Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 28, 2013 6:58 PM

Jul 2011
Wow, they are skimming everything. :/

I can't believe they pulled off some power-rangers thing... Why didn't they just do that from the start and establish that setting?? >___<
Actually, even worse than power rangers b/c they are rushing this like mad.

Though about the only thing that really irks me is the animation drop.

On another note, King Torture is really keen on taking down Flamenco. Also, why would Goto's GF mention Masayoshi now? Weird timing.

What a troll series.
Nov 28, 2013 7:10 PM

May 2010
If only Delta Horse manage to kill one of the flamenco girls .... 神作!
Nov 28, 2013 7:16 PM

Aug 2009
LOL at people complaing and raging

Me? I'll continue watching this because this change of events interests me.
Nov 28, 2013 7:21 PM

Oct 2007
JizzyHitler said:
at the very least, the fact that this seems to realize how utterly retarded this is softens the blow about how poorly handled everything was

Still RIP best show of the season, kyouso giga has that title now

I really wish people would stop beaking off about Kyouso Giga already. Need to stop cramming it down peoples throats at every opportunity and how it's the best thing ever, it's getting pretty bloody obnoxious. Leave that show to it's own thread and stop jerking off about it in other series threads now people.

That said this show really could have stood to have some foreshadowing for this turn of events if it wanted to go this route. Also a stronger followup episode could have helped instead of the time skip and rather dull chain of events the only of which really felt relevant for future developments being Masayoshi suddenly turning into a bit of a fame whore at the end. Even still my enthusiasm for this show has really dropped off.
Nov 28, 2013 7:22 PM

Apr 2013
I don't dislike where the show is going, but the transition was awful.
Nov 28, 2013 7:37 PM
Aug 2011
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Need to stop cramming it down peoples throats at every opportunity and how it's the best thing ever, it's getting pretty bloody obnoxious.

You of all people telling others to stop cramming their tastes down peoples throats at every opportunity and then proceeding to call them obnoxious for doing so.

I laughed, oh god I laughed.

This is too golden.
Nov 28, 2013 8:19 PM

Sep 2011
shanimebib said:
This anime suddenly became the worst ongoing show?
No, no matter how bad this got its not blazblue alter memory

Kaioshin_Sama said:
JizzyHitler said:
at the very least, the fact that this seems to realize how utterly retarded this is softens the blow about how poorly handled everything was

Still RIP best show of the season, kyouso giga has that title now

I really wish people would stop beaking off about Kyouso Giga already. Need to stop cramming it down peoples throats at every opportunity and how it's the best thing ever, it's getting pretty bloody obnoxious. Leave that show to it's own thread and stop jerking off about it in other series threads now people.
How is saying samurai flamenco went to shit and lost to kyouso giga shoving it down people's throats, that wasnt even the focus of the statement, the focus was how awful the writing has been these past 2 episodes
JizzyHitlerNov 28, 2013 8:24 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 28, 2013 8:46 PM

Dec 2012
This was pretty boring and I skimped through it. I'm not dropping it yet because it doesn't makes sense for whoever directed this to make it a horrible series on purpose. There must me some overarching purpose for this corny action and story, they can't possibly waste the next 14 episodes on this sort of parody or w/e. I bet its all connected to Goto's mysterious girlfriend.

Otherwise, I'm not interested in Power rangers shit.
Nov 28, 2013 8:59 PM

Jul 2010
Btw, I've always liked Sentai and such, so honestly speaking this is not a problem at all for me. It's true though that I expected more from this show but like I said in the previous thread, I will wait more episodes to give a proper judgment.

Oh right, Hazama's new suit was fucking badass.
Ramkec said:
Plot twist, Gotou's girlfriend is King Torture.

10/10 would like to see that.
Nov 28, 2013 9:14 PM

Sep 2011
I don't know what I'm watching anymore.

Though at first it seemed to be a parody of Power Ranger like show, with the laugh-worthy weaponry and bizarre odd-monster choice.

At a certain point it felt like it's trying too hard to look dumb on purpose. I mean horse with gossip inducing potion, snake causing suffering by buying all the fruits(has to be a snake and an apple, always). I think there is more than what meets the eyes here.

Though this maybe wishful thinking, I'm gonna see where this goes hoping that there is at least a good explanation for King Torture else watching this show is going to be the real torture.

But that creepy budget though.
Nov 28, 2013 9:25 PM

Oct 2012
The monsters self-destruct too easily. I think I can handle 2 more episodes to see how it will turn out.
Nov 28, 2013 10:11 PM

May 2011
Sourire said:

This.

