Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 18, 2013 10:44 AM

Jan 2013
Meh anime till the end. The only parts I enjoyed were when Akihito went berserk in youmu form.

Final rating 5/10.
Would've been a 6/10 if Mirai stayed dead and not magically reborn. So cliched.
Dec 18, 2013 10:44 AM

Sep 2008
I want next season!
I want more Mirai and Akihito!

Love this series!
Love KyoAni!
Love this episode!

Everything was just perfect!
I almost believed Mirai will not return... ;(
Glad at the end, she could back *.*
Love this fights scenes *.*
And all AkihitoxMirai moments!
Oh, this scene when she started disappeared *.*
And this "pat me" say "thank you"
and when Akihito understood what's happening
and when she disappeared...
Love it!

Mirai is so cute! *.*
Totally love her!

Can't wait to see special! *.*
Dec 18, 2013 10:45 AM
Dec 2013
Frontalbrise said:
He cried on the right and it vanished. Maybe it was BtBs power but that certainly wasn't any kind of control, since he was surprised.

Also why would she be summoned back on the school roof (other than dramatic presantation)

I think he has no idea of what he can do with his powers.
All the series gave us was Aki absorbing the whole dimension-bending creature called KnK/BtB, it didn't explain what powers does that gives to Aki.
Maybe he didn't really expect it to work, that was why he was surprised.
Furthermore, School Roof because there is where they first meet, it is the first place he thought about when the ring vanished from his hands, which means it is also the first place that comes to his mind when he thinks about Mirai.
Dec 18, 2013 10:47 AM

Mar 2012
Khobbs11 said:
Classic KyoAni moe shot of Mirai to end the show on. Overall i enjoyed the show, especially the last two episodes.

Does anyone know how much of the light novel the anime covered?

About 2/3 of the first Volume.
Dec 18, 2013 10:49 AM

Aug 2013
Thanks for the wonderful anime kyoani. I was right to watch it all the way :)
Dec 18, 2013 10:51 AM
Jul 2018
Cliché ending is cliché

At least it was a happy one if we disregard the MC Syndrome Mirai developed.
Dec 18, 2013 10:51 AM
Dec 2013
I really wished KyoAni had made it obvious that it was Akki using BtB that brought Mirai back... one single sentence could have really made the whole ending better.

Anyway... Mirai surely was cute on the end scene... And surely was creepy on the death scene "IM SO HAPPY" "IM SO HAPPY" ugh, this will haunt me.
Dec 18, 2013 10:55 AM

Mar 2013
I was originally gonna rate this lower because it wasn't that interesting a show (I'm not that keen on KyoAni anyway, and this had that same dull feeling that most KyoAni does for me), but 7/10 is what I've ended up at, if merely because part of it actually made me feel something. I feel like my rating would've been higher if Mirai had stayed dead, though.
Dec 18, 2013 10:58 AM
Dec 2012
'ugh... Dat ending
I feel like it should've ended with her disappearing. Then Akkey can move on.
Dec 18, 2013 10:58 AM

Oct 2013
So the sake of having the anime for anime? LOL, although I love it. I was laughing when Mirai and Aki were fighting. Comically... And Aki was staring right up her skirt.

Aki got ride of KnK, then got it back. Everything back to sq 1. Nothing changed.

And so Izumi nee-sama also a half youmu and human? And probably Aki's mama as well...?

Hmm, I think it was Aki that made Mirai came back.

Probably we might get a S2.
heiqi1huDec 18, 2013 11:01 AM
Dec 18, 2013 11:00 AM
Dec 2013
heiqi1hu said:
So the sake of having the anime for anime? LOL, although I love it. I was laughing when Mirai and Aki were fighting. Comically... And Aki was staring right up her skirt.

Aki got ride of KnK, then got it back. Everything back to sq 1. Nothing changed.

And so Izumi nee-sama also a half youmu and human? And probably Aki's mama as well...?

Hmm, I think it's Aki that made Mirai came back.

Probably we might get a S2.

