Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita. Episode 9 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 30, 2013 1:13 PM

Mar 2013
Thoulin said:
bastek66 said:
Best episode so far.
Nice foreshadowing, especially bandits-heroes http://i.imgur.com/KlkPTUF.jpg

nice catch sir O_o

very nice catch
Nov 30, 2013 3:25 PM

Apr 2012
Prepare to have the whole "I love you more than my will to become a hero" cliche forced on you in the next few episodes...
Nov 30, 2013 6:31 PM

Aug 2013
Ahhhhhh! A De-to! wow! Fino's shining cuteness was epic, those look on her face made me fall for her, wohooo! I want to see more of this...

Hey hey hey, what's with that ending? She was assaulted!!! And I don't want her to be the next Demon Lord! never!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Overall rating, she's damn cute! hahaha
Nov 30, 2013 8:47 PM

Jan 2008
Matcross said:
Thoulin said:
bastek66 said:
Best episode so far.

nice catch sir O_o

OMG! those bastards!!

^This.
Not a very heroic thing to do, attacking a pretty defenseless girl and all (since her demon powers haven't manifested yet). In a world of supposed peace, why not make it a into something socially acceptable if they want to be "heroes" so badly?
Here's an idea: If they wanted glory, they could have founded a company to host a tournament for heroes to become champions, similar to gladiators or boss fights of RPGs. They wouldn't even need a real "demon lord" and can have it as a symbolic thing, like the sculpted head on a golden trophy or something. If they wanted justice, then they could of joined a security agency or other law enforcement.

With their current line of thinking, an analogy would be like a person who couldn't be promoted form a police officer to detective, so they give a gun to woman off the street they see that just had a break up. An unstable person with a deadly weapon, possibly seeking revenge? Chance of murder rises, and officer will be there to apprehend them when it does, and thus be promoted, when they themselves are the root of evil. F*** those guys. Hope they become bums or die.
Estoy_GordoNov 30, 2013 8:51 PM
Nov 30, 2013 11:35 PM

Oct 2013
was a good episode, liked it, looking forward for the next episode
Nov 30, 2013 11:48 PM

Jun 2012
Wow, I'm surprised this was actually decent... first episode I can say that I mostly enjoyed. Somehow that ending makes me disappointed though. I guess I was hoping they'd be people trying to kill her... because I really don't like the idea of her becoming the demon lord.
bastek66 said:
Best episode so far.
That makes things a bit more interesting though, that really is a nice find.
Dec 1, 2013 12:35 AM

Jul 2013
O-Divine-Demon said:
Prepare to have the whole "I love you more than my will to become a hero" cliche forced on you in the next few episodes...

I don't see how it'll be "forced". Raul is a sensible guy to begin with.. forget the blossoming romance, the logical choice would be to not let the naive and innocent Fino goes down the path of her father. Anyone with good intention would've done that let alone a very close friend like Raul.

Cliche? more like the norm.. it's something that's supposed to be done by anyone with common sense.
Dec 1, 2013 3:10 AM
Mar 2013
In the earlier episode, after the CEO of Amada gave some harsh word to the manager of the new store opened near Raul's, he had a short talk with a certain unnamed person, who referred Fino as "Fino-sama." He seemed to come from Fino's country. It's obvious that not only human heroes but also some demons on the counterpart relation are in need of war. But Amada is not a munitions company. They are making a lot of money in the mass consumption society that came from the end of the war. I don't know what kind of deal they two made but I'm looking forward to see how the story develops.
Dec 1, 2013 3:36 AM

Aug 2012
Easily the best episode so far. It has romance, funny scenes, a serious plot regarding the future of the heroes and demons, and even Fino's thought about how everyone is connected that made Raul realized something, all those stuffs were really pretty good and interesting.

Those two make the best couple with their unique backgrounds. Totally loved their interactions throughout the episode, it seems Fino is one step closer towards understanding her true feelings for Raul.

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Dec 1, 2013 4:42 AM

Nov 2013
Aversa said:
Something tells me that the ones who attacked Fino where Raul's friends but we will have to wait to find out.
The episode itself was pretty peaceful with them going to the market and all, still wondering what's happening around them.
Seeing as some would like Fino to return as demon lord.

totally bad that heroes are like this :(
Dec 1, 2013 7:45 AM

Dec 2011
Demon lord defeated, and lots of stray heroes around with nothing to do... So they want a new demon lord to give themselves a purpose...

