Forum Settings
Forums

Author Announces 'Naruto' Story Is in Its Final Phase

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Nov 25, 2013 2:08 PM

Jul 2013
Honest???
Dr. Sheldon Cooper " It is no way to make new humans. People coming out of people. Some kind of dirty magic show.
Nov 25, 2013 2:13 PM

Sep 2009
Now let's wait for whom it would take less years to finish: for him or for Kubo Taito? )))
Nov 25, 2013 2:15 PM

Dec 2012
best story ever
Nov 25, 2013 2:34 PM

Jan 2011
Sasuke said something about wanting to become Hokage so that could be the focus of the next arc. Naruto vs Sasuke election battle.

Man I hope they play Hound dog's "Rocks" on the final episode.
[center]
Nov 25, 2013 2:38 PM

Oct 2012
so............I guess that means anime still has another 200 episodes? guess I can catch up in another year or two :P

Nov 25, 2013 2:47 PM

May 2013
Can wait to see how they finish this.
Nov 25, 2013 2:47 PM
Feb 2011
Thank god, too. I knew there was nowhere for this series to go when this dumb, horrible, and awfully written War Arc started. The final confirmation just eases my nerves a bit more that it won't drag on needlessly any longer than it already has. I can finally put this piece of shit series behind me when it finally does end, too.

I still find it hard to believe that a series that started off so good, has derailed into complete garbage as much as Naruto has. It han't been any good since the battle between Naruto and Pain, and that was, what? Like 4-5 years ago?
Nov 25, 2013 2:49 PM
Mar 2012
Let me just say FINALLY
Nov 25, 2013 2:50 PM

Apr 2009
To be fair, it already was on the decline during the last arc before the timeskip. Sasori and Deidara were small highlights but after that is was subpar at best and horrible at worst.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Nov 25, 2013 3:00 PM

Aug 2011
Good riddance.
Nov 25, 2013 3:01 PM
Apr 2013
Just like Bleach (although i really think this arc is amazing) naruto needed to end and hoepfully it will. I have found myself bored for the past year of chapters almost. Hopefully it will end on a good note though
Nov 25, 2013 3:02 PM

Apr 2010
Nachtwandler_21 said:
Now let's wait for whom it would take less years to finish: for him or for Kubo Taito? )))

I think Naruto will end sooner, maybe six months before Bleach. I don't think in 2014, maybe 2015 if we are lucky.
Nov 25, 2013 3:05 PM

Jul 2007
VioLink said:
Sasuke said something about wanting to become Hokage so that could be the focus of the next arc. Naruto vs Sasuke election battle.

Man I hope they play Hound dog's "Rocks" on the final episode.

Please don't turn it into a Hitman reborn final battle.

I am honestly surprised that people would want it to end during this war with madara, to me that would be a very anticlimatic ending. Because as everyone says the war is one of the most slow progressed and sad excuse of an arc to bring back characters to tie up loose ends.

Like i said, this story needs another arc, not another STORY, but just another arc that resolves things from a more personal perspective to the plot. Back when things were not chaotic as all hell and over emo obito causing mass destruction and wars, followed by madara an the jinchuriki's beasts was the only core element of the story.

If you look at the story as a whole from a different point of view, obito only turned rogue in part 2 of the manga, madara was only mentioned during that time as well and was all centered around that plot. Our favorite villain Orochomaru kind of got forgetten during all this crazy madness.

You remember the amazing sasuke Vs naruto battle from part 1, something along those lines needs to take place involving orochormaru in some way or another before this story ends on good terms. The conflicts between naruto, sasuke, sakura and orochimaru have never been resolved as of yet. The original characters first introduced in the story line, needs to have complete closure at the end of the storyline.
ArtimesGamerNov 25, 2013 3:16 PM

Nov 25, 2013 3:07 PM

Feb 2011
Whoa, i didnt expect this. now both bleach and naruto are ending soon. i wonder who will take their place in "the big 3"
Nov 25, 2013 3:08 PM

Aug 2011
Tearz said:
Whoa, i didnt expect this. now both bleach and naruto are ending soon. i wonder who will take their place in "the big 3"

You obviously have not read this thread.
Smiles and laughter are always good, but never forget your Poker Face.~
Nov 25, 2013 3:09 PM

Sep 2011
kratos_aurion said:
Nachtwandler_21 said:

I think Naruto will end sooner, maybe six months before Bleach. I don't think in 2014, maybe 2015 if we are lucky.
Im still am under the impression that bleach's final arc will go on until the late 2010's

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 25, 2013 3:11 PM

Aug 2011
JizzyHitler said:
kratos_aurion said:
Nachtwandler_21 said:

Im still am under the impression that bleach's final arc will go on until the late 2010's

Aaaa no, this Bleach's arc is the best.
Smiles and laughter are always good, but never forget your Poker Face.~
Nov 25, 2013 3:17 PM

Jun 2008
Not a big fan of Naruto, but it's kinda sad to see that it's ending.
Nov 25, 2013 3:21 PM

Jan 2012
About time.
I'll stick to it until the end .