It is not back to square one because Aki now fully controls the KnK... he will not got berserk anymore for example, and probably can switch youmu powers at will.
Dec 18, 2013 11:01 AM

Apr 2011
So a mediocre anime finished, and the world just moved on..
Dec 18, 2013 11:03 AM

May 2010
Woah, great action packed episode with lots of feels. ;~;

I was crying when Mirai vanished. T^T

Happy end! Yay! :'D

My OTP forever♥
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Dec 18, 2013 11:03 AM

Apr 2012
Was smiling like an idiot when that ended.

Anyway a nice evolution from Munto TV, though I could have done without the whoring the cast (Kanbara mother plus all that photoshoot part-time job), even without Akihito and Hirohmi's fetishes, but I have a feeling those might be in the novel.
EratiKDec 18, 2013 11:06 AM
Dec 18, 2013 11:04 AM

Jul 2013
lots of confusing and unanswered questions but i guess that leaves room for OVA's or a second season. the moment where mirai vanished and the cute head patting scene was nice. the way she came back like 5 minutes later basically made the other scene have no point zzz.

6/10
hihi~ 안녕하세요~ こんにちは~
Dec 18, 2013 11:04 AM
Oct 2011
Glad that's over, worst kyoani to date
Dec 18, 2013 11:14 AM

Apr 2012
It's unfortunate for me to say I think this might be my least favorite KyoAni show especially considering I was looking forward to it but it really is a show fueled by emotions instead of logic and I just was not emotionally attached to any of the characters really.

5/10
Dec 18, 2013 11:14 AM

Sep 2011
The first half was well crafted, the action scenes were pure eye-candy and the comedic banters between Mirai and Aki nailed it. Though when the second half passed through, it passed through like a bullet train, very rushed.

Too much information in the form of revelations, explanations and twists being shoved in before the episode ended. Detracted the enjoyment there, if anything this episode could have been divided into two for a better experience and a more dramatic ending.

Seems no one respects Aki's mother, not the son, not the stabbing Izumi and definitely not the kicking Sakura.

Thought they forgot about Ayaka and Ai, seems not. Also I can't look at Ai the same after the Idol Saiban episodes.

I half expected Aki to just suck her in like he did with the Kyoukai no Kanata, this way she can actually exist, or in a much romantic manner, live in his very heart.

For some reason, I was never emotionally involved with this show at all and that made me unable to actually feel or care about the characters death, revival and love affair.

That ending reminded me of
ending, should have left it with the death or show possible revival until bringing her back for real in season 2.

Overall, 7/10. Even with eye-candy fights and scenery, good comedy, and some excellent episode direction, it still felt hollow somehow.
DKNer0Dec 18, 2013 11:20 AM
Dec 18, 2013 11:15 AM

Nov 2012
Well kind of failed to enter my heart a little, tried hard to start caring about the characters but in the end I just didn't. Didn't like how she just showed up at the end there. Oh well, guess it's been a fun ride, still think the other girl is way cooler and cuter. 6/10

Dec 18, 2013 11:17 AM

Aug 2013
dreadknightnero said:
The first half was well crafted, the action scenes were pure eye-candy and the comedic banters between Mirai and Aki nailed it. Though when the second half passed through, it passed through like a bullet train, very rushed.

Too much information in the form of revelations, explanations and twists being shoved in before the episode ended. Detracted the enjoyment there, if anything this episode could have been divided into two for a better experience and a more dramatic ending.

Seems no one respects Aki's mother, not the son, not the stabbing Izumi and definitely not the kicking Sakura.

Thought they forgot about Ayaka and Ai, seems not. Also I can't look at Ai the same after the Idol Saiban episodes.

I half expected Aki to just suck her in like he did with the Kyoukai no Kanata, this way she can actually exist, or in a much romantic manner, live in his very heart.

For some reason, I was never emotionally involved with this show at all and that made me unable to actually feel or care about the characters death, revival and love affair.

