Forum Settings
Forums

Kadenz fermata//Akkord:fortissimo Pre-Release Discussion and Speculations

New
Do you think Kadenz fermata is a prequel or sequel to fortissimo or brand new story?
Nov 24, 2013 2:22 PM

Oct 2010
So, what do you guys think Kadenz fermata's plot will be on. I'm thinking it will be a whole new Ragnarok with a new mastermind. Seeing Freya in the announcement made me think she will be a major figure in this new fortissimo.

YoxalLoyalDec 26, 2014 11:53 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Dec 6, 2013 11:00 AM

Apr 2008
I would think it is a sequel due to the way EXA ended.
Jan 5, 2014 6:21 AM

Oct 2010
So far, the three characters revealed to us are Freya (from the first game's epilogue), Amaterasu (redhead sword wielder mage), and Alicia (twintail scythe wielder mage).

The plot so far is "'Transcendent Theosophy' vs. 'Mythological Creation.'" I'm going to guess Shinto mythology will play a part in this game, along with more Norse mythology.

I'm finding this premise pretty interesting, and the characters look pretty cool. Hopefully we get character cameos from the original fortissimo game.
Jan 14, 2014 6:46 PM

Feb 2009
Definitely a sequel.

About Freya: During one scene with Momiji in the classroom, Reiji mentioned there was another disciple when he was living with his shishou, a girl who he said disliked him. If the man at the end of Ein Reencounter is Reiji's shishou, then that girl is almost certainly Freya, who is glaring at Reiji there. I read someone on 2ch propose that the "mahoutsukai X kisekitsukai" theme of Kadenz is why Freya disliked Reiji, because she's a kisekitsukai and he was an unawakened mahoutsuki when he was living with her.

The narrator says that Reiji's shishou and Freya are just silently watching over Reiji to give "them" a brief moment of peace before they need to go on a "new journey", and says "the fight will continue for the sake of illuminating a single truth". I think that whoever "them" refers to are surely main characters in Kadenz (on the "mahoutsukai" side).
MattWJan 14, 2014 7:39 PM
Jan 30, 2014 4:43 PM

Apr 2008
I have a couple of theories regarding this game...

Mar 13, 2014 7:28 AM

Oct 2010
New PV

A new teaser video for Kadenz fermata has been released on the main site. Pretty much a recap to fortissimo EXS//Akkord:nachsten Phase and some new explanations on Freya and the plot.
Mar 16, 2014 5:47 PM

Feb 2009
Thanks for the link, Yoxal. Awesome to finally read some details about kisekitsukai and hints about their role in the story.

I'm quite satisfied with the explanation, but what I want to learn about most is where the story is set. They showed a church in the PV, but I hope Kadenz will have school life too.

By the way, I have a question about how majutsu works in fortissimo (because I didn't follow the explanations well when I read it):
Mar 17, 2014 2:09 PM

Oct 2010
Wow thanks for summarizing that pv Matt. To be honest, I only got a bit of that pv since I'm not very good at reading Japanese.

Hmm, I'm still debating whether these antimagus were from an ancient war, or were they created using science. An even bigger question is what is the role of the organization Reiji's foster father and Freya are in (the one with the upside-down cross).

Interesting, theory you have there, though I'm not too sure whether it is the magi from fortissimo that will have their powers stripped away since this is probably taking place in Reiji and Sakura's new world, where all the magi either forgot that they were magi or they completely lost their power. I'm guessing that the magi this time will be the three girls. From the church, I'm guessing its role will be the mediator of the war like in f/sn, since fortissimo is very similar to f/sn.

As for how the runes work from fortissimo, I'm pretty sure some runes do not require their magic weapon to use them. For example, Reiji's Fenriswolf was his own creation, meaning as long as he has enough mana for it in his mana pool, then he is free to use it. Pretty sure that is what happened when Odin cut his connection with Sakura and sent her to another world in Momiji's route. Other runes, like Ryuuichi's use of thunder and skills related to thunder require his magic weapons, his bandana, glove, and gauntlet, to use the runes for his skills. I'm pretty sure there are others who do not depend on their magic weapons to use their runes. One other that I could name is Jin in Momiji's route where he does not use his weapon to use the flame of loge.
Mar 19, 2014 11:25 PM

Feb 2009
Yoxal: My pleasure, I actually used KanjiTomo to look up kanji I didn't recognize myself.

Hmm, I'm still debating whether these antimagus were from an ancient war, or were they created using science.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the PV wants to imply they were created in the modern day: it calls them the "ultimate crystallization of human intellect" and says that the kiseki is a fringe science (超科学) weapon.

Interesting, theory you have there, though I'm not too sure whether it is the magi from fortissimo that will have their powers stripped away since this is probably taking place in Reiji and Sakura's new world, where all the magi either forgot that they were magi or they completely lost their power.

Wow, I totally forgot that their magical power was sacrificed during Ultimate Magic. Probably because I've been focusing on all the other unexplained things. Although (EXS spoiler)

As for how the runes work from fortissimo, I'm pretty sure some runes do not require their magic weapon to use them.

