Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 23, 2013 12:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah nice development this episode.

Don't mess with other guild members~
I liked Toya's bravery there as well. This whole talk relating to Crescent Moon is pretty intense. I like how Shiroe is also respected.

Those pkers piss me off. I hope that kid can keep his promise though.
Stark700Nov 23, 2013 12:55 AM
Nov 23, 2013 12:53 AM

Nov 2007
lol @ their "inside conversation" (does that count as the private conversation in online game? Or just personal thoughts?) during the deal with Nobu's character = the merchant. Deals stage (lol @ glasses fix count on justin.tv chat?). And those face changes.

The story of how they joined the guild, including attack from that evil guild that the main fought before.

New character again, Hino-san! Final stage coming soon and siblings also about to fight back.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 23, 2013 1:01 AM

May 2012
Not much action in this one (mainly the negotiations), hoping to see more in the next.
Nov 23, 2013 1:12 AM
Dec 2012
The negotiations were unexpectedly thrilling and interesting. I felt S&W vibe.
Nov 23, 2013 4:09 AM

Feb 2008
IT's all important with negotiations!
Shiroe with all respect and Minori & Toya will try to fight as well.
Probably a discussion to change the world and fight against this evil guild.

The pace of anime is normal but still I wish it could be faster. :D

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Nov 23, 2013 4:59 AM
Jul 2011
Blackbird said:
IT's all important with negotiations!
Shiroe with all respect and Minori & Toya will try to fight as well.
Probably a discussion to change the world and fight against this evil guild.

The pace of anime is normal but still I wish it could be faster. :D

no no, you don't want it to be faster tbh, this is the perfect pace for Log Horizon right now. The show is more about strategy and management than you think it is about battles.

That aside, perfect episode. And you know what comes next: freakin' CLIMAX!!
Nov 23, 2013 5:07 AM

Sep 2008
I love these kinds of main characters, badass not by strength but by brains.

Looking forward to seeing what else he has in store. Always nice watching these small mind games.
Nov 23, 2013 5:18 AM

Oct 2011
OMG dat negotiation!!! Awesome!!! Go save Minori and Toya!!! It's better for them to go slow to build plot for something epic later on : 0
Nov 23, 2013 5:23 AM

May 2010
very good episode. hyped for next week :)
Nov 23, 2013 5:26 AM

Aug 2010
Loved it. Shiro is much more famous than I first thought. Again, makes me want to know more about Tea Party >.<...'Villain in glasses'. I wonder what he did to be nicknamed that lol.

Loved the negotiation and the chibi thought forms XD Henrietta's skills are top level hehe...No wonder Shiro entrusted everything to her ^^ They got the 4.5 million they wanted :D...I feel bad for Akatsuki, but Henrietta deserves some Akatsuki cuteness to recharge after what she went through. She deserves it XD
Marie's business smiling battle was lol...Poor Marie XD

I also found Minori and Touya's parts pretty nice. Good to see they're not just waiting for Shiro and being dependent on others. Some good resolve they developed there.

Well, can't wait for nxt ep. A round table conference between the main guild leaders :D Should be awesome and now it's Shiro's turn to fight ^^

And I agree with Dowson, this is the perfect pacing right now :D
Barion-ZaraNov 23, 2013 5:34 AM
Nov 23, 2013 5:27 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Loved the episode. The negotiations went well and all according to plan. :)

The Round Table Conference is what I'm most certainly looking forward to! I can't wait to see Shiroe use his brains in next week's episode! :D
Nov 23, 2013 5:34 AM

Apr 2009
If you were doubting this was from the same author as Maoyuu before, you certainly are not now.
Nov 23, 2013 5:42 AM

May 2013
This week was all about negotiating and it worked. Can't wait for the next episode.
Nov 23, 2013 5:48 AM

Aug 2013
Great episode! So much glasses touching!

Henrietta's negotiation skill iis top level. She pretty much had the other three guild masters wrapped around her finger all according to plan. She worked so hard she definitely deserves at least a week with Akatsuki.

Looks like something big is going to happen at Hamelin. Mutiny? Escape? Hope Toya and Minori can finally be safe. I've been wondering, can't they just select "Leave Guild" or is there no option to do that?

Can't wait for next week, it's Shiroe's turn! Also, this show has a knack for getting the timing right to play that awesome ED.
xcheeNov 23, 2013 5:51 AM
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Nov 23, 2013 5:48 AM

Aug 2010
Not enough action or Akatsuki for me, episode felt very drawn out. 2/5.
Nov 23, 2013 5:57 AM
Mar 2013
Does anyone know the BGM that was playing when Shiroe was telling the Minori that he was coming for her?
Nov 23, 2013 6:05 AM

Sep 2011
I don't understand why can't Minori leave or quit the guild? How are they keeping her there if she doesn't like it?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 23, 2013 6:07 AM

Sep 2008
xchee said:
I've been wondering, can't they just select "Leave Guild" or is there no option to do that?

