Forum Settings
Forums

Third Anime Season of 'Uta no Prince-sama' Announced for 2015

New
Dec 1, 2013 5:17 AM

Nov 2007
According to reports by the attendees of Sunday's "Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love Live 3rd Stage" event, a third anime adaptation of the otome game "Uta no☆Prince-sama♪" was announced for 2015.

The first and second seasons of "Uta no☆Prince-sama♪" aired in summer 2011 and Spring 2013, respectively.

Source: Otakomu

Story by arsonal

Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 3 on MAL
myanimelistllcFeb 15, 2016 5:20 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 1, 2013 5:20 AM

Nov 2012
more of otoya and the other guys, yes pleeeease ~
Dec 1, 2013 5:21 AM

Jul 2012
I'll keep my eye out for it! Oh wait.. "2015"
Thanks for the info Tsubasalover.
Dec 1, 2013 5:27 AM

Apr 2007
This show apparently takes 2 years to make O_O... but seriously, a third season? I thought the 2nd season ended off pretty well. I really don't want to ruin that ending >_<
Dec 1, 2013 5:33 AM

Jun 2011
I have the first season on 'plan to watch', so more Seasons are always welcome<3

But 2015? Damn thats a long wait...
Dec 1, 2013 5:37 AM

Feb 2012
Awesome! But we'll have to wait two more years...
Dec 1, 2013 5:53 AM
Mar 2010
With those amazing sales which were I think twice the sales of the first season, I would have been surprised if they HADN'T announced this.

But man...2015? Still, I'm not going to mope too much. After all, Winter 2015 is only a year away. There's only one month left and it'll be 2014.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Dec 1, 2013 5:57 AM

Dec 2007
OMG, rofl A-1 pictures is counting cash in the background..I wonder what the story will be about.. :D
Dec 1, 2013 5:57 AM

Sep 2011
Can't believe that this show is popular.
Dec 1, 2013 6:01 AM
Mar 2010
KurizenT said:
Can't believe that this show is popular.

One person's garbage is another person's treasure.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Dec 1, 2013 6:01 AM
Jul 2018
Despite its immense popularity, the Uta no Prince series never piqued my interest. Maybe because I don't find boy bands or singers in general manly or attractive lol. Historical figures on the other hand *drools at a pic of Souji Okita*

Also, out of curiosity, does the anime follow a certain route from the game? Tokiya seems fo be the most popular character among Japanese gamers.
Dec 1, 2013 6:07 AM
Mar 2012
Haya_Yandere said:
Also, out of curiosity, does the anime follow a certain route from the game? Tokiya seems fo be the most popular character among Japanese gamers.

The anime (both season 1 and 2) aren't following any route from the game at all. They have some elements from the game though.
Dec 1, 2013 6:14 AM

Jul 2009
Lameeee~
Dec 1, 2013 6:17 AM

Oct 2013
I've been waiting for this. ; o;

"The ones who should kill, are the ones who are ready to be killed."
Dec 1, 2013 6:19 AM
Jul 2018
melina_putri said:
Haya_Yandere said:

The anime (both season 1 and 2) aren't following any route from the game at all. They have some elements from the game though.

And I wonder why people seem to hate heroines from otome game adaptions, because they are surrounded with all these hot guys, play with their emotions and in the end can't pick one in fear of hurting the others XD
Dec 1, 2013 6:21 AM
Apr 2010
Oh my god! I'm excited! I was so hoping for it but never expected but now, omg, great news~!
Dec 1, 2013 6:32 AM
Apr 2013
Oh, I'm so happy! I love UtaPri! ^^
Dec 1, 2013 6:35 AM

Oct 2011
Wow. Another season for the boys, congrats xD
Dec 1, 2013 6:36 AM

Jun 2011
S3? Wow.
Haya_Yandere said:
melina_putri said:
Haya_Yandere said:

And I wonder why people seem to hate heroines from otome game adaptions, because they are surrounded with all these hot guys, play with their emotions and in the end can't pick one in fear of hurting the others XD

