Forum Settings
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 8, 2013 10:30 PM

May 2012
Tobichii awesome like always. Can't wait for season 2. :)
Dec 8, 2013 10:58 PM
Feb 2012
Great episode, Tohka's voice was sooo weird to me. Hope, they use the season 1 pitch instead of the OVA for season 2
Dec 9, 2013 6:05 AM

May 2013
for the first part of this ova it was funny, origami is the best character for me
and i like how how they interact

well tokha voice seems different, the twins look cute,

overall 6/10 but +1 for dating origami so

********** a low 7/10 *************
Dec 9, 2013 6:26 AM

May 2012
Origami is so cute in this episode. 8/10

I hope it doesn't take so long for second season
Dec 9, 2013 6:43 AM

Sep 2012
Tohka sounded different? @@

Really like the Kotori ribbon changing (mode change) scene :P

Now where did I left my Yoshino-chan...
Dec 9, 2013 12:24 PM

Feb 2013
HnK reference cracked me up so fucking hard. I think liked this OVA more than the full series x'D
Dec 9, 2013 3:42 PM
Jan 2013
I loved it. Holy damn, was it good. It was hilarious! Origami saying woof was the cutest thing ever. Tohka was also really cute.

5/5
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2013 8:38 PM

Jan 2008
Dat photo.

Nice to see the twins too.
Dec 9, 2013 10:38 PM

May 2010
Too many ridiculous stuff but the Yamai sister cameo is pretty nice
Dec 10, 2013 3:22 AM

Oct 2012
"I can't stop the loneliness" xD
Lol @ Doraemon & Fist of North Star references

Is it just me? Or Tohka's voice (Marina Inoue's) is a bit different
A bit more... cute & high?

Those twins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Poor Origami, she had to do that crane game from the beginning.. again :(
But ofc Origami is the best girl!!

Oh Reine, just what are you... Well, nice job xD
"Signature removed"
Dec 10, 2013 12:14 PM

Apr 2013
Wow Shidou, you've got one nice photo there :O

Looking forward for S2 ^_^
Dec 11, 2013 1:14 PM
Feb 2013
YoxalLoyal said:
This ova was actually refreshing.

The first half was hilarious with all those Shido faces, and Origami being deadpan even in those embarrassing situations.The second half was also amusing with Tohka and Shido having a date. I lmao when Tohka destroyed almost every game in the arcade. Glad to see the Yamai sisters have a small cameo at one point in the ova. That nude photo of Tohka at the end made the episode for me.

And dat engrish in the op. Ai kant stop ze loneriness.

Is it just me, or did Tohka have a much higher pitched voice in this ep compare to the first season? It felt like someone else was voicing her.

i've doubt it at first too. but when i heard it more, i think it's real inoue marina.
Dec 13, 2013 12:54 AM

Dec 2011
Was expecting more of a fanservice OVA... oh well. It is still fun.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 13, 2013 12:52 PM

Sep 2013
This was a refreshing watch, can't wait for season 2.
Dec 13, 2013 3:36 PM

Sep 2012
So hilarious. I kept loling.
Dec 14, 2013 9:45 AM

Oct 2012
SkyTate said:
The all-famous quote "Shougakusei wa saikou daze."
This is what make me LOL so hard in the first 30 second.
Akanezora said:
Pretty random, but I liked the references, such as HnK, House of the Dead, Neptunia ect.
I wonder where the Neptunia reference is.

The monologue in the ending is probable refer to Aku no Hana ending. Dat Taketatsu Ayana way of talking...
Dec 19, 2013 8:54 PM

Nov 2009
ahhhh those twins XD
seeing them animated just hyped me up even more for the second season
Dec 20, 2013 4:05 AM

May 2010
Haha, you gotta love Origami. The way Tohka called Origami flat-chested was adorable
Dec 23, 2013 5:27 AM

Jan 2013
very funny OVA, but I didn't like Origami, she's just strange XD
Dec 28, 2013 12:46 PM

Apr 2011
Origami is so wonderfully kuudere, lol. I loved her totally nonplussed reactions to every sin Shido invented, from being a mother-con who's into cosplaying as a baby to sniffing his sister's panties and even wearing her image on his shirt ... admittedly, with Kotori, that's an understandable thing ;) I love how her every reaction is either "So desu" or "You too?" This girl is unshakeable :P

I have to admit this OVA made me like Origami a lot more than I did during the regular series. It's pretty much impossible to offend her, no matter what he says or does, as long as it doesn't involve other girls. And mmm, dem black pantsu. Speaking of, you'd think Kotori would have figured out that jealousy is the one way to scare off Origami, but knowing her she would either propose a threesome or go get her flying armor suit. Origami is anything but predictable, after all.

