Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 19, 2014 3:28 PM
Mar 2009
Inari just seemed so crazy in the first half of the episode, but after reading the first page of posts, I guess I can see what he's doing. Still though, stabbing your daughter and then your older brother? What.

And did Yase and the dog fade away? That's sad...
Jan 20, 2014 1:21 AM
Aug 2011
Love the pacing. But it feels like we are still in the middle of the show.
Nov 13, 2014 9:34 PM

Jan 2010
That was the most offhanded explanation of the world's history I've ever seen. It's also probably the oddest case of "I'll explain later" I've seen thus far. I mean, wow.
ShockedNov 13, 2014 9:50 PM
Jan 8, 2015 9:42 PM

Feb 2013
Intense episode!
Feb 22, 2015 7:52 PM

Jun 2014
So man things are happening so quickly! I cant keep up! It doesn't help that i put this episode off for about a month. I just didn't want it to end! =[ Lets see how the finale goes. I hope i dont cry.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Apr 21, 2015 6:28 AM

Nov 2011
Episode that brings into play the last remnants of the plot still at large; now the picture of the situation is complete.
Very satisfied with the plot and narrative, drawings cute and well animated, impressive and catchy soundtrack, I always liked to listen to.
Feb 13, 2016 10:12 PM
Jul 2018
Got caught a bit off-guard by Inari, but the episode was surely an emotional one.
Things are happening so fast, I'm surprised we're down to the last episode already, by those fully it ties everything up.
Aug 16, 2016 12:50 PM

Sep 2014
Wow, I knew Inari was creepy, but I didn't expect him to be such a selfish moron.
He says his father left and never returned, but that's exactly what he did to his children. Then he just built his own world putting the whole universe's balance at risk. Great.

Let's hope Yakushimaru-Myoue and Koto work everything out and nobody's existence gets erased.
May 5, 2017 4:56 PM

Jun 2013
Inari is like "I'll destroy everything, so that one person, Myoue can finally be happy in a rebooted reality. Everyone else in this reality can go screw themselves lmao". I get that he's doing it out of love, but at what cost? Is this altruism gone wrong? Is Kyousougiga objectivist propaganda? |ง།°╭͜ʖ╮°།|ง

I also kind of feel cheated; Koto was built up as this super badass who is super-duper special, but this episode makes her seem inconsequential, just like Myoue's other siblings. This shouldn't detract any value from their character development in previous episodes, but it still kind of stings.

In any case, Myoue still has my sympathy, and his reunion with Koto at the end was rewarding all the same.

With all that in mind, this was episode was a thrilling ride; confusing and frustrating as it was. Bravo.
LeeTailorMay 5, 2017 5:11 PM
Dec 2, 2017 5:15 PM

Sep 2011
I really don't like this turn of events... I kiiiind of get what Inari wants to do, but this is a fucking irresponsible way to do it. What if his point didn't get across? Then every world would just disappear? All this to maybe save one "kid" and let him live in a world where he wants to?
This just seems really stupid :/

And now Koto seems like she is just a tool, when before this she was more like a main character.

I very much hope that this will have a more meaningful ending, since it pretty much went down from a 9/10 to a 8/10 with this episode :(
RazielZeroDec 2, 2017 5:35 PM
Jul 22, 2020 1:36 PM

Jun 2019
Mind blown. Totally had no idea what Inari was trying to do until I read this thread. Thank god Myoue isn't as dense as me.
Dec 10, 2020 8:32 AM

Aug 2017
The priest mentioned Inari's reincarnation, interesting.

So, is Koto Inari A, and Inari is, well, Inari B?

Yase got her memory back, apparently. I hope this subplot will be utilized in a useful way instead of just putting Yase to the side in order to give other characters enough time.

Wooden crosses at the end were probably not random.

My earlier observation regarding the cradle was correct, yay!

