Forum Settings
Forums

Third Anime Season of 'Uta no Prince-sama' Announced for 2015

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 1, 2013 10:36 AM

Jul 2011
I... what? What else can they add? More competition?

Oh, but more Quartet Night plz. :>

They're really trying to make money off of this franchise. XD

parfaited said:

I can already picture the OP dance sequence and it's going to be marvelous, marvelous I tell you!

Bloody hell yes. I second that. If anything, that won't fail to disappoint!
MirorinDec 1, 2013 10:41 AM
Dec 1, 2013 10:48 AM
Mar 2010
Shadow-Chan said:
Some tweeted Fall 2015.

Say what? FALL 2015? So I really DO have to wait two more years for this? No, no, please be Winter 2015, please.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Dec 1, 2013 10:51 AM

Oct 2011
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More UtaPri XDDDDDDD
Dec 1, 2013 11:09 AM

Aug 2013
Oh wow a third season. I'll probably end up watching this anyway.
wow gay
Dec 1, 2013 11:25 AM

Jun 2012
Wow this is so gay.
Dec 1, 2013 11:32 AM
Jul 2013
Can they fix her creepy eyes this time?
Dec 1, 2013 11:42 AM

Jul 2013
woah...2015 eh?... still haven't watched the second season yet... well, this sucks... but at least there WILL be a third season... hope it's as good as the first one at least.
love their songs:)
Dec 1, 2013 11:42 AM
Sep 2012
Hopefully it continues to improve like season two did compared to season one.
Dec 1, 2013 11:43 AM

May 2008
I wasn't even expecting this..I thought the Christmas special was honestly the end ;A; I'm so happy. I wonder if they'll do more stuff with HEAVENS.

Actually honest to god I'm hoping they STOP BEING STUPID AND GIVE KAORU SOME DAMN SCREEN TIME ALREADY. Ugh I need to see his precious face animated.

..that and I wonder if they'll put Hakase, Aine, Kei and Hibiki in there for Ai and Reiji, respectfully...

Dec 1, 2013 12:20 PM

Aug 2009
JUST HAVE A KISS SCENE PLEASE
Dec 1, 2013 12:43 PM

Apr 2012
Hmmm.... So we're wait for a year for a next season... Huh...
Dec 1, 2013 12:49 PM

Sep 2013
The only good thing about this announcement is that its in 2015.
2 more years and I can go without that shitty otome adaption getting more acknowledgment.
peeyaj said:
Fueille is a deconstruction of a decent human being.
Dec 1, 2013 1:16 PM

May 2013
fueille said:
The only good thing about this announcement is that its in 2015.
2 more years and I can go without that shitty otome adaption getting more acknowledgment.

Stay mad.
“Victor can’t be satisfied by anyone but me.”

Dec 1, 2013 1:29 PM

Oct 2012
I guess it's about time I consider watching this.....though that probably won't happen till a while.

Dec 1, 2013 1:53 PM

Jun 2013
YESSS!!! So excited! 2015 is such a long time away T.T
If you feel attacked, you're part of the problem.

Even if things are painful and tough, people should appreciate what it means to be alive at all. — Yato
Dec 1, 2013 2:27 PM

Jan 2013
<--- is not a girl and therefore doesen't care
Dec 1, 2013 2:34 PM

Dec 2007
^Why reply if you don't care...?
Dec 1, 2013 2:49 PM

Sep 2012
*cries*
Thank u so much!!!
Dec 1, 2013 3:01 PM

May 2013
TheNaturalPerm said:
<--- is not a girl and therefore doesen't care

Clearly, you cared enough to make a post about it, so.

Dec 1, 2013 5:05 PM

Jul 2012
More dancing bishies? I'm in.
Dec 1, 2013 5:16 PM

Jan 2013
maybe in this season she'll get to choose one of them x.x'
..probably hoping in vain though..

~everlasting happiness is a joke...
Dec 1, 2013 5:34 PM

Jul 2010
Wow, so there really is going to be a 2-year gap between seasons again. I enjoyed season two a lot so hopefully the third season will be even better.

parfaited said:
I can already picture the OP dance sequence and it's going to be marvelous, marvelous I tell you!

