Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 1, 2013 5:29 PM
Dec 2013
Hello! I made this account today simply to ask a question to all of you. After watching both Clannad and After Story in rapid succsession (it was so good) i'm now sitting here with a weird feeling. I can't explain this feeling, i loved the anime and i'm one of those who liked how it ended (i whould have hated it if it ended on them both just dieing). I find myself just sitting stil doing nothing but thinking about the sad parts of the story and the happy parts. Is this feeling because of just how compelling the anime was or is it something else?

So my question is, did anyone else have a similar feeling after watching the series?

Sorry if this just sounds weird. ^^
Dec 1, 2013 7:50 PM

Sep 2012
It´s very funny you mention that, because it has been exactly one year since I finished Clannad (December 2012, the 6th), and I had the same exact feeling. I also liked the ending, however most people didn´t.

Yeah, after completing Clannad I couldn´t get my mind off of it for about two weeks or so. It was indeed a very werid feeling that you can´t explain unless the other person has gone through it aswell.

I guess that feeling is because you identified yourself with the main cast, and that is one of Clannad´s main streaghts: you can see that happening to you. All of it. I finished Clannad and Afterstory in about 3 or 4 days, because I couldn´t stop watching, especially after episode 10 of AS. SO I totally get what you´re feeling, even one year after completing the anime I still think about it now and then. It had a huge impact on my life to be honest.
Dec 1, 2013 7:53 PM

Aug 2013
Okeedoke. Another 'void' thread.

Whatever. I felt the same way after watching it. I said that about 100000 times in these forums already.
I'm going through a void-ish type thing right now with Anohana.
Fight Club > Anime
Scott Pilgrim > Manga
Death Cab for Cutie > Yuki Kajura

"Who'd you rather be? The Beatles or The Rolling Stones?"

MY REVIEWS! READ THEM. http://myanimelist.net/profile/StillSwingin007/reviews
Dec 1, 2013 7:57 PM

Dec 2012
You'll get over it.
Dec 1, 2013 7:58 PM

Apr 2007
Cried for ages after finishing Clannad After Story. 'Why am I still crying? Why haven't I run out of tears yet?'
Dec 1, 2013 7:58 PM

Sep 2012
I balled my eyes out at that anime a year ago. So many feels.

It was a happy sad though, just because I found something that actually could make me cry. I was impressed. Didn't feel a void because it felt like one had been filled instead.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Dec 1, 2013 8:00 PM

Jan 2013
Most people have gone through this and some even still are.
I've had a similar feeling (Finished it in 2 nights), couldnt watch another anime, and just kept thinking about Clannad.

Just do something else in the meantime, and don't compare the next animes to Clannad, because if this is the first time you've felt this way and you don't think anything can compete with it anymore ... you'll just think every anime you'll watch is never going to be as good, while in fact there are a lot of anime that are.
Dec 1, 2013 8:00 PM

Dec 2012
No, I felt like I wasted my time on this and I certainly didn't get ''feels'' let alone cry.
Dec 1, 2013 8:01 PM

Apr 2013
Get over it you little girl.
an egomaniac and a fool

Dec 1, 2013 8:07 PM

Sep 2012
tsudecimo said:
No, I felt like I wasted my time on this and I certainly didn't get ''feels'' let alone cry.

Very interesting, I thought the same about the new Monogatari series thats airing right now. Watched 15 or so episodes and I realized how much of a time waste it was :D
Dec 1, 2013 8:21 PM
Dec 2013
masterfxx1 said:
It´s very funny you mention that, because it has been exactly one year since I finished Clannad (December 2012, the 6th), and I had the same exact feeling. I also liked the ending, however most people didn´t.

Yeah, after completing Clannad I couldn´t get my mind off of it for about two weeks or so. It was indeed a very werid feeling that you can´t explain unless the other person has gone through it aswell.

I guess that feeling is because you identified yourself with the main cast, and that is one of Clannad´s main streaghts: you can see that happening to you. All of it. I finished Clannad and Afterstory in about 3 or 4 days, because I couldn´t stop watching, especially after episode 10 of AS. SO I totally get what you´re feeling, even one year after completing the anime I still think about it now and then. It had a huge impact on my life to be honest.

Thanks for the reply, i also watched the whole thing in few days for the same reasons. Even tho the series had some of the most heartbreaking moments i have ever witnessed i still continued to watch because i was hopeing for it to turn around. And now after it's done i'm glad i watched it.

StillSwingin007 said:
Okeedoke. Another 'void' thread.

Whatever. I felt the same way after watching it. I said that about 100000 times in these forums already.
I'm going through a void-ish type thing right now with Anohana.

Sorry for doing another post like this, i probably should have looked for a similar post. But i just really had the urge to express myself.
Dec 1, 2013 8:33 PM

Sep 2012
Pedarsen said:
masterfxx1 said:

Thanks for the reply, i also watched the whole thing in few days for the same reasons. Even tho the series had some of the most heartbreaking moments i have ever witnessed i still continued to watch because i was hopeing for it to turn around. And now after it's done i'm glad i watched it.

