Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 12, 2013 7:48 AM

May 2013
Kyruga said:
I aways laugh so much when i see how the reputation of bakatora always go from a Womanizer...i can even see when they discovery the secrect of Natsume.... :)

You got it all wrong, his reputation is as follows:

... he has being doing Kon since before entering school, I tell you he is into bestiality!
... he has know Dairenji since before entering school, he is an unrepentant lolicon!
... he has his paws even on Natsume, his lust knows no barriers!

and we all know sooner or later he will add a big breasted female to his harem :)
Dec 12, 2013 9:25 AM

Sep 2011
Ok ep, very funny.....suzuka.........
Dec 12, 2013 10:27 AM

Jun 2012
zannet_t said:
This.
CreationBreaker said:
Demonshaw17 said:
dafuq... that was kinda backwards she's all caught up on killing his friend yet he seems to be like "pshh what of it i aint even mad". Kinda pisses me off actually, I wanted him to be angry with her about it and flip shit sometime over it. Ehhh but I guess it's anime so anything can happen.

The thing is, Natsume washed away any possible resentment he had towards Suzuka at the end of the first arc. It really isn't backwards. Just put yourself in their shoes and see.
I really disagree. I mean no matter how you look at it, he should be extremely upset about it. It always pissed me off how little he was even affected by it. When she died in his arms his reaction was "* :'( * ... Fuck this! I'm going to to go help Natsume with her problems!" It's one thing for him to get over it, and I can accept him not necessarily wanting her dead, and even stopping her from killing herself. But the fact is, unless he gave absolutely zero shits about Hokuto, it doesn't make sense for him to just be like "Dammit this is a troublesome. Could you please stop messing up my reputation? Oh by the way how's the school life treating you, are you making friends?" To me that's beyond the point of forgiving, to the point where it seems evil and uncaring about others. I mean the girl had just confessed not long before she died in his arms from her... and now he's trying to make nice with this emotionally disturbed girl who, who killed his childhood friend without a care in the world, and is now out to ruin his life.

Even if she truly feels bad about it, viewing things form his perspective, he should see her as an evil person who is out to get him. However, the knowledge that Hokuto isn't actually dead is a good reason to be over it. But it was still always stupid the way he reacted initially when he didn't have that information. I know the present facts are what really matter, but surely he realizes that although Hokuto was merely an illusion, even if she wasn't one Suzuka would have still gone through with it and the real Hokuto would be dead. But it looks like I'm gonna have to put such issues in the past to enjoy the rest of the series.
HalibelTheEspadaDec 12, 2013 10:36 AM
Dec 12, 2013 1:50 PM

Jul 2007
bastek66 said:
Drillshit, fuck.

Haha, you really are retarted.
Shizuka is the best girl in the show.
Dec 12, 2013 2:12 PM

Mar 2010
HalibelTheEspada said:
]I really disagree. I mean no matter how you look at it, he should be extremely upset about it. It always pissed me off how little he was even affected by it. When she died in his arms his reaction was "* :'( * ... Fuck this! I'm going to to go help Natsume with her problems!" It's one thing for him to get over it, and I can accept him not necessarily wanting her dead, and even stopping her from killing herself. But the fact is, unless he gave absolutely zero shits about Hokuto, it doesn't make sense for him to just be like "Dammit this is a troublesome. Could you please stop messing up my reputation? Oh by the way how's the school life treating you, are you making friends?" To me that's beyond the point of forgiving, to the point where it seems evil and uncaring about others. I mean the girl had just confessed not long before she died in his arms from her... and now he's trying to make nice with this emotionally disturbed girl who, who killed his childhood friend without a care in the world, and is now out to ruin his life.

I think you need to rewatch the episodes 2-3 again and Hatutora was upset at first to see her as kneejerk reaction at first.

