Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 13, 2013 8:40 AM
Oct 2012
i see escaping another world in episode 12!
Dec 13, 2013 8:46 AM

Jun 2011
NOOO! We're at the final episode!

So we finally get to know why its called "Outbreak Company".

Miusel is so good. Wished i had someone like that T_T

Those eyes, damn its like staring into death itself.
Dec 13, 2013 8:48 AM

Aug 2012
Damn Shinichi is in deep trouble. The way Matoba opened his eyes, with a killer intent. One more episode to go :( damn I'm really going to miss this series. Can't believe fall season of anime is coming to an end, doesn't feel to long ago where I was picking what to watch this season.
Dec 13, 2013 8:50 AM

Apr 2013
He opened his eyes.

SHIT GON' GO DOWN
What are you looking here for
Dec 13, 2013 9:03 AM

May 2013
ColdXClue said:
I know this is anime but in real life there is no way he wouldn't have killed shinichi when he got back to the mansion after him ruining their plans.

To be more precise, he would have asked Minori to blow his brains with a bullet and dispose of the carcass, bureaucrats seldomly get their hands dirty, that is grunt (military) work.

ArcanaTrace said:
Those eyes, damn its like staring into death itself.

"And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you"
Dec 13, 2013 9:49 AM

Jan 2013
leeo268 said:
Lol Matoba's talk with Shinichi almost sound like he is trying to convince Shinichi to stop the Japanese government. Why would he release such important intel to him and make it sound evil and manipulative as possible? An attempt to set up a monopoly system is somehow an invasion? Right.. Matoba
If he is truely for Jap gov, he won't say anything and instead try to appeal to Shinichi patriotism. I got a in mood to write a crazy speech of what an "evil?"
Matoba would really said:
Read it at your own leisure.
"Although we are trying to pull a monopoly price mark up on goods that these people are greatly attracted to, this will ultimately improve the life of both side. They will enjoy our world's greatest entertainments, and Japan will gain access resources, oils, lands, labors, and maybe magic of a world bigger than Africa! This will usher a new age of colonialism for Japan. To achieve what we are too late to do in the 19th century. This is not greed as it is necessary to save our declining nation. Suffering from population aging, overpopulation, lack of cheap energy (Fukushima accident ruin our nuclear power future), and lack of resources, Japan is no longer the rising sun and instead is falling like a setting sun! Today, the communist China is rising fast and seeking vengeance for WWII, they are demanding to claim our Senkaku islands and its nearly sea. Threaten us everyday with their naval and air patrols, we are at the mercy of US protection because we are still not suppose to have an army. I said no more! If we are able to sell our culture for this world's resources, Japan will rise once against and possibility become the next superpower! Shinichi, join me, no, Join your nation! The future of your people is in your hand.
Little bonus, your real salary will appear in your bank account. You actually got 10X the amount of $ as long you accept this real job.
You seem to fancy that Myucel elf girl, the higher up said they can make her a full Japanese citizen if you like. She will receive the full right and protection as our people.
I know this might not be necessary to said, but we are taking good care of your entire family while you are working here. Don't worry about them.
So, what is your answer? Remember, there are thousands other love to do your job"

mangamuscle said:
The episode was fun but the Machiavellian plan was only half cooked. IRL if there is a high demand there will be someone to provide for it, even if Shinchi hadn't thought about it the control the japanese goverment sought would less than a year (at best) and the locals would start to create local "magic items" that mimic technological import (but run on the free mana flowing thru this world); the real plan would have been that after the introductions of ideals like "all demihumans are created equal" and "democracy" you finance a local peasant revolt (think the french revolution) giving them firearms, kill the rulers (Petrarca, this is a guillotine) and place a puppet government that sells to you their local resources on the cheap (how many would not pay top bucks for a half-elf maid? she is not a slave, she just has a contract for life with our agency).