Nope, main reason is because those damn girls don't really have a personality. Their only role is to make the guys hotter or sexier or more romantic. A harem ecchi lead who's a pussy is much better. /serious
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Dec 1, 2013 6:36 AM

Apr 2013
Another season of Utapri? Why not~
Dec 1, 2013 6:38 AM

Dec 2007
ToG25thBaam said:
S3? Wow.
Haya_Yandere said:
melina_putri said:
Haya_Yandere said:

Nope, main reason is because those damn girls don't really have a personality. Their only role is to make the guys hotter or sexier or more romantic. A harem ecchi lead who's a pussy is much better. /serious

The problem is THEY DO HAVE PERSONALITIES I do not know why anime adaptations have to dumb them down.
Dec 1, 2013 6:47 AM

Jan 2012
what, are you serious? :D
can't wait to watch >.<
Dec 1, 2013 6:53 AM
Dec 2010
ToG25thBaam said:
S3? Wow.
Haya_Yandere said:
melina_putri said:
Haya_Yandere said:

I think their personalities are deliberately bland to make it easier for the female viewers to project their personality onto them. It's frustrating for me, though, if that's the case, because I prefer to ship the characters together rather than put myself in the picture.

Heck, I'd say the boys together make for more interesting pairings, the girls are that boring -_-
Dec 1, 2013 7:05 AM

Jun 2008
This show is so cheesy and funny at the same time XD Can't wait!
Dec 1, 2013 7:10 AM

May 2013
YYYAAAASSSSSS.
I can't wait. Bring on the beautiful boys!
“Victor can’t be satisfied by anyone but me.”

Dec 1, 2013 7:13 AM

Sep 2010
Sucks I have to wait almost 2 years. -__-
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Dec 1, 2013 7:18 AM

Mar 2013
Can't wait. But I just don't get the fact that it takes about 2 years to make a season that is probably going to have only thirteen episodes anyway. Well if it's good then I guess it doesn't matter.
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Dec 1, 2013 7:19 AM

May 2007
I really wish season 2 was less dull.

The more season they make the less willing I am to believe that Haruka won't choose someone too.
My anime list
Dec 1, 2013 7:19 AM

Jun 2012
Good news! However, the wait is too long. How can I wait until 2015!?
N☆ 

Dec 1, 2013 7:30 AM

Apr 2008
YES EXCELLENT \o/
I'd say this show is a guilty pleasure of mine except that I really don't feel guilty about enjoying it~
Dec 1, 2013 7:41 AM

Aug 2011
/cries

I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS. And patiently too.

Definitely looking forward to it. Although... 2015. Ah, well.

mistress_kisara said:
ToG25thBaam said:
S3? Wow.
Haya_Yandere said:
melina_putri said:
Haya_Yandere said:

The problem is THEY DO HAVE PERSONALITIES I do not know why anime adaptations have to dumb them down.

I agree with this. In the games, they actually have personalities, but they suddenly turn into door mats the minute it turns into an anime. UtaPri is the one exception because Haruka's personality actually shows.
Dec 1, 2013 7:41 AM

Sep 2012
Is there any conclusive romance in this series?
Dec 1, 2013 7:43 AM

Aug 2011
Red_Keys said:

Nope not as of yet. It seems like they lean towards Tokiya or Ittoki as far as I can see, though.
Dec 1, 2013 7:46 AM
Feb 2013
Yeah
Dec 1, 2013 7:50 AM

Sep 2012
Laciie said:
Red_Keys said:

Nope not as of yet. It seems like they lean towards Tokiya or Ittoki as far as I can see, though.
Well, that's kind of disappointing.

Is the comedy good? I think I might just watch this for the music (which I heard is great).
Dec 1, 2013 7:50 AM
Nov 2013
OMG! I´m so happy there will be 3rd season :)

Even though we have to wait until 2015, we are waiting.
Dec 1, 2013 7:59 AM

May 2010
YES YES YES!

Best reverse harem series :D One of not many I actually enjoy.

It also means moar Heavens, Midorikawa-san and Ono-san, yay~!
I knew that would happen eventually, but was hoping for 2014... Oh well.

