Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 7, 2013 9:49 AM

Sep 2011
kazetoushin said:

I definitely need to prepare myself for the next 2 episodes don't I ... >.>

If you're referring to the drama, it'll be on the next episode.

Dec 2012
kazetoushin said:
Gotta love Kyousuke... he worked so hard to protect both of them T_T

-After reading everyone's comment-

There's 3 more bro.

Sep 2012
Maffy said:
I still don't get what the heck is happening.

==BEWARE OF DEM SPOILERS IN THIS POST==

We only get to know that Kyousuke turned the time back (HOW?!) to avoid/ prepare for a catastrophy and created a world (HOW??)

So, the world we knew till a few epis back doesn't exist anymore and we are in a new world that Kyousuke made, where he can barely stand???

and the people in Little Busters except Riki and Rin knew about it (HOW?!?), though not sure if Kurugaya and the rest knew from the start,
(Did everyone know they kept repeating the same shit till Riki gets it?!),

AND EVERYONE ELSE JUST GOES ALONG WITH HIM. I find it absurd that if the rest knew from the start what was going on, they opened their hearts again and again AND AGAIN...

until his powers (WHAT!) started waning and he had to let some people go (WHERE? HOW? WHAT!).

And the rest were bitches about creating the team again, whyyy? Was it cause it'd change nothing? So they thought snapping on Riki would make things better? I don't get it.

I refuse to believe that everyone sacrifices themselves just so Riki and Rin can get stronger. Whatever is going to happen (if the gas leak was a hint, someone (or more) is going to die), I can't just accept that people just kept reliving everything willingly...

EDIT: Refer to Draakisback's post (post #68), it seems I made quite a few mistakes and false assumptions typing those chunks of text :x
koagzeroDec 7, 2013 7:02 PM
Dec 7, 2013 9:50 AM

Jun 2013
Holy Shit! I Am soooooo not ready for next weeks episode! :')
Dec 7, 2013 9:51 AM

Jul 2013
Damn, Kyousuke's words just left me speechless throughout the episode. Glad that he sees Riki and Rin matured a lot throughout those times they've spent together. I really felt it, when Kyousuke was struggling himself to crawl towards the end.

I hope these next 3 episodes will have that same emotional impact like this one.

Dec 7, 2013 9:55 AM

May 2012
Why?

I saw this one coming, but it still was so hard to watch...
I could sense it from previous episodes; every single dialogue had a strange undertone to it.. And now here we are.

The most painful part was seeing all the objects scattered around... So really every one of them.... T-T
Dec 7, 2013 9:56 AM
Feb 2013
I have really really really mixed feelings about this episode. On one hand, it had some of the best moments of the series IMO, Kyouske crawling through that awful place was great to see animated. And as a VA, I've always liked Kyouske, he completely carries this with his great voice acting and emotional tale. On the other hand, there's a big BUS that makes things obvious as to what exactly happened, there are also lines where Kyouske comes out and basically spells out the plot, blatantly telling the viewer what exactly he was doing (which is fine) AND WHY (which isn't.) in both places. These were not things to reveal on this episode. They were things for next episode.

Not to mention he didn't "reset the world", that kind of bothered me, though i can understand why they didn't include it in the show since it is kind of brutal and gory but thats kind of the point. It doesn't make sense with out him resetting the world. Also this "weakening of his power over the world" was a new thing, that was not in the source material, and it came out feeling very forced and unnecessary, in the VN, Kyouske has the power to maintain the world infinitely. I guess they did it so they could show the girls leaving in that one episode but that also felt out of place and kind of silly to me.

Aside from those few minor gripes, the biggest issue for me was in fact the slow pacing of the episode its self, I know this sounds odd considering how rushed the others were. With this one we jump directly into kyouske's PoV from the get go, which did feel rushed, but then everything afterwards was needlessly over explained. there were definitely scenes that could have been removed or replaced to give the episode a better cohesive feeling.

Then the real problem comes with the episode ending. I know that sounds bizarre but because they had to keep it to 20 minutes and end it where they did, it makes the entire experience of refrain feel so disjointed. I remember when I was first at this point in the VN, after this point i couldn't stop playing and ended up staying up for another 5 hours completing the entire thing and finally going to bed at like 9 am. i realize they cant do that with an anime that's in 20 minute installments. But some how, it just feels like they should have made the rest of refrain into this 120-130 minute movie.