But Hokuto's death was just much as his fault (if not more so) as Suzuka. Suzuka never even intended to hurt her was just accident that she tried act tough about. He knows that which is why he stop running from his promises and making excuses. So trying to past blame all on her misleading. Furthermore as pointed out, his childhood friend is not dead, unless Harutora only cared about her physical appearance rather than her person. He also still has his friends and family while Suzuka has nothing aside from her "image". Suzuka is the one who lost something here yet she is the one worrying about more about others. There is no benefit to either Hokuto or Harutora to grief someone like that. Harutora's priority is meet her master and become a Shaman to support Natsume now rather going attacking someone who's already defeated.

Even if she truly feels bad about it, viewing things form his perspective, he should see her as an evil person who is out to get him. However, the knowledge that Hokuto isn't actually dead is a good reason to be over it. But it was still always stupid the way he reacted initially when he didn't have that information. I know the present facts are what really matter, but surely he realizes that although Hokuto was merely an illusion, even if she wasn't one Suzuka would have still gone through with it and the real Hokuto would be dead. But it looks like I'm gonna have to put such issues in the past to enjoy the rest of the series.

Except Harutora knew Suzuka was a victim of her circumstances and even empathized with her. The fact that wanted to give her life save another already made her not villain, just misguided. Heartless people do not do that nor do they get taken in by reason like she almost was. That fact Suzuka brought up Hokuto first shows him that she does care about his feelings and willingly do anything to make amends now. so there is no longer anything for him to upset about in any reasonable degree. The point of this episode was to have Suzuka start her life over again and that was to square things people she may have wrong.
Iron_MawDec 12, 2013 3:42 PM
Dec 12, 2013 2:57 PM
Aug 2013
Now Suzuka is back in it im glad, hopefully it will start to pick up, thought the first few episodes were great then it kinda went boring but hopefully it will get better. Suzuka is my favorite female character is this anime :)
TheSnugglyOneDec 12, 2013 3:00 PM
Dec 12, 2013 7:09 PM

Jan 2010
this is the start of harutora`s harem

kyouko is jealous
natsume is jealous too
there is a new kid... oh im wrong harutora`s senpai
suzuka wants to replace hokuto because she kill it accidentally

this episode is amazing, maybe next episode is action because fan service is over
Dec 12, 2013 7:44 PM

Aug 2013
Dat "Faasto Kissu". Suzuka's cute when she's with baka-tora hahahaa. And they even got along more calling each other Honey and Darling, hahaha how sweet they are, it even surpassed Natsume and baka-tora's relationship.
She really like baka-tora huh, naisu!
Kon too, hahaha Dat Chuuu and Kissu

I lol'd at Natsume getting worked up just to hide her presence to Dairenji and was caught in the act in the end hahahaa.

I liked this episode, and this would be one of the best episodes of Tokyo Ravens.
Dec 12, 2013 9:23 PM

Apr 2009
SUZUKA BEST GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dec 13, 2013 2:47 AM

Jul 2011
The blonde is back. Nice episode.
Dec 13, 2013 8:01 AM

Aug 2013
LOL good episode 5/5 I love her new appearance and her discovering natsume gender :P
natsume and Hurotora will have bad time dealing with her xD

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Dec 13, 2013 9:26 AM

May 2012
Finally, the best char (Suzuka) is back. The anime was starting to become boring without her
Dec 13, 2013 3:35 PM

May 2011
Glad to see Suzuka back, love her dere side :) She made this episode so much more enjoyable with all her shenanigans xD

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 13, 2013 5:38 PM

Jan 2013
Pretty good episode.
Nice and personal. One on one character interactions.
Dec 13, 2013 8:37 PM

Apr 2013
Protect your balls!
Dec 14, 2013 6:51 AM

Nov 2012
KON!!! <3
oh look our girl has return btw.. suzuka..!! suprisingly cute! :3
hm nice episode.. I wonder what happen next hoho..
"omyo omyoo~" LOL
Dec 14, 2013 8:06 AM

Oct 2011
She's back !!!!!! Lol @ Natsume XDDD. Poor Harutora She knows about Natsume's secret XDDDD
Dec 14, 2013 10:17 AM

Oct 2009
Oh god she's so annoyingly cute! I like it when she's bitchy though XD

Akanezora said:

Btw, that new girl introduced is voiced by the voice actress of Tomoko (Watamote) am I right?