Nice explanation, that makes sense to me. I'll assume that mahou initially awakens a person's magic power, provides a magical power-based super-recovery ability, results in the formation of a weapon with its own associated runes, and magical power is formed by strong emotions and then transmitted to the weapon by default--but even without the weapon's runes and the recovery ability, the mahoutsukai can always summon strong emotions to create more magical power in themselves, and any non-weapon-related runes they learned would be available... I think that makes sense. It's too bad I didn't pay closer attention to the infodumping in fortissimo.
Apr 9, 2014 6:33 PM

Oct 2010
A few things were posted on Kamiya Suguru's twitter today:

セブンス・コード
『七聖騎士団』第七席(末席)、ナンバー07のフレイア=シュヴェルトライテ
            シュヴェルトライテ
与えられたコードネームは、❝白銀の聖剣❞
通称「フレイア」で、三属性を持つ希有なタイプの双剣士です
物語の中心にして基本視点でもあります

セブンス・コード
『七聖騎士団』第六席、ナンバー06はアマテラス=姫 神琴(ひるめ みこと)
セブンス・コードで希有な日本人!(笑
         アマテラス
コードネームは、❝天照らす太陽❞
通称「ミコト」で、爆炎の属性を持つちます(武器はヒミツ)
成人してます

セブンス・コード
『七聖騎士団』第五席、ナンバー05はアリシア=カテリーネ
          カテリーネ
コードネームは、❝純真無垢な闇❞

通称「アリシア」で、闇属性を持つヌイグルミ(人形)使いです
若手三人娘の可愛い担当です

If anyone wants to translate that, feel free. What I got was:

The Seventh Code
[Seven Holy Knights] The Seventh Seat (the lowest seat). No. 7 - Freya = Shuverutoraite
The codename that was given to her, "Shuverutoraite", means Holy Silver Sword.
Commonly known as [Freya], she is a rare type of knight/swordsman that is able to use three different attributes/types of magic.
She is the center of the story and the story is told in her point of view.

The Seventh Code
[Seven Holy Knights] The Sixth Seat. No. 6 - Amaterasu = Hime Kamikoto (Hirume Mikoto)
A rare Japanese girl in the Seventh Code.
The codename that was given to her, "Amaterasu", means "the sun that shines on the heavens".
Commonly known as [Mikoto], she is able to use explosive flame magic (her weapon is a secret).
The last sentence probably means that she has grown up to the age where she can use flames.

The Seventh Code
[Seven Holy Knights] The fifth seat. No. 5 - Alicia = Katherine
The codename that was given to her, "Katherine", means "pure innocent darkness".
Commonly known as [Alicia], she is a dark magic user that uses a stuffed toy (doll).
The last sentence probably means she is the eldest daughter in her family and is in charge of her three sisters.
YoxalLoyalApr 9, 2014 9:18 PM
Apr 11, 2014 3:40 AM

Feb 2009
Cool info. Regarding the last sentences for Mikoto and Alicia, I think he's saying that Mikoto acts like an adult (the class rep-type) and that Alicia is "the cute one" of those 3 characters.

Now Mikoto even more reminds me of Misuzu from 11eyes (my favorite character from that game).

I just checked the other tweets and found him implying there's another protagonist besides Freya. I'm personally getting a serious vibe that some/most of fortissimo's cast is returning to Kadenz.

I've had to forcibly suppress much of my hype for Kadenz recently, because I'm increasingly worried that it will be a console release... Normally you wouldn't expect a sequel to a PC game to come out on a console, but some stuff I read on 2ch about the server belonging to 5pb and the suspiciously delayed platform announcement, along with my own thoughts about why Kadenz deliberately isn't being marketed as a sequel, have just added to my concerns. I don't have a PS3 or Xbox 360...
Apr 11, 2014 6:51 PM

Oct 2010
MattW said:
I've had to forcibly suppress much of my hype for Kadenz recently, because I'm increasingly worried that it will be a console release... Normally you wouldn't expect a sequel to a PC game to come out on a console, but some stuff I read on 2ch about the server belonging to 5pb and the suspiciously delayed platform announcement, along with my own thoughts about why Kadenz deliberately isn't being marketed as a sequel, have just added to my concerns. I don't have a PS3 or Xbox 360...

Lol you may be right that this is for console:

Because it's 5pb.

I just hope La'cryma decides to do a PC port if Kadenz gets a console release since all their releases are for PC.

Btw, Mikoto reminds me more of Akiha from Tsukihime since they are both fire users with the ability to change their hair color. Plus, from what you are saying, she is more lady-like like Akiha. I remember a pic where Mikoto's natural hair colour is black/dark brown.

Alicia is one of those lolis that carry a creepy looking doll around and may have two sides to her character.

Anyway, I too am hyped for Kadenz and hope that 5pb and La'cryma release it as multi-platform, including PC.
Apr 12, 2014 4:20 AM

Feb 2009
I see, I totally missed that... x.x Clever of them to use English to reveal that. You pay really close attention. Yeah, I'm hopeful for a PC port too (though I think it won't be announced until after the console release). I get the feeling Kamiya wants to deliver Kadenz to fortissimo fans in spite of the corporate circumstances that are causing it to apparently end up on a console.

By the way, having just now Googled 成人してます for examples, I'll change my personal assessment of its meaning to "she's a [working] adult / has come of age socially", i.e. about Mikoto's social status rather than personality.
Jun 10, 2014 1:32 PM

Oct 2010
After nearly three months of waiting, we finally get some more news on Kadenz fermata. There will be a new feature called a F.F. OBS (free fight orchestra battle system). I'm not too sure what this is (hopefully its anything other than song games) but it sounds pretty cool so far. The June volume of famitsu will probably tell us more, especially those characters shown. The cg also looks great so far.