That ending reminded me of
ending, should have left it with the death or show possible revival until bringing her back for real in season 2.

you said everything
Dec 18, 2013 11:22 AM

May 2013
Ok.... so that ending had some great moments. but NONE of them made any sense. This show left wayyyy too many unanswered questions, plotholes, and other nonsense. And how the hell did Mirai come back to life? This reminds me of Guilty Crowns ending because its really cool looking and emotional, but if you even slightly try turning your brain on, you realize it makes absolutely no sense as too WHY all of this is happening. Honestly, the kind of mistakes this show made aren't even the type that a 2nd season could resolve. The show wasn't bad, but it was wildly inconsistent in its storytelling. There was a stretch where I thought the show had picked itself up and made a real argument for being a great show, but for every one of these moments, there was an overwhelming flaw in the storytelling. I gave this episode a 3 because it did have its moments, but really all they had to do to get a 5 from me is address what the hell was up with the Spirit World Warrior dude, NOT bring Mirai back to life, have a better resolution with Kyoukai no Kanata instead of just putting it back in Aki, and not giving us more questions than answers. I really hope KyoAni doesn't try a season 2 with this, even though it wasn't bad, I expect more out of them for sure.
Dec 18, 2013 11:26 AM

Oct 2007
On the one hand its nice to see more people coming around to my point of view this week with this lacklustre finale but at the same time its like what did people expect. Anyway I knew it was going to be weak but at least I finally felt the direction of the fights in the last little while. Nowhere near enough to get the series out of the 4/10 category it found itself in by the halfway point but at least it didn't sink much lower. Just really weak cast, lack of development for much of anything and lame gag comedy killed this show as a fantasy action series.
Dec 18, 2013 11:29 AM
Apr 2013
I just want to know why they couldn't conclude this series solidly without trying to stuff everything into the last few minutes. Honestly, I liked the series until it came down to this. Eff. We won't even see a continuation if it gets one until a few seasons from now.
Dec 18, 2013 11:32 AM

May 2011
A big "bleh" was all I was thinking while watching this final episode. Overall the action was decent and somewhat entertaining, the art is nice, the jokes got overused and were unpleasant most of the time, really weak and inconclusive "ending". It started off okay but then went downhill at the second half.
Dec 18, 2013 11:39 AM

Nov 2011
Episodes 10 and 11 were brilliant but I thought the ending was pretty blah, and overall this show had way more dull moments than interesting ones. Unfortunately I continue to be underwhelmed by KyoAni. I had hope for this show because it is more within my sphere of interest, but it only delivered in small bits and pieces.
Dec 18, 2013 11:40 AM

Jun 2013
Ohh...another anime ended.I fell empty now :( , but I stll love that I see it to the end :) .
Dec 18, 2013 11:44 AM

Jan 2012
They are quite a lot of stuff I don't really get here or would like to know...
How Mirai came back... How KnK came back to Akihito so what was the point of taking it out... Where is izumi... hoe is Akihito's father... and stuffs...
Dec 18, 2013 11:46 AM

Dec 2010
This was a good episode to end the series on. It had a feeling of having a nice epilogue, but at the same time I didn't want it to end... It was a very enjoyable show that got better as it went on, and the last few episodes were pretty awesome!

I'm going to miss "Fuyukai Desu" though...

I'll give this an 8/10 I think...
Jul 2018
Well that's the end of that, Was quite enjoyable but could've been better if there was romance in this series, Oh well.

8/10

Dec 2010
Well that ending was dumb.

>Who is his mother, wtf was that
>What happened to the bad guy
>Well that was easy to defeat kyoukai no kanata
>How did Mirai get her body back?
>What was the point of having kyoukai no kanata removed from his body...........

7/10 for the show
Dec 2013
Well, before going to bed I'm going to leave this post here from another discussion going on:

The KnK and Akkey have always had some special link which has yet to be explained because Yayoi just fled instead of explaining it.

He's the only one who can harbor the KnK and not explode. So Mirai disappeared because her body couldn't contain it, but the KnK still uses her body as a container (that's why it bleeds all that blood when she stabs it)

The KnK didn't intend to disappear, it intended to cross over into the real world since that's what it does but Mirai was killing it from the inside.