I actually liked the appearance of a "real" evil villain, but this episode was extremely rushed, and the animation was terrible...

Nov 28, 2013 11:44 PM

Oct 2012
What's with the animation?

This all seems a little too cheesy, I'm sure there's something to this. They sure tensed last week's, but seems such a generic sentai show again. Not that I mind, I love sentai shows, but I don't think they'd start doing this all of a sudden. This all seemed like an act. First it was all Flamenco girl and Samumenco finally breaking up due to their senses of justice but all of a sudden they're like marshmallow and stick again? It could've done better.
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Nov 28, 2013 11:50 PM

Aug 2013
Sourire said:

Same. I think the word "gradual" isn't part of the plan. It's like a train that suddenly switched to another line. It's still early into the season so I won't say derailed yet.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Nov 28, 2013 11:53 PM

Mar 2012
I really don't know where this show is heading, but I'll go along for the ride. Pretty disappointed they weren't tripping out on coke though.
Nov 29, 2013 12:38 AM

Oct 2010
I'm gonna start turning off my brain for the rest of the show I guess.....
"People die when they are killed" - Emiya Shirou
Nov 29, 2013 12:39 AM

Aug 2010
pizza_012 said:
Oh My. People. Don't give up just yet. THIS IS noitaminA. Am pretty sure they're planning to give us a shitstorm of surprise.

Take Note: noitaminA never disappoints. It may still be the best for the season so hold on folks. This is not the end for Samumenco, at the very least, so far.

Let's just hope for a kickin' second half just like what S;G did.

DON'T DROP THIS YET.

While this is valid, and I agree and repeat the same opinion, noitaminA did give us Robotics;Notes. And Gallilei Donna is pretty weak.

But they're more smash hit than weak miss, so I still have faith.
Nov 29, 2013 12:54 AM
Mar 2010
I seriously don't know what happened in this episode. But it seemed really off. Goto, Masayoshi and the girls were acting so out of character and the whole monster thingy, rather the monsters themselves feel like such a joke.

I just couldn't take this episode seriously AT ALL. It all felt like some kind of jokey parody, it gave off the opposite feeling I got from Samurai Flamenco.

But the thing is, I have a feeling that in the next episode or the episode after that, we're going to get mind blown today because everything about this episode was the opposite of Samurai Flamenco and director of this is the one who did Natsume Yuujinchou, DRRR! and Princess Jellyfish!
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Nov 29, 2013 12:55 AM

Dec 2010
King Torture is the murderer of Hazama's parents. Sort of.

Hazama can't come to terms with the truth of his parents death. He creates a fantasy world where an evil organization, headed by the murderer, shows up and causes trouble. He easily defeats the organization and confronts and kills King Torture. He realizes that revenge is pointless, and leaves the fantasy world.

Does no one think it's weird that everything is going great? He's one of the most popular models AND the world's greatest hero. That just screams "fantasy world".
tumblr. : johanndergrosse.tumblr.com (ﺧ益ﺨ)
Nov 29, 2013 1:05 AM

Aug 2008
eminagnam said:
They really went for supernatural fantasy? Or was it all play in play or Hazama's hallucination? Either way it's disappointing.

I'm willing to give it more time to consider it disappointing.

The thing is, the original setting didn't have that sort of thing and had a more realistic outlook. It switching to a more fictional setting half through way is lame, yes. It should stick to one from the beginning.

I'm still thinking it's just exaggerated and all some sort of delusion.
Nov 29, 2013 1:45 AM

Jun 2012
Kinda hate myself for getting used to this so quickly, lol. During that fight at the beginning, I thought "heh, this is obviously just filming...". Personally I'm actually starting to enjoy this show now. Even if it is kinda like Power (Sentai) Rangers, it's a little interesting to see a slightly more mature version of that kind of show.

Also, I didn't care too much before, but now I'm seriously curious who Goto's girlfriend is. I originally thought it might be Sumui Ishihara, and now I am really leaning toward her, since in that text at the end it sounded like she knows him personally. I only thought it didn't seem likely due to Goto's lack of response to Masayoshi talking about her. Either way... I have to say I'm really hoping for Masayoshi x Ishihara right now.

Edit: It really irks me that he's using a little razor blade though, why not get an actual sword... or at least not a segmented razor blade that's designed to break. Also, Masayoshi basically just stopped a car with his brute strength. :/

Sums up the rest of my thoughts for the moment.
HalibelTheEspadaNov 29, 2013 1:50 AM
Nov 29, 2013 3:15 AM
Oct 2013
Even though I didn't really like this episode much, I also have the feeling that it's a setup, and something big is going to happen soon. The show before this seemed to be more of a take on how superheroes would be in the real world, and to suddenly become another typical superhero show like all the others just seems strange.

