Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 14, 2013 4:58 AM

Oct 2013
Vladz0r said:
-Riptide- said:
julyan04 said:
^sadly nope.
But was it good? Was it at least on par with:

Considering that had such QUALITY where he's reaching out and grabbing in the air and I laughed at that scene, I'd say yes. It doesn't really matter because of how poorly built done the show was overall, and how little buildup there is in the anime compared to the VN. Can't tell if people will feel for Kyousuke with the way they handled him in the show.

What I mean is was the emotional impact as good as that of Angel Beats! or better? A lot of people cried at the final scene of AB! and I was wondering if this episode will receive the same reaction ep 13 of AB! did when it aired.
Dec 14, 2013 5:04 AM
Jun 2013
Vladz0r said:
Ah well. In the end, I guess Kyousuke was the only character JC cared about then.
His part was exceptional and magical.

That is quite bad, because on that scene at least i prefered Masato part more than Kyousuke, but well, i'm still waiting for watch it
Dec 14, 2013 5:08 AM

Oct 2013
Wow. That... that was so painful to watch ;____;
New on Myanimelist.
Dec 14, 2013 5:08 AM

Sep 2012
Angel Beats at least built up an atmosphere in its last episode.
I highly doubt the score will even change much after this episode
I'm thinking it might end with an 8.3 max.
Up until Kyousuke's scene, it felt pretty mediocre. JC copying the diologue 1:1 without Key directing the voices really derped it.
I hope Egnaro makes another one of those videos or something.
A few of my friends are Masato lovers, but I doubt they'll feel anything over this.

I just can't sleep atm.
Dec 14, 2013 5:12 AM

Jan 2011
Wow, I liked this episode though.
Really, congrats to the seiyuus and the OST.
Dec 14, 2013 5:13 AM

Aug 2012
-Riptide- said:
Vladz0r said:
-Riptide- said:
julyan04 said:
^sadly nope.
But was it good? Was it at least on par with:

Considering that had such QUALITY where he's reaching out and grabbing in the air and I laughed at that scene, I'd say yes. It doesn't really matter because of how poorly built done the show was overall, and how little buildup there is in the anime compared to the VN. Can't tell if people will feel for Kyousuke with the way they handled him in the show.

What I mean is was the emotional impact as good as that of Angel Beats! or better? A lot of people cried at the final scene of AB! and I was wondering if this episode will receive the same reaction ep 13 of AB! did when it aired.

I think this is better.

This may be a bit biased cuz I didn't shed a single tear when I watched AB! while on LB!... well... yeah...
Don't get me wrong, AB!'s final episode was painful to watch, but it didn't push me to this emotion I'm having right now thanks to the fast pacing of AB!...

Thankfully though, we will be getting an AB! VN next year.
Dec 14, 2013 5:15 AM
Jun 2011
yes i also think little busters was have more emotional impact then angel beats in this episode
Dec 14, 2013 5:16 AM

Oct 2013
Vladz0r said:
Up until Kyousuke's scene, it felt pretty mediocre. JC copying the diologue 1:1 without Key directing the voices really derped it.
A few of my friends are Masato lovers, but I doubt they'll feel anything over this.

I just can't sleep atm.

Add me in those Masato lovers cause hes my favorite character of the show. Plus he's farewell was the only scene where I teared up even after repeating the scene several times.

If what you people said was true about the majority of the episode being mediocre, then I guess JC Staff wasn't able to pull a miracle and make this episode the best anime episode ever created. At least it was better than AB!'s farewell scene according from you people. That's good enough for me.

Anyway, I'm out. If only my dormitory don't have curfew.... I hope to watch this episode tomorrow.
-Riptide-Dec 14, 2013 5:21 AM
Dec 14, 2013 5:19 AM

Sep 2013
For Angel Beats, I cried tears and tears for Yui's and Kanade's farewells. Especially Yui. But Little Busters, the Visual Novel I cried more then AB but, the Anime adaptation.. not so much.
Dec 14, 2013 5:20 AM

Sep 2012
I guess Kyousuke's part is still objectibely better, even in the Butcher Staff version. Kanade and Otonashi's scene felt forced. Even on a rewatch, Otonashi loving Kanade felt too perfect. Kanade telling him to say those last words seemed even more scripted, like if Maeda left out a chunk of the story and shoehorned the scene into the anime anyway. The graduation was much better imo.

Still, AB had consistently better comedy and more likable charactersin anime vs. anime, so I can't see LB topping Angel Beats unless the viewer values the more realistic and developed characters(LB) oover AB.
LB clearly loses in terms of building a great atmosphere and being enjoyable.

