Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 15, 2013 8:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Gintaro no baka~

Lol looks like Yumi has her eyes on someone again. I thought the episode was good. Hell ya, the driver is back. I missed him from one of the previous episodes.
Dec 15, 2013 10:30 AM

Sep 2011
I don't care if I'm alone in saying this and if he only gets a little screen time but Tatsuo is my favorite character in this show.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 15, 2013 11:14 AM

Aug 2010
ColdXClue said:
I don't care if I'm alone in saying this and if he only gets a little screen time but Tatsuo is my favorite character in this show.

I don't think ur the only one ^^

The dude is awesome and now that we know a bit about his past, leaving the family business because he fell in love with a Miko. Now that's something I wouldn't mind a flashback ep about. Too bad nxt is the last one :(

As for the ep. Such a relaxing episode this was. Easily one of my favs if not the fav of this series. Loved the interactions between Makoto's family. So much fun :D
Lol'd at Tamaki. Groping Makoto's ass lol XD

Gin was awesome as usual too hehe. He's gotten used to this XD...I love the way he always defends Tatsuo. If only we could get flashbacks for that :(
Dec 15, 2013 11:18 AM

Oct 2013
Ah! Next week final. It'd be nice if this has more in-depth on shrine stuff.

Papa and mama's love was really romantic!!
Dec 15, 2013 11:19 AM

Jul 2010
Woah, dat punch to the stomach o.o
Hyuga Junpei: “Yeah… I’m confident… Because my teammates will help me out! I can shoot confidently.. because it will be okay even if I miss!”

Kagami Taiga: “I don’t know about being the bad guy or whatever. It’s only in stories where titles like that decide the loser. This is our show. We’re the ones who are writing the script.”
Dec 15, 2013 11:32 AM

May 2013
Good episode. Surprised that Makoto's dad didn't get mad at his friend for grabbing her butt, unless he never saw it.

Funabashi blushing is kinda cute too.
Dec 15, 2013 12:30 PM
Oct 2012
babymilo91 said:
Good episode. Surprised that Makoto's dad didn't get mad at his friend for grabbing her butt, unless he never saw it.

No doubt he saw it, that was what Yoshitomo meant by "taking responsibility" and the father said "isn't that good".

The Japanese are far more casual, i.e. far less uptight, than the west on such things, particularly when everyone involved (including Makoto) know full well that it is a joke (that Makoto was not bothered was evident by her running up to him and throwing herself into his arms in the first place). In this case, Yoshitomo is far more than even her father's best friend, he is like a family member (this is shown in the way Estuko treated him, while she may have seemed a bit mean, their relationship is like older sister/younger brother and because of this she has the right to treat him like a younger brother). Japanese social relationships have a lot of these concentric inside/outside relationships, and depending on where you fall there is certain rights and responsibilities involved. In this case Yoshitomo's butt grabbing would have been on par if a brother had done it to his sister as a joke. No one would have thought anything about it.

Edit: Actually in thinking about it, I think Yoshitomo is actually Makoto's uncle. He is either her mother's younger brother, or younger adopted brother (probably the latter).
Takuan_SohoDec 15, 2013 1:33 PM
Dec 15, 2013 4:30 PM

Oct 2013
It looks like Hiwako might end up Makoto's step mom! She seems to have fallen hard for Tatsuo, something that was alluded to in previous episodes, but this one takes the cake.

Seeing the shrine preparations was interesting and the completed wreath and arch were very cool.

Really I would enjoy another two seasons of Gingitsune. At least until Makoto and her friends graduate. The show is tranquil and endearing. Though I like it very much, it depresses me a little by reminding me that I have lived an almost entirely evil life. Ha ha ha.
Dec 15, 2013 5:04 PM

Aug 2013
redtailrav said:
It looks like Hiwako might end up Makoto's step mom! She seems to have fallen hard for Tatsuo, something that was alluded to in previous episodes, but this one takes the cake.

I LOL'd at Makoto and Yumi using Hiwako's gasp to determine that Yoshitomo had lost the battle for the maiden's heart.
Dec 15, 2013 5:44 PM

Jul 2012
Well the festival begins next episode looking forward to it.

