Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 23, 2013 11:46 AM

May 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh wow, that was one hell of a powerful Kamehameha! But I doubt Cell is defeated, he might just flop back as he can regenerate like Piccolo! Well it was an intense fight already so lets see what's next!
Jan 5, 2014 12:14 AM

Jun 2009
WARP KAMEHAMEHA MOTHERFUCKERS! Too bad it won't be enough, obviously. Fucking Piccolo, once again.
Jan 5, 2014 12:18 PM

Apr 2010
I'm pretty sure if you blow Piccolo's head off, he's not coming back. That's Cell. You have to literally blow him to bits to defeat him.

May 18, 2016 6:49 AM

May 2016
Saw that there are some posts for this episode.

The thing about this episode is that I believe that it's arguably the best piece of animation that DBZ offers.

It does not seem like the rest of DBZ doesn't match the quality of this particular episode. Does anyone know why? Different animators?

Regardless, one of my favorites. :)
"Pretty easy work, for a god." ~ Freya - Valkyrie Profile

Jun 4, 2016 11:13 AM

Aug 2013
Man everything was on point this episode, honestly I go back and forth on what my favorite fight is, and this one is usually a default number one.
Aug 3, 2016 8:47 PM

Feb 2016
Goku really gave it to Cell.. damn. "Instant Transmission Kamehameha" in it's all it's glory. A new move. Goku seems to always have something up his sleeve... First time we see Goku execute Instant Transmission without putting his fingers to his forehead to focus :p

King Kai "Either of you wanna make a wager on this fight?" What... What would you even bet Gregory (The cricket or whatever)/Bubbles (The monkey)? Who gets the chair in front of the house? lol

Love how King Kai is actually serious now though and paying attention unlike before, I guess he doesn't really keep monitor like we would of figured... he rather sleep his days away.. lol.

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
Aug 19, 2016 11:02 PM

Sep 2013
Teleport Kame Hame Ha! Awesome. Goku isn't the brightest guy in most respects, but in regard to fighting strategy he's a damn genius! I never saw that coming...and neither did Cell!!!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Aug 19, 2016 11:02 PM

Sep 2013
Teleport Kame Hame Ha! Awesome. Goku isn't the brightest guy in most respects, but in regard to fighting strategy he's a damn genius! I never saw that coming...and neither did Cell!!!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Feb 6, 2020 2:02 AM

Mar 2010
Don't know why but I'm not that excited about the fight in general. Maybe its because Goku had not much to do with Cell in the development of this arc? First he was ill, then training in the chamber. The fight drags a little and is mainly about "equality" so far.

I was surprised Cell would destroy the arena and couldnt remember this aspect in the story.

The ending was good, nice strategic unexpected move from Goku.

Btw the monkey Bubbles, was he named after the monkey Michael Jackson had? Must be so I think. But that probably doesnt mean King Kai = MJ . Although both Kings... :p :p
Mar 26, 2020 11:12 AM

Jul 2008
Now THAT'S WHAT I CAME TO SEE!!!!

Great fight so far....yeah I know Cell isn't done.
May 22, 2023 12:56 PM
Jun 2021
W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 291 Discussion

Pokedude97 - Jul 27, 2008

46 by satyabrata900 »»
Apr 21, 9:09 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 230 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Nov 24, 2013

12 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 19, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 227 Discussion

10 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 18, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 226 Discussion

11 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 18, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 225 Discussion

9 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 18, 3:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.