Definitely sounded like her.
AozureDec 14, 2013 10:22 AM
Dec 15, 2013 2:58 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

The judge positively the bet. Yes, you could give more but eventually re introduce and introduce the characters to longevity and do not get bored, then there is opportunity to learn and characterize the collective! ^ _ ^
Drawn very well, even the scenarios are as always very beautiful.
Narration very funny, does not introduce any element of innovation, the technique is already tried and tested over many years and views of the anime series. The plot will stop for now, but who knows what may happen in the future. * _ *
Very nice OP and ED!

However, I was hoping that Suzuka was a real bad, rotten to the core that would be converted only after a long time! Oh well, there are also some bad, I'll just make them! XD
Dec 15, 2013 9:03 AM

Sep 2012
Suzuka is acting to be cute, but she really is cute sometimes.

I'm curious about that senior little girl.

Lol, Kon doesn't know kiss, then she's so curious about it.

Lol, when Natsume hiding to Suzuka.
Now Suzuka know who is Natsume, it could be a problem.
Dec 15, 2013 10:36 AM

Jun 2012
Jagd84 said:
HalibelTheEspada said:
I think you need to rewatch the episodes 2-3 again and Hatutora was upset at first to see her as kneejerk reaction at first.

But Hokuto's death was just much as his fault (if not more so) as Suzuka. Suzuka never even intended to hurt her was just accident that she tried act tough about. He knows that which is why he stop running from his promises and making excuses. So trying to past blame all on her misleading. Furthermore as pointed out, his childhood friend is not dead, unless Harutora only cared about her physical appearance rather than her person. He also still has his friends and family while Suzuka has nothing aside from her "image". Suzuka is the one who lost something here yet she is the one worrying about more about others. There is no benefit to either Hokuto or Harutora to grief someone like that. Harutora's priority is meet her master and become a Shaman to support Natsume now rather going attacking someone who's already defeated.
That's all well and good, if only a teenager's emotions (or any age's) were based purely on logic. From everything that happened to that point, and in the future... it doesn't make sense for him to just be over the fact that his childhood friend, who just confessed to him, died in his arms like that, in such a short period of time (maybe a minute at most). I get that he had some form of a reaction (like I said, he basically frowned then decided to go help Natsume). The fact of the matter is, at the time, he didn't know anything about her being a familiar... but he acted like someone would if they did know this fact... when he was surprised to find out later.
Jagd84 said:
Except Harutora knew Suzuka was a victim of her circumstances and even empathized with her. The fact that wanted to give her life save another already made her not villain, just misguided. Heartless people do not do that nor do they get taken in by reason like she almost was. That fact Suzuka brought up Hokuto first shows him that she does care about his feelings and willingly do anything to make amends now. so there is no longer anything for him to upset about in any reasonable degree. The point of this episode was to have Suzuka start her life over again and that was to square things people she may have wrong.
The thing is, it doesn't matter if she "feels bad" later. If Hokuto hadn't been a familiar, it wouldn't have changed anything in Suzuka's eyes... she would've heartlessly killed her without a second thought... only to kill herself like a coward to use demonic magic that didn't even work in the end and "bring her brother back to life". Yes, she did lose something... long before that incident ever happened, and she should get over it. She was heartless, no matter what she is now. She only changed slightly because he stopped her from doing something completely irrational, in turn saving her life. If she had truly "felt bad" about it, when she thought that Hokuto was actually dead... then she would have been grovelling at his feet apologizing nonstop, rather than acting like a tsundere, whilst intentionally trying to ruin him. It's not funny when it's killing people. Yes, she didn't actually kill anyone. But it was only an accident that she didn't kill Hokuto.
Dec 15, 2013 6:30 PM

Mar 2010
HalibelTheEspada said:
]That's all well and good, if only a teenager's emotions (or any age's) were based purely on logic. From everything that happened to that point, and in the future... it doesn't make sense for him to just be over the fact that his childhood friend, who just confessed to him, died in his arms like that, in such a short period of time (maybe a minute at most). I get that he had some form of a reaction (like I said, he basically frowned then decided to go help Natsume). The fact of the matter is, at the time, he didn't know anything about her being a familiar... but he acted like someone would if they did know this fact... when he was surprised to find out later.

