Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 29, 2013 7:43 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Ah so another Iris Zero is revealed..

Looks like a transplant as well. Seems like something got connected. I can't wait to see how this all connects together.
Nov 29, 2013 8:28 AM

Sep 2011
Hmm seems the prez has been up to no good. I wonder if she will become a permanent character or disappear after this, I kinda like her. Now I think he might meet other Iris Zeros later on.... maybe even an arc about stealing Irises or something.
Nov 29, 2013 9:06 AM

Jan 2013
So the new character that took the stage a while ago looks pretty interesting. Her purpose in the story was pretty clear from the get-go, but it's good to see that she has a solid concept and a legit backstory.

I wonder what the previous president is planning...
Nov 29, 2013 9:21 AM

Jul 2013
That's pretty interesting how she used to be an Iris-Zero, I didn't think that kind of stuff would be possible, I really do wonder if taking someone's Iris is only limited to if you're related to the person by blood, that's the thought that's coming to my head at the moment, considering that she got the Iris from her twin. I guess we'll just have to see how they answer all the questions, and I also wonder what that president is planning on doing.
Nov 29, 2013 9:57 AM
Mar 2012
It is surprising to see even an ex-Iris Zero given the chances, but an interesting addition to the plot
Nov 29, 2013 10:03 AM

Mar 2013
Good chapter. My favorite part of this series has always been all the stuff about how the main character tries to separate himself from everyone else, and this chapter really focused on that aspect of him. Interesting to see another person who was an Iris Zero but managed to become normal.
Nov 29, 2013 1:58 PM
Oct 2013
This chapter looks like it'll be a setup for future plot points. not to mention the past arc about stealing/sealing irises. I wonder if that's going to be related to this part of the story. and I get the feeling he's gonna catch hell from the rest of the students for that "He's going out with me" line.

Before that though Toru might want to apologize to Koyuki, before the rest of their friends decide to cause him bodily harm.
yep. I Have no idea what I'm doing, but I enjoy my life all the more because of it.
Nov 30, 2013 3:00 AM

Feb 2012
I really like the new girl
Nov 30, 2013 3:52 AM

Jul 2010
I'm suprised to see she was an Iris Zero.It's a bit tragic past..
Nov 30, 2013 6:57 AM

Dec 2012
Looks like transplants are brought up. This is really interesting now. Also, wonder what is so important about that pendant.
Dec 1, 2013 6:35 AM

Aug 2012
Hmmm... I don't want this to be a harem but I can feel it now.

Even so, that transplant is very interesting. This could bring up more possibilities.
Dec 17, 2013 8:07 PM

Aug 2013
This manga just loves people butting into other people's business like that ex-council girl..
Oh well.. I like the new girl.. sad to see she'll most probably end up heartbroken in the end.
I just hope she has some sweet moments before that happens.
Dec 30, 2013 4:30 PM
Jul 2018
I like the new girl. Her past is also interesting.. hmm.
Jan 1, 2014 7:16 AM

Apr 2009
Hmm, I wonder why Asahi didn't see the little lie Koyuki just said about being fine. I must have forgotten something about how her lie-detector Iris works...

That's Toru all right. Still sharp as he should be - he noticed how Rei's kindness was different to Koyuki's indiscriminate kindness when she realized he was an Iris Zero. He's also still sticking fast to "Minimal Exposure".

Interestingly, it's possible to transplant Iris abilities from the eyes of someone else who has one. So, ex-Iris Zeroes do exist.

The fallout from that "I'm dating him" tactic could become severe, so Mr. Minimal Exposure needs to get this over with quickly, or face the consequences from the student body and the ire of his friends for causing grief again for Koyuki.
Jan 11, 2014 9:20 PM
Dec 2011
SayakaMagica said:
Hmm, I wonder why Asahi didn't see the little lie Koyuki just said about being fine. I must have forgotten something about how her lie-detector Iris works...

That's Toru all right. Still sharp as he should be - he noticed how Rei's kindness was different to Koyuki's indiscriminate kindness when she realized he was an Iris Zero. He's also still sticking fast to "Minimal Exposure".

Interestingly, it's possible to transplant Iris abilities from the eyes of someone else who has one. So, ex-Iris Zeroes do exist.

The fallout from that "I'm dating him" tactic could become severe, so Mr. Minimal Exposure needs to get this over with quickly, or face the consequences from the student body and the ire of his friends for causing grief again for Koyuki.

It can be many things really for that
1.It can be that we arent being showed what Asahi saw.(Similar to when Hijiri asked to Koyuki if he is qualified to save Tachibana. We did not see the result but from Koyuki's question it is obvious what the answer is)
2. The questions Asahi asked isn't specific enough. "Are you fine?" can be interpreted many ways afterall, and the one who being questioned might choose one that Asahi didn't meant to ask.
3. If the questioned believe he or she is fine even if they were obviously not, that possibly can be considered as truth. Knowing Koyuki's personality she probably behaved just like that, so, technically she was not telling a lie.

Well, Tooru is Tooru. Too bad other iris users treated him badly...

That strengthened the theory of Iris powers are from eyes instead of brain perception. and that also brings a new questions, are there any other similar case of successful transplant, or any shady organization to try and forcibly extract the eyes of iris users for their irises

Hope she didnt screw his life with that statement...
Sep 2, 2014 10:53 AM

Feb 2014
The trabslator made a mistake in using you're instead of your in page 13. lol.
Apr 11, 2015 8:26 AM

Oct 2013

0.003% ..... yeah seems legit....
Life is a song - sing it.
Life is a game - play it.
Life is a challenge - meet it.
Life is a dream - realize it.
Life is a sacrifice - offer it.
Life is love - enjoy it.

More topics from this board

» Please some update

Hizu_ - Oct 27, 2020

30 by mochiicrdm »»
Mar 20, 12:30 AM

Poll: » Iris Zero Chapter 44 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2019

9 by Sam_Mrtz »»
Mar 18, 2:01 AM

» Iris Zero hiatus? ( 1 2 )

Rinji- - May 9, 2011

72 by TheInspectionist »»
Jun 23, 2023 9:22 AM

Poll: » Iris Zero Chapter 1 Discussion

konata87 - Nov 23, 2010

14 by Finn086 »»
Jun 11, 2022 9:43 AM

» Do you think that Iris Zero can be animated?

BGBenny - Dec 1, 2013

6 by Ayako_Rose »»
Apr 21, 2022 12:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.