Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yowamushi Pedal
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 5, 2013 12:26 AM
Jul 2012
Onoda goes "HISSATSU!!! HIME NO UTA!!!!"
Dec 5, 2013 3:47 AM

Jul 2013
Imaizumi mentor is captain with black glasses they same type
Dec 5, 2013 6:44 AM

Apr 2013
As a cycling fan this is the most amazing thing ever XD Really never thought I would see the day of a cycling anime.. thank you Japan :D

this sport has tons of stuff to offer from a tactical and psycological point of view. Most of the time winning it's not about being the strongest, but strategy, team work and also luck
I hope they will stress this in the future races, I wouldn't want to see something like "He wins thanks to the power of the feelings" every time :)

Clouded-Flame said:
this is ridiculous.
i swear i am the only one who dislikes this episode (and kinda the show in general) but ...my opinion so don't trample over them.
onoda's improvements are ridiulous. most sports animes are on impossible but even so they show the characters training their hardest and working a lot to get to the level they are. however, in yowamushi pedal i do believe they made onoda to much of a prodigy. sports take a lot of hard training and effort and skill practice. i understand why his endurance is over the top but everything else like the speed he learns at is just impossible to the point where i can't even enjoy it anymore.

Well it's kinda common for the sports anime to have the talented kid that exceedes the expectations and learn quickly. Still it's not like he learned anything special, he is just grasping the basics really.

When they showcased the 60km stage everybody could predict that the steep climb part was going to be Onoda's time to shine. Short skinny guys are made for really difficult climbs, so even if he is a beginner I can understand Onoda being really good at that part of the stage.

I hoped to see him on the descent part of the stage, that would have showed how much of a beginner he is.. I expected him to be really slow/scared on downhill, to be catched by Naruko and then see the two of them working together to catch up with Imaizumi.
Seeing Naruko alone recovering minutes from Imaizumi kinda bugged me.
Dec 5, 2013 7:58 AM

Dec 2012
^ Moreover, Onoda and Imaizumi, unlike Naruko, know the terrain. Imaizumi races different sections of the hill every other day and Sakamichi's mama-bike is a bitch-bike, building stamina and endurance for years.

I liked that every one of them had a moment to shine, while none of them actually predicted where, when, and what for. Excellent!

The coach is the craziest character so far :D
Dec 9, 2013 12:20 AM

May 2012
03:40 "growing like an idiot" LOOOOL

05:23 look at your front, creeper

06:52 dance, bike otakuzu

10:45 :OOOO

13:24 nice landscape, Kanzaki

23:33 dat Beeburr

6/10 for this episode.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Dec 14, 2013 8:20 PM
Jan 2013
Behold, the power of teh Feels.

Everyone's reactions are getting a little old. Nobody's become laconic about him being a surprising athlete.
Your mean should be an even bell curve only if you watch every show that comes out. Having a high-slung mean doesn't mean you're rating improperly. It can also mean you're selecting shows well to watch mostly things you enjoy.
Dec 23, 2013 2:41 PM
Aug 2011
That was exhilarating!
Jan 17, 2014 8:58 PM

Oct 2013
Kurini said:
I hope they will make it to 3 people who will be chosen to the Intern-high!!

So, Imaizumi is overall better than Naruko. :O

I hope so too! I honestly thought that they were gonna make Iwaizumi and Naruko tie
Jan 22, 2014 4:51 PM

Jun 2011
eminagnam said:
Over Drive was more realistic hillclimbing-wise.

My thought exactly.

GenT-san said:
Magnificent willpower..!!

It works the same way nakama power does, so I don't really like that.

How did a climber cycle toe on toe with a sprinter on a downhill/flat road? Dat hax Imaizumi, and haxer Onoda. -.-!