The KnK created an isolated environment so it could throw armies of youmu and lightning at Mirai, it needed to kill her.

Mirai is part of the KnK during episode 10 so she has some control of it. For example, her black glasses are also fake.

Mirai lost her physical body and only existed in the KnK so when the KnK went back to Akkey, her body disappeared with it.

This last one is up to debate, but notice how the last point is that Mirai becomes part of the KnK and creates a fake Akkey, and Akkey becomes the KnK again and we have a new Mirai. Alternatively, Yayoi did something and we'll find out in the OVA.

The time between the final fight and the final scene looks like a month or two because it went from Autumn to Winter, that's a lot of time.
Dec 18, 2013 11:49 AM

Nov 2013
Mirai coming back that way left me zoned out for a moment, like WTF did just happen? Although, the series were good enough for me to watch it till the very end and I actually enjoyed it.
The only downside was the character development, those unexplained revelations, plotholes and wasted potential, but I can overlook them.
Actually, I find this better than a lot of other (pointless) anime out there, tbh.
Dec 18, 2013 11:52 AM
Jul 2012
Overall, I liked this series, but I have to admit, it probably would have been better if Mirai had stayed dead. I was actually pretty fond of that epilogue before then. I think they were concerned about not getting a second season, and they tried to give it a happy ending, even though they didn't have time to explain what happened.
Dec 18, 2013 12:14 PM

Nov 2012
I found this series to be decent, and compared to KyoAni's other works, it's not that great. The ending and even the anime as a whole felt like it was missing some important aspects to it such as character development. Perhaps in the future we'll get a season 2 that will improve on the faults of this anime and answer all the questions left unanswered.
Dec 18, 2013 12:20 PM

Sep 2013
Damn this was pretty good until the end.

First off it felt anticlimatic, KnK left Akkey's body only to be absorbed again after a few puches?

Another thing was the whole Yomu-inside-Izumi and juice box guy there was absolutely no build up for that and it was just thrown out there :/

Finally the whole thing with Mirai, how did she come back? I've heard through the comments that Akkey used KnK's power to do it, but couldn't they have explained it in the anime?

This whole finale while visually stunning left me with to many questions so I'm going to have to give it a 5 or 6. At least I enjoyed watching it...
Dec 18, 2013 12:22 PM

Sep 2013
This serie was kinda nice to watch, but the ending was so cliché...
the part when Mirai broke and vanished was really good but she should have stayed dead...
It kinda lost its sharm when she came back to life:S
Dec 18, 2013 12:24 PM

Jan 2013
I reeeeeally wish they had taken their time with the more serious/actiony parts of the anime because the SOL stuff was just a huge waste of time. They should have left that for other anime. With this episode as a finale, my rating will probably go down. Ugh. They seriously could have done so much better, but it was still really enjoyable if I put my critical thoughts aside. I had fun watching. Unlike a lot of people, I did tear up when Mirai was disappearing, but it was ruined by the ending. I do think a season 2 would improve it because it could fill in all the plot holes--but it still wouldn't fix the flaws of this season.
Dec 18, 2013 12:24 PM

Mar 2010
I liked where the ending was going, but I knew it was too good to be true.
How unpleasant.

Certainly the studio's most ambitious show as of late, in terms of premise and scene composition. I also thought the fade-ins were always well done. However, in combination with the typical KyoAni humor overstaying its welcome and just feeling unnecessary towards the end, all of that doesn't amount to much more than wasted potential. 5/10
Dec 18, 2013 12:29 PM

Dec 2012
Wow this was one hell of a ride.
Season 2?
Dec 18, 2013 12:40 PM

Aug 2011
Hopefully gets second season, this really needs it.
Dec 18, 2013 12:41 PM
Dec 2013
Well... Aki's mom did say "To be continued" before jumping.
Maybe we will get some more answers in the OVA, maybe even a S2.
Dec 18, 2013 12:44 PM