Dam, don't remind me that fuk up part of the real world >< so bloody.
We seen enough of that in Afghan, Iraq, Syria, and Egypt.
Yea, you are right. A real colonial method is no joke and will be lot more fuk up than this anime will dare to present. You didn't even mention drug, opium was perfect drug for UK to addict China and rob all their resources.

Can I buy some pot from you?
Dec 13, 2013 10:05 AM

May 2013
yaminogame91 said:
Can I buy some pot from you?

Why?
Dec 13, 2013 10:54 AM

Nov 2012
Holy crap laughed so hard at "And so, lots of pretty girls practically fall into the bland male protagonist's lap...". XD

Also, that stare... Omae o Korosu.

Dec 13, 2013 10:56 AM

Sep 2012
OMG He opened his eyes!! Shinichi is going to die
Next episode is the last one, I didn't want this to end.
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Dec 13, 2013 11:06 AM

Jan 2011
Not really surprised that the Jap government has some ultimate agenda for spreading otaku culture in Eldant.
Great plan by Shinichi and even managed to open Matoba's eyes... literally.

Shit is gonna get real next ep though it'll be the last ep sadly.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Dec 13, 2013 11:10 AM

Jul 2010
Eyes are open, serious business.
Dec 13, 2013 11:39 AM

Apr 2013
Twinkle twinkle little star ( I loved this song)
Good episode.
Dec 13, 2013 11:57 AM
Oct 2012
I like the overall idea of what is happening right now, but I am really disappointed with the way they are showing it to us. The episode was so rushed I wondered if I didn't watch the last episode and missed something very important. The way Matoba acted was very silly too - there was no point in explaining the plan to Shinichi if he didn't foresee the possibility of boy acting on his own and didn't have a way to counter him. That raises the question if Matoba really isn't fit for his role of an invader or his plot is even more complicated.

There are also other issues with Japanese government's plan, but some people already explained it.

Seeing the preview my wild guess is Shinichi will preted he died in the mansion's fire and this way he will avoid the punishment of being stared by Matoba for the rest of his life. But really, many things can happen and I doubt I will be happy with the way this show ends.

Still, I really enjoyed the first 10 episodes and consider Outbreak Company one of the best shows of this season.
Dec 13, 2013 12:35 PM

Jan 2011
WOW this plot so good, wow!
Much munnie for blu-rays now, yesh.
Better go back to brainless comedy, it's more enjoyable.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Dec 13, 2013 12:55 PM

May 2013
cowboy2402 said:
The way Matoba acted was very silly too - there was no point in explaining the plan to Shinichi if he didn't foresee the possibility of boy acting on his own and didn't have a way to counter him.

Let's give some credit to Matoba-san, IRL if a high ranking bureaucrat tells you to get on with the show or risk becoming a liability that can be easily disposed of (and you are literally surrounded by military personal in a land far away from home), most people would shit their pants right there and accept orders (that is why people like heroes, because they do things most of us would NOT do; TBT heroes and fools are just the same, you need retrospective to say there are diferent).

That raises the question if Matoba really isn't fit for his role of an invader or his plot is even more complicated.

There is no such thing as "Matoba's plot", he is nothing beyond a tool, he receives orders from above (which are probably more clueless than himself, like some game company CEOs) and it is in his best interest to show good results for all the money the government is spending, while avoid being soil by the dirty parts of the operation. He is not evil, but that does not mean he would no kill our MC if it helps his future outlook.
Dec 13, 2013 1:42 PM

Apr 2009
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opium_Wars

I can't have been the only one to think of this.
Dec 13, 2013 2:09 PM
Oct 2012
mangamuscle said:
Let's give some credit to Matoba-san, IRL if a high ranking bureaucrat tells you to get on with the show or risk becoming a liability that can be easily disposed of (and you are literally surrounded by military personal in a land far away from home), most people would shit their pants right there and accept orders (that is why people like heroes, because they do things most of us would NOT do; TBT heroes and fools are just the same, you need retrospective to say there are diferent).