I think maybe as soon as everyone becomes complacent with how the situation is, King Torture will do something actually evil, killing a lot of people and showing them all that it was all a part of his plan. I mean seriously, he goes from slicing the heads off of police officers and twisting their heads around in the last episode to buying all the fruit in the area so they apparently won't get their proper nutrition and everyone just accepts it?

It's strange that SF just seems to accept the deaths of the bad guys by the end, even though he was so upset earlier... setup for a major guilt trip later, possibly when someone he knows is brainwashed into becoming a "monster"?

An interesting twist would be if one of the girls was killed in a battle, and how Mari would deal with it when it's not just something fun. And I don't know if I missed something, but why did the Prime Minister blush like that when they asked about having the meetings every other week? At first I thought he was asleep and they woke him up, but he was the same the other times, without the blushing. Weird.

Anyway, I hope people stick with the show a few more episodes to see where it's going, and don't just give up on it. Every other episode was great, I have a feeling it's going to all make sense soon. I hope.
Nov 29, 2013 3:54 AM

Jan 2012
Just what the hell happened there... It was way better before oO
And the monsters are soooo lame and weak --"
Nov 29, 2013 5:26 AM

Nov 2011
The show is setting things up!

The show is trying to get this phase out of the way, by the looks of this episode: the overall nature of the monsters was established (along with the fact that they appear once a week, which is getting a bit meta) and we were also shown (albeit a bit briefly) how the government stands on the whole issue. And finally, we were hinted that something about Masayoshi is off.

I mean, yes, this episode wasn't too good. But how many here is actually assuming that things remain the way they were in this episode, considering how the show has progressed in every episode so far?

*sigh*

Honestly, even though I still like it, I would have preferred the slice-of-life hero show. At least things would have been simpler on the viewer's end...
Nov 29, 2013 5:38 AM

Jul 2010
The thing is, even if it's all fantasy of Hazama, it's already past the line where they could go and say "Oh, it's all fake". This feels like endless eight now, where you watch the episode and wonder if it's the same show. You can say it's trying to be different. Endless eight was trying that too and look what happened. Being different doesn't make it good. The transition to this abomination was horrible and unexpectable, there's nothing more to it. Gonna skip through the next episodes to see when will they end this nonsense, IF they do that, but I'm not sure if I could watch it the same way as before.
Nov 29, 2013 7:35 AM

Sep 2012
I wasn't sure if it was a parody or just completely retarded until that scene where the villains were buying fruits, then I realized it's indeed a parody, let's just laugh at it.
Nov 29, 2013 7:38 AM

Jul 2013
The stappler-nunchaku never ceases to amuse me... it's so funny!
Nov 29, 2013 7:44 AM
Feb 2010
This episode looks like some cheap ass superhero kid show.

Man, I'm too old to watch Power Rangers -_-.

But hey, I'm sure the show will start having a twist soon... look at Hazama's change in behaviour...
Nov 29, 2013 9:22 AM

Sep 2012
This anime is always surprising me
I hope they won't use those monsters and supernatural stuff for too long. I think they are just making something like a parody, and we'll have an amazing plot twist
At least we know that Goto's girlfriend actually exist (or he programmed to receive messages, although that would be creepy)
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Nov 29, 2013 9:35 AM

Jul 2013
I was half-convinced they were doing some sort of promotional video but damn, if they really change into some sort of tokusatsu show then it's really, really disappointing. Flamenco's charm is how a regular guy struggles with his chuunibyou-like obsession while trying to accept that reality is much harsher. The direction of this show was realistic to begin with, what's with the sudden fantasy turn??

Another thing is how they went from chopping someone's head last episode to "no casualty" (not even a single drip of blood). It's almost like they're doing this half-heartedly. It also doesn't make sense that 4 vigilantes with make-shift weapons can destroy monsters that trained police with real weapon couldn't.

If I have to guess the rating must have been really, really low for the first 7 episodes.
Nov 29, 2013 9:53 AM

Sep 2013
draker said:
Scarecrow1711 said:
No wonder why MAL gets such a bad reputation. An anime decides to do something differently and people decide to drop it before giving it a good chance. I'm pretty sure the writers know what they are doing. There's still 14 more episodes to go, not 4. Anything can happen at this point.