Great episode!!!
Dec 15, 2013 7:31 PM
Aug 2011
Makoto's voice was kind of grating in this episode.

ColdXClue said:

He's subtle but rather awesome.
Dec 15, 2013 9:06 PM
Mar 2011
hopefully there is another season. this flew under the radar for me and i really love it
"....i am the villain in this story"
Dec 16, 2013 1:52 AM
Sep 2012
That ass grab and that uppercut. LOL

Good episode. Too bad that this show will end next week.
Dec 16, 2013 6:14 AM

Jul 2012
I wonder if this show will get a season two. It should get one.

ColdXClue said:

Same
Dec 16, 2013 8:08 AM

Jul 2008
Damn, I sure hope we get another season!

redtailrav said:

Yeah, but somehow I don't see Tatsuo accepting her love ^^;
Dec 16, 2013 9:15 AM

Apr 2013
A beautiful story.
Good episode.
Dec 16, 2013 9:24 AM

Aug 2012
Really nice episode. Tatsuos friend was funny. One more to go.
Dec 16, 2013 9:32 AM

May 2013
Nayrael said:
Damn, I sure hope we get another season!

redtailrav said:

Yeah, but somehow I don't see Tatsuo accepting her love ^^;

I do not see Hiwako marrying Tatsuo, but that does not mean he might not be her first experience. Tatsuo does not seem the kind of man that mourns his wife 24x7, so a bit of hanky panky with an intelligent and classy female is healthy for everyone involved (albeit I can clearly imagine Haru's face if she witness sex "They are animals Gintarou, worst than animals, they are flithy beasts!!!" ^^;
Dec 16, 2013 3:03 PM

Sep 2013
Another great episode

I found it odd that Tatsuo changed his last name since its normaly opposite.

Funabashi's blushing was cute as always.
Dec 16, 2013 3:38 PM
Oct 2012
Aggron said:
Another great episode

I found it odd that Tatsuo changed his last name since its normaly opposite.

Think of Japanese families as akin to corporations. When the heir to a family is a female, what happens is that her husband merges into the family, taking her name and inheriting the family's assets. Etsuko's husband probably took her name when she married him since he would be taking over the family assets. Tatsuo, in marrying out of the family pretty much gave up on the family's wealth (though the parents can still leave him something, generally speaking most of the assets goes to the inheritor.

This episode implied a lot of things, that Makoto's mother was sick and did not leave the house much, makes me think that Yoshitomo was slated to take over the shrine should she die without having an heir (in Japan these things, be so important, are planned years in advanced). This is probably why he was trained as a priest. He also was probably responsible for introducing Tetsuo to his wife, effectively meaning that he cut himself out of his own inheritance.

That Yoshitomo was a priest at the shrine is clear in that he named his own bar after Gintaro; it was also implied in how he was sad when Makoto talked about the heralds (which, since he wasn't the offiical heir, meant he could not see Ginatro even had he took over the shrine.
Dec 17, 2013 7:54 AM

Sep 2009
omg.. so much happened in this episode and I really like it. It's so sad to end this early :'( This has been one of my fav. this season... why good anime end so fast? :((

Funabashi is so cute when she always blushed. I don't mind is she and Tatsuo will end up with each other :D Tatsou is a good man, after all!

Gintaro no baka~ :P
Dec 17, 2013 9:58 AM

Aug 2013
lol I'll make her my bride xD
Another great relaxing episode :3!!!
Sad that it ends next week :"|

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Dec 17, 2013 1:27 PM

Jun 2013
...going to end soon, hmm?

Wonderful episode. Loved the series. Time to say farewell, gintaro-sama. *bows*
Dec 17, 2013 3:19 PM

Dec 2008
I'll be your bride, Tatsuo. But, I think Funabyashi might beat me to it.

Sent with Mal Updater
Dec 17, 2013 6:52 PM

Oct 2011
I can't believe next week is the last episode T___T
Dec 19, 2013 10:15 AM

Oct 2009
Another sweet episode :)
Second season unlikely D;
Dec 19, 2013 12:50 PM

Aug 2012
Makoto was so damn cute in this episode, also dat ass grabbing. It'd be great if Tatsuo could give Funabashi more attention, hehehe... I really loved this episode, most of the characters gathered and had fun together.

