Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 17, 2013 9:51 AM

Nov 2013
Hi, I am having this kinda problem from I sign up till now. Which is I am having problem keeping logged in. I have tried clear all browsing data, tick the keep logged in button. But next time I re-open my browser it still appearing the problem. Any help? Btw, I am using Chrome.
Newbie :P
Dec 23, 2013 12:00 PM
Feb 2012
Me and my brother (different PCs, same IP) have been having the same problem for months now...
Almost everytime I open my browser a message comes up saying "Sorry! We've had a problem keeping you logged in.
Please clear your cookies, close your browser, and try again to log in. Thanks. ", and I have to log in again even though I ticked the "keep me logged in". I've tried clearing my cookies as well as the browser cache as advised, but none did help.

It's getting very iritating since it also started happening while I'm ON MAL. I have fifrefox on the background, watch 2-3 episodes and when I want to update MAL i have to log in again, even though I'm already on...

At first I was hoping it is just some minor bug but seeing as nothing has changed for so long I decided to seek for help myself.
Btw, I'm using the newest version of Firefox and Windows 7.
Dec 23, 2013 12:32 PM
Jul 2013
@sarkh

Copy and paste this "in-browser" link --> "chrome://settings/content" to the url bar and hit Enter, See if the option: "Allow local data to be set (recommended)" is selected or not (If not selected then select it).
Dec 24, 2013 7:25 AM

Nov 2013
BeyondNero said:
@sarkh

Copy and paste this "in-browser" link --> "chrome://settings/content" to the url bar and hit Enter, See if the option: "Allow local data to be set (recommended)" is selected or not (If not selected then select it).

This setting already been chosen. Problem still persist though. Even my phone using Chrome also having this problem, kinda irritating though. Did you guys facing this problem too? Or maybe I should use other browser on my PC?
Dec 24, 2013 8:40 AM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
MAL keeps you logged in based off you IP.
If you constantly switch wifi such as living on campus in college or have a dynamic ip, this may be the cause of the problem.

Phones usually never keep you on MAL signed in for a long time as you switch onto wifi automatically and even moving to a different area will cause you to log out of your phone.

I have had this happen to me so much at my college, that I have gotten use to it. It is not a real problem having to resign in is it?
ZelotDec 24, 2013 8:44 AM
Apr 16, 2014 8:11 AM

Nov 2013
Sorry to push my old post up. But recently the situation has gone worst. The situation is after some time, my account will be automatically logged out for unknown reason. But when I select Log in. I will get Error: You must login to see this page, but after I have typed in my username and p/w, it gives me another error: Could not find the username. I have to quit the browser and clear everything then I can log in properly. May I know how to solve this? It's quite bothering me recently.
Apr 16, 2014 8:20 AM

Oct 2009
sarkh said:
Sorry to push my old post up. But recently the situation has gone worst. The situation is after some time, my account will be automatically logged out for unknown reason.

Do you have static or dynamic IP (provided by your ISP, not local IP you may have)?

sarkh said:
But when I select Log in. I will get Error: You must login to see this page, but after I have typed in my username and p/w, it gives me another error: Could not find the username. I have to quit the browser and clear everything then I can log in properly. May I know how to solve this? It's quite bothering me recently.

The "solution" is to change your ISP. If it isn't an option for you, then proxy (e.g. Hotspot Shield, TunnelBear, public proxies)
Apr 16, 2014 9:20 PM

Nov 2013
Serhiyko said:

Do you have static or dynamic IP (provided by your ISP, not local IP you may have)?

The "solution" is to change your ISP. If it isn't an option for you, then proxy (e.g. Hotspot Shield, TunnelBear, public proxies)

Actually I am using a USB broadband to browse MAL at home (I only have broadband plan currently, no other optons), and the broadband isn't connected to the net 24 hours/day, so I think it is using dynamic IP instead of static. But yea, as you said, if I browse using my office computer, the keep logged in function works normally.

So if I wanted to keep logged it then I should use proxy? Is it how MAL website works? Because I doesn't have any other websites troubling me with the keep logged in function at home except MAL. :(
Apr 16, 2014 10:23 PM

Oct 2009
sarkh said:
Actually I am using a USB broadband to browse MAL at home (I only have broadband plan currently, no other optons), and the broadband isn't connected to the net 24 hours/day, so I think it is using dynamic IP instead of static. But yea, as you said, if I browse using my office computer, the keep logged in function works normally.

Every time you change your IP, you get logged out (for some users more often and no one knows why).

sarkh said:
so I think it is using dynamic IP instead of static

Well you may always check that. Note your IP, then reconnect and compare new IP with the old one

sarkh said:
So if I wanted to keep logged it then I should use proxy?

Well even in case with proxy, the proxy IP still must remain the same. Some users can't login to MAL at all without proxy
SerhiykoApr 16, 2014 10:35 PM
Apr 17, 2014 3:30 AM

Nov 2013
Serhiyko said:

Every time you change your IP, you get logged out (for some users more often and no one knows why).

Well you may always check that. Note your IP, then reconnect and compare new IP with the old one

Well even in case with proxy, the proxy IP still must remain the same. Some users can't login to MAL at all without proxy

Yup, I checked and my WAN IP changes every time when I switch the broadband on. (My phone also the same, so the keep logged in feature is not working too)

Well, thanks for the tips, I will look into the options you gave me. But I think it's MAL limitation that the keep logged in feature are based on IP address.
sanderzApr 17, 2014 11:21 PM

More topics from this board

» ishinashi has 300 alt accounts and counting ( 1 2 3 )

deg - Jun 16, 2023

127 by Spunkert »»
2 hours ago

» Backup

Vapor_AU - Yesterday

1 by pichipichiHiro »»
12 hours ago

Sticky: » Inactive Username Request Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Sep 21, 2015

3368 by L2Dragon »»
Yesterday, 6:35 PM

» MAL Export

Devileeee - Sep 25, 2023

3 by zororo12 »»
Apr 23, 3:52 AM

» Problem with API OAuth2 Authentication Login

bidgetfoss_4000 - Apr 23

0 by bidgetfoss_4000 »»
Apr 23, 3:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.