This. I'm not sure how they can outdo the second OP but I know they'll manage to somehow.
Dec 1, 2013 5:41 PM

Feb 2011
That's great! So far away though. Wonder what the story will be about..?
眠れないのは君のせい
Dec 1, 2013 5:45 PM

Jun 2012
Japan loves to eat up generic shit like this.
Dec 1, 2013 6:17 PM

Nov 2012
I have to watch 2 seasons right now xD

My Candies:

Dec 1, 2013 8:44 PM

Sep 2008
You've got to be having a giraffe. -.-
Dec 1, 2013 9:43 PM

Apr 2007
Okay... I read through all the comments lmao (after my first post)...

I like this series, I really do. However, I just don't know what more they can do with another season.

I mean, I wouldn't mind if they focus more on Quartet Night or actually have her going down a character route. I also, hope they bring Kaoru into the picture. I was kind of hoping he'd be in the 2nd season, but that did not happen.

When the 3rd season happens, this is what I'd like to see come out of it: Kaoru finally comes into the scene. The UtaPri Boys are invited to a contest thingie in another country, along w/ Haruka of course. I'd like to see some interactions of the QN w/ Haruka. **Now, I'm thinking of Haru from Free! *o*...**

Not a fan of those other guys... forgot their names already, but I guess they can still be a rival for STARISH...
Dec 1, 2013 10:20 PM
Mar 2010
Shuhan said:
Wow this is so gay.

Shuhan said:

Wow, you must really care about this 'gay generic shit' if you can comment on it twice. :P
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Dec 1, 2013 10:58 PM

Jun 2012
phoenixalia said:
Shuhan said:
Wow this is so gay.

Shuhan said:

Wow, you must really care about this 'gay generic shit' if you can comment on it twice. :P

Yeah I do care because Im mad. There are a ton of great shows that deserve a second season but recycled shit like gets two sequels.
Dec 1, 2013 11:18 PM

Jan 2011
Shuhan said:
phoenixalia said:
Shuhan said:
Wow this is so gay.

Shuhan said:

Yeah I do care because Im mad. There are a ton of great shows that deserve a second season but recycled shit like gets two sequels.

There was actually a difference between season one and season two, S1 was your standard otome adaptation while S2 was more of a comedy/SOL that focused more on the boys growing stronger together as a idol group, and Haruka had a smaller role.

What I wonder about is how while STARISH top their first episode performance from season one and season two, they get raunchier and raunchier every season.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8fJHJd66c4
DANCE AND DANCE DOKI DOKI WAKU WAKU SURUZE
[center]
Dec 1, 2013 11:28 PM

Oct 2012
Shuhan said:

Stay mad. Not like you are making a difference. Add some extra sales to your 'good shows' or shut the fuck up.

Anyway YES! more epic songs and embarrassing dances.
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Dec 1, 2013 11:53 PM
Dec 2010
Shuhan said:
phoenixalia said:
Shuhan said:
Wow this is so gay.

Shuhan said:

Says the guy who gave Sekirei a 9, Haganai a 9 (and the second season a 10) and HSOD an 8.

Keep raging, bro.
old_accJan 7, 2014 3:49 AM
Dec 1, 2013 11:55 PM
Mar 2010
Shuhan said:

You're not the only one who feels that way. Many shows deserve a second season. But whining about isn't going to bring them.

Besides, think about it this way: We don't get many female oriented shows and most female oriented shows sell badly so having at least some of them like UtaPri doing well is a blessing.
Dec 2, 2013 12:00 AM

Sep 2012
Wow 2015. Here I thought the wait for Love live S2 in 2014 was long.
Dec 2, 2013 12:18 AM
Jul 2018
Shuhan said:
phoenixalia said:
Shuhan said:
Wow this is so gay.

Shuhan said:

The success of the anime ows it so much to the phenomenal success of the otome game and its sequels that it's adapted from.

