Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yozakura Quartet
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 1, 2013 6:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah shit just went down again. I sense this isn't going to get any better with the way things are going now. Lol @ the poses, lmao. Next episode might be amusing.
Stark700Dec 1, 2013 6:57 AM
Dec 1, 2013 6:57 AM

Nov 2007
OP with OAD OP (special ver. for this ep.)!! Red hair lady being one of the citizens. So that guy isn't gone forever. It was Akina who put the bouquet there.

That megane guy appeared, giving vision to another world to Akina, and trying to get his power. Wow, that old guy is strong, despite being a human. Now he also wants Onmyouji's power.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 1, 2013 11:12 AM

May 2009
Good that anime skipped OVA material.
If you didn't watch it, do it before this episode.
Dec 1, 2013 11:47 AM

Mar 2012
Sure hope the OP change isn't permanent. Not that I dislike the Hoshi no Umi OP, just that Sakura no Ato is my favourite OP this season.

Dat Hime sneeze. "Hakushami!" lol

Didn't expect Zakuro to be this moe.

Funny how in this show the lack of a panty shot is much more surprising than one actually shown.
Dec 2, 2013 3:54 AM

Sep 2012
I'm going to rewatch the Hoshi no Umi OAD before watching this episode. I really liked that part of the manga, and so the anime.
Dec 2, 2013 6:43 AM

Dec 2007
vonPeterhof said:
Sure hope the OP change isn't permanent. Not that I dislike the Hoshi no Umi OP, just that Sakura no Ato is my favourite OP this season.

Dat Hime sneeze. "Hakushami!" lol

Didn't expect Zakuro to be this moe.

Funny how in this show the lack of a panty shot is much more surprising than one actually shown.
I highly doubt it will be seen again. The purpose of it was to show an abridged version of the OVA (just as I said they'd probably do) at the point where it occurs in the story, without sacrificing any regular air time. It's the most efficient way to handle it after all. Zakuro needed the introduction for those who haven't seen the OVA.

And speaking of Zakuro, they did a good job with her part (I love her personality's complete 180, and she's just too cute in this arc). Still, I really wanted them to do the scene where she was formally accepted into the town, but you can't have everything.
LOL at Ao's map.
Excellent fight in the second half, though I must say that Juri's frankensteiner being 95% panty flash did not impress me.
ErwinJADec 2, 2013 6:47 AM
Dec 2, 2013 6:45 AM

Jul 2010
Zakuro is love.
Old OP gave me nostalgia.

Btw, the second half was pretty good, the fight was well done and exciting as always. I wonder what Akina saw about the other world.
Dec 2, 2013 6:58 AM

Apr 2013
So to understand the first half of the ep you have to watch something before?
O...k...
Dec 2, 2013 7:05 AM

May 2013
Nice to see Zakuro. Also liked those fight scenes at the second half of the episode.
Dec 2, 2013 7:14 AM

May 2013
can somebody pls explain me how all these series of Yozakura Quartet are connected, which pattern do i watch

i watched hoshi no umi but i cant figure out the timeline of the events that happening

thanks in advance
Dec 2, 2013 7:42 AM

Nov 2010
I didnt expect to like this anime as much as I do. it has decent comedy, great action, an interesting plot, and it has ecchi but doesnt overdo it. I also really liked the sound effects.
Dec 2, 2013 7:48 AM

Aug 2010
Seems like they skipped Zaku and Rin's arc since they already adapted it in the OVAs...As a person who already watched it...I found the OP summary to be pretty damn epic and pretty much showed everything that happened there...Ofc whoever hasn't watched should watch it but good summary overall.

Now for the ep...that was an epic episode :D

First half was calm and funny with how clumsy Zaku is XD...Lol'd so much at her reaction to Akina's stick XD And she can go crazy like how she did with Shinozuka XD Oh and OFC...Dat apple XD

Kotoha getting flipped was nice ;)...No pan ftw!! <3

Now second half was brilliant!!! Loved it so much. Dat action!!!