I think you need rewatch the near of epiosde 3 and see Harutiora's last words to Hokuto. He had felt that already had made his amends there just once things were resolved and had already statred to move on. Natsume only told him the truth afterwords which gave him some relief.

Futhermore, Harutora being a teenager doesn't change the fact that everyone grieves and handles emotional situations differently. During ep 3 (during the fight) and later 8 with Touji Harutora has shown he's usually more mature and calm than he seems at first. Despite he's best being a half-demon who once physically assaulted in his rampages he still managed to be understanding and became goods friends.

The thing is, it doesn't matter if she "feels bad" later. If Hokuto hadn't been a familiar, it wouldn't have changed anything in Suzuka's eyes... she would've heartlessly killed her without a second thought... only to kill herself like a coward to use demonic magic that didn't even work in the end and "bring her brother back to life". Yes, she did lose something... long before that incident ever happened, and she should get over it. She was heartless, no matter what she is now. She only changed slightly because he stopped her from doing something completely irrational, in turn saving her life. If she had truly "felt bad" about it, when she thought that Hokuto was actually dead... then she would have been grovelling at his feet apologizing nonstop, rather than acting like a tsundere, whilst intentionally trying to ruin him. It's not funny when it's killing people. Yes, she didn't actually kill anyone. But it was only an accident that she didn't kill Hokuto.

Here is problem with crux of your argument, Suzuka was never heartless killer. She did not kill any Onmyo Agents (the one who were actually attacking her) nor did she attack Harutora in fact she conversed with him and was almost brought to his side. The only she person ever tried to kill was one Onmyo Agent that attack her first which when she snapped due to stress. She ever had one goal and she didn't harm anyone unnecessary willingly to achieve it. She's was anti-villain at best, and just distraught a kid as Harutora described her. Hokuto death doesn't change that because like those others there no intent to kill at all. There is no need for her do something as ridiculous as groveling towards him, she feels shame for being a part that even if wasn't her intention and that's enough.

And her sacrificing her life had absolutely nothing to do with Hokuto, Suzuka herself had planned to do before she even step foot in Harutora's hometown.
Iron_MawDec 15, 2013 11:26 PM
Dec 16, 2013 1:56 AM
Aug 2011
Well fuck me, she's back.
I'll just ignore her as much as possible and maybe occasionaly mute the episode when she talks.

On the bright side, Kon is still adorable!
Dec 16, 2013 6:08 AM

May 2013
ah nice to see that girl again
Dec 16, 2013 8:19 AM

Dec 2011
Poor Natsume... This episode.

Well there's another that knows her secret. And this one wants to make her, and Harutora, suffer.

But then again Harutora and Natsume could easily ruin her precious public image as well...
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Dec 16, 2013 8:51 AM

Mar 2010
kuuderes_shadow said:
Poor Natsume... This episode.

Well there's another that knows her secret. And this one wants to make her, and Harutora, suffer.

But then again Harutora and Natsume could easily ruin her precious public image as well...

I doubt anyone would believe them if they did said anything, and the Onmyo Agency is covering for her. lol
Dec 18, 2013 12:28 PM

Jun 2013
Harutora, your girlfriend is back! Don't run from your destiny :)
Dec 20, 2013 2:48 AM

Aug 2012
What a funny episode.
Dec 20, 2013 4:46 AM

Jul 2008
Suzuka is back!! :D Harutora is getting all the chicks but I'm not too fond of Natsume trying to keep him all to herself :)
Dec 22, 2013 5:12 PM

Jun 2012
Not a lot happened in this episode besides Suzuka's entrance into Onmyo Prep (<- spelled right?), but lots of laughs xD I enjoyed it ^^

yeah, Suzuka is kind of cute, especially her real self when she's with Harutora xD

Dec 24, 2013 12:43 AM

May 2010
Finally a 2nd fav character after Hokuto, that kuudere senpai is really something

Haha, Suzuka is becoming is a fun character
Dec 30, 2013 4:53 PM

Mar 2012
For some reason I couldn't stop laughing at this face Harutora made in the flashback.

