Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 11, 2013 11:22 AM

Sep 2010
baltazak said:
i can not understand why this anime have not high regard on this site i mean he clearly doesn't deserve 7 !!

I'm surprised its almost 8 cause barely nothing much happened plot wise until like around episode 8.

Plus I can't really connect with the characters like I did with Free!, Kokoro Connect, and Chuuinbyou.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Dec 11, 2013 11:25 AM

Oct 2007
Well that was a clusterfuck of incidental on the spot exposition and stuff happening.

baltazak said:
i can not understand why this anime have not high regard on this site i mean he clearly doesn't deserve 7 !!

A 4 or soft 5 seems much fairer in my book.

Roloko said:
I'm guessing the 13th episode will be an OVA?

Thirteenth up is supposedly a Christmas special that will air after 12. I have a feeling its unrelated to the mess happening now so looks like is has 20 minutes to wrap up next week
PeacingOutDec 11, 2013 11:29 AM
Dec 11, 2013 11:26 AM

Jul 2012
Well that escalated quickly at the end. It's only 12 episodes though?
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Dec 11, 2013 11:27 AM

Mar 2013
wow great episode! 5/5
Dec 11, 2013 11:43 AM

Aug 2013
Great episode Akkey's mom made my day haha!
Dec 11, 2013 11:55 AM

Aug 2008
"Zama o miro" <3
Dec 11, 2013 12:00 PM

Sep 2011
So my guess was spot on mostly from last week's build up.

That being said, the pacing in this episode was pretty fast. Especially that ending fused with the Opening Song, so many things happened, I had to rewind a bit on what was going on.

Kuriyama sent him, one very long phone message, probably maximized all the characters. That was one helluva random way to send messages via flying printed paper to meet at the literary club, his mother's logic is beyond the boundary.

And of course, holy hell he charged the relic with a car battery plugged into it while having a soliloquy explaining the plot points.

The mother and son rough relationship was really new and funny.

On a serious note, I do want to know how did his mom get the Youmu stone which Kuriyama grabbed after the whole Hollow Shadow aftermath and thought it was worthless piece of rock. The mother's appearance was really a plot convenience but I believe there might be a deeper explanation for her "all-knowing" attitude.
DKNer0Dec 11, 2013 12:48 PM
Dec 11, 2013 12:05 PM

Dec 2008
I understand the "catch 22" Izumi was in, but did she have to be such a cold-hearted bitch about it? I mean, seriously?!
Akihito's mother... *smh*

The next episode is the last one? I thought there were 13 episodes.

Sent with Mal Updater
Dec 11, 2013 12:08 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
pakoko said:
Lol not to be a buzzkill but I'm still cringing from how cheesy this episode was: "I don't feel unpleasant..." "Make sure to get ready to kick her back to the moon," *makes a break to save Kuriyama*

Not the only one, I was thinking of how cheesy her text was too. I think if it was a little shorter it might've been more effective for me. But still cute I guess because Mirai's changed so much since the beginning.

That ending though had me go wtf is happening. The action looks pretty cool as always but for some reason I didn't really understand it.
Dec 11, 2013 12:17 PM

Apr 2012
Best episode of the series for me. Not a classic by any means but still very enjoyable.
Dec 11, 2013 12:18 PM

Dec 2010
Is Akkey's mom the youkai or the human?
Dec 11, 2013 12:31 PM

Jan 2013
I very much wish they hadn't wasted time on petty episodes like the one where they sing to catch that youmu. 20 minutes doesn't feel like nearly enough to finish this anime. This episode was really fast paced but so amazing that I just loved it.
Dec 11, 2013 12:43 PM

May 2012
what an epic episode. .that ending, animation and bgm doesn't make me tired replaying it..
also akki puch his mother is soo badass ahaha..,

Dec 11, 2013 12:52 PM

Jul 2013
This anime is truly one of my favs like top 10
Dec 11, 2013 12:52 PM

Jul 2013
Pknoctis said:
Is Akkey's mom the youkai or the human?

i think she is human, since otherwise all yokais would fly gen sky
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Dec 11, 2013 1:08 PM

Jul 2009
i really like how they bumped up the story telling in the past few episodes.
Dec 11, 2013 1:37 PM

Apr 2013
Akkey's mother and her bizarre appearance :P
Dec 11, 2013 1:39 PM
Sep 2013
Krassh said:
This anime finish whit 12 or 13 chapterss? should be 13 you know if issued on the wednesday 25 dec? (date spain)

it's going to have 13 episodes, so look forward to it :)
Dec 11, 2013 1:48 PM

Sep 2012
Good stuff, I wish we didn't have to go through the first 6 crappy episodes before.
Dec 11, 2013 2:14 PM

Oct 2012
Really love this show, but I hope they explain and wrap-up everything well. Unless they have a second season, which would be great.
Dec 11, 2013 2:31 PM

Dec 2013
Only 2 more episodes to go! I think Kyoukai no Kanata is up there for surprise of the fall season. By the way, anyone else thinks that the ED in this is flawless? That song is just so awesome! Can't wait for next week!
Dec 11, 2013 2:34 PM

Nov 2013
Akkey's mom's hilarious. So did Akkey get back his immortality or some thing back when he joined with the Mirai's Akkey version?
Dec 11, 2013 2:36 PM

Jan 2008
Ending made my heart flutter.

