Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (198) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 8, 2013 12:21 PM

Jul 2012
Vudis said:
Just like the others said, overdoing it with the workout will probably go nowhere. You're likely to lose your pace after 2 weeks and might not want to do anything anymore.
I know because it happened to me.
Yeah, I've done that myself as well. Then I finally just exercised a few days a week, and that was comfortable for me.
Dec 8, 2013 12:24 PM

Dec 2011
Kobapo said:
Vudis said:
Just like the others said, overdoing it with the workout will probably go nowhere. You're likely to lose your pace after 2 weeks and might not want to do anything anymore.
Yeah, I've done that myself as well. Then I finally just exercised a few days a week, and that was comfortable for me.

Already happened to me too. But I'm finally on the mood to get fit, so it's time.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 8, 2013 12:26 PM

Mar 2009
I always say I'm in the mood to clean up my apartment but oh well.
Good luck with going through that anyways.
Dec 8, 2013 12:29 PM

Jul 2012
xJapaliicious said:
Kobapo said:
Vudis said:

Already happened to me too. But I'm finally on the mood to get fit, so it's time.
Good! It's about having the right mindset as well! :D
Dec 8, 2013 2:56 PM

May 2008
Cleaned up some off-topic discussion. Gaming-related advice belong in the Games, Computers & Tech Support board.

I am a banana.
Dec 8, 2013 2:59 PM

Apr 2012
xJapaliicious said:
Kobapo said:
Vudis said:

if you are feeling the burnout, which happens to many people
just take a few days-week off. Just make sure you don't take a permanent break LOL XD

Dec 8, 2013 3:05 PM
Sep 2013
Just wondering, from what I can tell about their sale details on rightstuf is that the deals will still be going on during X-mas day and end that night? Just making sure so i'll be able to cash in my x-mas money while the savings are still going on. So just to be clear, Rightstuf's sales will be available X-mas day and end that night?
Dec 8, 2013 3:21 PM

Aug 2012
My room smells like odd, but I can't identify where or why it smells that way. I've done the laundry every week, washed my sheets, and even vacuum'd the floor every now and then.

But every time I enter it, there's this consistent "odor", not overpowering but noticeable for 3 minutes and then my nose ignores it.

So far I've tried Air Wick'ing the entire room with this delicious apple strudel smell, but that fades away just as fast.

Help.
Dec 8, 2013 3:27 PM
Oct 2011
MellowJello said:
My room smells like odd, but I can't identify where or why it smells that way. I've done the laundry every week, washed my sheets, and even vacuum'd the floor every now and then.

But every time I enter it, there's this consistent "odor", not overpowering but noticeable for 3 minutes and then my nose ignores it.

So far I've tried Air Wick'ing the entire room with this delicious apple strudel smell, but that fades away just as fast.

Help.
Check your trash can.
Dec 8, 2013 3:30 PM

Aug 2012
I'm sniffing straight into it, but it's mostly nothing. I only throw paper/office-based junk in there, since a real trash can's a few steps outside.
Dec 8, 2013 3:34 PM
Oct 2011
Tried opening the windows and airing the room?
Dec 8, 2013 3:35 PM

Aug 2009
MellowJello said:

Help.

Take a shower, I've had the same problem, but taking a quick shower fixed it.
Dec 8, 2013 3:37 PM

Aug 2012
Candor said:
That sounds like a good idea. I've been wondering whether air conditioner counts, but I'll do it when the whether doesn't freeze my ass off. Does airing your room remove the odor, or just temporarily mask it?

Olveparty said:
Take a shower, I've had the same problem, but taking a quick shower fixed it.
Oh no, I can smell myself just fine. And like I said, it's only in my own room, so I don't know what's causing it.
Dec 8, 2013 3:40 PM

Feb 2010
Do you have any pets who might have left a 'surprise' somewhere Mellow? ^^

Aside from that I can also only think of the trashcan which is the usual culprit when my room smells.
I probably regret this post by now.
Dec 8, 2013 3:43 PM

Jul 2012
get some of that stuff you spray in the air. u know, the stuff i can't remember the name of b/c my room smells of lovely girly things ^^
Dec 8, 2013 3:43 PM

Mar 2011
Is there a possibility that some unscrupulous friends did something to your room that would have caused this odor?