Article about new features of the game

Edit: Even more info from today's article, with a sneak peak at the cgs: Another Article

And I have bad news...the game is for PSVita. Noooooooooo!!!
YoxalLoyalJun 11, 2014 2:49 PM
Jun 12, 2014 8:43 AM

Oct 2010
Double Posting, but the main site has been updated at long last!!! Check it out with a new key visual of all the members of The Seven Holy Knights! Also, Freya, Mikoto, and Alica's bios, stats, and skills have been added.

Freya's Bio

Mikoto's Bio

Alicia's Bio
Jun 13, 2014 6:22 PM

Feb 2009
Excellent news. I was a couple of days late noticing the news, but after going through Kamiya's tweets I think I'm starting to get a good idea of what info's been released.

- Platform: Kamiya said he wants to make a game that couldn't exist on the PC, which makes me less hopeful about the prospect of a PC port. He implied one of the battle systems has some feature that's Vita-specific... Maybe something related to a touchscreen. But he's not outright denying the possibility, and I doubt he's making a game which couldn't possibly translate to the PC--the Vita doesn't have an accelerometer or anything, right? On a side note, my brief research seems to indicate the Vita is region-free and around $200.
- F.F. OBS (FF): The player makes a real-time decision about when to fire off a special technique (it looks like it's referring to something that's kisekitsukai-specific). Depending on the timing, which one (in the case of multiple available techniques), or whether the player decides to use it at all, the story can move in different directions. There are 2 other so far unrevealed battle systems, "FA" and "EXS".
- Seventh Chord's members from left to right: Irmfried, the 3 we're well aware of, Julius, ?, Julia?, ?.
- The Famitsu article indicates that Freya's first mission is to defeat 7 mahoutsukai in coordination with the other knights, if I'm reading it right... This is the most interesting piece of news to me. If it were possible to assume they're all mahoutsukai from fortissimo, I wonder which ones they might be? I'd like it if they were Reiji (with Sakura), Momiji, Sayuki, Jin, Ayane, Ryuuichi, and Nagisa. It'd be Reiji + the 3 girls who like him, Jin and Ayane as wildcards, and the idiot couple.
- Kamiya thinks kadenz might end up even longer than FA.

Edit: I had to remove a lot of Japanese because MAL is currently broken in that regard.
MattWJun 13, 2014 6:38 PM
Jun 20, 2014 6:36 AM

Oct 2010
Found this new article by Google imaging lolz.

New Article

It introduces us to the members of the Holy Knights (going in the order of the Holy Knights pic from the front page): Irmfried Burkhardt, Alicia Katherine, Mikoto Amaterasu, Freya Schwertleite, Julius Schariovalt (not sure if it is spelt like that but the kanji is シャリオヴァルト), Rudra Andalvait (again not sure if I'm translating this right; the kanji is アンダルファイト), Julia Cronoshunvaichen (lol made this up; the kanji is クロノシュネーヴァイシェン), and Faust Norbelt.

So from their bio, I get that:

Freya: Newest member, and joins as the seventh member of the Holy Knights. She is placed in a three-man cell with Mikoto and Alicia.

Mikoto: The sixth member of the Holy Knights. A member of the three-man cell with Freya and Alicia. She is 21-years old. Her synchronization with Freya is very high, and they participate in the front lines in battle.

Alicia: The fifth member of the Holy Knights. A very taciturn, docile, and shy girl, who never seems to let go of her stuffed doll. Though she still immature, she has some hidden abilities within her. She is in the three-man cell with Freya and Mikoto.

Julius: The zero member and leader of the Holy Knights. He is the older brother of Freya, and is probably has an incestual love for her. He is cold to everyone else, but is a gentle person towards his sister. He is the tactician of the whole group and does not participate in the fights very much. His team consists of Irmfried and Faust. Now for some fortissimo//Akkord references. He was a senior employee of Vorspa. You heard that right. He was probably one of the members that researched the O-parts with the other members. And now he is the leader of the group trying to defend the world from the mahoutsukai, which were created from these O-parts. Man that twist.

Irmfried: The first and strongest member of the Holy Knights. A cheerful man with a large build. He tends to help the other knights when they are in danger.

Faust: The second and most intellectual member of the Holy Knights. He serves as Julius' right-hand man. He usually tries to keep the group together, therefore he is an indispensable member of the group.

Julia: The third member of the Holy Knights. She is like Mikoto in that she is the elder sister type of the group. She is an influential and charismatic youth, and her superiority is even acknowledged by Faust as a hero.

Rudra: The fourth member of the Holy Knights. He was raised and grew up on the battlefield with Julia as a bodyguard.

So from all this, all I can say is I can't wait for the game, even though it is not for PC or PS3. From the plot, I'm thinking that it will be a science vs. magic war. Also with the connection from fortissimo, we will probably be getting more history or involvement of Vorspa, since Julius was a member.

Edit: I see that there are also some familial ties or friendly bonds to some of the members in the Holy Knights.