2nd SEASON PLEASE T___T

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Dec 21, 2013 12:25 AM

Jun 2012
Nice episode ^^

5/5.

Dec 22, 2013 10:43 AM

Jan 2008
OH SHIZZLES TATSUO IS FRIENDS WITH SANJI HOW COOL CAN HE BE
Edit. Ah, he's even part of the family! Nice!
Edit. Ah, no, it was only a manner of speech.
Dec 23, 2013 11:36 AM

Jan 2013
Enjoyable episode. 5/5
Dec 26, 2013 9:48 AM

Jul 2010
Men work and women go to shopping, that's it.
Anyway Tatsuo is such a good character.
Jan 6, 2014 7:48 AM

Apr 2013
Relaxing as always.
Jan 8, 2014 2:48 PM

Nov 2010
Ah how typical, the guys do the hard labor work while the girls go out to chill and buy pantsu
It's a nice setup for the upcoming finale

sadly
Feb 8, 2014 7:08 PM

May 2012
Pretty lovely episode, I really like where this is going and I do wonder what the last episode has to offer us!
Mar 28, 2014 8:42 AM
May 2012
Ahhh, Anime like this always makes me think about my life and what life is, that's why I like it <3 Thank you Anime ^^
Yeah, while the boys are working hard at the shrine, them girls are eating and buying pantsu ahahaha.
I think this is the first time I saw Gintaro inside the house watching TV.
New characters this episode and they are fun.
That ass grope hmmm and that punch ahahaha.
Funabashi blushing *o* I think she just has a crush on Tatsuo, but I don't mind since Tatsuo is my man and he is a great guy.
Tatsuo fought for their love and that is romantic. I want to see how it happened, flashback please T^T
Next episode is last T_T
Apr 12, 2014 11:13 PM

Jun 2011
1lau said:

It's a nice setup for the upcoming finale

My thought exactly.

Oh, and Sanji in another pervert character. :)
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 1, 2014 6:58 AM

Mar 2014
Preparation for the upcoming Purification ceremony ~ !! .. Shrines festivals .. looking forward !!
"Live to be a thousand years old .." It sounds promising ~ Wreath for eternal cleansing ~ !!
Pretty Great Episode !!! May all have a propitious future ahead ~ !!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 29, 2015 9:31 AM

Nov 2011
Nice and quiet this episode, we take a step forward in our understanding of the relationship of Makoto and his Father, pleasant but why only now?
I wonder if the story of friends Makoto will change now that they know some background, it would be interesting.
I wonder if you declare Funabashi.
Not bad designs and the atmosphere that reigned during the narration, what a pity that you have already completed this TV series.
May 11, 2015 9:38 PM

Jan 2012
This was probably one of the most peaceful and relaxing episodes yet. I really enjoyed the look into Makoto and her dad's family. The more I watch the more I see of myself in Gintaro. :D
Jul 7, 2015 4:01 PM

Jul 2009
Ah, good episode! Tatsuo is a really great character :) Nice to see some new faces too - his older sister, his old friend (who is hilarious XD) and not to mention everyone coming together. Funabashi blushing was awesome! ;P That's one HUGE wreath ... pretty cool though. Plus nice to learn a bit more about Makoto's parents as well. Not to mention Tatsuo's family :O
Good setup for next episode - summer cleansing! Hmm, seems around the right time for that for me too ;P Hope it ends well!
Sep 5, 2015 10:54 PM

Aug 2007
I kinda wish they did more with this series. I felt they had so much opportunity, but did little with it. It's a shame since I really like the cast.

Nov 14, 2023 3:30 PM
Aug 2022
It's 11, and this show has nothing to do with Gingitsune, lol.
In fact all he does is to put up with them boring drama or awkward perverted shit and pretend to sleep, lmfao my man.

I don't get the maiden mom shenanigans.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gingitsune Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2013

91 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 15, 2023 2:07 AM

Poll: » Gingitsune Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2013

51 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 14, 2023 2:45 PM

Poll: » Gingitsune Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2013

58 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 14, 2023 1:46 PM

Poll: » Gingitsune Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2013

51 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 14, 2023 1:21 PM

Poll: » Gingitsune Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2013

58 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 14, 2023 12:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.