ColdXClue said:
I don't understand why can't Minori leave or quit the guild? How are they keeping her there if she doesn't like it?

I guess there is an option for that, but someone has stated in previous episodes discussion that light novel(is it LN?) explained much better about how they were being forced to stay in a guild.

Usually though, I've never seen MMO where leaving guild is harder than pressing 2 buttons.

It should however, from logic perspective, be obvious that leaving a guild filled with PKers in such a world would have harsh consequences. They'd be unable to leave town without getting targeted.
Nov 23, 2013 6:11 AM

Oct 2013
Loving every moment of this anime, the negotiations were thrilling to watch and the subconscious thoughts of the characters during the talk between crescent moon and the three guilds was hilarious xD
Nov 23, 2013 6:12 AM

Nov 2012
Those mind games, I love how Henrietta handles the situation and also fortunate for them the other guild masters fell for their plan..

It's Shiroe's turn next, let's see what other mind-boggling tricks is Shiroe hiding behind those glasses of his..
Nov 23, 2013 6:13 AM

Jul 2013
just finished the LN on baka-tsuki and OH MY GOOOD, SHIROE IS TRUELY AWESOME

just wait for the episode next week, he will be such awesome :D
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Nov 23, 2013 6:14 AM

Jan 2011
Haha Shiroe must be some epic business student or just... *Glasses power*

Another negotiation ep... hoping for more action though
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Nov 23, 2013 6:15 AM

Feb 2013
Loved the negotiation and how smoothly it went, gotta give props to how famous Shiroe is too.
Nov 23, 2013 6:18 AM

Mar 2012
sentience said:
Not much action in this one (mainly the negotiations), hoping to see more in the next.

SkyTate said:

There isn't much action in Log Horizon. And there's almost zero in this arc. Next one should have a bit more though.
Nov 23, 2013 6:24 AM

Jan 2011
KaiKatsuya said:
sentience said:

SkyTate said:

There isn't much action in Log Horizon. And there's almost zero in this arc. Next one should have a bit more though.

There were a few fights here and there so far (Mainly PKers) which is what I would like to see but so far it's all about their plan to change Akihabara. Though I feel that the negotiations are necessary to put their plan (which hopefully brings about more action) in motion.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Nov 23, 2013 6:29 AM

Sep 2013
Damn this is way better than SAO where it's all action and Kirito getting the different bitches. At least there's some political leverages used here, negotiations taking place like Maoyuu.
-

I've always... always been watching you... This whole time... Because you were there... That's why I was able to try hard. So you could have some balance! So you wouldn't treat me like a kid! So you would see me as an actual girl! Even while you were gone... You were right here! You were right here in my heart!
Nov 23, 2013 6:44 AM

Jul 2013
Can anyone that has read the LN tell me in PM if it's revealed what shiroe needs the gold for? I have an idea that it has something to do with the bank building seeing how last episode mentioned 1) all buildings can be sold for high prices 2)new 'rules' can be made 3)how the episode ending with him standing in front of the building. I'm not sure what would be the benefit maybe he gets a percentage of gold deposited or can even adjust that percentage himself.
Nov 23, 2013 7:06 AM

Mar 2012
MuFeR said:
Can anyone that has read the LN tell me in PM if it's revealed what shiroe needs the gold for? I have an idea that it has something to do with the bank building seeing how last episode mentioned 1) all buildings can be sold for high prices 2)new 'rules' can be made 3)how the episode ending with him standing in front of the building. I'm not sure what would be the benefit maybe he gets a percentage of gold deposited or can even adjust that percentage himself.

It will, either next week of the one after
Nov 23, 2013 7:16 AM

Nov 2013
And the fundementals of supply and demand come into play. Wow this week was epic, loved every second. Really makes me wonder what Shiroe has up his sleeve next i cant wait for next week! 5/5
Nov 23, 2013 7:18 AM

Feb 2011
Pretty boring episode in my opinion. Half of the episode was just Minori speaking and I her voice annoys the hell out of me.
Nov 23, 2013 7:41 AM

Apr 2012
Epic nego episode.
Man Shiroe is such a legend! Everybody thats important know him..
Man can't wait for next week.! The battle begins! for shiroe that is.
The Art of Shipping is no mere game. It can be small skirmishes to huge nation size wars.
Of course some will claim their ship is the BATTLESHIP but they all do. This is why battles occur because of factions fighting each other to justify their favourite ship.
And thus SHIP to SHIP combat occurs almost anytime even now.
Beware, Threading into the Shipping battlefield will be bloody.... What are you waiting for?
Nov 23, 2013 7:59 AM
Nov 2013
UnbornMVs said:
Pretty boring episode in my opinion. Half of the episode was just Minori speaking and I her voice annoys the hell out of me.