Freya and Julius = blood siblings with Julius as the elder brother to Freya.
Alicia and Irmfried = daughter and father respectively.
Julia and Rudra = both of them were raised together in the battlefield when they were younger.
YoxalLoyalJun 23, 2014 2:19 PM
Jun 21, 2014 10:48 AM

Apr 2008
Really glad I just bought a Vita, the game looks very interesting. Going to pre-order as soon as I can from Play Asia. Hopefully most lines are voiced so I can understand the game. Translating non-voiced lines is time consuming.
Aug 8, 2014 5:56 AM

Oct 2010
New Famitsu Article

Well everyone, great news. Our prediction was correct!!! The 7 mahoutsukai turns out to be everyone that MattW listed on post #16, so give him a round of applause!
MattW said:
The Famitsu article indicates that Freya's first mission is to defeat 7 mahoutsukai in coordination with the other knights, if I'm reading it right... This is the most interesting piece of news to me. If it were possible to assume they're all mahoutsukai from fortissimo, I wonder which ones they might be? I'd like it if they were Reiji (with Sakura), Momiji, Sayuki, Jin, Ayane, Ryuuichi, and Nagisa. It'd be Reiji + the 3 girls who like him, Jin and Ayane as wildcards, and the idiot couple.

All of our lovable characters are back. Kuri also made it in, as you can see from one of the new cgs, so I am hyped for her return.

Nothing much to say about the article, since it just has lots of images with redrawn character images for the older characters, and also character images for the Holy Knights. Other than the fact that these two groups will fight each other, nothing else was said.

The voice actors for all of the characters were also revealed:

Reiji - Jun Oosuka
Sakura - Yoshino Nanjo
Ryuuichi - Takahiro Mizushima
Nagisa - Hiroko Taguchi
Sayuki - Ai Kitano (seems like she was the only one who has a different VA with Aoba Ringo being her VA from fortissimo.)
Momiji - Nozomi Yoneshima
Ayane - Aina Kase
Jin - Eimi Okada
Freya - Kondo Yui
Amaterasu - Yahagi Sayuri
Alicia - Kahara Yuu
Alicia's Doll - Tanezaki Atsumi
Julius - Satou Takuya
Irmfried - Kusunoki Taiten
Faust - Haruo Satou
Julia - Sonozaki Mie
Rudra - Kanmuri Michiko

So what are your thoughts to the news. I am so hyped for this game, but at the same time a little depressed that it is for PSVita.
YoxalLoyalAug 11, 2014 8:35 PM
Aug 10, 2014 12:59 AM

Feb 2009
Awesome news indeed.

Parts of the mahoutsukai profiles on the site and Kamiya's tweets that I found intriguing:

- The player can choose between Freya's and Reiji's point of view, and can use Reiji's special moves like Fenriswolf.
- Sayuki has Sköll and Hati!!!!!
- No word about romance: Ryuuichi and Nagisa's profiles don't mention each other. Momiji is deredere for Reiji. Sayuki's feelings for her brother sometimes cross the line. Ayane protects Reiji and eliminates his enemies. Nothing romantic on Sakura's page.

Yay to Kuri returning. Considering how she deserved to be treated much better in fortissimo, that CG with her is fantastic. Her being able to wear a swimsuit naturally with everyone is more than I ever hoped for. I seriously hope the scenario is really as long as Kamiya thought it might be, and that there are tons of slice of life scenes.

Kamiya keeps emphasizing how you use special moves "with your own hand", it looks like the Vita does have an accelerometer, and he said that he's making a game which could only work on the Vita... But what's been shown of the system so far just involves pressing buttons.

By the way, my full theory after seeing that those 7 are the knights' targets is (spoilers for EXS):

This is all very HMMMM. I hope that more info about the characters from fortissimo is revealed before the release. After which I may have to avoid all info until the PC version is announced.
Aug 10, 2014 5:36 AM

Oct 2010
Hmm nice theory you have there. Maybe one thing to help your theory is Vorspa's involvement in all this. Spoilers from Sakura's route

Lol that wall of speculation. Btw Matt, are you good at translating names? If so, do you mind if you can give me a hand with these ones:

Julius: シャリオヴァルト - Shariovaruto
Julia: クロノシュネーヴァイシェン - Kuronoshunevaishen
Rudra: アンダルファイト - Andarufaito

And I have been trying to translate the battle data for the Holy Knights. So far, Amaterasu has been the easiest person for me to do because of wikipedia lol. From what I can see, these knights' data are pretty average compared to the mahoutsukai, but maybe I am giving the mahoutsukai too much credit for being Op'ed.

Edit: I finished translating all of the characters' battle data. I'm going to post it here in case anyone wants to see it. Long post here we go

Reiji Yoshino

Magical Weapon: Sakura
Magical Ability: Da Capo
Mythical Magic: Fenris Wolf
Technical Skill: Urtharbruunr
Battle Status:
Power - D (increased from F to D)
Agility - B
Magic Power/Ability or Mana - S
Technique Ability - S
Fighting Style: Magic enhanced hand-to-hand close combat.

Sakura

Magical Weapon: Sunlight (Mana Source)
Magical Ability: Da Capo (I have no idea why she has Da Capo, considering she never used it in the original fortissimo games)
Mythical Magic: Laevateinn
Technical Skill: Mimisbruunr
Battle Status:
Power - E (lowered from S to E...ouch why is she so weak now?)
Agility - D
Magic Power/Ability or Mana - A
Technique Ability - A
Fighting Style: Using sunlight to cast magic abilities.

