Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yowamushi Pedal
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 2, 2013 8:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Go Sakamachi, go!

The kid worked pretty damn hard. What's up with his shirt though and those polka dots? Lol. I thought this race was a bit longer than I had expected but great episode.
Dec 2, 2013 9:02 AM
Dec 2012
Sakamichi is like Superman. He caught up Imaizumi with the heavier CrMo bike. Over Drive was more realistic hillclimbing-wise.
Dec 2, 2013 11:38 AM

May 2013
That was some intense pedaling to the peak. Too bad Sakamachi couldn't finish the race.
Dec 2, 2013 11:42 AM

Aug 2008
I hope they will make it to 3 people who will be chosen to the Intern-high!!

So, Imaizumi is overall better than Naruko. :O
Dec 2, 2013 11:48 AM

Jan 2012
Kurini said:

I hope so too, I want all of them to join in the team
Dec 2, 2013 11:48 AM

Apr 2012
King of the mountains! get in my son!

I really loved Sakamachi's determination to get to the peak first!

I'm glad Imaizumi won the race though. I really like his character.

All that food at the end... Kinda hungry now. ^_^
Dec 2, 2013 12:02 PM

Apr 2013
Excellent! That left me on the edge of my seat, it's been a long time since I was that invested in what was going on on-screen. I was close to jumping up out of my chair from excitement.

Now that that's out of the way, I wonder what's coming next...
Dec 2, 2013 12:06 PM

Aug 2010
I'm FRIGGIN speechless!!!!!!!!!

DAT WAS PURE EPICNESS!!!!!!!! I'm shivering all over from excitement!! >_<

How the hell did they do that?!?!?! The intensity of Onoda's climb and how they were all cheering for him in the end was Brilliant. Even Captain took his glasses off (shit got real XD)...And OFC...THE REASON HE WON!!! "HIME HIME HIME"!! ^^ XD It just gives u power!! :D Loved when he suddenly stood and started dancing. The reactions were awesome too hehe...He used up all his power til he fainted which I thought was an awesome move by the writer since it would be BS if he continued til the end. The Captain and Coach really know how to motivate a person with how they told him "Do u want to be like them?" hehe. I can't wait till he starts training for real >.<...Gonna kick ASS!!!

Gotta admit Imaizumi is on a whole other level though! Dat Dude is BOSS!! Friggin BA. He spent his power on Onoda until he lost then continued with another friggin tough fight against Naruko and won. Respect to both of them. Naruko catching up was enough to make him another monster hehe. Well so yeah. Those 3 main characters are BAs!!

tl;dr Episode was out of this world and first time I get this much shiver from EPICNESS in quite a long time >.<

Can't wait for what happens nxt.
Dec 2, 2013 12:29 PM

Apr 2013
Onoda sure is one fast learner o_O Those screams #beastmode

Hime Hime, suki suki daisuki.

Oh and Miki wants the D.
Dec 2, 2013 12:49 PM
Apr 2013
Exciting episode.That ending was LOL and btw what is that picture from barion-zara that guy with sword
Dec 2, 2013 12:52 PM

Apr 2011
Damn, if he had more stamina he could have won the race lol.
Dec 2, 2013 1:05 PM

Jul 2012
So damn intense. I actually couldn't predict the winner in the situation! Damnnn.

SemeticBoy said:
Kurini said:

I hope so too, I want all of them to join in the team

Same!
Dec 2, 2013 1:20 PM
Jul 2013
Stunning! I do not remember the last time that excites me both an anime series but it certainly is a good piece of anime. Honestly, the race was very exciting, I was as excited as the foreign coach. And the final between Naruko and Imaizumi also liked.

The next scene gave me a good laugh:

Link: http://i43.tinypic.com/2r6fwpg.png
Dec 2, 2013 1:24 PM

Mar 2012
Magnificent willpower..!! Wonder what happen with the other 3 lol..
Keep moving forward
Dec 2, 2013 2:14 PM

Apr 2013
Cream_Soda said:
I think Onoda will win the race to the top of the mountain, but get third in the race over-all with Naruko catching back up once the course goes down hill/back to flats.

Imaizumi beating Naruko by an inch, with Onoda coming in third, not sure how much further behind the other two.

My predictions anyways

Almost called it lol
Dec 2, 2013 2:36 PM

Apr 2009
All the facial expressions in this anime are hilarious XD

I really liked that Onoda ran out of stamina after the climb, brings at least a sprinkle of realism to the race. Speaking of, you can't just shoulder shove your opponents while cycling O_o Imagine them being in an official race and shoving someone in a group -> freaking domino effect and pileup of expensive bikes and breakable cyclists. This is not a contact sport.