So far we have 14 bishies within the three harems, wonder if we will get even more, lol.
Dec 1, 2013 8:01 AM
Jul 2018
mistress_kisara said:

I second this. I have played some otome games, and just like any other visual novel, otome game heroines are supposed to be an avatar of the player.

Lulu (Wand of Fortune), Emily (Eikoku Tantei Mysteria) and Haru (Hanayaka Nari, Waga Ichizoku) are examples of well–written otome game heroines who stand up for themselves. Well, in the case of Haru, she's a maid, and because of the nature of her job she had to silently endure offense from some of the Miyanomori brothers. But I like the way she deals with it and the way she earns their respect as the game progresses.
Dec 1, 2013 9:00 AM

Aug 2011
Red_Keys said:
Laciie said:
Red_Keys said:

Well, that's kind of disappointing.

Is the comedy good? I think I might just watch this for the music (which I heard is great).

The comedy is honestly really stupid but that's what makes it hilarious. They don't pull any smart puns or intelligently written jokes, all the characters are such dorks and that's what makes it funny. That's the best way I can describe it, silly humour. And yes, the music is pretty catchy, and imho, great.

Haya_Yandere said:
mistress_kisara said:

I second this. I have played some otome games, and just like any other visual novel, otome game heroines are supposed to be an avatar of the player.

Lulu (Wand of Fortune), Emily (Eikoku Tantei Mysteria) and Haru (Hanayaka Nari, Waga Ichizoku) are examples of well–written otome game heroines who stand up for themselves. Well, in the case of Haru, she's a maid, and because of the nature of her job she had to silently endure offense from some of the Miyanomori brothers. But I like the way she deals with it and the way she earns their respect as the game progresses.

Alice from the Wonderland series is also great. I've always loved Quin Rose heroines though, they're absolutely wonderful.
LaciieDec 1, 2013 9:04 AM
Dec 1, 2013 9:07 AM
Jan 2013
YAYYYYY!!!!! I'm so happy!
Dec 1, 2013 9:29 AM

Nov 2011
>2015
LOL.

Might watch this but not something I'll be super hyped about.
Dec 1, 2013 9:33 AM
Jul 2018
Laciie said:
Alice from the Wonderland series is also great. I've always loved Quin Rose heroines though, they're absolutely wonderful.

I'm planning to start the Alice series at some point. The only Quinrose that I played is Romeo vs Juliet (only finished Romeo's route). A charming game, though a bit long and wordy. It could be that my vocab is not very expansive, but I had to look up so many words while playing it.
removed-userDec 1, 2013 9:36 AM
Dec 1, 2013 9:37 AM

Jan 2011
Based A-1 pictures.
[center]
Dec 1, 2013 9:41 AM

Apr 2007
It was obvious they would announce another season, but why so far away....
Dec 1, 2013 9:45 AM
Aug 2011
Hooray more extreme second-hand embarrassment incoming.
Every season is more fabulous and sparkly than the next, hopefully i'll be ready for this.

I can already picture the OP dance sequence and it's going to be marvelous, marvelous I tell you!
Dec 1, 2013 9:54 AM

Feb 2013
I'm looking forward to this, but, 2015, really? That's a while off. I thought it'd happen sooner.
Dec 1, 2013 10:10 AM

Sep 2012
YES! More singing bishies!
Dec 1, 2013 10:15 AM

Aug 2013
so early -_- 2 years of waiting ?! but Ura no price-sama is always welcome <3

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Dec 1, 2013 10:25 AM

Jul 2013
the 1st season came out in 2011 and the 2nd season released in 2013. so it makes sense for the 3rd season to come out in 2015

i thought this show was pretty bad but not gonna lie, the music for the last season was really catchy
Dec 1, 2013 10:32 AM
May 2007
Some tweeted Fall 2015.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by dimidrum »»
8 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Today

4 by Memore »»
10 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 11 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
11 hours ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Today

1 by RobertBobert »»
12 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
Today, 11:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.