How long has the odor been there?
Dec 8, 2013 3:44 PM
Oct 2011
MellowJello said:
Candor said:
That sounds like a good idea. I've been wondering whether air conditioner counts, but I'll do it when the whether doesn't freeze my ass off. Does airing your room remove the odor, or just temporarily mask it?
Airing through windows removes the odor. AC.. I think it does the same, as long as there's somewhere where the air could go out.

For me sometimes the odor is from something I ate or I drank in the room, so that might be the reason of the weird smell.
Candor123Dec 8, 2013 3:49 PM
Dec 8, 2013 3:45 PM

Aug 2012
daintybiscuit said:
get some of that stuff you spray in the air. u know, the stuff i can't remember the name of b/c my room smells of lovely girly things ^^
Yeah, I've been using Air Wick (which I'm quickly assuming is a lousy brand) to hide the smell. Compared to other brands on the shelf, it never claimed to "eliminate" any odors, so maybe that's the problem. I guess I'll cave in and buy Febreeze, ugh.

Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Do you have any pets who might have left a 'surprise' somewhere Mellow? ^^

Aside from that I can also only think of the trashcan which is the usual culprit when my room smells.
Pets in an apartment? Ha ha. Maybe my nose is adapted to the smell right now; I'll change out the trashbag and air the room out then.

Infinite said:
Is there a possibility that some unscrupulous friends did something to your room that would have caused this odor?

How long has the odor been there?
I leave my room unlocked, so that's not too far a possibility. But since I can't track the smell, and it's nothing overwhelmingly powerful (people don't know subtlety), I'm gonna have to rule it out. Unless my entire walls were painted in subtle stench.
Dec 8, 2013 3:48 PM

Jul 2012
MellowJello said:

Help.
Hmm, is your bed old? It might just be an old odor stuck in the walls or carpet or your mattress. Or maybe something in the apartment complex itself.
Dec 8, 2013 3:51 PM

Mar 2011
It's not your bed covers is it?
Dec 8, 2013 4:04 PM

Aug 2011
lupadim said:
-GOAT- said:
I'm trying to get a bottle of wine for my mom for Christmas, but idk anything about wine. Anyone have any suggestions?
The older the wine, the better. I am not talking about days, I am talking about years. Something like 10 years old wine would be perfect for the occasion.

10 years old wine isn't considered old.

My problem:
I don't have enough confidence in my self, it has been always like that since I was young, I'm shy whenever I talk to a "girl", though I don't talk to them too much nearly never, lol, and no, I'm good looking with a fit body, it's just confidence so what should I do?

Smiles and laughter are always good, but never forget your Poker Face.~
Dec 8, 2013 4:25 PM

Jul 2011
Also I think I have something wrong with my toe, its all green on the base of the nail and is starting to separate the nail from the skin.

pic related, its my toe

http://i.imgur.com/9kZG9uk.jpg

rodacDec 9, 2013 8:50 PM
Dec 8, 2013 4:33 PM
Apr 2013
Regarding your toe, it is most probably dried blood due to the bleeding below the nail. Mostly due to your toe experiencing an excessive force like hitting a chair accidentally or someone step on your toe.
Dec 8, 2013 4:43 PM

Mar 2009
Infinite said:
It's not your bed covers is it?
It's probably this.
If you didn't change your bed covers it's probably dried sweat?
You always sweat at night and that stays on your bed sheets.

-Zeaos said:

My problem:
I don't have enough confidence in my self, it has been always like that since I was young, I'm shy whenever I talk to a "girl", though I don't talk to them too much nearly never, lol, and no, I'm good looking with a fit body, it's just confidence so what should I do?
Franky, shyness isn't really something you can get help with on the internet.
The best I can tell you is to not give it all too much thought when starting a conversation. Don't think about what the other person might think just go with the flow of the conversation.
No person really dislikes talking to other people and a "pretty" person is just as normal a human as is everyone of us "normals".

Mod Edit: Double post combined.
rodacDec 9, 2013 6:09 PM
Dec 8, 2013 6:34 PM
Oct 2011
-Zeaos said:
lupadim said:
-GOAT- said:
I'm trying to get a bottle of wine for my mom for Christmas, but idk anything about wine. Anyone have any suggestions?
The older the wine, the better. I am not talking about days, I am talking about years. Something like 10 years old wine would be perfect for the occasion.