Let me know if you guys feel that I've put in too many "spoilers", personally I think everything ive said here was blatantly obvious from this episode and the parts that are still vague I left vague. Overall i liked the episode and it was a positive experience but i still cant help picking out the minor issues.
Dec 7, 2013 10:01 AM

Dec 2012
Draakisback said:
I have really really really mixed feelings about this episode. On one hand, it had some of the best moments of the series IMO, Kyouske crawling through that awful place was great to see animated. And as a VA, I've always liked Kyouske, he completely carries this with his great voice acting and emotional tale. On the other hand, there's a big BUS that makes things obvious as to what exactly happened, there are also lines where Kyouske comes out and basically spells out the plot, blatantly telling the viewer what exactly he was doing (which is fine) AND WHY (which isn't.) in both places. These were not things to reveal on this episode. They were things for next episode.

Not to mention he didn't "reset the world", that kind of bothered me, though i can understand why they didn't include it in the show since it is kind of brutal and gory but thats kind of the point. It doesn't make sense with out him resetting the world. Also this "weakening of his power over the world" was a new thing, that was not in the source material, and it came out feeling very forced and unnecessary, in the VN, Kyouske has the power to maintain the world infinitely. I guess they did it so they could show the girls leaving in that one episode but that also felt out of place and kind of silly to me.

Aside from those few minor gripes, the biggest issue for me was in fact the slow pacing of the episode its self, I know this sounds odd considering how rushed the others were. With this one we jump directly into kyouske's PoV from the get go, which did feel rushed, but then everything afterwards was needlessly over explained. there were definitely scenes that could have been removed or replaced to give the episode a better cohesive feeling.

Then the real problem comes with the episode ending. I know that sounds bizarre but because they had to keep it to 20 minutes and end it where they did, it makes the entire experience of refrain feel so disjointed. I remember when I was first at this point in the VN, after this point i couldn't stop playing and ended up staying up for another 5 hours completing the entire thing and finally going to bed at like 9 am. i realize they cant do that with an anime that's in 20 minute installments. But some how, it just feels like they should have made the rest of refrain into this 120-130 minute movie.

Let me know if you guys feel that I've put in too many "spoilers", personally I think everything ive said here was blatantly obvious from this episode and the parts that are still vague I left vague. Overall i liked the episode and it was a positive experience but i still cant help picking out the minor issues.

I feel the last issue you put forward isn't something they can really fix. It's an issue that comes with it being an episodic experience. And by ending it here, we get the time to have a 1:1 adaptation of the next part of the VN which I think will probably be the best thing ever. Also, I don't mind that they revealed so much this episode. People have been complaining about the lack of answers and it's actually been enough to push people away from the show. By handing us the answers bit by bit it at least makes it seem like the story's progressing in some way, rather than throwing it on us all at once.

Sep 2012
koagzero said:
Maffy said:

much explanation by koagzero]

Bunch of major spoilers there, but I agree with everyone that quoted you.
If you pay much attention, the questions you have are already answered.
Don't rage over something you don't understand, even when a lot of others do.

Sep 2012
Tennouji_ said:
kazetoushin said:

If you're referring to the drama, it'll be on the next episode.

>implying episode 12 won't be nearly as amazing.
Dec 7, 2013 10:05 AM

Aug 2012
Pretty good I for one did enjoy how they did the flashback and how they animated this part. I don't think i am inertly ready for the final 3 eps but I just hope JC does not ruin it but messing up something or changing something more so then they already did. So keep going ready for the next ones not a bad animation of this part not bad at all.
Dec 7, 2013 10:06 AM

Nov 2013
Oooh this week was goood.
Music placement was perfect and matched every scene appropriately.
Animation was nearly as good as in the Kurigaya arc.
And we finally get some freaking answers from Kyousuke!!
Well done JC, well done. I am more interested in playing the VN when this season ends now as well.

