Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
May 30, 2013 1:43 PM

Jul 2012
Seriously... Euphy blurting out Lelouch's name like that... How stupid is she? "Oh, I'm in a room with powerful people practically hating Zero? Might as well say his real name out loud for everyone to hear!"
Still, she's better than Suzaku. He really has to die. I liked that he and Lelouch worked together, but he's still bloody annoying. C.C. as Empress~ Now that's an ending I'd like.
May 30, 2013 1:46 PM

Jul 2012
Homolust said:
I thought Euphy and that glasses chick were going to get kinky

Man, I thought things were going to get kinky too, but instead Euphy goes and randomly declares her love for Suzaku.

Am I the only one who thought that was too random? I can't remember anytime in the series, besides when then first meet, in which they were interacting with one another. There was no indication that she even had any feelings for him to begin with.

She's a princess while he was a student. Where did they find the time to spend time together. It is implied that she knew things about him what with him being clumsy and hating on cats, but when did she learn so much about him? Also, for what reason would Suzaku have feelings for Euphy? We know why she loves him given what was said, but Suzaku just kind of accepts it for no reason. Sure, she helped him out a lot, but he would be more thankful then say being in love.

I felt the whole relationship between the two was forced on by the writers. There was no build up to it and was a shock to me. It was poorly put together in my opinion and if something occurs later in the series having to do with the two I won't feel a thing for the couple. They really dropped the ball here and I really wanted to vent my feelings on this.

That said, I really enjoy this series and can't think of too many things that I don't like about it.

I disagree. I think their relationship was almost TOO obvious. I'd been expecting this all along - in a bad way - I love to be surprised.
Jun 14, 2013 4:51 AM

Feb 2013
Lelouch should've killed Suzaku!! Whatever, Lelouch has bigger plans than killing that hypocrite fuck.

I just hope this decision won't bite Lelouch in the ass.

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
Jun 25, 2013 4:16 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Well Suzaku and Euphie getting together was cute and all, but holy hell, he was literally in (yet another) life or death situation, no time for heartwarming talk, despite him being pretty powerful and all. Although I can see the chemistry between them, they really haven't interacted that many times together...but it's still cute I guess. And yeah I see that this is a step towards changing Britannia, but like I said 2 episodes ago, unless everyone else but Euphie dies in the royal court, the system isn't going to change. You don't just go from a country that discriminates against everyone else (and the weak) into a country that doesn't, at least not in their lifetime. Plus, Euphie isn't influential in the political arena, and won't be unless she really studies hard about politics and military strategies or something.

I did highly enjoy seeing Lulu and Suzaku fight together though, I have a soft spot for such scenes when childhood-friends-enemies are on the same side again (like in yet another Sunrise anime I recently watched).
Jun 30, 2013 9:27 PM

Jul 2012
Finally Nina proves to be useful. Euphie and Suzaku are too adorable btw.

And yay finally Knight and Brit fight together. Oh and CC/Lulu teamwork inside the Knightmare :D ♥
Aug 21, 2013 2:12 AM

Jan 2008
So Zero n Suzaku working together this was a good episode one of my favorites if u ask me well there was that one episode with Nina n the whole in the dark scene that was funny as well.
Sep 28, 2013 10:55 AM

Jul 2013
The Scene which Gawain and Lancelot teamed up and Euphemia stated that she loves Suzaku and Suzaku's rising power were perfect.
Feb 17, 2014 11:36 AM
Feb 2014
meh... I don't like where this is going at all... as said before, the relationship between Suzaku and Euphie was reeaaally forced. The whole scene was a mess. He was distracted when talking to the japanese guy, but totally fine when listening to the bomb Euphie dropped? like love gave him superpowers?

And this whole thing of Lulu helping Suzaku makes zero sense strategically, not only Suzaku was going to die, but it was the perfect time to hit the empire with full force, while they're distracted elsewhere.