Enjin showing up out of nowhere and showing Akina the other world. Damn that looked painful O_o!

I didn't expect that but Damn we have ourselves a friggin BA Ossan!!! O_O XD...Totally Owned Enjin like he was nothing XD

Loved Juli's Frankestein!! I want to be hit with that >.< Dem Thighs!!! Dem Panties!! Dat ass!! ;) <3

Gravity dude was pretty awesome too. And finally Akina waking up with his BA long hair was BOSS as usual :D

Seems like Enjin found himself some OPness at the end there XD Nxt ep seems a calm before the storm of the epic climax. Really loving this series a lot :D
Dec 2, 2013 8:53 AM

Aug 2012
Felt a bit confused with the episode with new character coming in and such. But from reading the comments looks like I have to watch the ova episodes! Shall do that now lol
Dec 2, 2013 9:39 AM

Dec 2007
na35899 said:
can somebody pls explain me how all these series of Yozakura Quartet are connected, which pattern do i watch

i watched hoshi no umi but i cant figure out the timeline of the events that happening

thanks in advance

The first Yozakura Quartet TV series was only a semi-adaptation - they kept a large number of scenes but completely changed the context and story.

Hana no Uta episodes 2-8 mostly reboot the story from the beginning, staying fairly close to the manga, but cutting out quite a bit due to time constraints.

The Hoshi no Umi OVA takes place between episodes 8 and 9 of Hana no Uta.

Hana no Uta episodes 9-10 focus on the aftermath of Hoshi no Umi, and a number of plot and character-progressing snippets the manga always throws in between major arcs. Episodes 11-13 will probably be the actual Hana no Uta arc.

Tsuki no Naku is the next major arc after Hana no Uta.
Dec 2, 2013 10:39 AM
Apr 2013
Zakuro so moe. I love how so matter of fact and yet not in your face about it panty shots are, Another okay first half with a pretty intense second half. So Juri-san is a descendant of Dr. Frankenstein. That explains the V and F.
Dec 2, 2013 12:30 PM

Jan 2011
That was ridiculously awesome. Love it. Keeps being interesting week to week.

Still stings me it's only 13 episodes.
Dec 2, 2013 12:44 PM

Jan 2010
That Frankensteiner looks deadly, in more than one way. I liked Hoshi no Umi's OP, to use it for this episode was a really good decision.

Dec 2, 2013 12:59 PM

Sep 2009
IZEROII said:

It's 19 eps if you count the OVAs

Ep1-8 > Hoshi no Umi > 9 - end.

More correctly:

Ep1-8 > Hoshi no Umi > Ep 9-13 > Tsuki ni Naku
Nachtwandler_21Dec 2, 2013 1:02 PM
Dec 2, 2013 3:03 PM

Dec 2012
The new opening is quite good. Zakuro seems like an interesting character. Don't mess with the elders.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Dec 2, 2013 5:35 PM

Dec 2012
Juri is love <3
Dec 2, 2013 7:00 PM

Feb 2013
I had my dick out the entire episode. Holy shit the sound in this show is amazing. I also love how the fanservice isn't shitty like 95% of shows. This is definitely one of my favorites this season. It deserves more attention than it's getting. I guess I better watch the OVAs now.
Dec 2, 2013 8:52 PM

Aug 2013
Good thing I'd already watched the Hoshi no Umi OVA's or I would've been extremely confused.
wow gay
Dec 2, 2013 8:55 PM
Jan 2013
Enjin is a badass villain
._.
Dec 3, 2013 4:54 AM

Jul 2011
Nachtwandler_21 said:
IZEROII said:

It's 19 eps if you count the OVAs

More correctly:

Thanks. I was a bit confused about the right order to watch it included the OVA's.
Dec 3, 2013 6:31 AM

May 2013
ErwinJA said:
na35899 said:

thanks in advance

The first Yozakura Quartet TV series was only a semi-adaptation - they kept a large number of scenes but completely changed the context and story.