Inari is not the bad guy. Think of this show on an individual basis (Myoue). Inari is still trying to save Myoue. Though he "saved" him by replacing his heart, as the last episode showed, Myoue still rejected this second chance at life; Inari created a brother and sister for Myoue, but Myoue never accepted their love, and instead selfishly shut himself off from everyone. Still trying to save Myoue, Inari gave over his ability to create, hoping that Myoue would use it to reincarnate himself, but Myoue, still denying life refused to, creating the stasis of the Capital. This is why everyone was tired, the monk brother, Inari, they kept trying to save Myoue, but the simple fact is that unless someone wants to live nothing you can do can save them.

Inari's last gambit was to use Koto to destroy the universe, what good is the world if people can't be saved (not only is this a buddhist thought, but it is also in the Kabblah and Christian gnosticism)? This is what Inari meant when he told Bunny Koto that he would explain later: Inari knows exactly what he is doing: everything was done to get Myoue to use the power to create a new universe, one where Myoue would want to live.

So far from Inari being selfish, he is actually willing to sacrifice everything, including himself, to save Myoue.

Kentaku said:
Oh, and why is Inari so small?

Most likely because he gave most of his power (the ability to create) to Myoue.

My memory is a bit taxed right now, so please point out things that I am missing or mis-remembered something, but I am pretty sure the reason Momma_Koto had to leave was because the Shrine required it. The master said that the monitoring device on her had been destroyed. Why she was banished to the moon I think was a joke, in Japan the "man in the moon" is a "Rabbit Pounding Mochi cakes" (this is also why Sailor Moon had a Rabbit (in Japanese Usagi) connection. Also recall that when the Mirror began to collapse she said "it wasn't me", implying that she had thought this as well.

Great insight as always. I love how Inari's sword functions as a key because it's also used to travel between different worlds.

P.S. That Shrine maiden just left without the head priest lol.
St0rmbladeDec 16, 2020 4:44 PM
Jun 22, 2021 8:46 PM

May 2020
Inari always did give me creepy vibes so I'm not surprised that he's not exactly the good guy here. But he does seem to a method to his madness, so we'll see how all of this ends.
Jun 24, 2021 4:24 AM

Jul 2016
Rebelhero said:
So man things are happening so quickly! I cant keep up! It doesn't help that i put this episode off for about a month. I just didn't want it to end! =[ Lets see how the finale goes. I hope i dont cry.

Way too many things happening at once.
Apr 6, 2022 12:20 PM

Jul 2014
There's a lot I really enjoy about this show, but it's just going completely off-the-rails plotwise now. From the haphazard explanation of the end-of-the-universe plot point (that should have been more than just foreshadowed well before this) to Inari just casually declaring himself as God without any context, all the way to the insane decision to transform the main character into a literal plot device, it's all just a series of baffling writing decisions that I can't wrap my head around.

Also, I get that Inari is basically a sociopath (as has been obvious ever since the first Yakushimaru flashback), but I don't get why he'd do all of this just for Myoue/Yakushimaru. Selfishly bringing him back to life and granting him immortality when he didn't want it was one thing, but trying to destroy all of reality to make him act is bafflingly selfish and irresponsible even by Inari's standards. Why force all of this onto Myoue rather than letting him decide for himself the life he wants to live and the fate he wants?
Jan 13, 2023 6:36 AM

Apr 2016
Something about trying to help someone suicidal? You want to die and leave everyone behind so I will get rid of everyone so you could live in another world seems like a not so good lesson about the importance of life or maybe I just don't get this.
Apr 17, 9:59 AM

May 2020
Mixed up feelings and well not really a good idea. This kind of things are bring the story line out of nowhere. Moments are build-up well but the story seems blurry. This should be a Drama Fantasy, not Action for real.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyousou Giga (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2013

136 by sharosharo »»
Apr 17, 10:28 AM

Poll: » Kyousou Giga (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2013

61 by sharosharo »»
Apr 17, 9:31 AM

Poll: » Kyousou Giga (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2013

65 by sharosharo »»
Apr 17, 9:07 AM

Poll: » Kyousou Giga (TV) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2013

87 by sharosharo »»
Apr 17, 8:42 AM

Poll: » Kyousou Giga (TV) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2013

80 by sharosharo »»
Apr 17, 8:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.