So I guess the writer's excuse is that Lulu doesn't want Suzaku to die so he can take care of his sister or something... if that's his point, then Lulu is just another selfish prick as anyone else in this series. No one seems to be fighting for the right reasons. And I am left with no character to cheer for... maybe Kallen, but she's just a pawn in this war.
Feb 17, 2014 11:39 AM

Mar 2012
vazioabsoluto said:
meh... I don't like where this is going at all... as said before, the relationship between Suzaku and Euphie was reeaaally forced. The whole scene was a mess. He was distracted when talking to the japanese guy, but totally fine when listening to the bomb Euphie dropped? like love gave him superpowers?

And this whole thing of Lulu helping Suzaku makes zero sense strategically, not only Suzaku was going to die, but it was the perfect time to hit the empire with full force, while they're distracted elsewhere.

So I guess the writer's excuse is that Lulu doesn't want Suzaku to die so he can take care of his sister or something... if that's his point, then Lulu is just another selfish prick as anyone else in this series. No one seems to be fighting for the right reasons. And I am left with no character to cheer for... maybe Kallen, but she's just a pawn in this war.

Finish the series and you might find answers to your questions. ;)
Kuroookoooooo-chin!
Feb 25, 2014 12:18 AM

Jul 2011
yeah so cc and lulu together yay
and lulu sazuka teamwork hit my soft spot
also im glad suzaku took the battery from lulu and wasnt stubborn or stupid about it thats 1+ for him but since he was at -99 thats not that much

something that enraged me though was suprisingly not nina's face nut euphy's declaration of love while he was in combat that just was not the time he was already distracted before that could have gotten him killed
Mar 3, 2014 10:53 PM

Dec 2013
vazioabsoluto said:

I agree that Eufimia's declaration should have distracted Suzaku more.

Leluch's collaboration with Suzaku didn't really sit well with me either, but I think Journalist guy makes a good point. From a purely militaristic sense of strategy it would have made sense to strike the Britanians but It would damage their popularity in the eyes of the masses. The media was already trying to associate the Black Knights with this group that was a puppet of the Chinese. By fighting perceived "Chinese invaders" the Black Knights build their reputation as a group dedicated to altruistically protecting Japan.

As far as fighting for the right reasons, both Suzaku and Zero have altruistic reasons for their actions as well as personal reasons. No one is completely pure, and that makes this show a bit more realistic and complex. I think Leluch's concerns for his disabled sister show that he's a human being. That being said I don't fully support him either after he blew up those JLF guys and completely swept it under the rug. Kallen is my favorite right now as well, though she is Leluch's tool. I'd say she's more than a pawn, She's more like a Knight.
Love and Peace!!!
Mar 14, 2014 5:52 PM

Jul 2012
Finally!! Euphemia and suzaku take on step XD
Jul 15, 2014 10:14 AM

Oct 2012
Euphie and Suzaku suit each other. A couple of idiots
Jul 26, 2014 12:33 PM

Oct 2013
frozenmir said:
Euphie and Suzaku suit each other. A couple of idiots
hahahahah xD

Jul 28, 2014 11:27 PM

Oct 2013
brooo fuck off pizza hut omg
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Sep 7, 2014 10:50 PM

Jan 2014
Too much Nina! "There's not one good thing about me.....I'm not really good for anything." You're damn right!!
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Sep 11, 2014 11:52 AM

Oct 2013
It was pretty awesome to see Lulu and Suzaku working together.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Oct 5, 2014 5:39 PM

Jun 2013
Was an alright episode. Cool to see Lelouch and Suzaku working together as a team. Suzaku and Euphie as a couple? Well they definitely do make a good couple I guess. Anyway, onto the next episode!
Nov 20, 2014 1:24 PM

Apr 2013
Well it was OK, Suzaku is still annoying and I don't care about that princess.
Nov 27, 2014 12:39 AM

Jan 2014
Will something change now that the two of them are together, I wonder...
However, it was nice to see the two friends fighting on the same side :)
Nov 30, 2014 5:32 PM

Feb 2013
(rewatching)

I completely forgot Lelouch and Suzaku worked together. Talk about overpowered.