Nov 25, 2013 3:40 PM

Aug 2013
Announcement so shit people will buy the manga. Job done, i suppose
Nov 25, 2013 3:45 PM

Feb 2010
My main interest is what will take it's spot after it's finished.
I probably regret this post by now.
Nov 25, 2013 3:53 PM

Apr 2013
Myabe it's finally time for me to pick up the manga again
Nov 25, 2013 3:54 PM
Aug 2012
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

That is interesting. It's wide open for some piece of shit, filler-packed shounen anime to come in and get bashed for a decade or so. Maybe room for 2.
Nov 25, 2013 4:13 PM

Oct 2007
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Nothing. Mainstream battle shounen is becomming barren land considering WSJ had to bet on Toriko of all things in their efforts to replace Bleach. When naruto ends, they'll be left with One Piece and nothing else. Maybe they'll switch some of their focus to comedies considering how well AssClass is doing?
Nov 25, 2013 4:18 PM

Jul 2011
I wish it ended on a better arc though, tbh.

Guess it will soon be the Big 2... or just OP left since Bleach isn't doing so hot either.

Naruto will still probably run a while before it actually ends though. :P
But since went from the climax to nearing the end: another year or two left?
Nov 25, 2013 4:21 PM

Jun 2013
HaXXspetten said:
about time
Agree.
Nov 25, 2013 4:25 PM

Nov 2010
Remi_ said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

That is interesting. It's wide open for some piece of shit, filler-packed shounen anime to come in and get bashed for a decade or so. Maybe room for 2.
You sound angry.

Progeusz said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Nothing. Mainstream battle shounen is becomming barren land considering WSJ had to bet on Toriko of all things in their efforts to replace Bleach. When naruto ends, they'll be left with One Piece and nothing else. Maybe they'll switch some of their focus to comedies considering how well AssClass is doing?
Not really, Toriko is doing good. I've also heard of Nanatsu no Taizai but I don't know what kind of a shounen it is, looks battleish from the cover and synopsis. Battle shounens will never die.
Nov 25, 2013 4:26 PM

Aug 2010
The only way that HxH could replace Naruto could be if Togashi actually stopped doing hiatuses.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Nov 25, 2013 4:34 PM

Jun 2012
Naruto is cancer. A cancer that is killing the industry.
Nov 25, 2013 4:42 PM

Feb 2010
IntroverTurtle said:
Progeusz said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Not really, Toriko is doing good. I've also heard of Nanatsu no Taizai but I don't know what kind of a shounen it is, looks battleish from the cover and synopsis. Battle shounens will never die.

Toriko is doing good indeed and it's already been consistent longer than Bleach ever was, so in my book it's superior even if should turn to shit now (which it doesn't look like will happen). But yeah, Toriko is already more than 2 years old and with Naruto and also HxH probably ending in the foreseeable future it really does look like a barren land unless 1 or 2 new titles storm the market. Fairy Tail might come back at some point and could replace one of those two (not my favorite battle shounen, but I've been missing it nonetheless), but it's not really fresh either so if it comes down to only OP and maybe FT without something new on the horizon (I don't think I've missed anything in the past 2 years, have I?) I'm not very optimistic for the future of the genre in terms of long-running shows. But we still have tiem for announcements until Naruto and HxH come to an end, so for now I'm full of expectations.
I probably regret this post by now.
Nov 25, 2013 4:42 PM

Mar 2012
And it will end with the most disappointing ending ever as far as the same shit goes currently right now..

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Nov 25, 2013 4:49 PM

Sep 2013
The people who complain and hate are the same ones who read it week after week, it's pathetic and shows just how stupid they are, keep hating, it only makes us stronger.

When did one piece's amazing sales start anyway, the 40 to 50th volume? then there's still time for other series.