You are right. I don't know why I didn't notice it, but when you pointed it out, it is pretty obvious. But still, it was unwise of Matoba to talk about it if there was no reason to.

About the "Matoba's plot" phrase I used, I know he isn't the mastermind behind everything, but he was put in charge to oversee the progress of invasion. So while I find it unnecessary for him to explain the scheme to Shinichi at this point, he might have a reason to do so. But like I said it's just one of possibilities that came to my mind.
Dec 13, 2013 2:44 PM

Jul 2010
BRILLIANT. Best episode so far, my score jumped from 7 to 8.
I didn't expect such a serious note, even though there were a lot of foreshadowing.

Also the solution was a little prevedible though, but of great impact.

Oh and that cliffhanger with Matoba's bloodshot eyes was fucking creepy.

Miusel best heroine btw.
Dec 13, 2013 2:49 PM

Nov 2012
Showing the negatives of the anime culture.

"They love the culture that we import so much,they can't function in everyday life without it." Real motives are revealed.

Shihichi x Myucel moment.

Matoba's eyes open.Wtf was that all about?
Dec 13, 2013 3:37 PM

Feb 2010
And Shinichi was like "SHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHIT" after seeing Matoba-san's eyes.
It's going to end T.T
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Dec 13, 2013 4:11 PM

Mar 2008
Well Shinichi, it was nice knowing you.
Dec 13, 2013 5:03 PM

Jan 2012
Probably whats gonna happen is that they will find a way to close the portal and the mc will stay in that world.
Dec 13, 2013 6:11 PM

Dec 2012
Outbreak Company reveals its meaning behind the title; I can't believe the show is ending soon. Honestly it was truly one of the biggest surprised as one said earlier. Guess that's what happens when you enter an anime without any expectations.
Dec 13, 2013 8:01 PM

Jul 2009
Dear God, I don't think my heart can handle much more Myucel
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Dec 13, 2013 8:11 PM

May 2013
Oh damn, now we know the dirty secret the government is planning.

Did Matoba open is eyes for the first time?
Dec 13, 2013 8:20 PM

Nov 2012
Myucel is just... so moe and cute and asdfghj. There better be romance in the last episode, at least a hug! Also, he just opened his eyes.... this can't be good.
Las firmas estan sobrevaloradas :P
Dec 13, 2013 8:45 PM
Jul 2018
He opened his eyes... oh my dear he's screwed
Dec 13, 2013 8:59 PM

Jul 2013
crevette said:
Is it just me, or does the preview hint at a possible second season?

I definitely got that too, but I thought it might have been wishful thinking. The whole, "let's be really great so the audience wants more and we can be together again!!".. I was like, WHAT YES PLEASEEEE!

I had no expectations of this anime, but I absolutely adore it and I'm so sad it's ending. Biggest surprise of the season and a definite favorite.
Dec 13, 2013 9:01 PM

Mar 2013
damn you fcking government >_< !!!
Dec 13, 2013 9:38 PM
Oct 2009
What have been seen, cant be unseen.

A death stare is still a death stare.
Dec 13, 2013 9:51 PM

Mar 2012
Dayumm, there's some dark and serious things going on in the background.

Smart plan by the Japanese government and Shinichi's counter seemed good. However Chief seemed pissed with his opened eyes, pretty sure he'll try to kill Shinichi (or his Eldant friends) one way or another in the future.

Doubt anything serious will happen next week, really hoping for a second season.
Dec 13, 2013 11:14 PM
Jul 2013
Blackbird said:
Myucel so cute moe :D
yeah myusel best heroine >> more cute than tifania <3
Dec 13, 2013 11:15 PM
Jul 2013
Myusel <3
Dec 14, 2013 12:04 AM

Apr 2012
jayvon said:
Holy crap! Shinichi is in deep shit Matoba opened his eyes for the first time, he's pissed!