Hana no Uta episodes 2-8 mostly reboot the story from the beginning, staying fairly close to the manga, but cutting out quite a bit due to time constraints.

Hana no Uta episodes 9-10 focus on the aftermath of Hoshi no Umi, and a number of plot and character-progressing snippets the manga always throws in between major arcs. Episodes 11-13 will probably be the actual Hana no Uta arc.

so hana no uta and the 6 ova is a remake of the first yozakura quartet right?
Dec 3, 2013 7:34 AM

Apr 2013
Wow omg O_O.
I like very this ED.
Good episode.
Dec 3, 2013 8:03 AM

Oct 2013
The second half came as a surprise to me. Akina was captured too easily >.<........

Nachtwandler_21 said:

More correctly:

thanks!
heiqi1huDec 3, 2013 10:03 AM
Dec 3, 2013 9:29 AM

Sep 2009
na35899 said:

so hana no uta and the 6 ova is a remake of the first yozakura quartet right?

Yes. And it's 95% close to manga unlike first series.
Dec 3, 2013 2:39 PM

Jun 2011
Ahhh yay! I'm glad they didn't redo Hoshi no Umi completely ^^ It was a good idea to include what happened in the OP and continue where the story was left off ^^
Yokatta~
Dat apple xD Kawaii-yo!

Things are getting serious, I'm starting to get a bit worried about how soon this will end :/ I'm already looking forward to the next season ^^
Pyr0Dec 3, 2013 11:43 PM
Dec 3, 2013 8:39 PM
Oct 2013
I thought I downloaded the wrong episode. Turned out that it had something to do with OVA and the OP just changed. Didn't get much Hime this episode but the elder was soooo awesome.
Dec 4, 2013 8:32 PM

Jan 2012
Seriously? They skipped the Walking pilgrimage arc >.< I really love that arc of manga. And that would explained a lot about Yuuhi, Yae and Mariabelle' pasts
I'm a noob
Dec 4, 2013 8:59 PM

Jan 2013
New opening. Damn the animation is just plain old extravagant. Seriously, it's ridiculous. The budget is too high.
Dec 5, 2013 3:22 AM
Jul 2012
Zakuro/Eiji "fight" was so much cooler in this compared to the manga, the animation company does it's best in the action sequences. for example, the faces of Hime's or Kotoha's (can't remember who's) classmates in this episode just looked... off.
actually this whole episode was much better than the manga versions, though none of the interlude chapters are really that great tbh, so they could've only improved them
it;s also good to see Eiji looking normal again(hopefully thos strange profile shots of him in earlier episodes will be fixed in the DVD/BD release)

rockmands said:
Seriously? They skipped the Walking pilgrimage arc >.< I really love that arc of manga. And that would explained a lot about Yuuhi, Yae and Mariabelle' pasts

the preview for ep 10 had scenes that looked like fresh into town teen Juri, so maybe they'll do a really short flashback, but i'm hoping for a 2/3 episode OAD for the arc, it is quite a good arc afterall
DetrimontDec 5, 2013 3:42 AM
Dec 5, 2013 7:49 AM

Sep 2012
Squeezing 3 episodes of Hoshi no Umi OVA into one OP?!? Never think it is doable. That is more than what Rozen Maiden managed to do. At least I would give it credit to use the OVA OP to make it clear that the OP is about the OVA.

And this episode is damn full of fan-service. NURSE IS SO HOT !! FRANKENSTEIN !!!!
And we even know Kotoha does not wear it... Hmmm....
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 6, 2013 7:19 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

bastek66 said:
Good that anime skipped OVA material.
If you didn't watch it, do it before this episode.