Seriously, the amount of fanart you can find for Uta Pri rivals that of what you can find for the most successful shounens. The series also gets a lot of coverage on otome game magazines such as B–log with uta pri–related posters and gifts every now and then. The series and its merchandises are so popular that Broccoli is milking it with lackluster sequels (that keep selling well despite its quality, lol)
Dec 2, 2013 1:52 AM
May 2012
Isn't it too early to announce this???

Well good for the fans though they'll have to wait, a long wait.

Uta no Prince-sama doesn't interest me, I might check it out though.
Dec 2, 2013 2:04 AM

Oct 2007
this thread
I guess people really don't realize how long it takes to make an anime. Two cour show takes ~1,5 years so the middle of 2015 is perfectly normal date (and the other way around, I'm assuming it's gonna be two cour precisely because of this date). It's just that S3 was announced at the beginning of its production while many other anime get announced when they're like halfway done, I suppose that's where your surprise comes from.
Anybody knows if the studio has other plans in the meantime? That could also affect the date.
Dec 2, 2013 3:35 AM

Jun 2008
Yaaaaay....?

Actually I'm not excited. Didn't like the second season.

In the end though, I'm probably gonna watch it for the lol.
Dec 2, 2013 7:41 AM

Nov 2008
well that's a surprised from what my friend told me the ending of the second season should have ended it, she's probably piss right now lol
Dec 2, 2013 8:04 AM

Sep 2010
Personally I kind of wish they wouldn't. I loved the first season and gave it 9/10, but I found the second kind of embarrassingly bad. It was everything people ASSUMED season 1 was but really wasn't i.e. nothing more than hot guys singing. I really felt the first season was heavily focussed on a genuine love of music, but the second just degenerated into 'LOOK, ATTRACTIVE MALES' and was thin on plot. I'd like Uta Pri to not be ruined even more, and I really don't see a third season redeeming it.
Dec 2, 2013 9:38 AM

Jun 2012
Itermin8rX said:
Stay mad. Not like you are making a difference. Add some extra sales to your 'good shows' or shut the fuck up.

Anyway YES! more epic songs and embarrassing dances.

I do, I import BDs.

xHoneythief said:
Says the guy who gave Sekirei a 9, Haganai a 9 (and the second season a 10) and HSOD an 8.

Never stop raging, bro. Your posts are always an endless source of amusement.

Says the person who has a private list to prevent others from seeing your terrible taste.

phoenixalia said:
You're not the only one who feels that way. Many shows deserve a second season. But whining about isn't going to bring them.

Besides, think about it this way: We don't get many female oriented shows and most female oriented shows sell badly so having at least some of them like UtaPri doing well is a blessing.

Quite a few do decently well, the female oriented shows that are actually good never seem to do well though.
Dec 2, 2013 9:57 AM
Mar 2010
Shuhan said:

Quite a few do decently well, the female oriented shows that are actually good never seem to do well though.

Again, though I can see what you're getting at(I assume you mean good shoujo like Kamisama Kiss and a show like Samumenco which is predicted to bomb hard) what can we achieve by whining about it? The fans in Japan will buy what they want to buy. Hardcore fans almost never buy shows like Kamisama Kiss or Samumenco. Sad truth.
Dec 2, 2013 10:09 AM

May 2013
Shuhan said:

xHoneythief said:

Never stop raging, bro. Your posts are always an endless source of amusement.

Says the person who has a private list to prevent others from seeing your terrible taste.

You're one to talk about fucking terrible taste, you like the same exact fucking shit you're bitching about in this forum just the genders are reversed.

Dec 2, 2013 10:12 AM

Jan 2011
Progeusz said:

Anybody knows if the studio has other plans in the meantime? That could also affect the date.

Only show they have planned so far is Sekai Seifuku next season.
[center]
Dec 2, 2013 10:14 AM

Jul 2012
You know how many shows and genres are aimed specifically for women?

Shoujo and josei.

You know how many of those have a shot at selling well?

Shoujo.

And you know which ones usually are also pretty objectifying and sexist towards women despite being aimed towards them?

Shoujo.

