Forum Settings
Forums

Live Action Movie of 'Lupin III' Due Summer 2014

New
Nov 26, 2013 11:07 PM

Nov 2007
It has been announced that the live action movie of "Lupin III" will be released in summer 2014. The filming locations include Japan, Thailand, Singapore, Hong Kong, and the Philippines.

Staff:
Director: Ryuhei Kitamura
Filming Director: Pedro J. Mrquez
Action Directors: Jae-Won Shim & Gil-Yeong Yang
VFX Supervisor: Seung-Hyun Song

Main Casts:
Arsene Lupin III: Shun Oguri
Daisuke Jigen: Detsuji Tamayama
Goemon Ishikawa XIII: Gou Ayano
Fujiko Mine: Meisa Kuroki

Original Characters/Casts:
Michael Lee: Jerry Yan
Thanayong Wongtrakul
Nick Tate
Kim Jun
Nirut Sirijanya
Yaya Ying

Sources: Nico News, Anime! Anime!, Cinema Today

Story by symbv

Update (January 14, 2014): Lupin III's theme song cannot be used in the live action movie, so Meisa Kuroki might be singing the theme song. (Source).
myanimelistllcMar 4, 2016 11:59 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Nov 26, 2013 11:11 PM

Jan 2009
cool
Nov 26, 2013 11:12 PM

Sep 2012
Oguri as Lupin III is definitely interesting choice, as well as Kuroki Meisa as Mine Fujiko.

The original characters seem to be the rivals of Lupin III and the cast were drawn from Taiwan, Korea, Thailand and Australia. Among them, Jerry Yan is from the popular Taiwan idol group F4 and Yaya Ying is a pop diva in Thailand.

Besides Thailand and Japan, the film will also be shot in 3 other Asian countries, according to the news: Singapore, Hong Kong and The Philippines.
symbvNov 26, 2013 11:51 PM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 26, 2013 11:26 PM

Nov 2010
I don't even know what to think of this. I so hope it's good. But the actors are all quite young. I guess I'll be keeping an open mind but I want some good heists.

And some sexy scenes of Meisa Kuroki.
Nov 26, 2013 11:45 PM

Sep 2012
tsubasalover said:

Action Directors: Jae Won Shim & Kiryon Yang*

*I'm not so sure about the spelling of the second action director (cannot find his spelling on google). Those who knows Korean, please correct me.
For the second action director, his name is 양길영 in Korean and in a Korean movie personality database his name is transliterated as Gil-yeong Yang in English: http://movie.daum.net/movieperson/Summary.do?personId=12742

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 27, 2013 12:02 AM

Apr 2012
Definitely gonna watch this

symbv said:
Oguri as Lupin III is definitely interesting choice, as well as Kuroki Meisa as Mine Fujiko.

Crows Zero <3
Nov 27, 2013 12:06 AM

Jan 2013
I'm REALLY hoping they retain the classic Lupin theme song!
http://youtu.be/jHEP71Wt_I8

Nov 27, 2013 12:19 AM

Nov 2007
symbv said:
tsubasalover said:

Action Directors: Jae Won Shim & Kiryon Yang*

*I'm not so sure about the spelling of the second action director (cannot find his spelling on google). Those who knows Korean, please correct me.
For the second action director, his name is 양길영 in Korean and in a Korean movie personality database his name is transliterated as Gil-yeong Yang in English: http://movie.daum.net/movieperson/Summary.do?personId=12742

Thank you very much!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 27, 2013 12:46 AM

Jan 2011
Wow Meisa Kuroki is hot.
[center]
Nov 27, 2013 1:48 AM

Feb 2011
Usually I don't watch these kind of lice action movies, but I'm a big Lupin III fan so I'll probably make an exception.
Nov 27, 2013 1:50 AM

Feb 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
I want some good heists.

And some sexy scenes of Meisa Kuroki.

