Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 8, 2015 8:07 PM

Feb 2013
So I guess they changed the part where Lady Koto kissed Koto. I wonder why.

So Inari was the person who took in Myoue when he was little. And he's the reason the world's going to be destroyed too and not Lady Koto. The puzzle is starting to make more sense! What going to happen next?!
Feb 2, 2015 1:10 AM

Jun 2014

OH I GET IT!~
She said when she first saw her, she thought it was the Priest! Thats why in the original she kisses Koto! She thinks its Inari at first in another form! That explains her confusion when Koto cries "I WANT TO GO HOME" in the original too.

But holy shit things get intense there at the end. Im starting to get the feeling that Inari isn't exactly a 'good guy'. Between this episode and the last we see hes a LOT darker and more disconnected from reality then we first see of him.
And next episode's preview looks like even more trouble.
It's not Koto fault! Its the Demon and the Buddha's fault! They forced her to do it.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Apr 19, 2015 7:03 AM

Nov 2011
The episode as a whole is useful for the plot and quite enjoyable to follow; are satisfied.
Even though the most interesting part of the whole story is in the final.
The soundtrack, the drawings and animations are discreet and pleasant in their realization and listening.
Feb 13, 2016 9:08 PM
Jul 2018
Favorite episode so far, thing are finally coming together.
Things are looking really intense, time to move on to next episode.
Mar 16, 2016 12:59 AM

Mar 2012
Wow that episode just flew by.
Oct 13, 2016 8:35 AM

Jun 2011
I like what's being set up here, it seems promising. Another great episode, but I kinda disliked a few things. First is the cliche that whenever parents reunite with their child(ren) after being separated for so long, they always have to drop a comment or two on how EACH of the kids have changed (or not), almost immediately after they meet again. Then there's the tour too, as if she never left. I find that cringey.

Second was Koto crying. She just doesn't strike me as the type to cry so easily now. I say now because she was known to be a crybaby not too long ago. It just seems like her character is inconsistent with how she has been portrayed thus far. Maybe it's because of the poor (or the lack of) transitional scenes in this series, but yeah. I don't know how did it went from the scene where Koto was speaking to her mom, to Koto suddenly appearing in Myoue's room and gave a speech about how everyone's dependent on her, it felt really weird.

Aside from those issues, the series has done a phenomenal job as a whole, and there were a few scenes that really clicked and gve the feels/chills and make you go "I can't do this scene any better". Excited for what's up next.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 5, 2017 12:07 PM

Jun 2013
Just before the mom said "it's time I headed back" I was like "don't you dare leave them again". But her dreams turned out to be true, so I can't really hate her for leaving back then.

Each sibling reacted very differently to their mother's return; I can even imagine that Myoue II was too afraid to believe that she would stick around, and that Kurama just knew that it would be too good to be true. Well, all that before the father came home as well.

Koto's little breakdown felt very real, despite the borderline comedic tone of it. I would be fed up, too, if I just kept dealing with other people's emotional baggage while I never get answers to the questions that are the most important to me.

Was it really the fact that Koto and the High Priest literally broke in the reason why the Armageddon began just now? Is it possible that the Buddha whose body the black rabbit has been using was never really a threat to them in the first place?
LeeTailorMay 5, 2017 12:11 PM
Dec 2, 2017 4:05 PM

Sep 2011
Oh no, it was Koto who was going to end up ruining this world? :( I wonder why it took so long though...

That said, I really liked this episode. Koto was so cute when she could finally see her mother and have a quiet moment with her :)
Mar 20, 2019 3:34 PM
Jul 2018
Things feel rushed and I wish it was more cohesive but damn it's still very good. 7/10 so far. Excited to see more.
Jul 23, 2019 1:26 PM
Jul 2018
It's only natural to get upset when nobody tells you anything, heck I'm just a viewer and I feel just as frustrated as Koto. >:v
Seeing Koto cry broke my heart. I wasn't ready for that arguh

But yeah, the reunion was so heartwarming. I love how surprised Myoue was when he found out that his father was Inari lol. How did he get younger anyway? o_O

This High Priest of a guy doesn't look like good news.

Also did anyone else noticed the small visual changes to the OP? Like how the glass shatters more and the DNA string? No?? Okay... ;-;
removed-userJul 23, 2019 8:08 PM
Aug 16, 2019 6:25 PM

Oct 2016
It's odd that they took out the kiss from the 2011 version, but left the crying scene in.
It just feels weird, as someone who watched the 2011 version first. Who knows, I probably wouldn't feel the same if I had watched this one first.

Dec 6, 2020 5:07 AM

Aug 2017
It's interesting how Kurama and Yase occasionally call Koto by her name, which is...unusual for children, I presume.

Koto saying that she only has future, but no past, mirrors the words of the Bodhisattva in ep. 1

That broken digital clock...just like in Inari's home in ep. 2

Koto mentioned "his" dreams/delusions, I wonder why. So is all this world a product of Inari's imagination or something?

The scene with the "chess board" reminded me of EOE.

Full moon is definitely relevant to Buddhism. The red flower is somehow important too, I'm sure.
St0rmbladeDec 6, 2020 6:15 AM
Apr 15, 2021 4:38 AM

Jul 2016
HungryForQuality said:
Things feel rushed and I wish it was more cohesive but damn it's still very good. 7/10 so far. Excited to see more.

t has been too fast in my opinion.
Jun 22, 2021 9:39 AM

May 2020
Man, Old Myoue/Inari/Sensei's smile is very unsettlling.

Mostly original stuff from this episode which is nice. It was nice seeing Koto re-unite with the siblings and also get along with Koto. On to the next episode.
Jan 2, 2023 8:16 PM

Apr 2016
Something about always expecting but never giving and more mommy issues, I guess.
Apr 17, 9:07 AM

May 2020
As i expected sensei is their parents also their mom is bck. Seems another problem incoming. But i still wondering who is Koto, this anime really slow pacing.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyousou Giga (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2013

136 by sharosharo »»
Apr 17, 10:28 AM

Poll: » Kyousou Giga (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2013

66 by sharosharo »»
Apr 17, 9:59 AM

Poll: » Kyousou Giga (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2013

61 by sharosharo »»
Apr 17, 9:31 AM

Poll: » Kyousou Giga (TV) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2013

87 by sharosharo »»
Apr 17, 8:42 AM

Poll: » Kyousou Giga (TV) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2013

80 by sharosharo »»
Apr 17, 8:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.