Here's hoping we get back to training in the next ep, Onoda needs to power-level :P
Dec 2, 2013 2:45 PM

Jul 2009
it's not that they shove on purpose but there will be bumping here and there, especially near the start of a race when there are around 50+ people. just like in basketball, no aggressive contact but it happens. they just want to win and whoever is closest to the apex of a turn will get to pull out ahead, even if it's a few feet because that is enough to win or lose a race.
Dec 2, 2013 3:06 PM

May 2013
Damn, epic episode. Relieved to see that Onoda beat Imaizumi up the slope as the faster opponent.
Dec 2, 2013 3:42 PM
Mar 2013
Heichou couldn't handle the epicness.
Dec 2, 2013 4:25 PM

Feb 2010
ughk
this anime is great
i freaking love it
I hate no one so far, and this is a good sign for a good anime that would be high on my scale :')
Dec 2, 2013 4:34 PM

Feb 2011
The final of the race was so unpredictable , i was pretty surprised that Imaizumi won. Well , can't wait for the next episode :D
Dec 2, 2013 4:46 PM
Apr 2013
Dang Onoda looked pissed off at the end, anyone seeing a turn for the worst for our princess loving dude?
Dec 2, 2013 4:46 PM

Jun 2013
Naruko giving Onoda that 'high five' slap as he passed the peak and telling Onoda to leave the rest to me.. that was awesome :)
Dec 2, 2013 5:01 PM

Jul 2010
Holyyy.Probably best episode yet! So intense and epic.My rating for this show went up once again.So freaking happy it's 38 episodes!!
I was laughing like crazy (from happiness) when Onoda reached the peak.Such a brillaint moment.
Also, i ship KanzakixOnoda xD

Grats Imaizuni! i feel bad for Naruko though, but well there's only one 1st place.
Dec 2, 2013 8:00 PM

Apr 2013
Naruko is my favorite character at the moment. Such an awesome guy
Dec 2, 2013 8:29 PM

Aug 2009
Wow...
It's been a while since an anime had made me get goosebumps...
Dec 2, 2013 10:31 PM

Nov 2011
Awesome episode was awesome :D
Such a great build up and really fun to watch once again :D
Looking forward to next week xD
Dec 2, 2013 11:54 PM

Oct 2012
Whoever decided to make this anime around 40 episodes deserves a big reward. Seriously I can't get enough of this!
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Dec 2, 2013 11:54 PM
Nov 2012
According to the rules, only the top two finishers from the race can be regulars but I have a feeling they'll find a way to make Onoda a regular soon enough. It'll probably go the way of Prince of Tennis where they have five regulars but one person rotates out conveniently allowing Echizen to always be a regular.
Dec 3, 2013 12:38 AM

Nov 2012
Amazing episode, this show really kills me with its excitement, I got goosebumps watching this.

funny ending as always :)
Dec 3, 2013 12:45 AM

Apr 2012
this is ridiculous.
i swear i am the only one who dislikes this episode (and kinda the show in general) but ...my opinion so don't trample over them.
onoda's improvements are ridiulous. most sports animes are on impossible but even so they show the characters training their hardest and working a lot to get to the level they are. however, in yowamushi pedal i do believe they made onoda to much of a prodigy. sports take a lot of hard training and effort and skill practice. i understand why his endurance is over the top but everything else like the speed he learns at is just impossible to the point where i can't even enjoy it anymore.
Dec 3, 2013 1:38 AM

Jun 2013
Stark700 said:
What's up with his shirt though and those polka dots?

I don't know if it has been answered yet, but http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountains_classification_in_the_Tour_de_France
Dec 3, 2013 3:20 AM

Oct 2013
I like the realism and excitement of this whole anime. The hard work and realizing how fun an everyday-stuff can power up your life.
Dec 3, 2013 4:41 AM

Apr 2013
Clouded-Flame said:
this is ridiculous.
i swear i am the only one who dislikes this episode (and kinda the show in general) but ...my opinion so don't trample over them.
onoda's improvements are ridiulous. most sports animes are on impossible but even so they show the characters training their hardest and working a lot to get to the level they are. however, in yowamushi pedal i do believe they made onoda to much of a prodigy. sports take a lot of hard training and effort and skill practice. i understand why his endurance is over the top but everything else like the speed he learns at is just impossible to the point where i can't even enjoy it anymore.

Audios

nobody is forcing you to watch it. I quite enjoy it. It's an anime, it's not supposed to be entirely realistic. I'm a commuter, never done sports, or biked competitively, and with 20-25 lbs in my backpack every morning, bike 14 miles to school at a pace in the same league as Imaizumi. (based on his speedometer readings the times they've shown. Granted he's a good 5mph faster, but considering he's an anime character, has a much more expensive bike, and I have 25 lbs worth of crap, yeah)

Never knew about dancing. Just tried it this morning going up the overpasses (I take the highway); Got it down on my first try and beat my record for getting to school today, despite my record being super lucky and getting no red lights with a good tailwind, while I caught two today and had no wind.

