Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: Second Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 1, 2013 3:00 AM

Dec 2013
such an awesome episode...already anticipating for episode 23.

senjougahara asking kaiki for money for her flight home. she probably did that out of spite haha

i love nadeko's yandere side. soooo cute.

...and kaiki, don't look down on lolicons LOL!
Dec 1, 2013 3:34 AM

Jun 2011
"I never lie" - Kaiki Deishuu

Nadeko-chan ;_; It hurts to see you so crazy T-T

I nearly hated Kaiki during Karen Bee, but I'm starting to warm up to him thanks to the epic dialogue and soliloquies :) I really enjoyed his chat with Nadeko
Dec 1, 2013 3:47 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Absolutely loving this arc. The Senshougahara and Kaiki exchanges are a delight. Kaiki some much needed cynicism, intuition and and adults perspective on things. He manages to "get" what Nadeko is all about in a very short period.

This show/story advances the Senjougahara/Araragi love story so much off screen that It makes me just a tad mad (could we ever get another episode 12 please?). So not only do we know they might spend the night together, but they're actually at the stage when their parents already know each other? That's pretty big, specially in Japan.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 1, 2013 3:50 AM

Sep 2009
alexpte said:
I'm also starting to like Kaiki more as a character, though he said in the beginning of the arc that his storytelling may be lies.

Though I'm curious about this scene: http://imgur.com/a/Sdx8k

My bet on Suruga's mother too. But I doubt she was his lover. Probably it was just unrequired love.
Dec 1, 2013 5:12 AM

Apr 2013
Kaiki is such a magnificent bastard.

Nadeko is one crazy girl.

I want the next episode right now.
an egomaniac and a fool

Dec 1, 2013 5:40 AM

Nov 2012
Kaiki: "I have never told a lie"

I lol'ed.

Anyway, really loving it that Kaiki is back. Strange that Nadeko's parents wouldn't even open her closet even though she's missing.

Also SO SO SO glad to see and hear Senjougahara more frequently now, good arc to do last.

Dec 1, 2013 6:00 AM

Aug 2009
Honestly, I didn't enjoy the series as much whenever it wasn't in Araragi's perspective (Hanekawa arc and Nadeko arc). But for some reason, I'm really enjoying this arc with Kaiki's perspective! Maybe this means I enjoy it more on a guy's perspective, or maybe Kaiki is just that exceptional as a character.
Dec 1, 2013 6:27 AM

Sep 2007
Kaiki is pretty awesome so far.

I want to know what's in that closet! I've been wanting to know since Nisemonogatari!

I don't mind not having a new OP because it means more time for the story and dialogue.

Best arc so far.

Dec 1, 2013 6:53 AM

Aug 2008
lol, is that top secret closed gonna be an important plot point? Interesting.
Dec 1, 2013 7:08 AM

Aug 2012
Kaiku being awesome as usual.

That Sengoku is just so kawaii. I almost forgot that she's the villain this time.
Dec 1, 2013 7:12 AM
Feb 2013
Looks like the Kaiki and nadeko chitchat is doing fine.
Dec 1, 2013 7:15 AM

Nov 2011
Kaiki, you gotta break into that closet!

It was an awesome episode.

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
Dec 1, 2013 8:08 AM

Apr 2010
To be entirely honest this episode was nice till the point Nadeko appeared she was really annoying for the most part i was thinking she needs a good slap or something like that.
And she got more annoying as the episode moved on.

Kaiki is ok a guess i don't dislike him but i can't say i like him either, he does make things interesting in a way.
And his behaviour does indeed follow the pattern of a good scam artist he is sharp pays good attention and is a good judge of personality in people.
Despite his uncaring personality he gives of.
Dec 1, 2013 8:57 AM

May 2009
Am I the only one who likes Nadeko the way she is now, compared to before? She seems more at peace with herself, even if she's a twisted goddess with murderous intent.

And Kaiki is turning out to be more interesting than I took him for during Nise, though even he admits he still can't be trusted.

I too now wonder what Nadeko keeps hidden inside her closet. Something tells me it's gonna be something important.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 1, 2013 9:06 AM

Nov 2010
Seeing Kaiki in action was marvelous
The continuation of Senjougahara's conversation with Kaiki was full of thoughtful comments
Asking money for the return ticket was hilarious

I didn't expect a cheerful Nadeko at the shrine
Kaiki's mind to asses things and starting a chat were interesting
Dec 1, 2013 9:17 AM

Aug 2010
Another great episode. It's hard to not like Kaiki no matter how many bad things he's done. Easily the best character in the series.

I'm guessing his lover died in an accident. Looking forward to the rest of this arc.