Ryuuichi Sumeragi

Magical Weapons: Mjöllnir & Megingjörð
Magical Ability: Nothung
Mythical Magic: Thor's Hammer
Technical Skill: Turbulence
Battle Status:
Power - C (lowered from S to C...ouch again)
Agility - A
Magic Power/Ability or Mana - B
Technique Ability - A
Fighting Style: Eliminating everything in a single strike (aka Thor's Hammer fullaccess).

Nagisa Suzushiro

Magical Weapon: Svafrlami
Magical Ability: Tyrfing
Mythical Magic: Achilles Paradox
Technical Skill: Sacred Waltz
Battle Status:
Power - B (increased from C to B)
Agility - D
Technique Ability - S
Fighting Style: Limited counterattack with one strike.

Sayuki Kurobane

Magical Weapons: Utamaru & Archimedes + Sköll & Hati
Magical Ability: Weiss Schwarz and Alsvior
Mythical Magic: Sturm Kreuz
Technical Skill: Flugel Blitz
Battle Status:
Power - D
Agility - S
Magic Power/Ability or Mana - C
Technique Ability - D
Fighting Style: Long ranged combat with dual wielding guns.

Momiji Satomura

Magical Weapon: Grimoire
Magical Ability: L'Arc En Ciel
Mythical Magic: Judgment
Technical Skill: Gleipnir
Battle Status:
Power - C
Agility - D
Technique Ability - B
Fighting Style: Judging a single person with a magical beam.

Ayane Amamiya (Valkyrie)

Magical Weapon: Stringroad
Magical Ability: Brinsingamen
Mythical Magic: Dainsleif
Technical Skill: Skinfaxi
Battle Status:
Power - C (lowered from A to C)
Agility - C
Technique Ability - A
Fighting Style: Waltz of threads that produce kinetic energy.

Jin Arizuka

Magical Weapon: Gjallarhorn
Magical Ability: Arcadia Jinx
Mythical Magic: Forbes Blutgang
Technical Skill: Himinbjorg
Battle Status:
Power - F
Agility - E
Technique Ability - A
Fighting Style: Using the power of words to come to reality.

Now onto the Kadenz fermata characters. Their data is very different compared to the fortissimo characters in that they use miracles and attributes instead of runes and magical abilities. Also, I believe the miracles come in the form of weapons.

Freya=Schwertleite

Attribute: Moonlight
Miracles (aka weapon):
Multi-purpose miracle sword <<Schwertleite - Eins>>
Multi-purpose miracle sword <<Schwertleite - Zwei>>
Mythical Magic: Midgard's Wolf
Battle Status:
Power - B
Agility - B
Technique Ability - C
Fighting Style: Close combat with dual-wielding weapons and hand-to-hand combat.

Amaterasu=Hirume Mikoto

Attribute: Explosive Flames
Miracles:
Three Sacred Treasures - Sword <<Kusanagi no Tsurugi>>
Three Sacred Treasures - Mirror <<Yata no Kagami>>
Three Sacred Treasures - Orb <<Yasakani no Magatama>>
Mythical Magic: Kagero - Ageha Wakitsurugi (pretty sure this is wrong lolz)
Battle Status:
Power - A
Agility - C
Technique Ability - B
Fighting Style: Tactically adapting to the situation.

Alicia=Katharina

Attribute: Everlasting Darkness
Miracle: Artificial Intelligence Stuffed Doll <<Toy Box>>
Mythical Magic: Pyxis
Battle Status:
Power - D
Agility - E
Technique Ability - D
Fighting Style: Long ranged puppet munipulation.

Julius=Chariowald

Attribute: Unknown
Miracle: Unknown
Mythical Magic: Unknown
Battle Status:
Power - ?
Agility - ?
Magic Power/Ability or Mana - ?
Technique Ability - ?
Fighting Style: Unknown

Irmfried=Burkhardt

Attribute: Holy
Miracle: Super-sized Gauntlet Tonfa <<Val Tobruk>>
Mythical Magic: Heidelberg
Battle Status:
Power - S
Agility - B
Magic Power/Ability or Mana - S
Technique Ability - D
Fighting Style: Proximity destruction and defense against destructive power.

Faust=Norbert

Attribute: Absolute Ice
Miracle: Training White Cane <>
Mythical Magic: Hakujoenbu
Battle Status:
Power - B
Agility - D
Technique Ability - C
Fighting Style: Extreme counterattack fencing.

Julia=Chronoschneeweisschen (idk how we came to this name lolz)

Attribute: Unknown
Miracle: Sniper Coffin <<Faller - Kairos/Cairos>>
Mythical Magic: Unknown
Battle Status:
Power - B
Agility - C
Technique Ability - S
Fighting Style: Super long-ranged multiangular sniping.

Rudra=Andalfite

Attribute: Rouge Thunder (Rouge Flame anyone?)
Miracle: Dual Spears <<Vajura and Vajira>>
Mythical Magic: Rig Veda
Battle Status:
Power - B
Agility - A
Magic Power/Ability or Mana - D
Technique Ability - C
Fighting Style: Martial arts with twin thunder spears.
YoxalLoyalSep 4, 2014 12:24 PM
Aug 12, 2014 1:27 AM

Feb 2009
I think you're probably right about the knights' motive. That fits with my impression of what I've read. It might be a bit more complicated than that if they're going after Reiji's group in particular, but I wonder if Kamiya/La'cryma will go into more detail before it comes out.