if you dont like people talking using their brain or people talking to building up story, and you prefer action anime you should drop Log Horizon.
i'm already finished 4th volume of Log Horizon LN. Log Horizon is not action anime at all. at least 6 eps from next week will be all talking (politics, economy, mystery about the world) if you expect action you will hate this show. but i love it. fucking epic story
Nov 23, 2013 8:01 AM

Jun 2013
Another very nice episode!
:)
Nov 23, 2013 8:08 AM

Mar 2013
ColdXClue said:

Think about what happened with Akatsuki and Henrietta last episode.

UnbornMVs said:

I suggest you drop the show there's going to be quite a few episodes like this one.

Nov 23, 2013 8:27 AM

Mar 2013
Very much so of Spice & Wolf vibes from the negotiations. Loved this episode 5/5
Nov 23, 2013 8:35 AM

Oct 2011
Is Shiroe's plan to make one giant guild??? So everyone can work to together to explore the new expansion pack area. Also save Minori, Toya and the others from Hamelin( Slave Guild)
Nov 23, 2013 8:40 AM

Aug 2013
Boring episode...
I didn't like it..
2/5
Nov 23, 2013 8:46 AM
Feb 2012
The most interesting thing is that negotiation was very thrilling. That was completely surprising for me. And the conference, that will change the Akihibara, will be held in the next episode. My god, I just can't wait for the next week :D
Nov 23, 2013 8:50 AM

Nov 2008
Really loving this Anime.. this was another very well done - the negitions were quite fun.. as were every Akatsuki moment ;) .. So we finally get the to Round Table
Nov 23, 2013 9:02 AM
Mar 2012
The anime direction and writing is fantastic. The whole episode was a discussion at a table, and I was so interested and excited about it.

This anime has made me relive moments of excitement that I haven't had with anime in quite a while. It's such a nice thing to experience.

Looking forward to the next episodes
Nov 23, 2013 9:03 AM

Jul 2013
This Anime just seems perfect for Saturday mornings
Nov 23, 2013 9:03 AM
Mar 2012
babymilo91 said:
This week was all about negotiating and it worked. Can't wait for the next episode.
Yup. My thoughts exactly
Nov 23, 2013 9:05 AM

Jun 2013
AnimeFan500 said:
Is Shiroe's plan to make one giant guild??? So everyone can work to together to explore the new expansion pack area. Also save Minori, Toya and the others from Hamelin( Slave Guild)

"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Nov 23, 2013 9:07 AM
Mar 2012
Urek said:
just finished the LN on baka-tsuki and OH MY GOOOD, SHIROE IS TRUELY AWESOME

just wait for the episode next week, he will be such awesome :D

shoo shoo! You'll tempt me to read the translations now.
Nov 23, 2013 9:29 AM

May 2010
This was great, the pace is perfect for me!

can't wait for the next episode :p
Nov 23, 2013 9:37 AM

Apr 2013
I'm looking forward to the round table conference. Shiroe is very famous ^_^
Nov 23, 2013 9:50 AM

Jul 2013
This is a great episode IMO, basically about the negotiations and the twins development view.

The negotiations of the ingredients can be quite difficult for the Crescent Moon, but the Villain in Glasses sure knows how to plan things ahead XD. Time to save Minori and Touha from the tyranny of their guild.

Nov 23, 2013 10:25 AM

Aug 2010
Getting heavy S&W vibes here. All this careful planning and the even more careful negotiations (like, getting the better of the other guilds without antagonizing them).

While I wish there was a little more action, I think a good heated debate on this level is better than a bad fight.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Nov 23, 2013 10:36 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Amarrez said:
If you were doubting this was from the same author as Maoyuu before, you certainly are not now.

Oh that I did not know. No wonder it reminded me of Maoyuu :)

Great episode! I loved the negotiations, it was actually very exciting in a way to watch it go through. They did a great job making the other three agree to work with them. I wonder how they'll react when they find out that it's not really a quest. Next episode's conference seems intense, looks like everyone is interested in what Shiroe has in mind.
Nov 23, 2013 10:38 AM

Oct 2013
This ep is really very interesting. I liked the negotiations thingy. Next week should be more intense.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2013

268 by MFM32 »»
Mar 3, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2013

229 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 31, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

183 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 9:05 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2013

265 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 8:37 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2013

190 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 11:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.