It wasn't a bad show but I dislike all the talent BS, especially Onoda's, I don't dislike his character though.

salgabri said:
As a cycling fan this is the most amazing thing ever XD Really never thought I would see the day of a cycling anime.. thank you Japan :D

this sport has tons of stuff to offer from a tactical and psycological point of view. Most of the time winning it's not about being the strongest, but strategy, team work and also luck
I hope they will stress this in the future races, I wouldn't want to see something like "He wins thanks to the power of the feelings" every time :)

You should watch Overdrive then.
ToG25thBaamJan 22, 2014 4:54 PM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 5, 2014 11:20 PM

Mar 2008
Imaizumi and his shoving... Eh... He's my favorite so far but I just can't get used to seeing all the shoving he does even when he was a little kid.
Feb 13, 2014 10:21 PM

Aug 2009
This episode was amazing!!
Sakamachi winning king of the mountain was great! I really enjoyed this episode, seriously. It was so exhilarating! I was engrossed in every single second. I hurried and watch the previous 8 episode that were also good but had to stop and comment because I was so impressed. I usually comment after every episode but when I marathon something this good I just don't have the time!

I really like Sakamachi and Naruko's friendship! :)
lovexLuffyFeb 13, 2014 10:52 PM

Mar 18, 2014 12:47 PM

Jun 2013
A kid who basically knows nothing about professional cycling wins over a guy who has been training cycling his entire life... Sure it was epic, but come on. Are we gonna make him win the tour de france the next episode while we are at it too? It would have been okay if he would have been tired as f*ck after his crash, but he wasn't. He was just chilling while talking to his seniors as if nothing had happened.
Apr 27, 2014 1:21 AM

Oct 2009
The coach's laugh reminded me of Jeff Goldblum's laugh in Jurassic Park LOL

Onoda made it first at the mountain peak, as expected. His specialty is climbing after all and with his kimochi and Hime, he could do it!
Jun 10, 2014 7:31 AM

Apr 2013
Great he won the king of the mountain :). The fact he could barely walk after shows he's given it his all.
I have to say I expected Naruko to win the race afterwards, but the fact that he didn't isn't bad. Anything is possible between the 3 of them
Jul 19, 2014 7:32 AM

Jan 2012
10/10 EP

semi-manly tears (srs)

I'm liking this more than Overdrive.. this shit is 10x more entertaining imo..
Jul 30, 2014 3:19 PM

Feb 2014
When he won, I don't know why but I smiled. I fucking smiled because the main character won the mountain sprint! This anime is so good
Aug 13, 2014 7:52 PM

Apr 2012
I guess I can accept Onoda beating Imaizumi up the slope since he had to drop out as a result.
on my way to steal yo girl
Sep 5, 2014 3:15 PM

Jul 2010
I can't get over the fact Onoda beat Imaizumi at the King of the Mountain race, god damn it this is why I don't like this serie. I don't really care for "ridiculous improvement/strange power ups" and I love sports anime about the most out of all the genres but I can't get myself to like Onoda and him winning over the experienced and well trained Imaizumi just makes me dislike him even more. "Just wanting to race" is not enough reason to pull that shit, not after he got that 8 minute difference powerup and added 30 to his candance without any problems -_-

God I hope this show will change this approach because I really do like Imaizumi and Naruko and I do like watcing sports anime but this is ridiculous.
Nov 21, 2014 6:23 PM

Aug 2012
Hime Hime Daisuki ♥ Hime

I was kind of laughing at how super dramatic everyones reaction was, while I was just there 'oh cool he's riding a bike'.
Apr 1, 2015 10:55 PM

Feb 2015
For the ones complaining, I agree, I hate super powerups on rookies but after watching... it's not like he won by a huge margin. Not only that, he ended up stopping which is pretty realistic.
Jul 30, 2015 6:07 AM

Jun 2014
dang! if it was me,probably will broke my leg

also.. i smell onoda x miki flag ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Sep 23, 2015 3:32 AM

Jun 2009
Jan 25, 2016 4:08 PM

Dec 2011
I took a break from watching this while it was ongoing so I could marathon my way through the rest of the episodes. I forgot how dramatic it was... their reactions while in the back of the car made it for me lmao
Mar 20, 2016 3:38 AM

Jun 2013
My baby Onoda won climbing the mountain but that asshole Inaizumi won in the end :( I hate him.
臭い-
Feb 19, 2017 5:40 AM
Jan 2017
razorwire said:
Naruko giving Onoda that 'high five' slap as he passed the peak and telling Onoda to leave the rest to me.. that was awesome :)

This hooked me on the rest of the series - ive been the onoda character in these situations (both fencing and baseball) and that moment when a team mate acknowledges you like that for your efforts is awesome.