Still praying for a remake some day, because most of the issues were pacing, animation, drama execution. They figured out how to make LB into an anime, but had little budget when it was needed, and really bad directing. I'm not sure who thought Masato's scene in the anime would be good, or even representative of what it was supposed to be like. The show is just going through the motions without any consciously aware person in charge of keeping things in order.
Vladz0rDec 14, 2013 5:24 AM
Dec 14, 2013 5:22 AM

Dec 2012
-Riptide- said:
Vladz0r said:

I just can't sleep atm.

Add me in those Masato lovers cause hes my favorite character of the show. Plus he's farewell was the only scene where I teared up even after repeating the scene several times.

If what you people said was true about the majority of the episode being mediocre, then I guess JC Staff wasn't able to pull a miracle and make this episode that best thing ever created.

I disagree with this episode being 'mediocre'. Hell, watching it, I was already tearing up before they even got to Masato's goodbye. Not only that, but Kengo's goodbye was great as well. His voice actor did an amazing job and he sounded in so much more pain than he did in the VN. He was screaming and yelling in agony here. And I have the exact same to say here about Kyousuke. Kyousuke's goodbye was absolute magic. His face, his movements and my god the voice acting. I never thought I'd hear sounds like that from Kyousuke, even from playing the VN. Then the whole world falling apart and the lights flying all over the place and then everything fading away and everything. I thought this was a fantastic episode and it was really worth the wait.

Although, saying all this, I think episode 12 is going to be the best episode of the lot. I think the anime's built up for that moment much more than they have for this and I think that'll be the episode to blow away. Hell, now that I play over the VN, I tear up more at that part than I do at The Boys' Farewell.
Dec 14, 2013 5:24 AM

Sep 2013
And if Angel Beats, gets a Season 2 (Might be years from that) as the Visual Novels are coming out in Volumes 1-6, so I can see AB having a shit long Visual Novel. Then it will sky rocket and beat Little Busters score even more. JC Staff just didn't make Little Busters into the awesome VN it is supposed to be.
Dec 14, 2013 5:28 AM

Aug 2008
Yeah key is kind of random at making convincing romances and Angel Beats was not one of them. It was cute, but not believable. Angel Beats was kind of a mess in general, Little Busters is just a little too focused on events over character exposition but I wouldn't call it a mess.

My gf is gonna be crying all day after this episode when she wakes up that's for sure.

Though someone please spoil for me that Rin didn't react how she did in the VN right?
Dec 14, 2013 5:31 AM

Dec 2012
hyperknees91 said:
Yeah key is kind of random at making convincing romances and Angel Beats was not one of them. It was cute, but not believable. Angel Beats was kind of a mess in general, Little Busters is just a little too focused on events over character exposition but I wouldn't call it a mess.

My gf is gonna be crying all day after this episode when she wakes up that's for sure.

Though someone please spoil for me that Rin didn't react how she did in the VN right?

No she didn't. She was still somewhat confused, but she wasn't really saying things like 'Where'd those two idiots go?' or not giving any kind of a shit. She actually seemed kind of worried along with confused.
Dec 14, 2013 5:32 AM

Sep 2012
Good luck making a season 2 with his AB ended. It would need a remake, but the way Maeda wrote theVN, it's going to need to be rewritten for anime in case of said remake because he's bringing back the route system. It won't have characters all with their story arcs woven into the anime, and you can't really just add them on and call it a second season without starting the story from the beginning. Also, the changes to Otonashi's personality Maeda is doing in the VN will lead to inconsistencies if it's not remade.

Idk, if you bring all your emotions to the LB episode, it's fine I guess. IIt's definitely not amazing just because you read the VN and cried to the anime. Anime-only viewers don't care about the characters nearly as much as a VN player would, and this episode didn't have great stand-alone dramatic execution to make up for the lack of emotional attachment. Thus, I find it to be not amazing. Maybe not mediocre, but this isn't something that will change a lot of people's views on the series as dramatically as Refrain did in the VN.
Dec 14, 2013 5:33 AM

Aug 2008
Well then this scene is already going to be miles better than the VN for me wooo.
Dec 14, 2013 6:11 AM

Sep 2011
Well, I'm pretty content with this episode.
Dec 14, 2013 6:14 AM

Oct 2010
Wow, this episode...

I forgot how evil Little Busters! was for using such a sad song as Haruka Kanata on a scene like this.

Blame me, but I think the part in which Kyousuke cries and Riki and Rin start running was way more intense in the anime than in the game, which is good. I really got more feels than I expected when Kyousuke started crying.

The final scene with Kyousuke and the other members appearing was also pretty good.

However, I actually expected the episode to end
Dec 14, 2013 6:30 AM

Mar 2011
Little busters episode 11 was a great success. I just love this episode

Well, the impact of VN is far heavier than the impact of Anime

Overall, as I said, it's a good episode luckily we don't need any Little busters 2006...
Dec 14, 2013 6:46 AM

Mar 2013
http://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/a/image/1355/33/1355330658499.gif < Me while Kengo and Kyousuke were crying.

