Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 13, 2013 9:05 PM

Jul 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Great mystery. Nice suspense. I liked the tricks the culprit used.

Now, I'm still wondering... How did Reona get those poisonous spiders in the first place? And how did she drop the key into the chimney without anyone seeing it? I thought someone was monitoring the fireplace 24/7.
Apr 5, 2014 4:56 PM
Mar 2011
Why was even the inspector moe? The faces looked weird after watching the tv episodes. I didn't understand the mystery of the remote candle control and why the blood leading to the hidden door... In order to make everything solved? In the end they didn't help him to get out, but waited several hours only in order to give him the chance to chat with the murderer. So in the end I still don't understand what was the purpose of this episode. It doesn't really look like a mystery story at all, more like a shoujo story.
Nov 23, 2017 4:50 AM
Jul 2011
Well, 3 years and half later.
@naens
the mystery of the remote candle control

It was a timed mechanism.
Ice drys, balloon with heavier that air gas changes position and punctures, gas slowly extinguishes candles one by one, creating illusion that there was a person inside the tower: The Phantom.

why the blood leading to the hidden door

The door leads under the stage, and there is exit into a cave, that leads to the sea where the mask of The Phantom was floating.
False clue that the murder committed suicide after the act.

In the end they didn't help him to get out, but waited several hours

They waited the fire to die out or maybe the firemen to arrive on boat. Such rescue operation could be dangerous without equipment/knowledge for both victims and rescuers.

But I agree that the story was ropy in many moments.

like a shoujo story

Almost every Kindaichi story is heavy on the drama.
Nov 6, 2018 10:48 PM

Oct 2012
RIP innocent tarantulas
I already suspicious the moment she found tarantula and tell someone to throw it into fire
Almost like calculated

Ooh that dry ice trick though.. I loved it xD

Kindaichi really knew how to wrap it up
If this was harem anime, he would have +1 harem member xD
"Signature removed"
Nov 26, 2019 2:55 PM

Jul 2011
Dry ice is very common in detective tricks.
I was surprised I saw the entire old anime without it being used a single time, but not anymore !

I was suspicous of her since the tarantula incident (as a spider lover, that hurts !), since she was pretty much the only one who could have planted them and then "found" them.
Apr 2, 2022 8:06 PM

Oct 2018
The production team really likes the opera case. I was never a big fan of the original one, so I guess this wouldn't have appealed to me anyway and honestly, it was fine, I really don't like the modern character designs although it's probably because of how much I am used to the 90s designs, so it's mainly my fault here.
Nov 12, 2022 8:07 PM

Dec 2015
Mayuka said:
And how did she drop the key into the chimney without anyone seeing it? I thought someone was monitoring the fireplace 24/7.

She dropped it from above (from the roof) into the chimney, and wrapped it in paper to cover the sound when the key hit the chimney bottom. With the fire sparkling, nobody would notice the key falling down.

Was this already the 3rd Phantom of the Opera reference in the Kindaichi series? And I have the feeling that I have seen that opera house owner that looked like Tsukikage before. Not sure if it was in one of the previous Phantom of the Opera cases.

/edit The Gendo Ikari-alike director also seemed somehow familiar from the Kindaichi series.
EstefanNov 13, 2022 6:34 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo Specials Episode 2 Discussion

Mayuka - Dec 16, 2013

4 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 2, 2022 8:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.