World Trigger has been doing good lately and toriko can go on for 10 to 20 years.
Assassination Classroom is not gonna be super long, the author said so himself.
Kuroko is probably gonnaend soon too, can only go so far with basketball based on the real world.
ichii_1Nov 25, 2013 5:09 PM
Nov 25, 2013 4:49 PM

Jul 2013
And how many years will this "Final Phase" last exactly? I'm willing to excuse his shitty war if the Madara and Sasuke fights are done as good as possible (which they have the potential of doing) and if the ending is actually decent.

Shuhan said:

How is it killing the industry? If anything it is helping it.

Orga777 said:

I still find it hard to believe that a series that started off so good, has derailed into complete garbage as much as Naruto has. It han't been any good since the battle between Naruto and Pain, and that was, what? Like 4-5 years ago?
What a load of shit. The Kage Summit arc was decent, and the Confining the Jinchuuriki arc was just as good as the Kage Summit (if you didn't like the Kushina flashbacks then you have no soul). Sure they weren't as good as the Pain arc, but then again nothing else in Naruto is. The only arc that has been bad since the Pain arc is the war arc.
MinagatachiNov 25, 2013 5:01 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 25, 2013 4:52 PM

Oct 2007
IntroverTurtle said:
That's the problem - after all the advertising it's only doing good. Ratings finally settled around 5.0 but that's mostly because it airs just before One Piece which is closer to 8.0. Also, Toriko often has worse rankings than anime airing half an hour before it so it doesn't look that great.
Volume-wise it's even worse - it might look well only if you forget it has 130 episodes anime. It's a battle shounen with long on-going anime and still can't get close to 400k. Titles like Magi, Ao, KnB walk all over it. Fairy Tail and Bleach are still much above and it will likely never change. Bakuman with much less advertising and more niche theme was selling better and they started at similar time. AssClass sells twice as much as Toriko despite no anime and being significantly shorter.
When that's the best (and only) candidate for WSJ's #2 after Naruto and Bleach end, I can't see the genre's situation in bright colors. Oh well, One Piece is enough and there are other magazines can put our hopes in.
ProgeuszNov 25, 2013 4:56 PM
Nov 25, 2013 5:01 PM

Nov 2011
This should just end already, been dragging far too long tbh.
Nov 25, 2013 5:35 PM

Dec 2012
I hope it ends in late 2015 or better yet never.

IntroverTurtle said:
I've also heard of Nanatsu no Taizai but I don't know what kind of a shounen it is, looks battleish from the cover and synopsis. Battle shounens will never die.

It's in Weekly shounen magazine ( the same magazine that has FT) and it's not really doing exceptionally well in sales ( below 100k) it needs an anime to gain popularity.

jayvon said:
If this ends HxH will take it's place so I'm kinda glad. Naruto got a kinda boring anyway.

Take it's place in what exactly? that doesn't really makes sense.
Nov 25, 2013 5:46 PM

Apr 2010
Forget the damn Uchihas. Just give me confirmation of Naruto x Hinata so I can have sweet dreams and beautiful nightmares for the rest of my shonen reading days. >3>
Nov 25, 2013 5:57 PM
Mar 2013
soulless4now said:
Forget the damn Uchihas. Just give me confirmation of Naruto x Hinata so I can have sweet dreams and beautiful nightmares for the rest of my shonen reading days. >3>
This is another thing I want fixed before the ending. I better be seeing some Hinata x Naruto fulfillment.

It's already bad enough that they completely ignored her feelings towards Naruto after the Pain Arc.
Nov 25, 2013 6:08 PM
Dec 2007
Shuhan said:

The cancer is in your head.
Nov 25, 2013 6:12 PM

Nov 2010
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Toriko is doing good indeed and it's already been consistent longer than Bleach ever was, so in my book it's superior even if should turn to shit now (which it doesn't look like will happen). But yeah, Toriko is already more than 2 years old and with Naruto and also HxH probably ending in the foreseeable future it really does look like a barren land unless 1 or 2 new titles storm the market. Fairy Tail might come back at some point and could replace one of those two (not my favorite battle shounen, but I've been missing it nonetheless), but it's not really fresh either so if it comes down to only OP and maybe FT without something new on the horizon (I don't think I've missed anything in the past 2 years, have I?) I'm not very optimistic for the future of the genre in terms of long-running shows. But we still have tiem for announcements until Naruto and HxH come to an end, so for now I'm full of expectations.
So you're talking about the anime of those two? In that case Naruto even if the manga ends now the anime still has over a year. HxH will probably be a year. Fairy Tail is most likely coming back, in 2014 or so. What about Nanatsu no Taizai? It's an action, fantasy, adventure, shounen and it's doing quite well. Bleach will probably also be coming back once this arc or whatever is close to ending. AssClass while mostly a comedy from what I've heard should be long running. I still don't see how shounens are a barren wasteland.