There's something seriously wrong with that.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Dec 1, 2013 11:11 AM

Mar 2012
Another great ep
Dec 1, 2013 11:39 AM

Jun 2013
Just get married already! Just get married already!! Just get married already!!!

Protect your woman, Raul!
Dec 1, 2013 1:33 PM

Jan 2013
Best episode yet. Really liked the date, and the good OST.
Dec 1, 2013 9:28 PM

Apr 2011
Matcross said:
Thoulin said:
bastek66 said:
Best episode so far.

nice catch sir O_o

OMG! those bastards!!
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Dec 2, 2013 12:28 AM
Sep 2013
I was giggling this whole episode hehehehe. Please God let this show end with a kiss
Dec 2, 2013 2:26 AM

Mar 2013
This was the best episode so far.
Choroshi said:
Easily the best episode so far. It has romance, funny scenes, a serious plot regarding the future of the heroes and demons, and even Fino's thought about how everyone is connected that made Raul realized something, all those stuffs were really pretty good and interesting.

Those two make the best couple with their unique backgrounds. Totally loved their interactions throughout the episode, it seems Fino is one step closer towards understanding her true feelings for Raul.

Agree 100%

Loved how this episode was all Raul and Fino.
Dec 2, 2013 6:08 AM

Mar 2012
I've been watching this anime for the humor and randomness of the show, until this eps. This episode took it beyond that and finally gave you insight on these two characters that it should have from the start. I love that they are giving fino more of a chance to discuss her past and hopefully it continues in the next eps. (which I'm sure it will). Probably by far one of my fav. eps.
"People die if they get killed" who knew.
Dec 2, 2013 8:04 AM

May 2013
Since the show started I thought it was a bit odd that the show depicted somewhat old technology as magic (instead o trying to depict standard magic items as utilitarian equipment). Now I realize that the feeling I get is somewhat of the 50s, the decade following the end of the WWII with a booming economy. Back then no doubt there must have been people that joined the army dreaming about getting the big medals (but that never had to endure the carnage of real war therefore never went into actual duty) and probably also wished that the war would start again. Maybe it is just coincidence, maybe someone that has read the light novels can confirm if down the line another minor conflict with a long duration (the korean war) erupts later on and Raul has the option of becoming a hero or continue his humble and pacific life as a salesman.
Dec 3, 2013 11:56 AM

Dec 2011
I'm pretty sure, the offenders're MC's friends from 1/2/3 episode.
Dec 4, 2013 4:04 PM

Aug 2013
Raul, just fuck Fino already jesús christ
Dec 5, 2013 11:07 AM

Mar 2011
Wow, that Fino's speech in the first half...
This was the best episode out, IMO.
Dec 5, 2013 10:50 PM

Jul 2013
I'm sure Raul will beat the shit out of those "heroes"....well considering hes not a pussy when it comes to fighting just like he is around girls.
Dec 5, 2013 11:30 PM

Apr 2012
Fino is just way too cute. I never get tired of her antics, which is rare for me.

As for Raul's friends attacking Fino, they did say that they wouldn't get jobs, so it's only natural that they would eventually snap.
"Rejoice! We are humans— we are the most talented people! Precisely because we were born without any ability— we can achieve anything— this is the will of the weakest race!" – Sora, ‘No game No life Vol.01’
Dec 6, 2013 12:13 AM

Nov 2008
Mauroki said:
Raul needs to protect that smile. And if Fino doesn't get a Fino a happy ending we riot. *cocks shotgun*

Though the parent series is still on going
Dec 13, 2013 7:59 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

The thought of until he surprised even me, despite having a naive background, it is admirable to see the work in those terms, maybe they were all honest! The plot breaks away from the usual routine, these beautiful moments of everyday life outside the workplace the two main characters grow up, but I hope they do not leave behind the rest of the cast! ^ ^ "
The narrative is too much fun thanks to Fino and his jokes. By Raul, enough with the excuses useless, you know better than anyone that you have eyes only for her! XD
Drawings always despicable, unfortunately!
I would like to try more Elza jealousy, man! D:

Maybe he did Nova! LOL
terrablu2003Dec 13, 2013 8:02 AM
Dec 16, 2013 3:22 PM

Sep 2012
im so upset that Lore didnt get any fan service,

all we get is her fixing the air conditioner and a slight peak at her sweating threw her bra, I NEEEDS MOOOAAAR
Dec 21, 2013 7:18 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Aversa said:
Something tells me that the ones who attacked Fino where Raul's friends but we will have to wait to find out.
The episode itself was pretty peaceful with them going to the market and all, still wondering what's happening around them.
Seeing as some would like Fino to return as demon lord.