C.C. in uniform <3
Feb 5, 2015 11:36 PM

Jul 2008
Oh Lulu, I almost wish you hadn't saved Suzaku....almost. But I would have thought Lelouch would have dragged that conflict out more.
Feb 9, 2015 5:53 PM

Aug 2012
That could've been an ok moment for Suzaku to die...
I just hope he is not going to be the next emperor or something in the end of this.
Apr 6, 2015 9:57 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That was sick. Suzaku finally getting at least some bits of realization. Nice teamwork there. Also Britannia and the Black Knights working together and they didn't even realize beforehand.

So can a Geass activate itself again when it heard the same command that was used to it before? Oh, that's interesting.
Apr 26, 2015 7:36 AM

Jun 2011
hontobaka said:
"I order you to love me."
This was the best confession ever. Really. And Suzaku says yes almost automatically and then gets a wired expression when he realizes what was being asked. I think it was just sweet.

But was it really necessary to have that in the middle of a fight.
May 18, 2015 9:45 AM
Nov 2014
Dat lelouch to the rescue :P Suzaku got lucky lol.
Sep 7, 2015 3:31 PM

Mar 2013
ZERO X SUZAKU boy loveee <3 :***
also yeah that was great. this show confusing asf.
Oct 7, 2015 2:19 AM

Mar 2015
MOVE TO THE PLOT ALREADY!!
Oct 18, 2015 10:25 AM

Jul 2014
That's a great time to be confessing your love.

4/5
Feb 19, 2016 6:42 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
It was nice to see Lelouch and Suzaku working together. Second time watching makes this a lot better.

5/5
Mar 3, 2016 4:12 PM

Feb 2013
Suzaku doesn't bother me as much as Nina does.
Mar 8, 2016 5:43 PM

Aug 2014
Euphy really shouldn't had given Nina even a second of her time, that chick has crazy writtten all over her.

How many more times Lelouch/Zero is going to save Suzaku, only for him not to return the favor again and again?

I wonder if the "live on" command is going to play a big role later on.
Mar 22, 2016 10:55 AM

Apr 2009
Worst thing about Suzaku is his plot armor.
Jun 5, 2016 10:50 PM

Mar 2014
Declaring themselves amidst of a battle , a bold transmission ~ .
The Black & White Knighthood ~ !!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 10, 2016 9:44 PM

Jan 2016
Lelouch is starting to annoy me with his friendship crap, just let the fucker die already.
That's why Yagami Light is a better character.
Dec 20, 2016 9:03 PM

Oct 2013
Euphie was sweet :P
Mar 2, 2017 12:19 PM

Sep 2015
Lelouch and Suzaku fighting side by side. It was kind of badass forreal. I also found the plot with the barely previously mentioned Chinese Federation or whatever interesting. Didn't expect Lelouch to reject their help. But makes sense. Trading one master for another. The Gawain was pretty cool too, maybe a little too cool. I kind of liked that Lelouch wasn't as useful in actual combat. While I find Suzaku as frustrating as many viewers, I thought his and Euphemia's arc in this episode was really effective. Feelings of self loathing are extremely common. And kind of lowest common denominator. But Euphemia's speech to Suzaku near the end was kind of sweet. Glad he's her knight again, although the turn around was so quick can't help but feel a little like a timewaste.
Apr 11, 2017 1:45 AM

Dec 2012
Dat CG flag. No. I don't mean Code Geass.
Pizza Hut!
So Suzaku stopped being Euphy's knight. That was quick.
So Clovis was 23 years old.
lol at Nina. Getting ganged by a bunch of men when she's into Euphy.
Nina letting all her feelings out. lol
Holy crap! What a bomb by Euphy!
lol at Suzaku saying "Right" so quickly before realizing what was said.
Zero saved Suzaku.
C.C.'s new outfit.
DAT INSERT SONG! MIKIO!
Zero and Suzaku teaming up! Gawain and Lancelot! Lelouch and Suzaku!
Suzaku is back to being Euphy's knight. That was quick.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
May 5, 2017 8:45 AM