Sohuko Fight!
Mar 8, 2017 12:43 PM

Jan 2015
EVEN GREEN-HAIRED SENPAI started rooting for him. Wow. It was so purely awesome!!! Even he didn't realize he would be rooting for him in such a short time,can't blame him, MC did an impossible possilbe. Even though i still don't understand how he could catch up and beat two experienced riders, but fine.
Naruko being a good friend as he is, teaching him how to dance, was amasing. Great guy, i like him. Kanzaki was very sweet in the episode too, tearing down <3 she is so cute and believed in MC from the start <3.
Mr. bear guy is one of my favorites, i just like everthing about him! and he was rooting for MC from the start too.
When captain took off his glasses you know shit got real :D

What i was wondering though, is how they managed to talk so much while riding on such high speed. I know it's made for us, but i don't think in real situation riders are willing to chit chat, cause it takes too much energy. you usually just respond with simplistic responses. Like okay, i got it and stuff like that.

I really liked the ending :D Bear on a bike was too funny, glad they showed two of the most interesting characters already. showed how they are like.
Apr 16, 2017 10:43 AM

Mar 2015
Thank god Onoda had to drop out, the amount of otaku pandering in this anime is high enough as it is. "Even if you're a loser in life, you only need talent and some willpower to compete with guys who have trained for years." Fuck no, I hope there's a long way before Onoda can stand up to Imaizumi and Naruko, otherwise this feels cheap.
May 30, 2019 11:28 AM
Jul 2018
Wow, the ending to the mountain pass was so unbelievably tense and hype! Glad they showed that Onoda still has his weaknesses despite the insane comeback. I still think that him improving this much this fast and keeping up despite his outright lack of skill, technique, and knowledge teeters on disbelief, but I guess that's what immense talent gets you. Now he just needs to learn and improve his stamina. Glad that Imaizumi won in the end, but Naruko gave great effort too! Can't wait to see how good the senpais are.
Sep 15, 2019 9:19 PM

Sep 2018
It looks so tiring! How they can ride the bike to the fullest without their heart exploding??! It looks too much !
Onoda passed out! It looks like he give his all that he can't walk! I remember Tsuki said "it's only a club, why do so much effort" it's really too much effort!! But it's happiness that make them do so much 🙂
Jan 27, 2020 11:20 PM

Mar 2017
Naruko is the best wingman ever, I love him so much

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Feb 27, 2021 1:36 PM

Nov 2016
Rewatching and knowing about all the turns doesn't take away from the enjoyment at all. This simple race was full of excitement and emotions.

Onoda did amazingly well and rightfully earned all the praise after surpassing all expectations.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 25, 2021 2:26 AM

Jul 2015
Princess, Princess! Sparkle, Sparkle! Great to see our otaku boy Onoda be the first to conquer the mountain. May sound shitty but I'm glad he wasn't able to finish the race after that as that would be too ridiculous for a total amateur going against experienced cyclists.

Dec 30, 2022 8:32 PM
Dec 2022
It was sooo intense! Really... waaa I just... I was so excited thinking about who was going to win the race. And that one was only the first one! I think I won't be able to bear the next ones. I mean, maybe a little cliché but it was great.
Dec 30, 2022 8:33 PM
Dec 2022
I feel U totally. In all of what you said XD
Feb 23, 2:51 AM

Apr 2016
That race to the top interrupted my heart beat for a bit :D and then, without me realizing, I was shedding a tear :') the competitiveness, the full on determination, the comradery, Onoda being himself but also growing at the same time, it all caught me off guard emotionally <3
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 38 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2014

114 by inveercique »»
Apr 15, 3:45 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2014

71 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 29, 12:25 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2013

54 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 23, 1:14 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2013

86 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 22, 1:31 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2013

120 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 22, 12:02 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.