Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 16, 2013 9:18 PM

Jun 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nothing really that complicated going on here but it's really elevated by the execution; the sense of mystery that's built up by keeping information away from the audience and the unhurried pace. Unfortunately, that peaks at around the 15-minute mark and the rest of the episode isn't nearly as good. Lupin going to this much effort to help this woman he had yet to meet, and even offer her half his takings, is tough to believe. It's even harder to imagine the others going along with it. It also makes Jigen's comment about not spoiling the plan to help her senseless; the plan was to help her.

I briefly thought that Lupin really had played Sarah for a fool when he got her to fire her gun out the window. Lupin being as much of a jerk as that would have been pretty interesting, actually, and the fact that he would have ruined the murder through the theft would have softened that a bit, anyway.
Jul 23, 2014 4:15 AM

Oct 2009
Lyrical atmosphere made it somewhat good episode (one of the best so far, actually)

Fronzel said:
It's even harder to imagine the others going along with it.

Not so much Jigen and especially Goemon as Fujiko. I was surprised she returned to Lupin and gang with the VTR in the first place, but for her to agree to split it with someone else? No way. I guess that's where a drawback of long-runners comes into play when characters must play roles written for a single episode which ignore character development throughout the series for the sake of better story
Feb 17, 2018 11:06 PM

Jan 2012
In which Lupin plays bartender and avenger for a young woman whose father was murdered. I really liked this episode. In addition to the gang coming together for a noble cause, and some gold, the atmosphere was very strong. Almost had a sort of noir feeling throughout. Good stuff, but I was so interested in it I never really took any screengrabs again. Oh well.
Mar 23, 2019 6:12 AM

Oct 2012
Is this the first time Fujiko fake betrayal ever happen?

Awww Lupin just "saved" Xera's life by stealing those gold
See? Not all women gold digger like Fujiko xD
She should have use the gold to open the bar again though, could symbolize that she shouldn't forget the place (and person) that saved her life

Pretty nice episode I like the long "con" by being bartender, the heroine & villain meeting, and Fujiko's fake betrayal
Simple but cleverly written episode
"Signature removed"
Aug 9, 2019 8:38 AM

Sep 2011
I loved this one a lot, it might be my favorite from this part so far. A staged tale of revenge with the whole team working together? Sign me up! I doubt it was easy for that woman after she lost her father like that, but I loved that Lupin gave her justice without the need of dirtying her hands. Fujiko was one great actress here too, as usual, thankfully that man was rotten to the core and played right into their hands. I also loved the mood and atmosphere of this one, it was really good!
Feb 20, 2021 11:45 PM

Feb 2012
A simple plot but great style. Also this felt much more 80s than most of the series, reminding me of some mid 80s detective films. Also one of those episodes where the writer largely discarded the character histories, as the behaviour of characters was affected more by the plot than what Lupin & the gang are like normally. The approach has become more common in this series, with mixed results. Usually it's been a failure, but here it worked pretty well.

Also the soundtrack was better than normally, with a return of the kind of musical cues and a range of styles that made Part II so memorable.
Apr 4, 2022 9:05 PM

Oct 2018
- This just in Goemon has never eaten a burger in his life.
- Classic 4D chess play by Lupin. Even I got swerved by the Fujiko "betrayal"
~Spiritual Healing~

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lupin III: Part III Episode 1 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Aug 19, 2011

21 by SourNote2014 »»
Mar 3, 1:43 AM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part III Episode 10 Discussion

animefan8800 - Feb 16, 2018

4 by kur0_42 »»
Feb 19, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part III Episode 5 Discussion

animefan8800 - Feb 15, 2018

6 by kur0_42 »»
Feb 14, 9:15 AM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part III Episode 2 Discussion

Serhiyko - Jun 3, 2014

9 by Drozdz8000 »»
Sep 12, 2023 11:48 AM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part III Episode 13 Discussion

-Adam- - Mar 23, 2013

16 by SourNote2014 »»
Jun 7, 2023 6:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.