Well I don't think Raul friends are that low to send a message to Raul by assaulting Fino. That mysterious guy at the store makes me think like he has part in Fino getting attacked.

As for the rest of the episode. Nova-chan look even cuter in casual clothes, same with Ms.Manager. I wonder how much Fina actually spent in total lol

Dec 22, 2013 5:52 PM
Feb 2009
they should just kiss already lol..
Dec 30, 2013 8:01 AM

Sep 2011
My heart on this episode... HNNG-.

Jan 2, 2014 9:20 PM

Aug 2013
So much lovey dovey moments.. Fino is just too adorable.
Raul should shape up a bit and go for it.. lol.
Mar 19, 2014 8:32 AM
May 2012
Ohhh, my Fino <3
Fino and Raul looks really cute together, so what are you waiting for Raul!!!!!!
Raul has them other girls too who likes him, kinda hard to choose huh.
Fino is so adorable!!!! This episode was sweet and heartwarming, that Fino speech too.
I gotta agree with you guys here; I think it's Raul's friends too who attacked Fino :/
Jun 2, 2014 10:35 AM

Apr 2012
plot is coming
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Jun 9, 2014 2:41 AM

Sep 2012
rebelakuma said:
Lots of lovey dovey moments..

This
Jul 24, 2014 3:19 PM

May 2012
Fino is just so damn adorable :3 Really cute episode it sure had a very lovely and relaxing atmosphere! And well I do wonder what will happen next, that ending was a bit sad though :/
Oct 15, 2014 5:54 PM

Jun 2013
Awwww, why must you be so adorable fino chan?! :)
Nov 25, 2014 5:18 AM

Jul 2009
I loled at the Apple reference and the i-Sword. Though in this series they went out of business xD
Mar 25, 2015 7:41 PM

May 2014
Great Episode. I wonder what's going to happen now?
Is he going to follow along that plan or is he going to fight to protect the way things are now? The answer is quite obvious but he might hesitate.
May 12, 2015 9:19 PM

Feb 2013
Whether they noticed or not they were totally on a date. Also in this episode it looks like Fino and Raul might have noticed that they have feelings for each other. There was a lot of blushing.

Fino wa absolutely beautiful in that dress. Stunning!

So some people want her to become the Demon Lord. Only for them to benefit. I wonder if those two people who attacked her were those two guys Raul is friends with we saw a while back. I wonder how the demon world/place is doing too. I also wonder if a plot will start to arise.
Jun 16, 2015 2:06 PM

Apr 2013
Nooooo don't bring the drama now! I want it to stay like it was for the first 8 episodes ._.
Feb 14, 2016 11:25 PM
Apr 2013
Pretty interesting episode.

IS THIS THE RAUL AND FINO SHIP SETTING SAIL? I THINK IT IS, AND IT LOOKS FUCKING BEAUTIFUL.

Glad to see Fino finally opening up, along with Raul. Makes it a lot more interesting with the romance hints. ;^) Hope they actually get together though.

Weird how Raul let her go on ahead, IN THE DARK. But, it added a good amount of suspense.

Good episode though, hope to see more development in the next few episodes.

9/10
Aug 6, 2016 11:33 PM

Sep 2013
Fino and Raul are getting closer...I hope the whole demon lord thing doesn't get in the way of their good ending.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
May 22, 2018 11:12 AM

Jan 2018
Ahhh, I remember getting my first paycheck. It really was a great feeling.
The personalities ironically doesn't fit their class. Cheerful Demon and Gloomy Hero? Hahaha

Never knew Raul was a famous actor. Display his Oscar on his dresser for the world to see.

Even the pouty face Fino makes is adorable.

This outfit she's wearing makes her more adorable than ever!

Yet another heartwarming episode with very little fanservice. Not bad.
Let's hope Fino doesn't become the next Demon Lord.

Mar 15, 2021 6:06 AM

Oct 2020
Man their date was super cute and wholesome

And always my god Fino is super cute as always
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Any more fanservice anime with mature guy?

ptm - Dec 30, 2023

4 by ChoiceVoltage »»
Jan 1, 11:59 PM

Poll: » Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2013

204 by bored_jake »»
Apr 10, 2023 5:01 PM

Poll: » Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2013

93 by menorex »»
Apr 2, 2023 7:41 AM

Poll: » Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita. Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2013

57 by S_15 »»
Mar 4, 2023 8:17 PM

» Romance?

S1rLancelot - Jul 21, 2022

2 by Chronigan »»
Jul 21, 2022 4:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.