It occurs to me that half the mahoutsukai in fortissimo were homicidal (Odin + the 3 in Jin's faction, Sanada, even Hinako near the end... well, essentially everyone else too once they realized they needed to kill people to gain power to survive and whatnot). They probably have a bad reputation, local superhero Sayuki aside. There are a lot of unclear things about the setting that had better get addressed in Kadenz...

YoxalLoyal said:
Btw Matt, are you good at translating names?

Not at all, but I can offer my guesses for the ones you mentioned based on some research.

Good work with the battle data. The points about Sakura you mentioned remind me of a post I read a while back on 2ch:

Power - C (lowered from S to C...ouch again)
Fighting Style: Eliminating everything in a single strike (aka Thor's Hammer fullaccess).

Ryuuichi can't use Full Access anymore because it utilizes the 9 parallel worlds and now there's only 1. That should be at least part of why his power is down from S to C.
Aug 12, 2014 1:38 PM

Oct 2010
Thanks for the help on those names Matt. For now, I have decided to finalize each of these names as:
Chronoschneeweisschen (I am still thinking what Kamiya was thinking when he made this surname up lolz)
Andalfite

In other news, I have been discussing what happened to the mahoutsukai after Ragnarok, and it seems like all the winners, like you said, retained their magic and were able to go into fullaccess mode. So I would guess that the mahoutsukais not shown were either turned human again, or were defeated by the Holy Knights before the game started since they were not able to access fullaccess mode.

Also, the opening for Kadenz fermata will be titled "fermata ~Akkord:fortissimo~" sung by fripSide. The sample can be heard here: fermata ~Akkord:fortissimo~

Edit: Julius' surname is confirmed to be spelled Chariowald in one of the new wallpapers from the site.
YoxalLoyalAug 14, 2014 8:16 PM
Sep 7, 2014 7:13 AM

Apr 2008
Really looking forward to this game, but it's a bit sad that Odin won't have a major role. I guess Odin would break the balance in the game. Might also feel weird due to Sayuki's seiyuu changing.

Thanks for all the news!
RizorSep 7, 2014 7:17 AM
Sep 7, 2014 8:59 AM

Oct 2010
More news. This time, it is images and screenshots.

Anyone see the family resemblance?

The new Sakura character art

Some in-game screenshots showing the new and old characters. At least the in-game sprites for the older characters haven't changed, though it would feel weird seeing them pair up with the newer character's sprites since the artist changed his style a bit.

Edit: The full version of the opening has been released. Anyone who wants the download link, pm me.

fermata ~Akkord:fortissimo~ is actually better than I thought. I guess they showed us the repeated parts, but there are some variety within the song. Now if only we could see a new pv with this opening...Hopefully by the end of this month or early next month is when we get a new pv.
YoxalLoyalSep 12, 2014 8:21 PM
Sep 11, 2014 6:10 AM

Oct 2010
So, who else is excited for Kadenz fermata this winter? I will be pre-ordering it on the day it gets on Amiami just to get that soundtrack CD and the paper knife. And also to get that costume code. fortissimo x the science fiction series will be awesome to see. We already get a glimpse of Freya as Kurisu, Alicia as Feyris, and Mikoto as a Tanegashima student.

Looking good so far.

Wonder if Freya will be a tsundere too?

That maid outfit totally fits Alicia.

I guess any school outfit fits Mikoto.
Sep 12, 2014 2:01 PM

Oct 2010
Kadenz fermata will be at TGS next week!!! Look forward to the new pv. To get the hype started, here are some screenshots from the pv:

And is this what I think it is? Animated sequences from the PV too! At least I think it is animated cuz that quality looks way too good and smooth to be a cg.

Also, some character card you get if you attend the TGS from the 5pb. booth
Sep 22, 2014 4:27 AM

Oct 2010
THE NEW PV IS FINALLY OUT!!!

The animated scenes were AWESOME!!! Though they were only in Freya and Julius's segments. The voices fit the characters very well, though Freya's voice was not what I had expect. The cgs shown was also beautiful. The bgm also brings a refreshing feel to the battles in the future. This was only the Seven Holy Knights PV, so we will probably have the Mahoutsukai side PV soon.
Sep 22, 2014 6:52 PM

Apr 2008
Can't wait for Mahoutsukai side PV, definitely going to play that side first.
Sep 27, 2014 6:59 AM

Oct 2010
So, any predictions on the battle match-ups between the Mahoutsukai and the Holy Knights? So far, there are three battles that have been confirmed:
Reiji vs. Freya (as if this wasn't obvious)
Nagisa vs. Faust
Ayane/Valkyrie vs. Alicia

These are my predictions for the rest:
Ryuuichi vs. Irmfired (both are pretty powerful guys with a powerful defense to boot)
Sayuki vs. Julia (both have long ranged firearms)
Momiji vs. Mikoto (process of elimination?)
Jin vs. Rudra (battle of egos)
Oct 9, 2014 10:32 PM

Oct 2010
Kadenz fermata OP released!