5/5
Dec 1, 2013 9:36 AM

Jun 2010
Kaiki is so bad ass.

Lol at Nadeko going full commando.
Dec 1, 2013 10:30 AM

Sep 2013
Kaiki may be the most honest character in Monogatari! At least he admits he's a big fat liar...
All the other characters are filled with inner conflicts and false appearances, intentional or not. Of course that's what makes this series so darn good!

Is Kaiki a "bad goodguy" or a "good badguy"? Is there a difference?

Outrageous Prediction: (note: I haven't read the novels, so it's just a wild guess)

Chance of being correct = 0.01%
Dec 1, 2013 11:27 AM
Oct 2010
AO968 said:
Am I the only one who likes Nadeko the way she is now, compared to before? She seems more at peace with herself, even if she's a twisted goddess with murderous intent.

She's really not at peace with herself, she has just lost her mind. She is taking insults as compliments and compliments as insults at this point, not to mention she's gone from being shy and quiet to overbearing and talkative. Going from one extreme to the next isn't being at peace with yourself, it's more like further losing yourself.

Kaiki picked up on this when he told her that she freaked people out and her hair was scary, yet she took it as a compliment. So much so he actually started feeling sorry for her, which seems like an alien concept for someone like him.
Dec 1, 2013 11:40 AM

Aug 2013
This bow is being too much, the monologues of Kaiki, and the appearances of Senjougahara and Nadeko were hilarious .. but hopefully Nadeko back to what it was, after all is the most kawaii of the serie.

As they say in Brazil, Kaiki is vida loka (crazy life)
kkkk
Dec 1, 2013 1:01 PM

Jul 2010
Kaiki's OST was fucking gold as always.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cJ9733hjV8

jpem said:
Kaiki is really growing on me.

^ And this.
Dec 1, 2013 1:12 PM

Aug 2012
AO968 said:

You're not alone, but I disagree that she's at peace. She's freaking insane!
Dec 1, 2013 2:57 PM

Oct 2012
''I've never told a lie''

Never change Kaiki. I never expected Nadeko to act like that. It was just as Kaiki said and she felt more threatening and creepy.
Dec 1, 2013 5:16 PM

Jul 2012
5Cats said:
Outrageous Prediction: (note: I haven't read the novels, so it's just a wild guess)

Chance of being correct = 0.01%

actually it's 0%, just like Senjougahara said in this episode, solving this just by talk is impossible
Dec 1, 2013 6:30 PM

Dec 2008
Do snake-girl's parents really want to find her? I can't believe they haven't even opened up her closet to see if there are any clues. Something tells me that they're secretly happy that she's gone.

Now I REALLY want to know what's in that closet!

Sent with Mal Updater
Dec 1, 2013 6:43 PM

Aug 2012
Damn, Nadeko's new personality is creepy... And i'm starting to like Kaiki more than when i did in Nisemonogatari.
MrAwesome2018Dec 1, 2013 7:08 PM
Dec 1, 2013 6:48 PM

Jun 2007
As Kaiki says in his monologue, he never 'lost' his love because it never existed. He held feelings for her, they were not returned (and quite likely she never knew). I think the guesses that he was in love with Kanbaru's mother are spot-on (as an anime only follower).

As for Nadeko, I don't expect her to return to being human. I'm guessing she remains a god at her little shrine, the question is simply how do things move forward without her killing everyone.
Dec 1, 2013 7:05 PM
Dec 2010
I wouldn't think the closet was all that significant, I'm still curious about the epic school scene since she was talking third person though that could of just been to stage her entrance into delusions. Still I was really impressed with Kana's voice acting for it re-watched it like 6 times couldn't believe it was the same voice actress definitely best voice actress this series.

In regards to the parents well it's pretty clear that they were forcing the cutsy act on Sengoku naturally she'd feel resentment at being called 'cute' then since it's being forced on her and she was therefore happy when Kaiki said that she was scary and creepy. I doubt she'd take every insult as a compliment but dunno since she's got a low self esteem could feel glad about being put down. They, probably haven't opened it since the school incident would of reached there ears and they cant believe daughter would say such things.

I just really hope we don't get a Hachikuji Mayoi ending.
Dec 1, 2013 10:16 PM

Dec 2011
Kaiki is just incredible. While watching, you can feel the despair, even so, still entertained from the dialogue.

And the usual sick Nadeko ~_~
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 1, 2013 10:39 PM

Apr 2012
'Whale sharks! Kyaaaaaah!!!!!'