Right, because MAL never hypes shitty shows.
Please, try harder.

When did I ever say that? The only one trying hard here is you, buddy.
Nov 29, 2013 10:12 AM

Jul 2013
This anime really surprised me with this sudden change, but I think something more amazing is going to happen at the end. This will be the Troll of the year
Nov 29, 2013 10:18 AM

Nov 2012
I dislike the direction this anime is headed in, but since I did enjoy the episodes before the twist I'll keep watching it with hopes that it'll somehow improve.
Nov 29, 2013 10:28 AM
Nov 2013
I checked twice, the series is not by Gonzo.
Are you sure Gonzo is not involved in the series anyhow?
If it was Gonzo, everything would make sense, but it's not...
Nov 29, 2013 10:34 AM
Mar 2013
I was so sure they were just recording while watching the last episode's last few minutes.
Here's why:
http://prntscr.com/27hcvy
http://prntscr.com/27hd2k
http://prntscr.com/27hdaf
http://prntscr.com/27hdkb
http://prntscr.com/27hds1
http://prntscr.com/27hebq
http://prntscr.com/27hehp
http://prntscr.com/27hfz2

Anyone else noticed this at the 20 minute mark? The Gorilla supposedly hit him but his hand actually flew past him. Then flamenco went flying away... Like they do for filming those scenes in the movies. I was so convinced. Then this..

Not dropping this but if this theme is real and keeps up, Ill just rip some off my 9 star rating and if I recommend this to someone, I'll tell 'em to stop at episode 7.
Nov 29, 2013 10:36 AM

Jul 2013
This show isn't dumb enough to make me laugh as a parody after the twist (yet?). Snake buying all the apples was a good start I guess.

Also let me guess Goto's girlfriend is going to be King Torture or something stupid to top it off

Should have stayed Japanese Kickass
Nov 29, 2013 11:02 AM
Jan 2013
Man those villains are much more dorkier than the Flamenco people.

Viva Torture!!!!!!!!!
Nov 29, 2013 1:16 PM

Jan 2010
King torture, just playing with dolls lol, these suicide attempts look so fake... this is ridiculous if they continue the show like this.. Im only watching to see who the gf of goto is.
Nov 29, 2013 1:42 PM

Jul 2007
JizzyHitler said:
shanimebib said:
This anime suddenly became the worst ongoing show?
No, no matter how bad this got its not blazblue alter memory

And there is Coppelion too, so no, this isn't the worst ongoing show.

I wonder if this was planned from the very begging of the low expected sales was the reason for the big change. Anyway, I hope this is just a setting for something bigger (come'n weren't half done yet, there's so much room to improve still!).
Nov 29, 2013 2:23 PM

Nov 2007
I am worried they just ruined great anime......But i still hope it's only some filming or a dream or whatever going on........
Nov 29, 2013 3:38 PM

Sep 2011
Ammar01 said:
I was so sure they were just recording while watching the last episode's last few minutes.
Here's why:
http://prntscr.com/27hcvy
http://prntscr.com/27hd2k
http://prntscr.com/27hdaf
http://prntscr.com/27hdkb
http://prntscr.com/27hds1
http://prntscr.com/27hebq
http://prntscr.com/27hehp
http://prntscr.com/27hfz2

Anyone else noticed this at the 20 minute mark? The Gorilla supposedly hit him but his hand actually flew past him. Then flamenco went flying away... Like they do for filming those scenes in the movies. I was so convinced.
you were just looking too far into poor animation

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 29, 2013 3:50 PM

Nov 2011
So are you guys going to stop watching or will this just be a complainothon every week? Because if so I could always discuss this show elsewhere with people who aren't enemies of fun.
Nov 29, 2013 4:11 PM

Apr 2012
I think they pulled off the twist in episode 7 quite well, but this episode was boring as hell... If you're going to complain, complain about the execution, because the concept itself isn't all that bad.
Nov 29, 2013 4:15 PM

Sep 2011
O-Divine-Demon said:
I think they pulled off the twist in episode 7 quite well, but this episode was boring as hell... If you're going to complain, complain about the execution, because the concept itself isn't all that bad.
the concept is flawed though, it pulled it completly out of its ass,

If anything people are getting this backwards, this ep wasnt even that bad given how horrible episode 7 was, taking the comedy route instead of taking this travesty of writing seriously was the right step, the entire concept lost all that was original about it (since now its basically sunred) but this weakened the blow

Mod Edit: Personal argument removed.
ThangLongNov 30, 2013 8:13 AM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Nov 29, 2013 4:21 PM

Nov 2011
JizzyHitler said:
and i wasnt aware people were forcing you to read their "bitching"

If you cant stand the complaining than do as you gloated and go away instead of being a attention whore grasping for attention.