5/5. Well, back to anxiously counting down the hours for next Saturday morning.
Dec 7, 2013 10:16 AM

Nov 2012
Lol episode just created tons of more unanswered questions! Looking forward to finally seeing how everything is sewn together. Not sure where that accident fits but looking forward to seeing how it does in the coming episode. Good episode.

Dec 7, 2013 10:17 AM

Dec 2011
Kyousuke fucking hero. <3 ;__;

The preview for the next episode gave me chills when Kyousuke said, "The time for say goodbye is come". D:
Dec 7, 2013 10:23 AM

Jun 2013
Awesome episode.Can't wait for next one.
Dec 7, 2013 10:36 AM

Oct 2013
What a tragedy... I follow this series since the first season and the little busters as a team really grow up on me, even the most annoying girls of the group, and now a lot of things made sense to me, still I have some question but there's still 3 episodes, but man seriously, the next episodes probably will been painful for me :(
Dec 7, 2013 10:36 AM
Feb 2013
koagzero said:
Maffy said:

We only get to know that Kyousuke turned the time back (HOW?!) to avoid/ prepare for a catastrophy and created a world (HOW??)

So, the world we knew till a few epis back doesn't exist anymore and we are in a new world that Kyousuke made, where he can barely stand???

and the people in Little Busters except Riki and Rin knew about it (HOW?!?), though not sure if Kurugaya and the rest knew from the start,

AND EVERYONE ELSE JUST GOES ALONG WITH HIM. I find it absurd that if the rest knew from the start what was going on, they opened their hearts again and again AND AGAIN...

until his powers (WHAT!) started waning and he had to let some people go (WHERE? HOW? WHAT!).

And the rest were bitches about creating the team again, whyyy? Was it cause it'd change nothing? So they thought snapping on Riki would make things better? I don't get it.

I refuse to believe that everyone sacrifices themselves just so Riki and Rin can get stronger. Whatever is going to happen (if the gas leak was a hint, someone (or more) is going to die), I can't just accept that people just kept reliving everything willingly...

Actually man, a few of these are wrong. Firstly, they do explain how the world was created.
koagzero said:
Maffy said:

A lot of your explanations are not fully correct. First, we do learn how the world was created, maybe not how the phenomena exists but how kyouke does create the world. I wont go into detail unless they don't explain it in the anime but its explained pretty well in the VN though its still scifi.

Next, through each repeat rin/riki didnt escape from the school. that only happened once and it caused the warped world that was refrain. This is clearly stated in the VN. This is why we have rin 1 and rin 2. Rin 1 being the first time around and rin 2 happening because rin and riki matured enough to go farther. This isnt to say that each repeat ended with rin and riki together, in the VN each repeat happened after each of the heroine endings, be it good or bad.

Kengo, Masato and Kyouke all knew about the world for a reason which will be stated later when they talk about its creation. whether or not the girls knew about the world from the start is still up for debate from a lot of people. There are things to heavily suggest that some at least figured it out at the end and some knew from the start, in both the VN and anime. An example is komari who says to riki a few things like the line "may your eyes see farther..." (i forget the exact line.) clearly this line is suggesting that she realizes the situation they are in. As for the others, there are other instances like that in their routes but also some like Kurugaya's and Nishizono's which are a direct cause of them being in the artificial world. Kurugaya knew what it was and her wish contradicted the world's purpose thus it went out of wack, a la "angel beats!" (If her wish, to love, came true she would end up staying the the world forever with riki.) In response, either Kyouske or the world its self caused the backwards time loops and amnesia to stop this from happening. Then her ending she infers that she knows what the place is and strait up tells this to riki, hence her true ending. Mio brings her imaginary friend into the world because she realizes its possible. she then tries to leave the world and "commit suicide" leaving her friend in her place because its so painful.

The ones that did know realized what he was trying to do and decided to help him. Im sure not all of them understood the true purpose of kyouske's goal, but it was essentially like this, get your wish granted and help me in return. thats what i took from the VN, this is obviously all speculation ofc since its never fully stated in it what kind of deal if any they struck. On the other hand, we know full well that kengo didnt go along with kyouske. He strongly opposed what he was trying to do because kengo didnt believe that they could grow in a "closed world like that". Also there are a few other reasons which haven't been talked about yet in the anime for kengo going against kyouske so i wont touch on them here. Masato didn't exactly go along with kyouske either. He just wanted to help both of his friends, riki and rin as well as protect them, he stayed neutral but helped kyouske, riki and rin and acted as he normally would.