My problem:

First of all: act normal. Don't try to be different just for the sake of being different or to look cool, 'cause you normally make a fool out of yourself. First step: Write normally without coloring. Done that? Well, you're one step forward.

2nd: Try to be neat and look good (showering + neat and clean clothes and hair namely), or try not to look/smell bad.

3rd: Try not to think of girls only as gf-material. (Thinking of them that way would give you a lot of trouble, believe it) Think of them as normal people you'd talk to and people you'd take as friends only.

4th: Try to be open for conversations. Try to start and continue conversations. Try to feel like you're on the same level of people you're talking to, try not to think of inferiority near them, 'cause you're not inferior to them.
(For more helpful tips try Wikihow. Yes, Wikihow. It might sound weird, but those tips can do a big change to your life and how you see things. Type "conversation" and see what you'd get)

That should probably help a bit. The rest is for you to figure out.
Candor123Dec 8, 2013 6:52 PM
Dec 9, 2013 1:58 PM

Aug 2011
-Linus- said:

So, uhm, how do you dress? Dressing the way you like, or in clothes you like actually helps to a degree with how you view yourself. So, perhaps new clothes might help with confidence issues. Just an idea.

I dress normally lol, and I've got new clothes?

Vudis said:
Franky, shyness isn't really something you can get help with on the internet.
The best I can tell you is to not give it all too much thought when starting a conversation. Don't think about what the other person might think just go with the flow of the conversation.
No person really dislikes talking to other people and a "pretty" person is just as normal a human as is everyone of us "normals".

Good idea, but I can't help it, "is she even wants to talk with me?'

Candor said:
First of all: act normal. Don't try to be different just for the sake of being different or to look cool, 'cause you normally make a fool out of yourself. First step: Write normally without coloring. Done that? Well, you're one step forward.

2nd: Try to be neat and look good (showering + neat and clean clothes and hair namely), or try not to look/smell bad.

3rd: Try not to think of girls only as gf-material. (Thinking of them that way would give you a lot of trouble, believe it) Think of them as normal people you'd talk to and people you'd take as friends only.

4th: Try to be open for conversations. Try to start and continue conversations. Try to feel like you're on the same level of people you're talking to, try not to think of inferiority near them, 'cause you're not inferior to them.
(For more helpful tips try Wikihow. Yes, Wikihow. It might sound weird, but those tips can do a big change to your life and how you see things. Type "conversation" and see what you'd get)

That should probably help a bit. The rest is for you to figure out.

First, thanks for your advices, second, I won't "stop" writing in color, I don't see any problem in that, third, might be not acting normal and not being open for conversations are my problems, I mean I'm not the type of guy who likes to show off and look cool, I'm not that social either, fourth, trust me when it comes to neatness even girls can't compete with me (I'm not gay), last, thanks again.
Dec 9, 2013 3:33 PM

Jul 2012
you don't need an old wine to be hot shit
pick something reasonably priced, say 18 - 20 dollars
talk to the guys at the store. if its a decent establishment, they really can help
i suggest something like a Gabbiano Chianti. (for example) Thats just the sort of thing i would pick
Dec 9, 2013 3:46 PM

Aug 2012
In my limited experience with alcohol, I've found that two buck chucks can taste just as nice as some pricier deals.

There's a well recorded sham (*cough* consumer idiocy) where lower-priced drinks barely made any sales, but as soon as the winery raised the bottle's price, they instantly sold out.

Best example:

Vodka.
Dec 9, 2013 4:11 PM

Feb 2010
MellowJello said:
In my limited experience with alcohol, I've found that two buck chucks can taste just as nice as some pricier deals.

There's a well recorded sham (*cough* consumer idiocy) where lower-priced drinks barely made any sales, but as soon as the winery raised the bottle's price, they instantly sold out.

Best example:

Vodka.

Idk, but there's a difference between the 4€ bottles and the 12€ bottles. Ask anyone I know xD.

The principle is true though. Also who had the idea that old wine=better? It's not Whiskey. There are good years for wine, but they don't change depending on age. Wines from a good year just become more expensive over time because they get rarer. But 2006 was a great year for austrian wine and those wines were delicious in 2007 and are still delicious and will still be in 20 years. The price will change, but not the taste.
Dec 9, 2013 4:17 PM

Aug 2012
-Zeaos said:
lupadim said:
-GOAT- said:
It is. You weren't even born at that time probably
Dec 9, 2013 7:33 PM

Aug 2012
Random question:

Should I make a thread?