I was 0% spoiled when watching Clannad and Afterstory, so I was praying that somehow something happened that would make Tomoya´s suffering worth it. I mean, he lost his wife in the day that was supposed to be his happiest, his depression wouldnt let him face Ushio, and he was commiting the same mistakes his father once did, and then, after reuniting with his daughter after 5 years of loneliness, she dies by the same fate that his wife did...

Had the anime ended without somehow time resetting, I would´ve hated it. It´s not that I am a sucker for happy ends, but it just wouldnt feel right.
Dec 1, 2013 8:47 PM

Dec 2012
masterfxx1 said:
tsudecimo said:

Very interesting, I thought the same about the new Monogatari series thats airing right now. Watched 15 or so episodes and I realized how much of a time waste it was :D

Cool story bro but why is this relevant?

Pathetic flame bait.
Dec 1, 2013 8:49 PM

Sep 2012
tsudecimo said:
masterfxx1 said:
tsudecimo said:

Cool story bro but why is this relevant?

Pathetic flame bait.

Flame bait? I dont see how. I also don´t see why you´re viewing Clannad´s forum if you hated it that much, but whatever.
Dec 10, 2013 6:41 AM

Sep 2012
I'd say it is still affecting me emotionally afterwards, but I will admit that the effective asspull at the end really pissed me off. Made me feel a bit cheated after putting in so much emotional investment to the series.
Jan 14, 2014 5:21 PM

Jun 2013
I am experiencing this right now as I just finished the series today. I don't know what to do. I don't even feel like watching other anime or doing anything in general. Idek what I'm doing with my life. Help.

Jan 21, 2014 4:41 AM
Jul 2018
tHe-OTAKU- said:
I'd say it is still affecting me emotionally afterwards, but I will admit that the effective asspull at the end really pissed me off. Made me feel a bit cheated after putting in so much emotional investment to the series.

Not necessarily, at first I was also annoyed but that's because it felt rushed. Try watching the ending again and you will see what I mean. The show was giving hints about an ending like this since Season 1. Sure, a sad ending would be fitting, but do you think Okazaki deserves it?
May 30, 2016 12:01 PM

Jan 2016
I finished watching Clannad yesterday im feeling the same way! I could'nt sleep last night because of it and today Clannad is all that is on my mind!

I loved the ending because it just would'nt feel right! But yes it's cool to see that alot of people have the same empty feeling that i have, Not even One Piece and Gintama can cheer me up!
May 31, 2016 3:46 AM

Mar 2016
FireFistYamaan said:
I finished watching Clannad yesterday im feeling the same way! I could'nt sleep last night because of it and today Clannad is all that is on my mind!

I loved the ending because it just would'nt feel right! But yes it's cool to see that alot of people have the same empty feeling that i have, Not even One Piece and Gintama can cheer me up!

Try Your Lie in April :)
May 31, 2016 11:27 AM

Jan 2016
[/quote]Try Your Lie in April :)[/quote]

Please no more! I don't even feel like watching anime anymore ):
May 31, 2016 7:44 PM
Apr 2016
Same here... I finished it yesterday..It was all that was on my mind before I fell asleep.
Jul 17, 2017 9:23 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
I finished Clannad, Clannad After Story, Clannad the Movie and all of the Ova yesterday night and today it's all I can seriously think of. I mean, it was just that phenomenal. Personally, I loved almost each and every side character as almost all of them got decent amount of screening and their fair share of story told. Sound department of the anime was also sensational but I did find the ED of After Story kind of a mood-breaker and the moe animated characters were also completely fine with me. Therefore, I had almost literally no issues with the anime, other than a little confusion which still persists at the side of my brain. As a result, I wasted half my day looking up for theories based on the ending and scrolling through YouTube looking for memorable moments and etc.
Now that it has to this, I'm just going to rewatch it tomorrow. Just the thought of going through this tear-jerking yet amusing ride once again feels like a really good refreshing breeze passing through my monotonic life.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 29, 2018 10:29 AM

Aug 2015
The_Surrealist said:
Had the anime ended without somehow time resetting, I would´ve hated it. It´s not that I am a sucker for happy ends, but it just wouldnt feel right.

So sorry for the necropost, but speaking of that:

But to answer this really old question, I feel you. it's been 3 months since I finished, and am finding it really hard to let go of the emotional rollercoaster I had. Partially due to the fact I added 20+ soundtracks from the series to my playlist. I am quite the sucker for SoL soundtracks; it's ridiculous.
BlueSquaddyNov 29, 2018 10:34 AM
Dec 2, 2018 10:07 AM
Mar 2018
Yep I finished it 4 years ago and had exactly the same feeling. Then I had to put all of my list on hold for that. Gotta admit it's my first and best anime ever. (It feels so wrong to say this fact but I watched it even before the original Clannad)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

angel999 - Oct 23, 2008

319 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 14, 10:59 PM

» Hopefully this isn't annoying

Ricdumb - Apr 10

0 by Ricdumb »»
Apr 10, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 16, 2008

260 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 8, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kiseki - Oct 2, 2008

347 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 7, 6:44 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

patient_senses - Mar 12, 2009

1168 by Chilicon_valley »»
Mar 10, 8:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.