Onodoa has been biking all his life, he has the raw biking ability. He just needed some coaching for technique, which Naruko has helped him with; and even then, while he got to the top of the mountain fastest, he still had to drop out of the race. He didn't pace himself and burned out, low stamina, etc. Naruko and Imaizumi weren't going balls to the wall like Onoda was. They were conserving enough energy to last them the entire race.

Now, if Onodoa won that race, maybe you'd have a point, but with how much my own biking has improved from little things I've learned while watching this show + the fact that it's an anime, and is supposed to have a little extra, it's not that "ridiculous"
Cream_SodaDec 3, 2013 4:45 AM
Dec 3, 2013 5:46 AM

Oct 2013
I love love love that Naruko, Imaizumi and Onoda are all equally wonderful and lovable in their own way and I want all of them to win. I love that one of them isn't a token asshole for ~variety. I love that seeing Onoda win the mountain made me happy for him and sad for Imaizumi, and seeing Imaizumi win the race made me happy for him and sad for Naruko.
Dec 3, 2013 7:18 AM

Feb 2008
+1 for Cream_Soda!

He probably all forgot that he went to Akibahara on his bike every day or was it weekend so it's not ridiculous.

Have you forgot a bit on that anime shouldn't be 100% realistic ?
Anime or manga whatever is suppose to be interesting not boring.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Dec 3, 2013 9:20 AM

Jul 2012
Blackbird said:
+1 for Cream_Soda!

Clouded-Flame said:

I'm surprised that you really liked KuroBas, where the skills are even more unrealistic, like Kise learning someones plays instantly.
Dec 3, 2013 9:25 AM
Jan 2011
So in the end it was Imaizumi who won.
Dec 3, 2013 1:36 PM

Feb 2009
#PlotTwist: Makishima is in love with Tadokoro. :D

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Dec 3, 2013 1:47 PM

Aug 2012
Dec 3, 2013 2:13 PM

Jan 2012
Episode was just great!

The only thing I don't like is pacing. Don't have a clue how it was in manga, but there are already 9 episodes though nothing actually happens besides this race that also was a bit too long and 2 eps in the beginning with introducing new characters.
Hope this show will be a little faster in later parts.
Dec 3, 2013 4:49 PM

Oct 2011
I forgot to breathe : 0
Dec 3, 2013 6:04 PM

Jul 2010
I had a lot of fun and goosebumbs, like I said in the previous episode, I can't even imagine how hyped it will be an official race.

ChaosLegion said:
#PlotTwist: Makishima is in love with Tadokoro. :D

#PlotTwist2: Makishima is into bestiality.
Dec 3, 2013 6:10 PM

Jul 2012
trampler8324 said:
The only thing I don't like is pacing. Don't have a clue how it was in manga, but there are already 9 episodes though nothing actually happens besides this race that also was a bit too long and 2 eps in the beginning with introducing new characters.

I love the pacing tbh. It gets me on my feet and guessing who will win. It obviously feels slower since you're following it every week. It would feel different if you were marathoning the entire show tho. Same with Dia no Ace. Eijun hasn't played a single official game yet, but its pacing is also awesome.
Dec 3, 2013 10:49 PM

Jan 2013
Intense and fantastic. There will be at least 38 episodes for development. It's rare to see anything above 26. I'm hoping there's some romance too.
Dec 4, 2013 12:42 AM

Jan 2012
trampler8324 said:
Hope this show will be a little faster in later parts.

It's a 38 episode show. I think the pacing is fine.
Dec 4, 2013 9:13 AM

Aug 2012
My FCKING N*gga! this guy did it! HIMMMEEEEEE!!!

i just can't wait for this guy to get stronger and join a tournament! So Hyped! right now!
"I don't like Megane, I love them"

Dec 4, 2013 11:09 AM

Dec 2009
Man, what a freaking awesome episode. I don't think anyone thought this show would start of so strong like this.
Dec 4, 2013 3:21 PM

Nov 2007
That was pretty intense. X3

So it seems like they are each going to have a mentor in one of the older students, perhaps? Makishima is a climber, Tadokoro is a sprinter, iirc, and the captain is the all-rounder, kind of like Imaizumi? Or perhaps not. I haven't read the manga.

So I think Imaizumi and Naruko will be chosen, but Onoda will find a way to be rotated in at some point. I just hope it doesn't involve someone getting injured. >_<
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 38 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2014

114 by inveercique »»
Apr 15, 3:45 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2014

71 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 29, 12:25 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2013

54 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 23, 1:14 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2013

86 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 22, 1:31 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2013

120 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 22, 12:02 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.