Who slipped Tohka the crack? XD She was super-hyper and yeah, didn't really sound like herself. I love how she thinks the only photos are nude photos. Strange and quirky little episode, I enjoyed it.
Jan 3, 2014 12:13 AM
Lewd Connoisseur

Nov 2011
Dat moment when you realize that there are actual people out there who hate Tohka. ;-;
Jan 4, 2014 2:02 AM

Sep 2012
MagicFlier said:
ahhhh those twins XD
seeing them animated just hyped me up even more for the second season

This! Can't wait to see what they're like in the anime. Also, dat preview showing them in their stripperiffic outfits. Too sexy! I'm so ready for season 2.
Jan 4, 2014 7:06 AM

Oct 2012
The twins Seirei spotted when shido and tohka on photo-both~

can't stop laugh when shido said, "jitsu wa ore wa lolicon nanda. mataku shougakusei wa saikou daze!"
Jan 5, 2014 2:47 AM

Jan 2013
Nice OVA, still feels wrong to be dating two girls at once.
Jan 9, 2014 8:43 AM

Oct 2012
Great OVA, the beginning was so funny all them complex cannot drive away the love driving Origami xD.
The opening missed me a lot so great, returning to the actual episode : Tohka with a cellphone so funny poor her she doesn't know how to use it. So the date with Origami is finally happening and so the mission is so fuck'up the date but this wont be easy, swimsuit and dog ears...really ? that really happened. Origami sure his devoted to Shido. Those nice panties and no reaction ! Great misunderstanding and Shido just messed up big way ; The twins where there in the arcade ( there cute BTW) and That picture can i have it too ?!, Great OVA as stated once more can't wait for season 2 .
Jan 15, 2014 1:29 AM

Jan 2013
lol origami is really cute, i feel bad when shido was trying to make her hate him. Can't wait for season 2 damnn
Jan 20, 2014 10:13 PM

May 2011
Lmfao it was great to finally see Origami get a date of her own and damn was it hilarious and cute to watch her do whatever Shido wanted. Tohka was especially adorable in this episode too hnnnggg.
Jan 21, 2014 2:58 PM

May 2011
Origami is too best girl for me. Really enjoyed this OVA; definitely an improvement from the TV series. I'd like to think there was hope for the 2nd season because of this, and there probably will be, but I'm still hesitant to pick it up. ._.
-Kenshin-Jan 21, 2014 3:11 PM
Jan 21, 2014 7:29 PM
Jul 2018
Good OVA, Cant wait for the next season.
Jan 22, 2014 2:08 AM

Aug 2010
Wow, this one OVA was actually better than the whole series...It had a nice balance of Tohka/Origami, comedy and romance. The only thing I missed was Kurumi, but I'm glad they concentrated on the important characters instead of mindlessly trying to squeeze everyone in. Good job 7/10.
Feb 5, 2014 4:36 PM

Sep 2012
always nice to return back to this quirky anime
alittle disappointed though was hoping the series would jump to where Shido lived with all the girls, but guess ill just have to wait tell S2,
regaurdless, nice ep.

Mar 13, 2014 5:39 AM

Oct 2013
two dates in one ep what a playa
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Mar 16, 2014 11:40 AM

Aug 2013
That ova was awfully hilarious. Seriously, it was really great.

His speech at the beginning was so damn humiliating xD

Poor Origami, the first real date she have with him, he try to make it the worse possible :P

When he told her to put a school swimsuit and walk four-footed, the pedestrians reaction was so funny. Same for when Tohka was destroying all those arcade games.

Damn, Tohka, don't go too hard on the teasing.
Dat picture... I understand why she wanted to do it alone xD
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 20, 2014 3:55 PM

Aug 2013
First line: "trust is, i'm a loli-con.." I was like wtf!? I don't watch dubs but they will probably change that whole dialogue :P

"I cant stop da lonliness!" I nearly spit my drink out :D

I didn't like Origami in the series but she looked pretty damn kinky in that swim suit with dog ears and tail going "woof". Is it weird that turned me on? o.o

Lol at Tohka destroying all the arcade games and getting away with it :D

"All the punching and slapping felt so good" hahahaha that misunderstanding xD

Hilarious OVA solid 8/10.
Mar 21, 2014 10:16 PM

Mar 2014
Very cute ova!

Origami is desperate and annoying. Tohka is a sweet girl.