As for kyouske's power waning, this never happens in the VN. It is said in the VN that the world could have been sustained forever. Kyouske chooses not to do this because he wants his friends to keep going and growing. Talking too much about this part would be a huge spoiler so i wont, suffice to say that the power waning was added into the anime and was no where in the VN.

when Riki set out to create the little busters again, Masato who knew about the world and how it worked realized that kyouske was still sort of pulling the strings, although more indirectly then before. he knew that to join riki he would end up causing some issues (because of kyouske's influence) so he went along with it like he always would have. As i said before, Kengo opposed kyouske and therefore riki remaking the LB since he realized kyouske was still influencing it and he was bitter over kyouske's plan failing (aka the part that leads to refrain) so he told riki he wouldn't join him so that he would stay ignorant of what was to come and so that they could all stay in that world forever with him protecting and playing with all his friends forever.

The last part you got completely correct. Anyhow, ive spent quite a bit of time deconstructing the VN since i first played it. Ive left out a lot but that's simply because the anime isnt finished or at the points i didn't talk about yet. I just felt i should correct some of your points and make things a little clearer for people who dont fully understand everything up till now.
DraakisbackDec 7, 2013 10:42 AM
Dec 7, 2013 10:44 AM
Feb 2013
ZMEI said:
Exbo said:
ZMEI said:
can someone please explain a bit about that Komari's bad end that appeared in this episode?

If you anime-only viewers don't understand what's happening, pay attention ;3 ;
This episode is practically my favourite. Kyousuke is the best.

i understood about that brother stuff that happened to her, but was wondering about the meaning of what appeared here
thanks, helped a lot

The reason i think they showed the bad ending for komari was because they wanted to show that the world had repeated more times then you had seen on screen and that riki had also matured because of these endless repetitions. they also wanted to show kyouske's determination to make his plan work. I think thats all it was about.
Dec 7, 2013 10:48 AM
Feb 2013
Seano299 said:
Draakisback said:

I feel the last issue you put forward isn't something they can really fix. It's an issue that comes with it being an episodic experience. And by ending it here, we get the time to have a 1:1 adaptation of the next part of the VN which I think will probably be the best thing ever. Also, I don't mind that they revealed so much this episode. People have been complaining about the lack of answers and it's actually been enough to push people away from the show. By handing us the answers bit by bit it at least makes it seem like the story's progressing in some way, rather than throwing it on us all at once.

ofc i understand that, its just how i felt at the end of the episode. I know that when the show ends and you go to watch it again you can just keep watching through this episode to the next so it shouldnt be an issue for long. Also im not condemning that they give the answers now its just a bit more blunt then i expected. Refrain's ending is partially as powerful as it is because you dont fully know whats going to happen even if you've guessed parts of it and there are tremendous "OH SHIT" moments as you connect one piece to the next. Hell. i remember when i first played through it i knew about the bus etc as soon as they showed in the beginning of refrain and yet I was surprised when they showed the diverting motivations and all the foreshadowing and by the end I was still an emotional wreck by the end.
Dec 7, 2013 10:50 AM

Nov 2013
If anyone needs a pick-me-up... just imagine Kyosuke running around in his mask yelling, "Umauuu!"

Really slow episode, but I loved the anime's take on Komari's bad ending.

They changed a few things, but I don't think they were really bad. The world having a limited lifespan sort of made Kengo look like a jerk, though D: They COULD have staying in the world forever in the VN. That's what he wanted to do.
Dec 7, 2013 10:52 AM
Feb 2013
Aeroing said:
If anyone needs a pick-me-up... just imagine Kyosuke running around in his mask yelling, "Umauuu!"

Really slow episode, but I loved the anime's take on Komari's bad ending.

They changed a few things, but I don't think they were really bad. The world having a limited lifespan sort of made Kengo look like a jerk, though D: They COULD have staying in the world forever in the VN. That's what he wanted to do.