There's something on my mind and I'm not sure whether it'll blow up or not.
Dec 9, 2013 7:35 PM

Jan 2009
MellowJello said:
Random question:

Should I make a thread?

as long as the thread is not breaking any rules then why not
Dec 9, 2013 7:35 PM
Jan 2013
MellowJello said:
Random question:

Should I make a thread?

MellowJello makes best threads.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2013 7:36 PM

Feb 2012
MellowJello said:
Random question:

Should I make a thread?

Make one when you reach 12345 posts.
Dec 9, 2013 7:36 PM

Aug 2012
Three different replies all suggesting I make a thread.

I shall do the opposite and not make a thread.

Good day, all.
Dec 10, 2013 3:30 AM

Aug 2011
lupadim said:
-Zeaos said:
lupadim said:
-GOAT- said:

Calling you dumb isn't even worth it..
Dec 10, 2013 5:19 AM

Aug 2012
MellowJello said:
Random question:

Should I make a thread?

Go ahead, but be careful, the moderation is removing the ability to create threads from people that create very famous threads, so if your thread blow up, you'll probably be unable to create threads as well. I won't be creating any interesting threads this month, so you should go and create something that will entertain the MAL users.
-Zeaos said:
lupadim said:
-Zeaos said:
lupadim said:
-GOAT- said:
Calling you dumb isn't even worth it.
Calling me dumb won't change the fact 10 years old wine is old.
Dec 10, 2013 8:39 AM

Apr 2013
lupadim said:
MellowJello said:
Random question:

Should I make a thread?

Go ahead, but be careful, the moderation is removing the ability to create threads from people that create very famous threads, so if your thread blow up, you'll probably be unable to create threads as well. I won't be creating any interesting threads this month, so you should go and create something that will entertain the MAL users.
-Zeaos said:
lupadim said:
-Zeaos said:
lupadim said:
-GOAT- said:
Calling you dumb isn't even worth it.
Calling me dumb won't change the fact 10 years old wine is old.

I prefer my wine newborn.

Straight from the factory to my lap.

You should get some of that.
I love naruto~kun he's my husbando~~~~
Dec 10, 2013 9:17 AM

Nov 2012
Is there really a general rule about how many years it takes for wine to be considered old?

Not to mention old wine doesn't equal good wine.

Depending on the type/region/storage/whatever, 2-3 years can be enough to bring out its potential, but 1 year might be enough for most to begin deteriorating.
Dec 11, 2013 2:23 PM

Aug 2012
I like this thread, so I'm gonna ask more banal questions.

So my non-stick pan, after frying several oily things (namely summer sausage), seems to have developed a "crust" of stuck-on oil, that not even the dish washer can get out. The problem being that this "oil" doesn't really help things not stick.

So, I need help getting rid of it so my nonstick pan is actually non stick.

And no, I ain't buying a new pan. I'm poor.
Dec 11, 2013 2:27 PM

Aug 2009
MellowJello said:
I like this thread, so I'm gonna ask more banal questions.

So my non-stick pan, after frying several oily things (namely summer sausage), seems to have developed a "crust" of stuck-on oil, that not even the dish washer can get out. The problem being that this "oil" doesn't really help things not stick.

So, I need help getting rid of it so my nonstick pan is actually non stick.

And no, I ain't buying a new pan. I'm poor.

Have you tried manually cleaning it with some dishwashing liquid? Or maybe take a knife and scrape it off?
Dec 11, 2013 2:31 PM
Mar 2013
@MellowJello

1.) Fill the pan with water and add 3-4 drops of vinegar.
2.) Set the pan on the stove and bring the water to a boil
3.) After a while you'll see the oil seperate from the pan and float to the surface
4.) When you see the oil layer then you can take the pan off the stove and throw away the water/oil mixture
5.) Wash the pan as you would normally

I hope you reconsider using non-stick pans. All of them are made from teflon which is not safe for humans.

http://www.ewg.org/research/healthy-home-tips/tip-6-skip-non-stick-avoid-dangers-teflon

Olveparty said:
Have you tried manually cleaning it with some dishwashing liquid? Or maybe take a knife and scrape it off?
I wouldn't recommend this because you could damage the non-stick coating by doing this.

