Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 23, 2013 2:32 PM

May 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dafuq Cell is not dead? How is that even possible!? Goku sacrificed himself and kaio-sama with teleporting him there and he's not even dead and he even killed Trunks! Damn this doesn't look good, but lets see what's next!
Dec 9, 2013 10:20 AM
Sep 2010
No!!! Can't believe Goku died. How is Cell still alive though. He's going to be harder to beat now.
Uploader53
Jan 5, 2014 6:20 AM

Jun 2009
Cya Goku and Trunks, hello Super Perfect Cell.
loghneckbeardJan 5, 2014 6:26 AM
Jan 6, 2014 3:12 PM

Apr 2010
Is Vegeta finally gonna get it together? Sheesh.

Apr 3, 2014 5:47 PM

Oct 2009
I don't get it, why Instantaneously Move just in the last second? Cell himself said that he wouldn't be able to stop even if he wanted to, and there was a whole minute remaining! So Goku could take him to Kaio-sama's place, take Kaio-sama, Bubbles and Gregory with him and Instantaneously Move back to Earth.
And I wonder how are they going to bring Goku back to life this time. They can ask Polunga since he wasn't brought back to life after he fought Freeza
Why are Kaio-sama and Goku looking for Cell's spirit? Cell is Artificial Human, you know. Or do they mean to say that Artificial Humans No. 17 or No. 18 have spirits as well, since they are human-based?

RafaelDeJongh said:
Dafuq Cell is not dead? How is that even possible!?

Uploader53 said:
How is Cell still alive though.

We can see in the preview how. And it is a nice plot twist - he will become even more powerful after returning from the brink of death since he has Saiyan's cells

KitaTsuki said:
Is Vegeta finally gonna get it together? Sheesh.

Seems that way. Will he actually care about his son dying?
SerhiykoApr 4, 2014 12:14 AM
Apr 7, 2014 8:03 PM

Feb 2013
Serhiyko said:
I don't get it, why Instantaneously Move just in the last second? Cell himself said that he wouldn't be able to stop even if he wanted to, and there was a whole minute remaining! So Goku could take him to Kaio-sama's place, take Kaio-sama, Bubbles and Gregory with him and Instantaneously Move back to Earth.
And I wonder how are they going to bring Goku back to life this time. They can ask Polunga since he wasn't brought back to life after he fought Freeza
Why are Kaio-sama and Goku looking for Cell's spirit? Cell is Artificial Human, you know. Or do they mean to say that Artificial Humans No. 17 or No. 18 have spirits as well, since they are human-based
Because in the Manga Cell exploded a lot faster, as soon as Goku got to him and teleported to King Kais he exploded almost instantly. The anime just added a bunch of filler that made it seem like he had a lot more time.

Also 17 and 18 were originally human, Dr. Gero basically kidnapped them and turned them into cyborgs against their will. Cell is also a living organic being not a machine, so it would make sense for him to have a spirit.
Apr 8, 2014 5:34 AM

Oct 2009
Shape430 said:
Because in the Manga Cell exploded a lot faster, as soon as Goku got to him and teleported to King Kais he exploded almost instantly. The anime just added a bunch of filler that made it seem like he had a lot more time.

Oh, I see
Nov 28, 2015 3:20 PM

Feb 2014
What the hell?! I was like damn, Goku sacrificed himself to save the Earth but now I'm pissed off!
If you don't like me, acquire some taste
Jun 7, 2016 8:40 PM

Aug 2013
Poor King Kai, but for real where else could Goku have gone, Cell's attack was strong enough to destroy a planet and it's not like he had a whole of choices.
Aug 7, 2016 8:37 PM

Feb 2016
R.I.P Goku -- King Kai -- Bubbles (The Monkey) -- Gregory (The Cricket... or whatever)

I guess Snake Way isn't exactly gonna connect to anything now... maybe he can get his planet remade somehow? Talk to King Yemma or whatever his name was? Maybe?

Looks like Cell is back and improved... he has like the same aura as Gohan with the electricity... are Dr.Gero's DNA Collector Mircobots still around and they nabbed some of Gohan's after Cell's Initial Death?... Looks like a dilly of a pickle we got here... if Cell has the power of Gohan's Transformation then... who knows how this will change things... =/

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
Aug 24, 2016 12:21 PM

Sep 2013
Everyone is missing the real tragedy of this episode....POOR GREGORY and BUBBLES!!!!!!!!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Feb 10, 2020 3:01 AM

Mar 2010
This was some unexpected turn of events. So this means Goku will remain dead? And is it the end of Future Trunks too or will he get revived (which is possible).

It was hard to watch Gohan as he wasted his chance to kill Cell off earlier, leading to his fathers death.

And to make things even worse Cell survived this. And why the fuck is he in his perfect shape again?
Apr 21, 2020 1:30 AM

Jul 2008
WTF! Goku and Trunks die and Cell survives somehow? No fair...

This is why you meed to finish people off...
Jul 19, 2020 4:51 AM

Jan 2015
Two of my favourites DB characters died in a single episode. Goku's sacrifice made Cell even more powerful lol.
Mar 25, 2021 6:05 PM

Mar 2011
I'm starting to understand those who hate DBZ, the story tries too hard to impress/thrill people all the time that it becomes very tiring, boring and sometimes even annoying. So much BS happened it this episode... But let's see if there is at least a decent explanation.
Mar 5, 2022 1:03 PM
Mar 2022
What the hell is a boring story if there isn't enough of it? 287 episodes. Really? It is not enough.
So he's trying to impress? Here half of the fans cry from these episodes, and you write it...
Haters should not be ignored. They are just jealous.
Mar 5, 2022 1:03 PM
Mar 2022
What the hell is a boring story if there isn't enough of it? 287 episodes. Really? It is not enough.
So he's trying to impress? Here half of the fans cry from these episodes, and you write it...
Haters should not be ignored. They are just jealous.
Nov 24, 2022 8:50 AM

Nov 2020
Cell saga almost ended. Goku died because of Gohan, which Gohan will carry this as a burden his whole life.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 227 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Nov 24, 2013

10 by Berry-Vodka »»
Yesterday, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 226 Discussion

11 by Berry-Vodka »»
Yesterday, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 225 Discussion

9 by Berry-Vodka »»
Yesterday, 3:19 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 224 Discussion

9 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 17, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 223 Discussion

12 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 17, 3:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.