Heck, you had told me sooner! XD

ErwinJA said:

Thanks for the explanation! But now double your response the question arises: why have done only 12 episodes instead of making 24? At least not cut so many things! D:

Tsukari_Tsukimi said:

Thank you! You have been very brief, I hasten to see the OVA! * _ *

Too bad! From what I've read and then spoilerato in the opening of the episode, the first of this episode, it was great and runs to the OVA. Plot that deserved a lot more episodes to give time and space to raise Yozakura Quartet after the first set a little bankruptcy, then why not do it? Good question! XD
The narration is great, fanservice and barrel together, no one can complain!
Graphically, however, has its flaws, the designs were not always great, the character design I have to admit, though that of the first series was nice, I really want this aribadire if well designed is cute! * _ *
Animations good! Even scenarios deserve more attention.
Dec 6, 2013 3:40 PM

Apr 2013
Damn, now i need to watch the OVA -_-
Dec 8, 2013 3:37 PM

May 2012
Wow, that old man did not even take a single step while fighting Enjin. Don't mess with the Elders!
Dec 9, 2013 12:13 PM

Jan 2011
I didn't watch the OVAs, like this has a proper story anyway. Panty shots every where and shit, lol.
ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Dec 9, 2013 5:12 PM

Jan 2008
Is it wrong of me to say I wanted to see the OVA's reanimated again? I enjoyed the OVA but seeing them in this animation would be nice. Though I guess I don't really mind too much.
PaulDec 9, 2013 5:26 PM
Dec 12, 2013 8:57 AM

Aug 2012
OMG why didn't i watch this earlier! sht just gets better and better! and the animation makes this much better ... and the elders we gotta talk about them.. that old man! just too fcking op! he's so cool!
"I don't like Megane, I love them"

Dec 13, 2013 11:48 AM
Aug 2011
godly animation and the action scenes are fantastic but everything else is rather mundane and the panty-shots feel extremely forced
Dec 21, 2013 11:15 PM

Jun 2012
dang, ossan was pretty epic xD nice episode, and nice OP !

Dec 30, 2013 5:20 AM

Jan 2012
That whole scene at the graveyard was so badass >__<
And funny how she had an apple on her head. The whole stuff about whats on the other side was really interesting, though Enjin... You sly, sly guy
Jan 3, 2014 10:14 PM

Nov 2012
wait who is zakuro?! gahh..
I cant help with it! I would watch the 2008 version and hoshi no umi instead :D
this show is great! XD
btw nice episode.. there is some a bit heavy conversation but still understand :3
damn the old man is really badass! :3
Jan 9, 2014 8:37 PM

Oct 2012
So, they just cramped all one arc in OP??
Dat Pant- I mean Frankensteiner
Looks like the Satori's power (mind-reading?) really convenient for him

I just confused about the order...
Now I want to read the manga xD
Rayl1ghtJan 9, 2014 8:40 PM
"Signature removed"
Jan 28, 2014 9:39 AM

Aug 2013
Ahh good thing I saw that other thread where it was suggested to watch Hoshi no Umi after episode 8. I would have been so clueless about Zakuro had I not watched it lol
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jan 31, 2014 1:31 AM

Jul 2009
I don't know from where the red head came from...but seems that I will need to watch the ovas to find out...
Mar 9, 2014 12:09 PM

Aug 2013
I was really confused in the beginning to what happened with that red haired girl. So the OP was action that took place in the past, right?

Anyway, beside that, it was a great episode. It's weird how the serie was so placed in the beginning and now everything is happening so fast...

Those ancient guy are op. But I guess Enjin will find a flaw in their technics.

Man, Kohime is really hard to wake up xD

The fighting was cool. I'm really curious about what Akina saw when Enjin showed him the other dimension.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 15, 2014 8:48 AM

May 2013
that old hot shot is pretty bad ass!!!!

and Zakuro is now the cutest girl in this show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 5/5
May 21, 2014 1:12 PM

May 2012
That ending sure was intense! Quite lovely episode I must say!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 29, 2013

75 by TeaBagCha »»
Apr 5, 7:13 PM

Poll: » Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2013

65 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Feb 1, 7:37 PM

Poll: » Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta Episode 12 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 22, 2013

44 by deg »»
Mar 5, 2023 11:36 AM

Poll: » Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2013

40 by deg »»
Mar 3, 2023 11:36 AM

Poll: » Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2013

43 by deg »»
Mar 2, 2023 12:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.