Sayuki now has Lindwurm, and Momiji has inherited Utamaru and Archimedes!!! Can't wait to see them fight together.
Oct 20, 2014 8:07 PM

Feb 2009
The battle system demo video you mentioned in the in the club comments (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfjnIM_SoaM) looks amazing. I love how Freya attacks Mikoto mid-sentence at 3:40, and the narration says that Freya is cutting to pieces both Mikoto and her words. Now I really want to play this personally, without foreknowledge or assistance (I'll be fading away from threads with spoilers once it comes out).

As far as I can tell, the battle system doesn't use the accelerometer, so I still don't understand why Kamiya said "this is a game that's only possible to make on the Vita". I hope it was just marketing nonsense and that the PC version will come eventually. I'm willing to wait.
Oct 30, 2014 5:52 AM

Oct 2010
Twitter Icons that La'cryma released today. Glad to see some of the other mahoutsukai.

Kiseki Side

Mahou Side

Edit: So huge update from La'cryma today with lots of pictures. More icons, wallpapers, and some interesting reveals.

First, screenshot time!

So the protagonist system is back. This time, you get to choose between Freya or Reiji, though I know which side people are going to choose. XD

Looks like a spread sheet for all the days and paths you've chosen. Found something interesting in this one (hint: look at the bottom left). Vorspa is definitely controlling the Seven Knights.

Second, found something that peaked my interest in this pic (the blue and red ones): Is Freya suddenly a devil and Sakura an angel? Lol looks like a black aura behind Freya and Sakura grew wings.

Third, some more icons and wallpapers for Twitter. Putting them in spoilers to save space.

Kiseki Side:

Icons

Wallpaper

Banner

Mahou Side:

Icons

Wallpapers

Banner

Fourth, seems like the system page has been updated too with a sample spreadsheet of what your 'routes' could be in the game.

Last, the official names of the members of the Holy Knights have been revealed. Can't believe I actually got 6/8 of the members' names correct.

Julius=Chariowald
Irmfrid=Burkhard
Faust=Norbert
Yuria=Chrono-schnee weizen (no matter how I look at it, this is a weird name...especially when you have three names as one surname)
Rudra=Andalfite
Alicia=Katharina
Amaterasu=Hirume Mikoto
Freya=Schwertleite

It was pretty hard to make out these names with that font they used. And that SAMPLE did not help either
YoxalLoyalOct 31, 2014 9:00 AM
Nov 20, 2014 4:38 AM

Oct 2010
With the other fortissimo characters being revealed, I decided to translate their battle data. These guys weren't as hard as the previous set of characters were.

Umi Kajiura

Magical Weapon: Shining Memories
Magical Ability: Galaxy Angel
Mythical Magic: None
Technical Skill: None
Battle Status:
Power - F
Agility - D
Technique Ability - ?
Fighting Style: Copying other mahoutsukai's magical weapons and using them.

Hinako Takamine

Magical Weapon: Sweet Home
Magical Ability: Aegis Maiden
Battle Status:
Power - E
Agility - F
Technique Ability - A
Fighting Style: Creating an absolute defense.

Keisuke Sanada

Magical Weapon: Mistilteinn
Magical Ability: Storm Bringer
Battle Status:
Power - C
Agility - C
Technique Ability - B
Fighting Style: Draining oppenents' energy with cards.

Kengo Kirisaki

Magical Weapon: Stream Field
Magical Ability: Irenaeus
Mythical Magic: Nero Apocalypse
Battle Status:
Power - B
Agility - C
Technique Ability - D
Fighting Style: Offensive attacks with 665 knives (the last one he is always holding on to).

Hagane Todoroki

Magical Weapon: Eckesachs
Magical Ability: Graviton Press
Technical Skill: Selfishness
Battle Status:
Power - A
Agility - E
Magic Power/Ability or Mana - D
Technique Ability - B
Fighting Style: A barrage of heavy attacks.

Other than that, a full cast list has been updated:

VAs that voice only one character:

Reiji - Jun Oosuka
Sakura - Yoshino Nanjo
Ryuuichi - Takahiro Mizushima
Nagisa - Hiroko Taguchi
Sayuki - Ai Kitano (seems like she was the only one who has a different VA with Aoba Ringo being her VA from fortissimo.)
Momiji - Nozomi Yoneshima
Jin - Eimi Okada
Umi - Tae Okajima
Hinako - Tomoe Tamiyasu
Freya - Yui Kondo
Amaterasu - Sayuri Yahagi
Alicia - Yuu Kahara
Toy Box - Atsumi Tanezaki
Julius - Takuya Satou
Irmfried - Taiten Kusunoki
Faust - Haruo Satou
Julia - Mie Sonozaki
Rudra - Michiko Kaiden
Ichigo - Mami Uchida
Kuri - Minaho Matsudaira
Miki - Rei Matsuzaki
Sousei - Kousuke Toriumi
SAKURA - Yoshino Nanjo
Camellia - Ai Kakuma

VAs that voice more than one characters:

Ayane and Hiyori - Aina Kase
Keisuke and Kengo - Kouji Yusa
Hagane and [Shishou] - Kazuya Ichijo
Dec 6, 2014 8:51 PM

Apr 2008
Played the demo a bit and so far the game looks like it will be pretty good. Ayane sounds a bit different though...

My favourite line of the game so far:

RizorDec 6, 2014 8:57 PM
Dec 7, 2014 6:21 AM

Oct 2010
Rizor said:
Played the demo a bit and so far the game looks like it will be pretty good. Ayane sounds a bit different though...