Aug 2012
Da hell was that ?
Dec 18, 2013 12:48 PM

Apr 2013
rodac said:
I guess Kyoami is such a wonderful producer of anime that they don't feel the need to provide us with much in the way of explanation, resolution, or coherency in the final episode...
overall 6/10

1. so many questions were left unanswered -1
2. lots of asspulls HOW TF DID SHE CAME BACK TO LIFE? -1
3. filler episode in a 1 cour show -1
4. no kiss -1
Dec 18, 2013 1:01 PM

Dec 2012
Liked the episode & the show~
but I'm a little confused... how did she come back tho
Well hopefully there is gonna be another season ...?
Dec 18, 2013 1:03 PM

Nov 2011
KhanhCPham said:
The ending made me say "huh." I thought the ending was going for a symbolic ending about Mirai existing in spirit but it turns out she physically came back. Or another thought of her coming back is she came out of Aki body since Kyoukai no Kanata and Aki are the same being. Mirai absorbing the Kyoukai no Kanata from episode 10 means they are also the same being. So essential Aki and Mirai are one. Okay this is hurting my mind.

It was such a cheap emotional blackmail trick. First off - they already did the thing where she dies but then turns out to still be alive. They did it fucking last week! Second, just commit to one. If she survives, then have her survive. If she's dead, keep her dead. I hate that they tried to deliver both emotional beats just to trick you into thinking you actually care. Because you don't care. You don't.
Dec 18, 2013 1:05 PM

Aug 2011
Alright so I did love KnK despite everything. The first half of the series, until episode six was not that great. It kept bouncing between repetitive fetish humour (which was funny the first couple of times but when it keeps happening it's not so funny) and serious stuff and was unable to bounce it. They really should have kept the humour to a minimum if they wanted this to be a more serious show but they didn't. The pacing was also horrible, as seen in episode seven, Sakura reconciles with Mirai way too quickly and they are like best friends by the next episode. I don't even want to count episode six as a part of the series; wow what a waste, it could have been an OVA! Honestly, how did it strike them as a good idea to do this while the series was airing? Very stupid move on their part if you ask me. Episode five didn't give the series a direction either; it may as well have been another OVA, as it did develop Mitsuki a little but I mean. It didn't exactly add to the series. Mitsuki is still a very flat character.

In any case, the series did pick up by episode seven (despite that episode's horrible pacing) quite a bit, and became a lot better. And now we have an ending that was fine up until Mirai came back to life via asspull, or so it seems. It is possible that Akkey brought her to life by crying on the ring, like others have mentioned but it's not very clear as to how it happened; there are absolutely no explanations and well, it's extremely confusing.

6/10 the series could have been way better than this and I know it. If pacing problems and the balance between humour and serious stuff were fixed then the first half would have been a lot better than how it is now. Well, what can you say, really?

"To be continued." tho. Will there be a continuation? If there is I really hope they answer a lot of questions, about Miroku, who Yayoi is, who Akkey's father is, what happened between Akkey and Hiroomi in the past, etcetc (I mean I can guess based on the given info, but it'd be great if they clarified instead of leaving me in the dark here).
Dec 18, 2013 1:09 PM

May 2013
This episode was really good. I started tearing up when she vanished. I was hoping that she would return and she did. Great anime overall.
Dec 18, 2013 1:10 PM
May 2013
everything before this episode is actually very enjoyable to watch but this last episode is weird and anti-climatic, and left so many unanswered questions, and made me drop the rating of this entire series
Dec 18, 2013 1:18 PM

Jan 2013
IMO this was quite disappointing :S
Dec 18, 2013 1:18 PM

Aug 2012
Rushed as fuck. Stick to SOL KyoAni.

6/10
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2013

338 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Mar 5, 11:30 PM

» 10th anniversary was yesterday...

dabiggestbird - Oct 4, 2023

17 by pinemoth »»
Oct 14, 2023 7:07 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2013

475 by Aruna0 »»
Jul 6, 2023 12:59 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2013

448 by ds87 »»
Jun 21, 2023 10:36 AM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2013

195 by lordspacecat »»
Mar 10, 2023 10:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.