Yeah thats probably my biggest issue with the episode. I dont think it makes kengo look like a jerk, more like a person in denial which lets face it he was in the VN too. But this notion that there was some reason why kyouske couldnt maintain the world forever is kinda contrived imo.
Dec 7, 2013 10:54 AM

Sep 2009
And I always told myself I would never like a recap episode.

This was beautiful and I am preparing tissues for the episodes that follow.
Dec 7, 2013 10:57 AM
Feb 2013
DJNOSTYLE said:
And I always told myself I would never like a recap episode.

This was beautiful and I am preparing tissues for the episodes that follow.

While it is a recap episode, it isnt really one so youre excused. Its more like a repeated episode from a differing PoV with added content. Just imagine if they did it scene for scene from the VN and made you watch 1 hour worth of scenes youve already seen from kyouske's perspective or even worse, if they made LB! into the "endless 8" because they couldnt hide the time loops.
Dec 7, 2013 11:02 AM
Jun 2013
Personnally, I think changing the eternal world into one with a limited lifespan is a good idea picked by JC Staff. It feels more realistic and Kengo's motives are easier to counteract this way. That doesn't make him look like a jerk or anything in my opinion. They didn't talk that much, especially since what happened in episode 6, so he's not supposed to know about Kyousuke's power waning.
Dec 7, 2013 11:05 AM

Oct 2012
Hmm, I am disappointed, no emotions for me, this was really badly done and cheap looking recap.
And I am not huge fan of JCS's alteration of things (the explanation how the world was created was all wrong).
Mich666Dec 7, 2013 11:11 AM
Dec 7, 2013 11:06 AM

Nov 2013
Ol-Hybrius said:
They didn't talk that much, especially since what happened in episode 6, so he's not supposed to know about Kyousuke's power waning.

I like this. I'll stick to this.

I love you Kengo. Not as much at Riki, Kurugaya, Kud... ect... but I still love you!
AeroingDec 7, 2013 11:09 AM
Dec 7, 2013 11:11 AM
Jun 2013
Aeroing said:
Ol-Hybrius said:
They didn't talk that much, especially since what happened in episode 6, so he's not supposed to know about Kyousuke's power waning.

I like this. I'll stick to this.

I love you Kengo. Not as much at Riki, Kugura, Kud... ect... but I still love you!

Yeah. Kengo is definitely the most childish guy in the team, but he won't risk his friends' life in any case. If he had known about Kyousuke's power waning, pretty sure he would have stick with him, even if he wanted to spend more time playing with everyone.
Dec 7, 2013 11:17 AM

Sep 2012
Draakisback said:

Yeah, the whole quicksand falling from the baseball part did influence Kengo's character. It makes it seem like Kengo knew the world would HAVE to inevitably crumble, while in the VN, it could've gone on forever.
I think the inevitability is a good addition to the story, but it does put Kengo down a at least step further in terms of bro-ness. It could work out well, though.

I didn't check those huge tower of quotes in regards to Maffy's questions.
Too busy editing these subs.
Vladz0rDec 7, 2013 11:21 AM
Dec 7, 2013 11:23 AM
Feb 2013
Vladz0r said:
Draakisback said:

Yeah, the whole quicksand falling from the baseball part did influence Kengo's character. It makes it seem like Kengo knew the world would HAVE to inevitably crumble, while in the VN, it could've gone on forever.
I think the inevitability is a good addition to the story, but it does put Kengo down a at least step further in terms of bro-ness. It could work out well, though.

I didn't check those huge tower of quotes in regards to Maffy's questions.
Too busy editing these subs.

just slight changes and corrections. Some of the stuff was left out or explained slightly wrong.
Dec 7, 2013 11:36 AM

Oct 2011
Kyousuke T____________T I forgive you!!!!!!!!!!!!! bawling my eyes out TwT

Theory
AnimeFan500Dec 7, 2013 5:12 PM
Dec 7, 2013 11:49 AM

Sep 2012
AnimeFan500 said:
Kyousuke T____________T I forgive you!!!!!!!!!!!!! bawling my eyes out TwT

Theory

*Kurugaya, *Komari

The part about Kyousuke "not being able to sustain the world anymore" is an anime-only thing, and somewhat part of new speculation with how they're handling it. In the original story, they could've extended the dream indefinitely, but Kyousuke was forcefully bringing it to an end anyway.