Jan 2014
I still hate Suzaku. ungrateful bastard.
if only he accept to be a part of Black Knights after being rescued, things would be different.
Jul 30, 2017 10:37 AM

Jul 2016
sweet

Fine episode
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki
Aug 12, 2017 3:05 PM

Dec 2015
No problème with Suzaku 'til now: what was this crap about the government members who should have neer left their country? What could have they done ? It seems a pretty common/obvious thing to do. This guy would have say to De Gaulle that he and the other runaways were acting badly. -_-"
And what with the ex-Résistance?! Ok, Zero planned their advertisement as allies of justice but they should have realized that those people did the right thing. But no, Zero is their almighty God, and they've all been brainwashed.
@CodeBlazeFate I understand now.

And if this wasn't enough (!!), they insert this horrible piece of soap on the battlefield (yes, this was useful for the characters but still), making a potentially interesting peace princess character into a simple egoistic teenager.

1/5

Rivals cooperating in overpowered robots with an insert song behind:
Coolness factor +1 (20)
Aug 15, 2017 9:31 PM

May 2013
vearg said:
hmmm... so euphemia and suzaku huh... i still don't like suzaku. hahaha.. :p...

^ I thought the same thing LMAO. The ending of this ep was so ghey xD

Sawasaki's big ol' head looks like an alien .-.
Oct 25, 2017 12:44 AM

Dec 2014
i GUESS THE GEASS COMMAND IS STILL ACTIVE ...DOES THAT mean suzuku can't die
Feb 19, 2018 9:18 AM
Dec 2014
Suzaku after talking trash about Zero is accepting his help talking about hypocrisy and the romance part was misplaced they showed Suzuku not being concentrating to fight yet he destroyed the enemies.
May 19, 2018 11:51 PM

Mar 2017
It was during this exact moment, that the invaders knew they've seriously fucked up.

Talk about dynamic duo, man this "couple" just can't get any better than this, and this is still at the late game of the first season.

Suzuka and Euphie can be dumb, naive, and annoying sometimes but they sure make a lovely couple. Cheers.

Aug 13, 2018 2:30 PM

Aug 2018
Bruh I just want the ships to sail
Jan 20, 2019 4:31 AM
Apr 2018
I was facepalming myself so hard during Euphy's love confession... God, at least we still got to see Lelouch.

small44 said:
the romance part was misplaced they showed Suzuku not being concentrating to fight yet he destroyed the enemies.
Yes, what the fuck was that? Power of love I guess...
Mar 10, 2019 3:54 PM
Apr 2016
Princess confessed, that was cute. Lelouch & Suzaku teaming up was awesome. Good episode.
Jun 3, 2019 8:02 PM
Feb 2017
Looks like we see Lelouch and Suzaku team up. I swear keeping him alive is going to bite Lelouch in the butt eventually.
Jun 6, 2019 9:25 PM

Sep 2017
Let the record show that Gawain is way cooler than Lancelot. Has a cooler color design, it's fucking massive, and it shoots death beams. There aren't many Gundams cooler than that. I didn't really care for the romance between Suzaku and Euphie. It came off as overdramatic and cliched. Actually, the more that I think about it, there really isn't a good ship I'm rooting for here. Maybe Kallen/C.C. and Lelouch? I dunno. It was brilliant on Lelouch's end for cooperating with Brittania taking down that revolution, strategically speaking. He really is a great tactician. I'm curious to see how the world will react to what he did here.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

babykeiji - Feb 22, 2008

122 by shakinfuture2 »»
Apr 11, 4:51 AM

» Code Geass is an omnipandering anime ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Feb 3

69 by AnimSr »»
Mar 31, 4:09 AM

Poll: » Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Faust721 - Feb 18, 2007

142 by Ja_LYMPIK »»
Mar 17, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Crystal - Feb 7, 2007

175 by Ja_LYMPIK »»
Mar 17, 2:24 AM

Poll: » Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xinil - Feb 6, 2007

191 by yulek »»
Mar 11, 3:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.