Just saw some of her pictures...I second this.
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
Nov 27, 2013 2:19 AM

Apr 2012
morshuwarrior said:
Usually I don't watch these kind of lice action movies, but I'm a big Lupin III fan so I'll probably make an exception.

Try watching the Rurouni Kenshin Live action. You will be surprised.

As for this, yes i am excited. I was like 5 or 6 when have watched this series although i don't remember the story xD
RedgraveGilverNov 27, 2013 4:25 AM
Nov 27, 2013 2:20 AM

Sep 2012
VioLink said:
Wow Meisa Kuroki is hot.
This is her first movie after the birth of her daughter earlier this year (which also necessitated her shotgun marriage with the Jin Akanishi, who had been kicked out of the idol group Kat-tun eariler. So I guess a lot of attention would be focused on her to see whether this means a major comeback for her in the show business.

Nov 27, 2013 5:54 AM

Aug 2011
morshuwarrior said:

Vengeance of everyone's grudge.

"I didn't add it to my list so I forgot I was watching that." - lpf
Nov 27, 2013 6:11 AM

Mar 2013
symbv said:
VioLink said:
Wow Meisa Kuroki is hot.
This is her first movie after the birth of her daughter earlier this year (which also necessitated her shotgun marriage with the Jin Akanishi, who had been kicked out of the idol group Kat-tun eariler. So I guess a lot of attention would be focused on her to see whether this means a major comeback for her in the show business.

Thanks for that info. She's really beautiful. I never knew she gave birth.
Nov 27, 2013 8:00 AM

Nov 2008
That one I would like to watch.
I also wonder if it's Lupin first live action movie although I doubt it is?
Nov 27, 2013 8:04 AM

Sep 2012
Mr_Gutts said:

I also wonder if it's Lupin first live action movie although I doubt it is?
There was one live action Lupin III movie back in 1974 and in the almost 40 years after that there has been no more live action movie on Lupin III.

Nov 27, 2013 8:25 AM

Sep 2012
DarkMorpher said:
Thank god it's not American!!

LOL
Nov 27, 2013 8:57 AM
May 2012
I really don't usually watch Anime based live-action movies but damn, Meisa Kuroki is so hot :3 I must watch this!!!!!
Nov 27, 2013 8:58 AM

Nov 2012
OMG! Lupin III has scenes in the Philippines! Oh I gotta watch this!...XD

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
Nov 27, 2013 9:47 AM

Jan 2013
Looks shitty.
Dubs>subs.
Breaking Bad>Anime
Comic books>manga
99% of Anime is Garbage
Nov 27, 2013 11:27 AM

Feb 2011
RedgraverSoul said:
morshuwarrior said:

Try watching the Rurouni Kenshin Live action. You will be surprised.
I've heard good things about that one, will try it sometime :)
Nov 27, 2013 11:53 AM

Jun 2013
A tad off topic but is anyone else kinda excited for the Detective Conan vs. Lupin III movie?
My signature is lame...
Nov 27, 2013 9:51 PM

Apr 2010
DarkMorpher said:
Thank god it's not American!!
Shhh, a Hollywood producer could be reading this site and getting ideas. D: Remember we still have that Bleach movie to cry over and the possibly the Kite one too if that's still being made.
Dec 3, 2013 12:09 PM

Feb 2011
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-12-03/friend-of-director/live-action-lupin-iii-film-to-modernize-characters

Yeeeeah I'm turning my back to this film. I mean, Goemon without his sword... just... never mind.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - 10 hours ago

10 by DylanVSAnimez »»
34 minutes ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - 5 hours ago

3 by eli_shmeli »»
4 hours ago

» 'Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai shiteita.' Reveals Additional Cast, Second Promo

Doshigatai - 11 hours ago

3 by JehadKun »»
8 hours ago

» 'T.P BON' Reveals Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

2 by EcchiGodMamster »»
9 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/10]

Snow - Apr 5

26 by infanf »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.