Best to follow Vudis' advice and buy a good ceramic one. I have one and trust me you won't go wrong ^_^
emeraldrosaryDec 11, 2013 2:41 PM
Dec 11, 2013 2:32 PM

Mar 2009
Hm, dish washer is generally not a good idea for any pan.
The easiest way out of this would've been cleaning it per hand after every dish you make.
I'd just try whatever dishwashing liquid you have at home and try to get rid of that crust.
Steel wool could help if you have that at home.
Or just buy a new one....poor Mellow.

If you buy a new one I'd advise you to buy a ceramic pan.
They're really easy to clean because there's hardly any food getting stuck on the pan.
Dec 11, 2013 2:52 PM

Aug 2012
emeraldrosary said:
@MellowJello

1.) Fill the pan with water and add 3-4 drops of vinegar.
2.) Set the pan on the stove and bring the water to a boil
3.) After a while you'll see the oil seperate from the pan and float to the surface
4.) When you see the oil layer then you can take the pan off the stove and throw away the water/oil mixture
5.) Wash the pan as you would normally
I'll do this and see how it turns out.

Vudis said:
The easiest way out of this would've been cleaning it per hand after every dish you make.
If you buy a new one I'd advise you to buy a ceramic pan.
They're really easy to clean because there's hardly any food getting stuck on the pan.
On that first note, I do rinse after every cook. But washing after every use is a pain in the butt.
Hmm. You know the reason why I probably have this problem is because the pan is cheap. *sigh*

On realization I just noticed I've been treating my non-stick pan like a cast iron skillet. Great.
Dec 11, 2013 2:58 PM

Aug 2009
emeraldrosary said:
I wouldn't recommend this because you could damage the non-stick coating by doing this.

That's probably the reason why my non-stick pan no longer is non-stick. I know they told me at the store not to use metal in it and only wooden/plastic tools, but fuck that shit, I am not buying a wooden anything.
Dec 11, 2013 3:00 PM

Aug 2012
Olveparty said:
emeraldrosary said:
That's probably the reason why my non-stick pan no longer is non-stick. I know they told me at the store not to use metal in it and only wooden/plastic tools, but fuck that shit, I am not buying a wooden anything.
It's like you have to make the choice of "do I want my pan to gradually lose its non-stick coating, or do I want my wooden tools to absorb all sorts of funky flavors after several uses?"

Oh, I forgot. About the dish washing liquid; yeah I tried that. No dice.
Dec 11, 2013 3:00 PM

Mar 2009
A wooden spoon is essential for cooking! Olve pls.

Also yea, everyone should buy ceramic pans. They're not really that much more expensive but they're sooo comfy.

Edit:
You can put your wooden spoon into the dishwasher though.
Dec 11, 2013 3:01 PM

Feb 2010
Olveparty said:
emeraldrosary said:

Over time violent use of wooden tools will also damag the non-stick coating in my personal experience, so you only gain some time anyway.

@Mellow: I usually just use hot water + dishwashing liquid and let the whole thing soak for a day or two, then I go in with the scrub. Depending on how intensely the food burnt that process may have to be repeated a couple of times until the pan returns to its original state. That method needs patience, but I have a second and third pan to use in the meantime because I live in luxury :P
Dec 11, 2013 3:02 PM

Nov 2012
Olveparty said:
emeraldrosary said:

Yeah, fuck them, I do what I want!

Seriously though, how does one exist without wooden spoon?
Dec 11, 2013 3:05 PM

Aug 2009
I have one teflon whatever non-stick and one iron pan. What am I going to do with a wooden spoon when I cook my delicious steaks? I have a metal spatula and it's been with me for so long, I am never giving it up!
Pages (198) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» do you like the fandom of your fave musical artists ??

ame - Apr 17

20 by Malkshake »»
17 minutes ago

» Planning a Spain Trip

redlockhigh - Apr 8

23 by Malkshake »»
22 minutes ago

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - 1 hour ago

7 by rohan121 »»
24 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - 5 hours ago

10 by Malkshake »»
24 minutes ago

» Why should we have sympathy for drug addicts? ( 1 2 )

HarryRambod22 - Feb 10, 2022

72 by KitsuFrost »»
29 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.