My favourite line of the game so far:

Oh nice! How was the gameplay and story so far? Lmao even Julius knows they didn't stand a chance if Odin the god of hax was still a mahoutsukai. Lucky for him, he is at home enjoying his time with his waifu.
Dec 7, 2014 10:15 AM

Apr 2008
Interesting so far they brought up a term -
. Right now the Kiseki side is preparing and they are explaining powers and tactics. I didn't really have the time to translate the non-voiced Japanese parts as it takes me a 2-10 mins per line. Going by the voiced only parts the new characters have interesting personalities, especially Irmfried, as he reminds of Iskandar from Fate/Zero.
Dec 8, 2014 5:02 AM

Oct 2010
Heh, I knew Irmfrid gave off some Iskandar vibes. I think I have seen that 'term' as I was translating something related to Kadenz. Not sure where I saw it though. So, anything new on the Mahou side? Or is the Kiseki side the only playable side for the demo?
Dec 9, 2014 5:41 PM

Apr 2008
Yeah, the part I'm on right now just switched to Reiji's point of view. So far just slice of life with the main cast. I'll post more probably on the weekend.
Dec 9, 2014 8:09 PM

Oct 2010
Nice. Figured it would showcase our fortissimo characters living their normal lives again. The full game is coming out in 2 days (maybe 1 more day depending on your time zone). Hopefully we get to see some gameplay on youtube. My copy probably won't be coming until Christmas. Should probably get a Vita soon too.
Dec 13, 2014 9:06 AM

Apr 2008
Normal lives didn't go on for long...

Also I can't tell if Sayuki's seiyuu really changed, as she only had one voiced word in the demo. I guess I have to wait until the full game to find out. I feel as though the sound quality on the vita is a step down from the visual novel, possibly to keep the size of the game smaller.

I recommend the old OLED screen vita, I bought a refurbished one from Gamestop, they have a better quality screen than the new one I believe.
RizorDec 13, 2014 8:25 PM
Dec 13, 2014 9:30 AM

Oct 2010
Nice! Thanks for the spoilers Rizor. I saw some spoiler screenshots of some scenes in the game, and I gotta say, Kadenz is going to be a wild ride. From the screenshots I saw, it was disappointing that some of the sprites don't even fit the Vita screen. Also, it is a shame that the sound quality dropped from PC to Vita. Hopefully we get a port soon.

Onto some of the things you mentioned:
- Alicia does have a split personality. You could see her shadow in the Mahou side opening. Not sure if you've seen her in-game, but she looks creepy as hell.
- The third party could be Camellia (that green-like entity that is shown in the characters page) controlling the armor. Also, the weapons look like Julius's (I don't blame you for mismatching the two since they both look nearly the same)
- Lol "Barrier Jacket" reminds me a lot of Nanoha. Except it does the opposite, which I find ironic

Can't wait to get my hands on the game itself. It's a shame that I might have to buy the discount package for the Vita (the one with Borderlands 2). Not sure if that is the good or bad one though.
Dec 13, 2014 8:25 PM

Apr 2008
Lol, I just looked at some of the promo pics of Julius and the main Kadenz fermata logo, didn't realize Julius use those weapons. The demo does show a scene of Alicia with a scythe, interested to see how her role in the story will turn out.

Hmm... Also about Camellia I just check the profile page, seems like it may have a connection with Freya and Julius. At the end of the demo
looks like the story is something to really look forward to.

I feel like that I may put the effort to translate at least the important scenes to fully understand the story.

The Vita slim does include 1gb of internal memory so it's not a bad deal and the battery life is longer as well.
Dec 14, 2014 1:14 PM

Oct 2010
Saw the demo version playthrough by a Twitch user and the livestream that was going on this morning, and I gotta say, I am impressed. The fights look pretty good, and that soundtrack is epic.

Glad that the Vita slim is good, cuz I'm getting it this week.

Edit: Finally got my game. First playthrough is going to be all about the Kisekitsukai. Just finished my first 'playthrough'. La'cryma trolled us good by making the first playthrough one where you have to lose to the OP'ed final boss. Also, the battle system is pretty hard.
YoxalLoyalDec 24, 2014 7:05 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Fortissimo FA to be "Translated" to English but at a Terrible Price

YoxalLoyal - May 26, 2018

0 by YoxalLoyal »»
May 26, 2018 10:55 PM

» fortissimo EXS//Akkord:nächsten Phase Ahorn der Flamme Alternate Ending: Gaia:Uranus Fan Project

YoxalLoyal - Jun 3, 2015

7 by YoxalLoyal »»
Mar 13, 2018 10:21 AM

» [SPOILERS] Fortissimoverse Future Entry Speculation and Discussion

YoxalLoyal - Jun 30, 2016

3 by -Testarossa- »»
Jul 3, 2016 11:43 AM

Sticky: » [MASSIVE SPOILERS] Kadenz fermata//Akkord:fortissimo General Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

YoxalLoyal - Dec 26, 2014

102 by YoxalLoyal »»
Mar 18, 2016 5:45 PM

» [SPOILERS] VERSUS Series: fortissimo Edition

YoxalLoyal - Nov 28, 2015

1 by YoxalLoyal »»
Nov 28, 2015 9:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.