His mom was quite amusing too. Though I do wish they got a bit into his history/backstory or something.
Dec 11, 2013 2:42 PM

Nov 2012
Dat shiny sphere...
Made my eyes sparcle.
Art should be left alone by those unenlightened, raw and uncensored as it is, because enough refinement was already done by it's creator, in it's creation.
Dec 11, 2013 2:42 PM

Apr 2012
too many unexplained plot holes :\
felt really rushed

Dec 11, 2013 2:43 PM

Nov 2012
Zeally said:
too many unexplained plot holes :
felt really rushed

Geeze, it is not finished yet...
Art should be left alone by those unenlightened, raw and uncensored as it is, because enough refinement was already done by it's creator, in it's creation.
Dec 11, 2013 2:48 PM

May 2013
A lot of action happening in that other world.

Funny how the guys were just sitting there while watching Akihito and his mom argue lol.
Dec 11, 2013 2:50 PM

Apr 2012
0-fu_k-giver said:
Zeally said:
felt really rushed

Geeze, it is not finished yet...

i know but there's only 2 episodes left :c

this anime has the best op/ ed tho!!

Dec 11, 2013 2:52 PM

Oct 2011
Is it really the final ep next week? But its 13 eps in all right? hm. Good ep. Fan service from Akkey's mom this time.
Dec 11, 2013 2:58 PM

Aug 2013
amazing episode
explained a bit more about the story, but she's still pretty much stuck

Akihito's mother came out of nowhere showing how to save Mirai, I found forced through this part ..

really like this anime scene cuts, as well as the soundtrack
Dec 11, 2013 3:02 PM

Sep 2012
Akihito's mom is so cutee. I hope she explain how she knew those things.
So much happened in the last few seconds. Can't wait for the next episode!
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Dec 11, 2013 3:10 PM

Feb 2013
this was an amazing episode! akkey's mom is hot and i loved the ending with the OP song insert, so good :D
Dec 11, 2013 3:25 PM

Jul 2012
Felt rushed. This show doesn't really create an atmosphere for me because it's squeezing too much stuff in one episode.
Dec 11, 2013 3:26 PM

May 2013
Every episode thus far is so <3

Akki's mother got introduced, which is nice and I like the way she acts, even for her age :)

The ending was so amazing, Akihito saving Mirai, aiding her against Beyond the Boundary <3
Dec 11, 2013 3:27 PM
Aug 2012
Akihito's mother showing up and knowing what to do was surprising at first but I think I understand now. Remember when Izumi showed up and Akkey's mother recognized her and even said her name? The two seem to know each other somehow and I'm sure their relationship will be explained either next episode or the last episode (episode 13). Remember My guess is Akkey's mother somehow got that information from Izumi, but she was unwilling to tell our half youmu pervert. That's just a theory, but it seems very likely.
Dec 11, 2013 3:33 PM
Nov 2013
This episode was spectacular. My feeling are overflowing right ugh I can't stop
Dec 11, 2013 3:40 PM

Oct 2007
Zeally said:
felt really rushed

Yeah, it's looking like last week is going to hold up as the episode that had the least overall problems of any episode in this show. We're back to 2/5 territory here again sadly after a more decent effort last time. I find it funny that this episode got the title Black World when it was last episode that felt more melancholic.
Dec 11, 2013 4:21 PM
Dec 2013
drama_menck said:
amazing episode

Akihito's mother came out of nowhere showing how to save Mirai, I found forced through this part ..

My theory is that Izumi went seeking advice with Aki's mom after her original plan failed, and it was Aki's mom that came up with the "Mirai sacrifices" plan.
Dec 11, 2013 4:28 PM
Aug 2012
artesox said:
drama_menck said:
amazing episode

My theory is that Izumi went seeking advice with Aki's mom after her original plan failed, and it was Aki's mom that came up with the "Mirai sacrifices" plan.

That's another theory I hadn't thought of. Man I really can't wait to find out how Aki's mom knows so much.
Dec 11, 2013 5:15 PM

Mar 2009
Story so far. Hope I got this all right.

Nase Izumi contacts Kuriyama Mirai offering her a task of vanquishing great calamity bringer Beyond the Boundary. Mirai transfer to same class as Akihito (BtB host) and starts killing him.

Due to being fused with Beyond the Boundary Akihito is immortal and as such Mirai attacks are harmless. First tactics failed.