Oh god, too much suffering in this episode Q.Q
Dec 14, 2013 6:52 AM

Sep 2011
I liked this, especially after Faraway (Haruka Kanata) started. Felt like it was missing something despite pretty much 1:1 adaptation though.
"Now's the time for you to run towards the day you awaken from this dream."

~Boys be Smile
Dec 14, 2013 7:34 AM

Sep 2008
OMG! OMG! OMG! THIS IS SO ASDFGHJKL~
I have some many feelings right now!
I still have tears in my eyes... ;(

I love Key's anime!

Can't wait to see next episode!
I hope after all there will be good ending for everyone!
They can't be dead till the end!

Kyousuke (*3*)
The best chara from LB! *.*
Dec 14, 2013 7:35 AM

Aug 2008
Man I just feel so...depressed now...crap man...I need to go watch something relaxing right about now.

I still wish Rin reacted a little more, but I think she was just more confused if anything. Still not distracting or anything, but it would have been nice.
hyperknees91Dec 14, 2013 7:39 AM
Dec 14, 2013 7:37 AM

Jul 2010
i M c RYING, n O w HY t HIS h APPEN i c ANT e VEEEEEN

Okay, I need to calm down, today is my graduation's party so I can't allow to an anime ruin my day...

NO I CAN'T STOP THE TEARS SOMEONE HUG ME, AAAAAAAAAA.
Dec 14, 2013 7:42 AM
Nov 2013
Kyosuke's VA is pretty good.
Dec 14, 2013 7:46 AM

Dec 2012
Best episode of Little busters~Refrain~ ever. It was sad everyone is leaving. The last part with Kyouske saw everyone in the classroom. I was shaking the whole time with this episode. And I re-played the farwell part in the visual novel right before this to get prepare for this episode. I'm gald that they kept Karuka Kanata (Faraway) not replace it with a different ost. Sayonara Little Busters! :(
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.
Dec 14, 2013 7:57 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Thank god they actually nailed it. The most crucial part of the story lived up to the original at least I'd say, at least the feels were definitely up there just like they were in the VN (still wouldn't say they were AS high, but as good as I could have hoped for).

Well done on this JC, hats off to you. Made me teary eyed. (and I never truly cry at sad stuffs so that says something)
Dec 14, 2013 7:58 AM

May 2013
Damn that was so sad. Cried so much this episode. :(

Feb 2013
Many manly tears were had...
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!

Aug 2010
Wonderfully adapted. But for some reason some parts had less impact than VN O_o? I don't know why. Still loved it and an easy 5/5 :D...too bad I don't see the overall rating of the series increasing by much. It was really great but didn't reach stellar level ^^

I loved the Kyousuke monologue so much. The start with how he was talking about each one of them one by one was really emotionally :*(

Masato's disappearance was nice but I thought it could've been done better. To tell the truth it was the farewell I cried most at in the VNs. Even more than Kyousuke's.
It was emotional here but slightly lacking ^^;...Masato is such an awesome character though. I still can't believe he knew everything and was acting all that time XD Dude is BOSS! A Lovable idiot :D

Kengo's was pretty much the same as the VNs so that was good.

Great seeing how strong Riki has become. Accepting the truth like that. He's really grown so much ^^...Dat Home-Run :D

Kyousuke's was really well done. I teared up when he started crying TT__TT
Best character no doubt. Loved his walk around the school and the class scene with the others from LB :)

Well nxt ep should be tense. Can't wait to see how they'll adapt it. It should be awesome :D

Good job JC. U did well. I don't see what they could have done to make it even better so bravo.
Barion-ZaraDec 14, 2013 8:02 AM
Dec 14, 2013 8:00 AM

Sep 2013
Episode was good, Dem farewells had me, but not as in so many tears like u guys "experienced" lol. I barely cry during emotional scene's in anime :P but yea Tears were produced but not much.

Next Episode will be sad~
Dec 14, 2013 8:01 AM

Aug 2008
-Riptide- said:
You guys are so lucky you already watch it. I still have to wait 9 hours because its night time here and my dormitory have curfew. College life sucks!

In the mean time, was it the best episode JC Staff ever created?

It's pretty close.

The best episode they ever created is probably episode 5 or 6 of honey and clover 2 if you ask me.
Dec 14, 2013 8:02 AM
Jul 2013
40 5/5 to 1 4/5
Dec 14, 2013 8:05 AM

Sep 2011
Kyousuke ...

