being an immortal god? Are Immortal beings subject to depression, suicidal thoughts and long developed indifference towards the created, pivoting towards beastly behaviour in the eyes of humans. Logically, I can't see why it shouldn't be a case.

I'm sure there is one or two, but for me this is a first I've seen explore these themes. It's brilliant, well this is one point I think other people haven't themed their comment around.

Awesome show.
Cloud_IllusionsDec 3, 2016 3:51 PM
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
Mar 9, 2017 8:32 PM

Mar 2012
I've never before seen an anime with such illogical dialogue and interactions before. You got 3 children trapped in a world for what appears to be an incredibly long time, at least a century or more. When they finally see their mother, she treats it as if maybe it's been a week at most, and none of them seem to harbor any visible animosity toward their mother and father whatsoever. You would think two drawings made for the sole purpose of soothing the actual human sibling would come to detest that fate at some point in their century captivity? I figured maybe its because they are drawings, they have no emotions..but that's clearly wrong, Yase definitely exhibits emotion. Myoue especially, no visible animosity of being brought back to life in order to be trapped in a fake world for so long, he still wishes to kill himself, so he clearly hasn't come to terms with it and the story ends with daughter Koto having lots of backstory resolve and characterization resolves, and we have Myoue at the end going "Maybe I'll still kill myself, maybe I won't, you'll never know until it happens!"

Then you have mother Koto showing up, but she clearly doesn't seem to have any sense of longing for her children, a hey what's up moment and then I gotta leave, and that still wasn't explained despite Komaru hinting at something bigger.

Then theres the 4th child, who this animation seems to beat around the bush as to whether shes their only biological child or if she too was adopted, teasing at both ideas. She's clearly the favorite of the 4 children, as the moment both mother Koto and Inari actually come back to the Mirror Capital they both express far more emotions and dialogue toward her, espeically Inari. This really bugged me, especially because of the fairy tale ending revolving around "family" when their obviously isn't one. Inari and mother Koto only seem to take any special interest in daughter Koto, Inari expresses this to a T in the 8th or so episode. The only actual notion of "family" is the relationship of Myoue and Koto, he plays the role of older brother perfectly, but outside that there's no legit "family" to speak of. But that also is likely the fault of the adaption, the director probably cut out a lot because he liked Koto's character, so it appears the focus of the story is on her, despite it supposed to be about all 4 of the children. Maybe Im wrong, but it was weird at the end of this episode that Inari and Koto start talking about how the other three children and how hard it must of been for them to be a lone, despite clearly not caring about that at all when they first came back.

That's also another issue with this adaption and maybe even the manga, clearly the animation is focused solely on daughter Koto ever since her introduction in episode 2, you have several episodes focusing on the other 3, but those are just surface scratchers, they don't come anywhere near the development Koto gets throughout the 9 episodes featuring her.

That's another reason I found i generally dislike adaptions of stories that withhold a lot of information and explanation until the end, because it becomes a doctored mess. This is no exception, because the story goes form point A to point Z, they couldn't take side detours to actually sit down and have in depth characterizations for Yase, Koruma, and Myoue. For example all we get told is a sequence of events, like with Myoue, his parents died in a fire, he is saved by Inari, and overtime he put the idea of killing himself behind him, until he wants to die again, then we put up a big "FIN" and its the end of that 1/10th mile detoured road. It's a standard linear story route that cannot branch out beyond the surface.

I was really drawn in by the first episode, figuring this might be one of the best i've watched in a while...oh well...

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
May 5, 2017 9:05 PM

Jun 2013
I was wrong about everything. Again. And I love it.

If someone wants to die, should they be allowed to? Koto says no. (This is a situation where the person with a death wish isn't suffering from a terminal illness.) Her methods of suicide prevention are a little on the violent side.

This series was a wild ride. It had some of the liveliest color design I've seen so far, with some really charming and quirky animation, and full of movement throughout. You'd think a show, where most of the time the characters are just standing around talking, couldn't be almost always moving. And you'd be wrong.

While I'll have to read up on the themes of the story, I can feel that this journey was really something special. It was full of surprises, and it made me care about its characters insanely fast, while also flipping my perception of them on its head several times.

And so, the story about the selfish and childish gods comes to an end, but it's also just starting now. The intro couldn't be more fitting.
Jul 21, 2017 3:55 AM

Oct 2015
i am glad looking through glass city was okay and got recognized as the 13th planet. But the series and the ending were okay for me and Koto was the one for me
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 2, 2017 6:02 PM

Sep 2011
I'm happy everything turned out well and Koto got some more badass and emotional moments, but I still think that the previous episode was just completely unnecessary. I'm pretty sure they could have told Inari's dilemma with himself in an other way, without him being a huge dick and doing stuff like using poor Koto like a tool, almost destroying everything and stuff like almost (hopefully) kissing Koto... I just can't even. Did he want them to hate him so he can disappear without regret?