Can't wait for season 2!
Mar 30, 2014 5:42 PM
Jan 2014
This was a very entertaining OVA lol.
I like Tohka's goofy character a lot.
8/10.
Apr 3, 2014 10:31 PM
Jul 2013
fuck you shido!! you should respect origami

arghhhh......... i want to write "itsuka shido" in my death note right now someone stop me!!
Apr 8, 2014 3:11 AM

Jun 2011
I don't like how this series shames women, to be honest something like that is hardly funny.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 11, 2014 11:44 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Origami is so unappreciated. I hate how they treat her in this show.

However, still very funny and entertaining. Really gets me excited for the second season.
Apr 13, 2014 4:33 AM

Mar 2013
I didn't like how Shido treated Origami. :(
May 14, 2014 4:19 PM

Jan 2013
Well if you think about it, it was Origami who did not disagree with what Shido said so it's her fault. But really that was really unfair for her as she is blinded by love.
Loved this OVA, it was certainly a lot of fun ^_^.
Jun 11, 2014 7:10 AM

Jan 2013
Origami don't cares about how bad Shidou is,she loves him in all ways xD
Very funny OVA,laughed so hard :D Tohka is so adorable & cute <3 sooo cute,that picture ahah
So those twins are from the 2nd season if i'm not mistaken.
Amazing anime :)
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 14, 2014 10:19 PM

Feb 2014
WTF?! Whom in this (real) World do such a thing? It really exists..?! Damn.. this only reinforces that the "real World" is really a shit horrible World...

Origami and Shido date was so nonsense.. Doing this with a person who you know and that you do not dislike?! Wtf?! (i don't think that Shido HATE Origami)

"i'm dating to make the another person hate me"

Shido is acting like a robot guided by the commands of her "sister" without taking into consideration his and Origami true feelings (she can't hate him, regardless of what he does, after all, she loves him)....

He don't need to do it and even act like that, there're other ways to reach his purposes... but, to make Origami hate him is too much...

The idea to make Origami hate Shido is nonsense
The date idea and methods to reach their (Shido and Kotori) goal are nonsense

However, if it was to be nonsense, they got it...

Obs.: (1) Hate how Shido treated/treats Origami in this show. This treatment (especially in this OVA) is so rude... Just seeing a treatment like this in an anime made me really angry.. i can not even imagine this in real life...
(2) Kind sad about Origami unrequited love =/
TechOtakuSep 1, 2014 8:35 PM
Jul 9, 2014 7:02 AM

Oct 2012
Sata andagi reference, olol :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xWa7BBHvvI

Anyway, it was good, and twins was there. Though I just realized I completely forgot what happened in the first season.
Jul 17, 2014 4:51 AM
May 2012
Damn, the animation is really good. The season 2's animation is kinda bad, but I didn't mind it.
LOL at the beginning, and "I can't stop the loneliness" ahahaha. Poor Origami :/ Shido was stupid to even agree on that date, and what the hell is Kotori and her gang thinking =_= ?? Origami is adorable; they should show her some more love!!
Tohka is so freaking cute :3 Did Inoue Marina forgot Tohka's voice or something?? Well, it is still cute *^* That muscular Tohka O_O
Them misunderstandings are always amusing to watch~ That Tohka picture *^* Nice ending song :3 I saw the twins, too.
Well, I shall wait for the movie and encore OVA. Thank you ^^
Jul 27, 2014 7:58 AM

Dec 2013
This was... bad.
I can't see the point of it. 4/10
Aug 25, 2014 12:34 PM

Aug 2010
I thought I got the wrong subs when Shido was talking. It really got me there.

Best opening narration yet!!! I can't stop the loneliness!!! Laughed so hard on this part.

That Origami's date super hilarious too. To top it all that picture of Tohka......:3

Well that's it nothing but a super LOL episode no story progression whatsoever. Even though its just a filler OVA it still made my day by laughing at every scene.

Edit: Watched the Sata Andagi video above made me LOL too. :)
ExcaliburJoshAug 25, 2014 12:43 PM
Aug 30, 2014 2:30 AM

Jul 2013
I'm just wondering why Origami loves Shidou so much that she's willing to do all that for him.
Sep 22, 2014 6:56 AM

Jun 2008
scyrp said:
For all those wondering about Tohka's voice..it is indeed different from the main series but I don't think its a different voice actress. Keep in mind Marina Inoue (Tohka's voice actress) is really talented. She has done voices from Armin (Shingeki no Kyojin) to Yozora (Haganai). It wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that she changed her voice a bit on the director's order~

Then the director needs to fired cause his an idiot if he thinks this sounds better.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.