The reason Kurugaya disappeared was because she tried to sustain the dream and keep it from looping back from June 20th to May 13th after Riki had helped her with her problem, because she was in love with Riki. She eventually couldn't sustain it any longer and gave up, and the girls, save for Komari, left he dream world soon after her.

Hm, I wish I could add an explanation for Riki's narcolepsy in my gallery. I may try to do this sometime, actually.
It's a real-life issue Riki has had, and it's related to his weakness and inability to stay calm and help others. When he starts to worry, he'll often panic and it'll trigger a narcoleptic attack. However, there are some narcoleptic attacks that seem to occur naturally as well. It's not quite related to Kyousuke looping the world.
Kyousuke only reverses time to the beginning of May 13th once Riki reaches the end of a heroine arc, or fails to help a heroine (in alternate timelines not shown in the anime).

As for your first point, it'll get explained better next episode.

Yeah, I'll add Riki narcolepsy and Kurugaya explanation to my gallery.
Don't check it out until episode 11, though.
Vladz0rDec 7, 2013 11:59 AM
Dec 7, 2013 12:16 PM

Jan 2008
I don't get it... I don't play the VN

How come Kyousuke has the power to go back in time?

Did Kyousuke created the girls?

Where is Kyousuke at the end and why is he bleeding?
Dec 7, 2013 12:52 PM

Jan 2010
Sad to know that the anime is coming to an end, and sadder still be the next episode. I think LB outperforms all other works of Key, knew this before Question by visual novel, I always believed in the good work d JC Staff with the partnership of Warner, although most have suspected, but now I am glad everything is going as I imagined. Just wanted to send a shout-out there for whom droppou anime just by knowing it would not be the KyoAni are assholes who judge the book by its cover and only care about appearances.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the
Dec 7, 2013 12:58 PM
Sep 2013
WillKamio said:
Sad to know that the anime is coming to an end, and sadder still be the next episode. I think LB outperforms all other works of Key, knew this before Question by visual novel, I always believed in the good work d JC Staff with the partnership of Warner, although most have suspected, but now I am glad everything is going as I imagined. Just wanted to send a shout-out there for whom droppou anime just by knowing it would not be the KyoAni are assholes who judge the book by its cover and only care about appearances.

Well said.
Don't feel sorry for those people though, they don't deserve watching a masterpiece.
Dec 7, 2013 1:21 PM

Nov 2012
Absolutely stunning episode. This has perfectly lined up everything that will be in store. It gave you enough hints about what really happened without directly saying it. JC Staff, I tip my hat *proceeds to hat*
'Once an Arsenal man, always an Arsenal man.' - Bob Wilson.

Dec 7, 2013 2:17 PM

Nov 2013
thelotusf1fan said:
Absolutely stunning episode. This has perfectly lined up everything that will be in store. It gave you enough hints about what really happened without directly saying it. JC Staff, I tip my hat *proceeds to hat*

Hah, really? I sort of felt they really did just sort of say most of it--hence the Kyosuke monologue. Not that it was bad, but I really don't think it was subtle at all.
Dec 7, 2013 2:47 PM
Sep 2013
I said last week that this episode will reveal most of the secret. But not all of it.

This is the way to make you eager to know what is their destiny more. And it's following the same way VN did very well.

For the recap part, this is what the way SHOULD be and don't even complaint about it. It is what it is in VN too. You get MORE recap & same dialogues from episode Kengo and Kyousuke in VN. It is to describe the underline purpose from different point of views, which tells you tons of depth hidden in Season1 and first 9 episodes of Refrain.

If you don't feel a bit emotion on this episode, I have no word to say. You didn't even try paying attention to this show a bit & treated it like other cheap animes, why would you expect tons of the FEELS from the show?
Dec 7, 2013 3:00 PM

Dec 2007
Pretty good episode, although it was painful to see Kyousuke crawling through the dirt ;_;
Dec 7, 2013 3:02 PM

Apr 2008
FEELS at 90% and still building. Not sure if i'm ready for next week. :'D

Also, t'was a budget saving yet completely 'necessary' approach to the animation this week; so it's understandable. I'm expecting some top notch quality animation next week!
Dec 7, 2013 3:03 PM

Oct 2011
Dec 7, 2013 3:03 PM

Dec 2013
Welps... Ouch... The episode hit me right in the kokoro, as the VN did...
After all that Brosuke has done he goes, "I'll prolong these final moments to give Riki another chance. If I can do that, in the end, I'll know that my INSIGNIFICANT LIFE has some meaning." Oh the pain... (HOW CAN HE EVEN CALL HIS LIFE INSIGNIFICANT!???)