Don't get your panties in a bunch because I'm a little miffed that you turn these things into a bitching pulpit. Do you even enjoy anime beyond the 3 shows people like you keep going back to? Yes, we get it, Monster is a great show. We all know that. Sorry nothing can ever live up to your impossible standards but is this what you consider fun? Writing 10,000 words on how your personal opinion = subjective observation? We got it the first time. You didn't like what they did. Now drop the show and go watch something you do enjoy.
Nov 29, 2013 4:25 PM
Jul 2013
So what of the monsters is true, because the end of episode seven he surprised me. Well, the plot of the story changed a bit and sincere, body got interesting.
Nov 29, 2013 4:28 PM

Sep 2011
neontaster said:
JizzyHitler said:
and i wasnt aware people were forcing you to read their "bitching"

If you cant stand the complaining than do as you gloated and go away instead of being a attention whore grasping for attention.

Don't get your panties in a bunch because I'm a little miffed that you turn these things into a bitching pulpit. Do you even enjoy anime beyond the 3 shows people like you keep going back to? Yes, we get it, Monster is a great show. We all know that. Sorry nothing can ever live up to your impossible standards but is this what you consider fun? Writing 10,000 words on how your personal opinion = subjective observation? We got it the first time. You didn't like what they did. Now drop the show and go watch something you do enjoy.

I honest to god have no clue what the fuck your even going on about, i never said a single thing about monster and i think the fact that your making a comparison between a psychological thriller and a comedy homage to super sentai is downright insane as they couldnt be farther from eachother.

What im saying is your being a jackass, your the one complaining about others, gloating that you arent bothered by it when you clearly are, and then gloating even more that you can easily go away yet wont. This has nothing to do with the show, this has all to do with YOU, youre making desperate calls for attention which im sadly giving you.

Do as you gloated and go away, otherwise quit lying and admit that your bothered that you have an unpopular opinion on the direction this show has taken

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Nov 29, 2013 4:34 PM

Nov 2011
JizzyHitler said:
I honest to god have no clue what the fuck your even going on about, i never said a single thing about monster and i think the fact that your making a comparison between a psychological thriller and a comedy homage to super sentai is downright insane as they couldnt be farther from eachother.

What im saying is your being a jackass, your the one complaining about others, gloating that you arent bothered by it when you clearly are, and then gloating even more that you can easily go away yet wont. This has nothing to do with the show, this has all to do with YOU, youre making desperate calls for attention which im sadly giving you.

Do as you gloated and go away, otherwise quit lying and admit that your bothered that you have an unpopular opinion on the direction this show has taken

Haha right. I am secretly bothered by this. Everyone secretly agrees with you but just aren't honest enough with themselves to admit it. Self important much?

Don't worry. I have no desire to engage your self-aggrandizing any further. Resume bitching. I'll go back to actually enjoying anime.
Nov 29, 2013 4:45 PM

Jun 2008
Everything about this episode feels like a set-up by the writers.

Mari and Menco's change of attitude, the incredibly easy monsters (4 or 5 on a simple episode? really?, it's like they don't want us to take King Torture seriously). I'm expecting even bigger surprises than Guillotine Gorilla. But I gotta admit, this episode was boring.
Nov 29, 2013 5:00 PM

Sep 2011
"Don't worry. I have no desire to engage your self-aggrandizing any further."

Guess you didnt stay true to your own word yet again

all i have to say to youre comment is that quit putting words in my mouth, i never said any of the things you mentioned especially since im one of the minority that enjoyed this episode.

My opinions arent the objective truth, i never claimed for them to be and i never will, in your delusional mind you can interpenetrate what i say however you like, especially since in your delusions you still think im even talking about the show at all when im really talking about your behavior in this thread completely standalone devoid of its ties to flamenco or not

Mod Edit: Quote of deleted posts removed.
ThangLongNov 30, 2013 8:23 AM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» This has to be one of the most misunderstood anime of all time, right?

lordgaara - Jun 16, 2023

7 by lordgaara »»
Jan 20, 7:49 AM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

181 by lordgaara »»
Jul 16, 2023 9:15 PM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

299 by lordgaara »»
May 25, 2023 12:12 AM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2014

105 by lordgaara »»
May 24, 2023 11:14 PM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2014

123 by Attackonfiller »»
Nov 21, 2022 11:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.