After all this I kind of wish that Inari would have died/disappeared, for being an asshole like that :/ The previous episode could have been done in such a nicer and better way in my opinion...

At least I'm happy that Koto didn't fall into a side character in the end, and stayed as charismatic as she was the first time we saw her.

I'm giving the show an 8/10, instead of the 9/10 I would have given it before the clusterfuck that was the previous episode. It just ruined the ending for me somewhat :( Still, the whole story itself was good, and I enjoyed the show thanks to Koto. She was just great (her seiyuu as well, I like most of her roles). I probably wouldn't watch it again, but it was worth watching even with episode 9.
May 16, 2018 5:13 PM

Jul 2017
im still a little confused, i understand everything up till like ep 8 for the most part. So koto forced her way into the city and that made the world start to end or something, Inari knew this and then the shrine came saying this world is bad... like im so confused someone please explain this to me.
May 20, 2018 1:13 AM

Nov 2017
Zerity said:
im still a little confused, i understand everything up till like ep 8 for the most part. So koto forced her way into the city and that made the world start to end or something, Inari knew this and then the shrine came saying this world is bad... like im so confused someone please explain this to me.

Okay.

So, Koto forced her way into the mirror city with her hammer, which can destroy even the indestructible, regenerating things in the city. This destabilized the world, which began to break down. Inari knew this, but waited until the destruction of the world was already underway to intervene, probably because he was a suicidal jerk with daddy issues.

Anyways, since the mirror Kyoto was a proper plane of existence rather than just a world inside a painting, it's destruction was also affecting all the other planes of existence which were also in the danger of being destroyed. Shrine notices this and comes in to erase the world or something, because they can't let the entirety of cosmos to vanish and the mirror city was not originally supposed to exist, so they think they just need to get rid off the thing that's breaking everything else.

Koto doesn't want that, because she has family and friends there and erasing the mirror city would kill all of them, so she threatens to destroy the entire universe if the Shrine doesn't fix the world instead of destroying the city because what's the point if her family's dead. Around this point Inari says "Great idea, let's destroy the world!" and does something to Koto so she would start smashing the fabric of reality apart.

However, Inari doesn't actually want to destroy the world. He hates himself, he hates his father and he's a jerk who doesn't know how to properly communicate with people, so he's basically having a giant temper tantrum to get his father's attention because he doesn't want to be god. He reckons someone's gonna fix the world before it gets destroyed and then he could just disappear and have Koto and Myoue be gods in his stead.

See, Inari had already given his powers away to his children. Koto had the power of destruction in the form of Aratama made from that thing Inari gave her in the beginning of the series, and Myoue had the power of creation in the prayer beads. Neither knew this, because Inari never told them what they were and why they were given them, but Myoue figures this out and sets to save the world with Koto because everything he loves is dying and he needs to finally accept his fate and take responsibility for his powers.

Myoue and Koto fix the world and are called by the Creator, their grandfather, who says everything's okay now, the mirror city can exist like all the other planes and the world is fixed, and Koto and Myoue can become the new gods while Inari will disappear as per his wishes. Koto says fuck that, she don't want her father dead, and goes to have a chat with him. And by chat, I mean go beat some sense into Inari because goddammit, stop being a selfish asshole, we fucking love you and I don't want my family break apart again so don't die! To which Inari says "okay".

In the end, Koto and Myoue take over as gods while the whole family gets reunited, the world is a-okay and they all live happily ever after. That's my interpretation, anyway.
May 20, 2018 7:58 AM

Jul 2017
@Vilkku92 thanks dude that makes sense and now things seem less confusing. Thanks
May 20, 2018 9:43 AM

Nov 2017
@Zerity You're welcome!
Aug 31, 2018 11:23 AM

Apr 2015
Visually definitely one of the most potent shows ever. Samurai Champloo, eat your heart out!

Dialogue wise had two pieces of dialogue that just pulled at my heart strings. The sunset in the grass, EP2? The running on the rooftop, EP9? Can you write better dialogue than that? I cannot. It's poetry, seriously!

Maybe the second half delivers a bit less than the first promised? Maybe it contains some copouts and flawed exposition? But it all does make sense, somehow. I can't lie to myself. 9-10/10
Jul 29, 2019 3:55 PM
Jul 2018
I'm at a loss of words for this series, I want more of it but this is it. None the less it was a very heartwarming watch.

Yuki Hayashi's character designs and the OST made this story so much better than it already was, along with the voice acting in certain scenes. Gotta hand it to Rie Kugimiya, love her voice.

Gonna rewatch Episode 0 just for the fun of it. 8.5/10 <3
Aug 16, 2019 6:34 PM

Oct 2016
What a great franchise. I feel like writing a review on this, just so I can warn people to watch it in the order of release.
As someone who watched it in the order of 2011--->2012 --->2013, I feel like it was a great experience.
At first it all seemed nonsensical, but you slowly see that the writers had the story planned out from the very beginning. It was amazing too see.
An easy 8/10.