Second opportunity came when Hollow Shadow came to the city. Mirai wanted to beat him as a revenge for childhood friend death but failed. Akihito the immortal helped her by becoming host to the Hollow Shadow. They won and Akihito gone wild.
He was later subdued with the help of Nase family and his teacher. Mirai once again failed to kill Beyond the Boundary weakened by Hollow Shadow. She got too attached to Akihito.

Then the Calm came. Izumi made sure that Akihito would manifest into Beyond the Boundary. Izumi told Mirai that She can use her cursed blood and draw BtB from Akihito and thus save him.
Mirai did just that. What Izumi didn't predict was that Beyond the Boundary would fuse with Mirai (or her blood) and seal both of them in pocket dimension. Mirai was able to battle BtB for 3 month without taking a break.

How was Mirai able to fight for so long? Cursed blood, sad memories, BtB taking all super natural power from humans or maybe Mirai wish for Akihito to have normal life. Since they are one then they are immortal and can battle for all eternity.

With tiny shard snapped from Beyond the Boundary Akihito goes to save Mirai and after few more action packed scenes they finally reunite.

Then the freaking episode ends :(
Dec 11, 2013 5:29 PM

Sep 2013
The fight scenes and the shots of the boundary were amazing.
A son hitting his mother, nobody has a problem with that? no? okay, her knight gag was hilarious.
Dec 11, 2013 5:41 PM

Jul 2012
This episode was so awesome and action packed for a second I thought this was the last episode of the series and I got sad but it is not WOOT!'

Great episode!!!
Dec 11, 2013 5:46 PM

May 2013
Series really bumped up its storytelling but I feel the pacing is way too fast now. Packed too much explanation into one episode. The scene with Akihito running to Mirai was good with the OP song which I love. I know your mom is annoying but you don't need to knock her around, I know it was supposed to be funny but it really bothered me for some reason.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Dec 11, 2013 6:18 PM

Jan 2013
Now that was friggin awesome, I love this show
Dec 11, 2013 6:25 PM

Nov 2012
gosh that ending!! That "serves you right" word! This episode is really 15/10 to me! (except when Yayoi appears..)
Your so-called peaceful world makes me bored, so don't blame me if I destroy all of it.
- http://worldinverse.smackjeeves.com
Dec 11, 2013 6:41 PM
Apr 2013
Akihito able to freely transform his right hand/arm into youmu form now? :O

Regardless of what the haters say, I'd still be happy to have a second season of KnK.
Dec 11, 2013 6:43 PM

Jan 2009
thats one heck of an episode and lol at the mother she is hot though and last episode next week! i hope its a happy ending one
Dec 11, 2013 6:49 PM
Oct 2012
SleepnDreamn said:
How was Mirai able to fight for so long? Cursed blood, sad memories, BtB taking all super natural power from humans or maybe Mirai wish for Akihito to have normal life. Since they are one then they are immortal and can battle for all eternity.

It's a spirit world, so it is not like Mirai needs food or sleep there. Mirai could fight so long because she knew that defeating the BtB would save Akihito in the real world. The doll of Akihito she created was to ground her during the fight and remind her of why she was fighting. So basically love was where she got the strength. BtB wouldn't have been able to last forever, it was actually losing and was draining Youmu and Spirit Warriors in the real world in a desperate attempt to save itself, but had not the Magical Association Person interfered, Mirai would have defeated it and both she and the BtB would disappear together.

The two big remaining questions are, what role Akihito's mother plays in all this. We will not get the answer to that (most likely) since the novels are still be published (or at least are much longer than this series and I figure that is a huge plot point), that is annoying but nothing we can do about that (assuming that this arc isn't completely different from the novels), the bigger question I have is why the Magical Association guy is doing all this. I hate shows and books where the evil guy just does evil things because he is evil. I really hope and expect a better explanation for his motives (unless they already did it and I just missed it). Knowledge and power are lame reasons. I also have to question the logic behind a car battery being able to power up BtB that much. I know, artistic license, but still pretty stupid license (youmu are supposed to be weak because of light (which electricity provides), and a car battery why not a friggin 9 volt battery if you are going to do that.

That last one is a very very very minor complaint, just something that bugged me.
Dec 11, 2013 7:24 PM

Dec 2012
Akihito's mum is so random and funny. Loved how he caught Kuriyama as she was falling. The final battle is beginning.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Dec 11, 2013 7:45 PM

Mar 2012
Is it just me or have a lot of people given up on this show way too early?

I remember when this series was within it's first 6 or 7 episodes and people were calling it a massive disappointment from Kyoto Ani. However, it seems like they really didn't give this series a chance to come to fruition. The last 3 or 4 episodes have been simply outstanding. I'd even put this up there with Hyouka in regards to how great its been.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2013

538 by __FK__ »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2013

338 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Mar 5, 11:30 PM

» 10th anniversary was yesterday...

dabiggestbird - Oct 4, 2023

17 by pinemoth »»
Oct 14, 2023 7:07 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2013

475 by Aruna0 »»
Jul 6, 2023 12:59 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2013

448 by ds87 »»
Jun 21, 2023 10:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.