"I'm your first believer, after all." - Kaiki... I just can't help but love his character.
"Rejoice! We are humans— we are the most talented people! Precisely because we were born without any ability— we can achieve anything— this is the will of the weakest race!" – Sora, ‘No game No life Vol.01’
Dec 1, 2013 11:27 PM
Jan 2011
How nice looks like a Kaiki X Nadeko arc is brewing!!!!!
Dec 1, 2013 11:50 PM

Jan 2009
Nadeko is already crazy
Dec 2, 2013 1:52 AM

Nov 2012
really awesome episode...
really like kaiki new hairstyle lol..
btw just realize this but.. DAMN! senjougahara is really cute! XD I started to like her now :3
and.. finally that scene when nadeko said araragi like when she wearing swimsuit -_- really a scene! XD
grr.. we are getting close with the end of this season everyone! XD
Dec 2, 2013 4:03 AM

Sep 2012
I marathoned the first 30 episodes of Bake, Nise and Neko Kuro before this season, all on Bluray and can't wait to add this season to that for the next marathon before Final Season! Reminds me I have to marathon Madoka before this weekend...
Dec 2, 2013 4:49 AM

Nov 2008
RediceRyan said:
Another fantastic episode.
dbaranyi said:
If only the first 20 episodes had been this good...

You say that because you relate to Kaiki you both being old cynics and all.

Good call... <LOL>
Dec 2, 2013 5:09 AM

Aug 2012
One of the best episodes without a doubt. Kaiki and Nadeko are just perfect :c
Dec 2, 2013 6:46 AM
Jul 2018
"The fake is more real than the real thing"

That statement strike me hard! And Kaiki still not cease to amaze me. While the conversation in Monogatari is its strength, actually the one that has "value" in it is from Kaki, others are just nonsense most of the time lol!

Can't wait to see how he trick this insane snake girl! Hope to get her back in the harem ;_;
Dec 2, 2013 7:27 AM

Aug 2011
Will it be Kaiki x Nadeko? Ho ho.. Nice and sleazy..
Chong The Nomad sang:
Even if you're lost, you can't~ Lose the love because that's in your heart~ Hooo oo ooo ooo oo~

My DeviantArt
To keep your drawing sanity, click here.
Dec 2, 2013 9:35 AM

Jun 2009
Nadeko!!!

Hhhhhnnnnnngggggg!!!!

Why is she so cute.

My favorite Nadeko and my favorite "villain" Kaiki chatting together... This is awesome!
Dec 2, 2013 12:20 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Kaiki is an interesting dude. Sengoku is more interesting too, now, that she's a freak.

Dec 2, 2013 1:29 PM

Aug 2013
MrAwesome2011 said:
Damn, Nadeko's new personality is creepy... And i'm starting to like Kaiki more than when i did in Nisemonogatari.

My thoughts exactly.

As much as I loved Senjougahara's old hairstyle, she looked pretty cute.
Dec 2, 2013 2:55 PM

Sep 2011
"Ichi man yen! Ichi man yen!" my heart...

This arc turns out to be great, and I've never ever heard someone say "I'm gonna kill them" in such a cute way like in this episode.
Dec 2, 2013 2:55 PM

Apr 2013
Its good to see our detective Kaiki at work ^_^
Dec 2, 2013 5:13 PM

Aug 2011
Tazu said:
Senjougahara's old hairstyle (not same pic). Isn't she beautiful and attractive?
Chong The Nomad sang:
Even if you're lost, you can't~ Lose the love because that's in your heart~ Hooo oo ooo ooo oo~

My DeviantArt
To keep your drawing sanity, click here.
Dec 2, 2013 10:20 PM
Oct 2013
KingIkki said:
Tazu said:
Senjougahara's old hairstyle (not same pic). Isn't she beautiful and attractive?

old-prettier
new-cuter

On topic, another epic episode courtesy of Kaiki. This guy isn't as dark and shadowy as he used to be in Nise. Nice hairdo. Funny monologues. Fantastic dialogues. Character-wise, he is more interesting than the rest of the male characters in the whole series.
Dec 2, 2013 10:46 PM

Oct 2013
Kaiki's monologues never cease to amuse me.
Dec 3, 2013 1:17 AM

Mar 2013
Kaiki look very interested to Hanekawa
Dec 3, 2013 9:42 AM

Sep 2012
The one door problem is much more difficult to solve than the two door problem...
Dec 3, 2013 9:49 PM

Jan 2011
i thought that Kaiki was a pathetic an boring antagonist back in Nise, surprisingly im kinda looking forward to next episode only to find out what hes gonna do next
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2013

101 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 16, 7:01 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Dec 28, 2013

723 by Yubisoft »»
Apr 16, 2:04 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

245 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 12, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

204 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 11, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

222 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 11, 3:24 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.