Sasuga JC Staff...

is it just me or the timing of Haruka Kanata is a bit off when Kyousuke started to cry?
Dec 14, 2013 8:06 AM

Jun 2009
This episode was so good, but.... I don't know why but during farewells I felt that something is lacking.
Still when Kyousuke started crying my heart broke. So sad... T_T
Dec 14, 2013 8:06 AM

Sep 2011
Limechan said:

However, I actually expected the episode to end

Yeah I really thought that. That would be more intense than anything.

Anyway, I dunno but I suddenly get interested on how will they handle the end of the world

Dec 14, 2013 8:08 AM
Jul 2012
Stark700 said:
On a % scale, how faithful was that to the VN?
Overall the anime has been pretty faithful in terms of story but they lacked comedy and random events from the VN. But this episode was pretty much nailed perfectly.
Dec 14, 2013 8:10 AM
Jun 2013
Well, for me this episode is 4/5, is very good adapted except one thing, when Masato leaves it totally destroyed me in the VN, i couldn't stop cry because is my favourite character on LB, and here on the anime it didn't give me the same impact...
because that ''moe'' Masato, Masato is serious in this scene, not moe.

One of my favourites CG VN , dont open if you haven't seen yet episode 11. http://imgur.com/wlnmhFY
Dec 14, 2013 8:11 AM

Dec 2011
Man, Kyousuke's voice was so damn heartbreaking while he cried, even more than in the VN. GJ Midorikawa-sama.

Barion-Zara said:

I loved the Kyousuke monologue so much. The start with how he was talking about each one of them one by one was really emotionally :*(

This. Fucking.This ;_;
When his monologue start really got me emotional.
BunnerzDec 14, 2013 8:15 AM
Dec 14, 2013 8:13 AM

Apr 2010
-Riptide- said:
In the mean time, was it the best episode JC Staff ever created?

Its my favorite anime episode ever now so I'd say so.

Dec 14, 2013 8:18 AM

Oct 2012
Kyousuke ;_;
I Wish they handled Masato's scene better, though Kyousuke's parting more than made up for it. Great episode.
Dec 14, 2013 8:20 AM

Mar 2011
Gitah-Muttan said:
is it just me or the timing of Haruka Kanata is a bit off when Kyousuke started to cry?

Not just you, I was waiting for the music to fade in when he turns... but nope

Also, why Masato's scene not so touchy? why wasn't there Haruka Kanata????
Dec 14, 2013 8:22 AM

Jan 2011
My face during Kyousuke's breakdown (or the entire episode, rather) https://31.media.tumblr.com/358bdc5184cfda81e5cd62362e6da430/tumblr_mxt1dxFXkH1qelmfeo1_400.gif
Dec 14, 2013 8:22 AM
Apr 2010
hhmm
i don't know why, but... iexpected more from this episode.
i'm not a VN reader, just from what i heard and u all wrote i thought i'd cry my eyes out like a little girl
don't take me wrong, it was a great episode. was painful to watch them leaving, especially Kengo.
but was lacking something, or maybe i wasn't into characters too deep to cry there
whats wrong with me?
Dec 14, 2013 8:24 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
ZMEI said:
whats wrong with me?
ur a robot
Dec 14, 2013 8:28 AM

Mar 2011
HaXXspetten said:
ZMEI said:
whats wrong with me?
ur a robot

In VN before I started crying, I've rendered stoned and speechless for a while. It was quite a great shock
lightningfalconDec 14, 2013 8:32 AM
Dec 14, 2013 8:35 AM

Sep 2011
theKDL said:
Gitah-Muttan said:

YES! EXACTLY! That fade is needed to amplify the feels!!
Dec 14, 2013 8:41 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Gitah-Muttan said:
theKDL said:
Gitah-Muttan said:

YES! EXACTLY! That fade is needed to amplify the feels!!
I thought the fading of all the characters was a bit too sudden really, was like someone snapped their fingers and they weren't there anymore instead of fading out over a few seconds
Dec 14, 2013 8:44 AM

Aug 2011
Oh my god someone help me I can't do this I'm bawling like a baby KYOUSUKEEEE UGHGHGHASkdlfasdf./ I NEVER ASKED FOR THIS LIFE AHGASKDFL UGHH
LaciieDec 14, 2013 8:47 AM
Dec 14, 2013 8:52 AM

Sep 2008
I think everyone after this episode need...

*group hug*
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2013

538 by PepegasLand »»
Apr 19, 12:46 PM

» Is it likely Little Busters Refrain will reach top 5 in MAL? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Oct 3, 2013

308 by polarbeararmy »»
Apr 16, 8:53 AM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2013

391 by Remurst »»
Apr 9, 2:48 AM

» How good?

kam1n0 - Dec 12, 2021

21 by Donkunsan »»
Apr 2, 2023 3:39 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sycheras - Nov 9, 2013

371 by kusanagi_ZFG »»
Feb 22, 2023 10:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.