I wonder what the last episode will bring to the plate...
Dec 14, 2013 12:09 AM

Jan 2011
the eyes have open shits about to get real!
sad this is ending next week.

side note noticed a another maid in the PV hmm~
Dec 14, 2013 12:24 AM

Jul 2009
god bless that maid
without her, i wouldve thrown my laptop out the window
and closed eye characters... shit just get real when they open them LOL
Dec 14, 2013 1:50 AM
Apr 2012
One of my favorites this season, shame it's coming to a halt.
Uno mas! Matobas eyes though. :O
Dec 14, 2013 2:33 AM

Jul 2012
http://i.imgur.com/npeA80E.png
http://i.imgur.com/A3xPCJA.png
So that is what his eyes look like.

He looks angry as I do not know what. Great idea Shinichi with the anime and manga.

Great episode!!!
Dec 14, 2013 2:59 AM

Aug 2008
...Screw resources, they got MAGIC! Reverse engineer it... and create, magic-tech! And the Japanese Government shall conquer BOTH worlds!
Dec 14, 2013 3:07 AM

Jun 2013
Awesome episode.Can't wait for next one.
Dec 14, 2013 3:58 AM

Oct 2011
Myucel for Waifu of the year!
Dec 14, 2013 4:13 AM

Aug 2013
saw this coming from a million miles away!
Dec 14, 2013 4:50 AM

Jan 2013
I'm not sure how to react to the fact that Outbreak Company(regarding this is a comedy animation) is becoming the best and watchable show of this season while others just... deteriorate.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Dec 14, 2013 5:53 AM

Apr 2013
^
That's right! Outbreak Company really stands out from the rest but still isn't as popular as some other anime this season :(
Dec 14, 2013 7:10 AM

Oct 2012
Myusel being the perfect girl as always. I don't want this to end. ):
Dec 14, 2013 8:49 AM

Mar 2013
Having them make their own goods was pretty predictable, but it's still great. I'm loving this, too bad there's only one episode left :(
Rak is a Badass
Dec 14, 2013 10:20 AM

Jul 2013
Although, Shinichi had an idea that would stop the japanese govt. in their footsteps, the damage is already done (Otaku culture in itself). I knew from the beginning that bringing otaku culture to Eldant would be bad because with that would come machinery and use of the resources. Bye Bye beautiful environment, Hello pollution LOL. But i'm really loving this series so far. Matoba can go choke on a dick for all I care.
Dec 14, 2013 10:33 AM
Jan 2013
Well then, as I expected Motaba was trying to get them hooked into this moe thing and exploit their world for their resources, much like Columbus and the conquistador, good Shinichi idea of creating their own moe is a wise move, so now for the last episode what will Motaba do next?

Does anybody think this will have a season 2, where Motaba might do something rash?
Dec 14, 2013 11:36 AM

Apr 2010
Kind of disappointed that they go for a typical anime ending, meaning most episodes all nice and peaceful and last few episodes a plot reveals itself and the main has to solve it.
Things have been nice till now guess i have to live with that.

Shinichi's plan only works temporal he is forgetting that to run anime and games you need technology and the only one in that world that can produce the technology needed is Japan.
Making things for production of manga or light novels is available and they can develop it themselves this does mean that Eldants own technology will be making major improvements because of the Japanese interference.
Still they need some help from Japan to improve things as they are.

Leaving much room for the Japanese government to negotiate about resources and such.
Dec 14, 2013 1:04 PM

Oct 2013
very nice episode this week, Shinichi plan was not bad and really excited for the last episode next week
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Outbreak Company Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2013

250 by RGreatDanton »»
Feb 8, 11:14 PM

Poll: » Outbreak Company Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

131 by RGreatDanton »»
Feb 8, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Outbreak Company Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

128 by RGreatDanton »»
Feb 8, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Outbreak Company Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2013

111 by RGreatDanton »»
Feb 8, 7:17 PM

Poll: » Outbreak Company Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2013

139 by RGreatDanton »»
Feb 8, 6:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.