There are a ton, a TON of male oriented shows that get second, third, fourth, and fifth seasons (Ikkitousen) and that sell extremely well in general. Here we happen to have one otome game adaption aimed at women that happens to sell and be successful and suddenly it's a travesty.

UtaPri getting a third season does not prevent your beloved ecchi harem desu~ crap from getting more seasons, so why are you mad at it? Blame the companies that won't make second seasons of your favorite shit, blame the publishers who won't greenlight it. Why blame a show that has nothing to do with it just because you don't like who its aimed at and because it has lots of seasons? That's silly.
Dec 2, 2013 10:39 AM

Oct 2007
VioLink said:
Progeusz said:
Only show they have planned so far is Sekai Seifuku next season.
Thank you. That would mean they concentrated on that after UtaPri S2 finished and now that SS is coming close to airing they'll get started on UtaPri S3, therefore announcement. Makes sense time-wise.
Dec 2, 2013 11:16 AM

Sep 2010
As long as UtaPri is getting 20+ k per volume and CD sales they will keep coming out with new seasons and OVAs and whatnot. Also this is probably one of the most successful Otome VNs in Japan (if thats wrong please tell me) so sorry if A-1 pictures wants to keep on cashing in on that money. Cause this is one of the only decent adaptions they ever made that is actually very good. I don't think any of their other releases had this much sales since AnoHana.

I do agree there are shows that do deserve a second season more, but the sales either bombed or they only planned it for only 1 season and nothing more.

I personally can't wait for season 3 and also to see if it will get 3000% more gay they upped it in season 2 totally. UtaPri is totally my guilty pleasure and I loving that its coming back casue more Cecil and Otoya. xD
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Dec 2, 2013 11:18 AM

Sep 2012
ihateeveryone said:
You know how many shows and genres are aimed specifically for women?

Shoujo and josei.

You know how many of those have a shot at selling well?

Shoujo.

And you know which ones usually are also pretty objectifying and sexist towards women despite being aimed towards them?

Shoujo.

There are a ton, a TON of male oriented shows that get second, third, fourth, and fifth seasons (Ikkitousen) and that sell extremely well in general. Here we happen to have one otome game adaption aimed at women that happens to sell and be successful and suddenly it's a travesty.

UtaPri getting a third season does not prevent your beloved ecchi harem desu~ crap from getting more seasons, so why are you mad at it? Blame the companies that won't make second seasons of your favorite shit, blame the publishers who won't greenlight it. Why blame a show that has nothing to do with it just because you don't like who its aimed at and because it has lots of seasons? That's silly.
BECAUSE ATTRACTIVE MALE CHARACTERS MAKE ME MAD! GRRRRRRR ARGHEUIWFISDIFHSDIWP
Dec 2, 2013 11:30 AM

Aug 2013
I don't particularly like Uta Pri, but since it is rare to see such a high quality otoge anime adaption, I will watch every season, no matter how cheesy it gets.
And I thought the games were about done. Guess this is the next Hakuoki.
"Your argument is like a naked banana--it simply lacks appeal."
Dec 2, 2013 11:40 AM
Jul 2018
Roloko said:
As long as UtaPri is getting 20+ k per volume and CD sales they will keep coming out with new seasons and OVAs and whatnot. Also this is probably one of the most successful Otome VNs in Japan (if thats wrong please tell me)

I don't know about its success compared to non–harem VNs, but UtaPri is up there with Hakuouki and Amnesia as the most popular and milked otome franchises. Though, from what I noticed, UtaPri has more fan works compared to those two.

I personally can't wait for season 3 and also to see if it will get 3000% more gay they upped it in season 2 totally. UtaPri is totally my guilty pleasure and I loving that its coming back casue more Cecil and Otoya. xD

One of the complaints that I heard about the game sequels, which seem to have a different writer than tbe original game, is the homosexual overtones between the supposedly straight guys. This trend also seems to be present in Broccoli's most recent game, Kami no Asobi, which is by the same writer as the sequels and spinoffs.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

70 by dodoxdo97 »»
2 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 11 hours ago

3 by Maumuu »»
5 hours ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
8 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.