http://gyazo.com/b771ccf2e1b2641d4c5460c14de16c25.png
Avenger-senpaiDec 30, 2013 4:56 PM
Jan 3, 2014 1:26 PM

Jan 2011
Oh god... it turned into harem, shit.
xAvengerx said:
For some reason I couldn't stop laughing at this face Harutora made in the flashback.

http://gyazo.com/b771ccf2e1b2641d4c5460c14de16c25.png

LMAO, brilliant!
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jan 9, 2014 10:36 AM

Oct 2012
Suzuka is back and sure fucked up everyone life LOL ;
That mysterious cute little senpai that scene was weird dunno was importance her character will take thought.
That end Suzuka sure is having fun.
Jan 18, 2014 12:50 PM

Sep 2009
Whenever Suzuka is around, Natsume look weak as heck. And for the past few episodes she's obviously stronger than all her classmates.
Jan 18, 2014 1:46 PM

Mar 2010
Suzuka is a Divine General who are known as first class shamans, the best in country. Natsume is only the best in her school, so of course Suzuka is stronger. :)
Jan 22, 2014 11:25 AM
Jul 2018
good episode
Jan 22, 2014 11:26 AM

Dec 2013
Jagd84 said:
Suzuka is a Divine General who are known as first class shamans, the best in country. Natsume is only the best in her school, so of course Suzuka is stronger. :)

Suzuka got nerfed
Jan 22, 2014 11:31 AM

Dec 2013
2014 keeps getting better when I find good anime like this :)
Jan 22, 2014 7:45 PM

Nov 2007
I think she shot up my favorite character ranks .... if I had some. She was trolltastically great.
Feb 5, 2014 6:50 AM

Dec 2010
Suzuka made this episode one of the best, if not the best one just because of the humour level :D :D :D I loved it

Suzuka's theme is also one of the best tracks ever!
Feb 20, 2014 1:17 PM

Sep 2013
there was a whole lot of SENPAI!!!! this episode, it got a little annoying.
Apr 8, 2014 11:33 AM

May 2013
Hilarious Episode. Suzuka trolling natsume and harutora.

I wonder who's that 3rd year girl she didn't even state her name
If you want everything you'll end up with nothing.
Apr 11, 2014 11:48 AM

May 2012
Oh boy, with this kind of development things sure are going get quite funny :p

I do wonder who that new girl was.
Apr 14, 2014 11:28 AM

May 2013
That was easily one of the funniest things I've ever seen.
Apr 19, 2014 7:59 AM

May 2013
is it just me or this show is getting more and more stupid
May 1, 2014 4:31 PM
Oct 2009
Suzuka Dairenji is awesome! I've loved her since the first time she showed up :3 both her looks and her personality rule!!
May 25, 2014 2:09 AM

Mar 2014
Funny Episode!!!
The Prodigy is back!!
Glad that problem was resolved .
Misunderstandings!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 26, 2014 4:49 PM

Jun 2014
This episode was hilarious with Suzuka coming back and natsume hiding. Also, when kyouko told kon what kissing was ... LOL that was priceless.
Aug 9, 2014 12:10 PM

May 2014
Good episode, that divine general prodigious girl is fucking cool. SHe's gonna turn a new leaf.
So, what's going to happen next now that she knows Natsume is a girl? Hmmm..
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Tokyo Ravens community still alive? Any news on the new LN volume 17?

Gilgamesh45 - Mar 26, 2022

24 by XrIoUs »»
Mar 24, 4:18 AM

» Rest in peace Maon Kurosaki

Hot_Green_Tea - Mar 3, 2023

2 by smallwitchy »»
Nov 1, 2023 11:29 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ravens Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2014

372 by DemonLordKenzaki »»
Sep 16, 2023 11:43 PM

» Tokyo ravens really end?

Patolas - Aug 6, 2017

16 by Alexioos95 »»
Jun 10, 2023 8:12 AM

» How to see the rest of the story?

MrBones2002 - Jun 11, 2021

5 by Biribiri10 »»
Nov 7, 2022 11:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.