I should probably go to the supermarket to buy a tonne of tissue rolls for the next episode.

Overall, awesome episode. I'm probably maybe just a tiny bit disappointed that parts of the flashback weren't redrawn but Kyousuke's monologue has taken me on a feels trip...
Dec 7, 2013 3:41 PM

Jun 2009
The only thing that really bothered was that in the VN the creators of the world were all Little Busters, including the girls. In the anime they changed so only Kyousuke was the responsible of it's birth. That kinda of make it seems like Kyousuke pulled them forcibly in the dream world.

Disregarding that, this was a beautiful episode, 5/5.
Dec 7, 2013 3:43 PM
Sep 2013
Draakisback said:

As for kyouske's power waning, this never happens in the VN. It is said in the VN that the world could have been sustained forever. Kyouske chooses not to do this because he wants his friends to keep going and growing. Talking too much about this part would be a huge spoiler so i wont, suffice to say that the power waning was added into the anime and was no where in the VN.

when Riki set out to create the little busters again, Masato who knew about the world and how it worked realized that kyouske was still sort of pulling the strings, although more indirectly then before. he knew that to join riki he would end up causing some issues (because of kyouske's influence) so he went along with it like he always would have. As i said before, Kengo opposed kyouske and therefore riki remaking the LB since he realized kyouske was still influencing it and he was bitter over kyouske's plan failing (aka the part that leads to refrain) so he told riki he wouldn't join him so that he would stay ignorant of what was to come and so that they could all stay in that world forever with him protecting and playing with all his friends forever.

I disagree with you on this one. Kyousuke's power is waning. I can feel it from Refrain route in VN. He realized this dream world is not eternal so that he push himself and Riki and Rin so hard.
Dec 7, 2013 3:45 PM

Sep 2007
Really clever way of explaining the series' events thus far

Dec 7, 2013 3:49 PM
Sep 2013
xFelipe said:
The only thing that really bothered was that in the VN the creators of the world were all Little Busters, including the girls. In the anime they changed so only Kyousuke was the responsible of it's birth. That kinda of make it seems like Kyousuke pulled them forcibly in the dream world.

You're wrong. Kyousuke IS the responsible of the world's birth. Others are its supporters, or you can say GMs. Kyousuke is actually the creator, no doubt.
Dec 7, 2013 4:14 PM

Sep 2008
xFelipe said:

Wafuu~
Dec 7, 2013 4:36 PM
Feb 2013
For a second there I thought it would be a straight clipshow, so it was a surprise to see one of the bad ends depicted. I was starting to be unsympathetic toward Kyousuke in recent eps but this got me back on his side again.
Dec 7, 2013 4:39 PM

Jul 2010
Ok I'm an anime viiewer, tell me if I'm wrong, or better don't tell me anything.

Anyway, enjoyed the episode as always, the next episode looks though.
Dec 7, 2013 5:12 PM

Jan 2011
Hot damn this felt like two episodes in one, really don't know how i'm gonna be able to handle these next two weeks just getting teary thinking about it!.
Dec 7, 2013 5:13 PM

Oct 2011
Akanezora said:
Ok I'm an anime viiewer, tell me if I'm wrong, or better don't tell me anything.

I thought of the same thing you mentioned : 0
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2013

538 by PepegasLand »»
Apr 19, 12:46 PM

» Is it likely Little Busters Refrain will reach top 5 in MAL? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Oct 3, 2013

308 by polarbeararmy »»
Apr 16, 8:53 AM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

351 by FUNNYDOGE »»
Apr 13, 12:16 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2013

391 by Remurst »»
Apr 9, 2:48 AM

» How good?

kam1n0 - Dec 12, 2021

21 by Donkunsan »»
Apr 2, 2023 3:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.