Progeusz said:
That's the problem - after all the advertising it's only doing good. Ratings finally settled around 5.0 but that's mostly because it airs just before One Piece which is closer to 8.0. Also, Toriko often has worse rankings than anime airing half an hour before it so it doesn't look that great.
Volume-wise it's even worse - it might look well only if you forget it has 130 episodes anime. It's a battle shounen with long on-going anime and still can't get close to 400k. Titles like Magi, Ao, KnB walk all over it. Fairy Tail and Bleach are still much above and it will likely never change. Bakuman with much less advertising and more niche theme was selling better and they started at similar time. AssClass sells twice as much as Toriko despite no anime and being significantly shorter.
When that's the best (and only) candidate for WSJ's #2 after Naruto and Bleach end, I can't see the genre's situation in bright colors. Oh well, One Piece is enough and there are other magazines can put our hopes in.
Here were go again, you saying all Toriko is, is advertising. First of all it's settled around 6 while One Piece is at 8. Toriko's ratings are still good, even if the ones surrounding it are doing better, it won't be cancelled. I've even looked at some past ratings, you always say it's One Piece that's supporting the anime right? Where's your proof? When I looked at those ratings while One Piece was up around 10, the anime before it were around 2.0, so your theory doesn't really fit. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean everyone else doesn't too.

You're really going to compare Toriko with Bakuman. You don't need advertising if the mangakas who worked on it were the ones who did Death Note, that's advertising right there. And you haven't said anything about Nanatsu no Taizai, like always you're just obsessed with Toriko.
Nov 25, 2013 6:15 PM

Jun 2013
How many times have we heard that old saying?
My signature is lame...
Nov 25, 2013 6:38 PM

Apr 2010
emeraldrosary said:
soulless4now said:
This is another thing I want fixed before the ending. I better be seeing some Hinata x Naruto fulfillment.

It's already bad enough that they completely ignored her feelings towards Naruto after the Pain Arc.
First off, nice avatar. ;D

But I agree. There should've been some dialogue about that when he returned to the village after talking to Nagato, but Kishi is just terrible when it comes to writing female characters.
Nov 25, 2013 6:40 PM

Oct 2011
It's obvious but it's good to know that it's official.
Nov 25, 2013 7:33 PM

Jun 2010
Good God, finally. Now Bleach just has to end. After that we'll get two new mangas ripping off Bleach and Naruto, in the same tradition as how Bleach and Naruto ripped off Yu Yu Hakusho and Hunter x Hunter, respectively.
Nov 25, 2013 7:37 PM

Jun 2008
Wind_Sr said:
It was announced back in July 2012 that the story was approaching its climax.

LOL!

It takes 1.5 years to reach climax?

This is ridiculous.

For the love of god, just end it already!
Nov 25, 2013 7:45 PM

Mar 2009
He's been saying this shit for years now. Just end already!
Nov 25, 2013 7:47 PM

Apr 2013
lies
an egomaniac and a fool

Nov 25, 2013 7:49 PM

Dec 2012
icantfeelmyarms said:
Good God, finally. Now Bleach just has to end. After that we'll get two new mangas ripping off Bleach and Naruto, in the same tradition as how Bleach and Naruto ripped off Yu Yu Hakusho and Hunter x Hunter, respectively.

There was only 1 year difference between HxH and Naruto...

HxH according to this logic ripped some stuff from Naruto but I don't see anyone bitching about that.
Nov 25, 2013 7:59 PM

Sep 2011
So seeing how the series was right before its hiatus, i take it that really slow war arc is actually done and now we are starting the legit final arc

I really wonder if people will start dying now or they will keep the body coutn unrealistically low like it has been

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 25, 2013 8:08 PM

Sep 2012
A final phase may contain sub-phases and sub-sub-phases too LOL

To be honest, I doubt the newsworthiness of such "news". I see more gimmick than actual news in the statement as published.
symbvNov 25, 2013 8:17 PM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Today

21 by VanishingKira »»
4 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

95 by RobertBobert »»
7 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.