Aug 27, 2020 3:26 PM

Nov 2019
LOVED IT!!!!!!!
XD
Aug 27, 2020 3:28 PM

Nov 2019
LOVED IT!!!!!!!
XD
I had fun watching this series
it was a great experience n a lot meaning behind the love of a family
Oct 11, 2020 7:30 AM

Oct 2015
I guess I share the common opinion of some of the people here first half and episode 10 are great the ones in between was pretty eh, felt like they could have done more
Dec 12, 2020 5:02 AM

Aug 2017
Hmm, the events on the Moon and on Earth were labeled as number 22 and 23, and had a white and black coloring, but when Koto and Myoue were talking to their grandpa (symbolized by 3 animals from Choju-giga, lol), the number shifted to 30, and the color was red. Well, if each episode has 3 "chapters", then it makes sense to make the total amount 30, and it was gradually moving towards that, but what's with that number jump.

So that guy from Kurama's temple could teleport between the Shrine HQ and Mirror Kyoto? Also looks like the high priest somehow ended up in the HQ, and I thought that girl left him in the previous episode. Maybe he "teleported" too. Or used the portal.

Who was that big bunny after all? One of God's forms?

Myoue's "girlfriend" got married to some guy with a bristle. Somebody from the Shrine, maybe?

Anyway, a great end to a great series. Amazing how much can be achieved in 10 episodes. It's hard to be a kami, apparently!

P.S. Just learned that the other two familiars were called "Ne" and "Ko". Huh.
St0rmbladeDec 16, 2020 4:45 PM
Jun 22, 2021 9:22 PM

May 2020
And so it ends, with Koto beating the crap out of Inari and convincing him to live, after she beat up Myoue/Yakuhimaru to convince him to live. A happy ending for all.

Kami-sama AKA Inari's dad shows up and completely steals the show for me. His scenes in this episode were the best.

Overall, this was a pretty unique show, from its art direction to its story. I wish I could say the same for the characters but I can't. They are well written but I just can't bring myself to fully invest in them, which drags down my enjoyment of this show a lot.
Jun 25, 2021 6:44 AM

Jul 2016
naminamichu said:
I feel the full potential of the plot wasn't quite reached (maybe due to budgets and all that stuff).
Nevertheless, ~all~ the feelings were felt in 10 episodes! Good art, good ost, good animation, good VAs. Cool anime :3

The full potential of this was wasted about 3 episodes in.
Jun 26, 2021 6:28 PM
Apr 2020
This finale was definitely emotional and heartwarming. Loved that ending too

I started this Kyousou Giga series on the OVA one, and I definitely have no idea what's going on there. I almost dropped the series because of that and I'm glad that I finished it till the end.

Really like the artstyle and definitely the OSTs of the anime, it really fits especially when there's every moments on the episode. There's some things that I haven't understand but it's only minor and doesn't affect my impressions of this one

With that, this is my overall rate of the series
- Kyousou Giga OVA 6/10
- Kyousou Giga (2013) 7/10
- Kyousou Giga (TV) 9/10

I'm glad that they didn't rushed the ending :)
Jan 17, 2023 6:02 AM

Apr 2016
The importance of family which seemed to the central theme of the show, a fitting ending, wasn't completely engaged with this but it was enjoyable.
May 22, 2023 12:58 PM

Feb 2020
I didn't expect to like this last episode as much as I did ! It was so heartwarming, I loved it. Underneath its wacky exterior, this show has quite a beautiful story with such a wholesome message. It also made me realize how much I care about the characters ! Especially Koto (daughter and mother), the father and Yakushimaru, they're great characters.
It's a shame though because while I really liked the show as a whole, it was often so over-the-top and overwhelming that I spent a good amount of it not really understanding what was going on and it tainted my appreciation. I do like it a lot anyway, but I'm considering rewatching it some day now that I understand the whole story better, I'm sure I'd appreciate it even more and maybe it could even become a favorite of mine, I liked this last episode so much after all.
Right now I'm giving this show a strong 7/10, but I have hope that a rewatch will make me add a point !
Oct 7, 2023 6:26 PM

Sep 2018
I liked this, I liked it a lot, but....
Where is episode 10.5 "Review" that was teased at the end? Does it exist?
Apr 17, 10:28 AM

May 2020
Average anime i think, nothing much big deal in here. Basically this all about family problem. The climax seems really flat after all. No punch line that makes me excited. Overall this is average anime.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyousou Giga (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2013

66 by sharosharo »»
Apr 17, 9:59 AM

Poll: » Kyousou Giga (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2013

61 by sharosharo »»
Apr 17, 9:31 AM

Poll: » Kyousou Giga (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2013

65 by sharosharo »»
Apr 17, 9:07 AM

Poll: » Kyousou Giga (TV) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2013

87 by sharosharo »»
Apr 17, 8:42 AM

Poll: » Kyousou Giga (TV) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2013

80 by sharosharo »»
Apr 17, 8:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.