Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kill la Kill
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jan 1, 2015 2:44 PM

Jan 2014
A good episode. That school is a real bloodbath, full of surprises. So are Satsuki's ideas. I feel bad for Gamagoori, his nice new car got pretty damaged.
The next episode will be the main dish!
Jan 26, 2015 10:27 AM

Nov 2014
The Ryuuko flashback was really sad.

Lmao I loved Mako's reaction to Gamagoori's car...she's so cute xD

Ready to see all these battles!!!
Jan 31, 2015 5:10 PM
Jan 2015
So I'm slowly beginning to ignore all the flaws and things i don't like about the show.. I'm definetly becoming fund of it, though I wouldn't say i'm enjoying it to the fullest.
Feb 10, 2015 6:34 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Gamagoori is not so bad after all, same as Sanageyama.
Mar 3, 2015 5:32 PM
Jul 2014
Can't wait for tournament!
Mar 28, 2015 9:58 PM

Mar 2014
"Naturals Election" = Natural Selection. Such clever, wow.

Those sudden innuendos with Gamagori's uniform, jeez my jaw dropped so much :U

Finallly, Ryuko has beaten all 8 gym leaders/episodes and made it to the Elite Four! Can't wait to see this clash of school titans.
Apr 2, 2015 11:06 PM

Jul 2014
Why did I not see IRA being a masochist coming. I mean, his position days it all, and my jaw still hit the floor.
Apr 13, 2015 6:25 PM

Jul 2013
There we go, next episode will be awesome I think.

Lol Gamagoori was pretty cool in this episode :P

May 3, 2015 5:53 PM

Nov 2014
Gamagoori's an interesting one, he actually displayed some morals here unlike the rest of Satsuki's cronies.

I really doubt Ryuuko's gonna beat the Elite four, she might defeat one of them at least but not all of them in a row.
Bubcus993May 3, 2015 6:00 PM
May 5, 2015 11:52 AM

Feb 2015
The OST is one of the best i have heard.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 12, 2015 3:34 AM

Oct 2011
Naturals Election

Natural Selection

well played Trigger
Aug 8, 2015 7:06 PM

Apr 2014
Wow this episode was awesome.

Speaking of Social Darwinism, they went straight to the point lol. I had just referenced it in my thoughts of the previous episode, so it was amusing to see it happen in the most literal and overt way immediately afterward.

It was nice to learn more about Ryuko's backstory. It explains her present attitude and drive for revenge and resolution. It wasn't just that her father died, but that she was there, witnessing the alleged killer flee the scene and the moment when her father departed. Growing up socially isolated in a rough environment created her rough attitude, but it gave her appreciation for family and companionship and makes her relationship with the Mankanshokus and Senketsu so much more meaningful. It's great to see her go from having no one to having people to fight for and who will stand alongside her.

LOL Mako's song and that drive-by shooting.

Gamagoori is a masochist -.- All of those puns during the fight were hilarious in how well they described the current situation while acting as equally fitting metaphors.

Satsuki is both ruthless and merciful, using discretion in her actions so that she would come off as someone to be feared but yet respected. She has no qualms with crushing anyone who opposes her while possessing a certain sense of honor, befitting of an egotistical person who fancies themselves a savior.
Jan 25, 2016 3:25 AM
Dec 2011
i love this... i love ryuuko :3
Feb 2, 2016 7:22 PM

Nov 2015
Things are really heating up now...
What the hell is with gamagoori's perverted talk XD
"Hit me, hit me more. The more you punish me the harder i get"
hahahaha
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 28, 2016 8:55 AM

May 2013
LOL the way Gamagoori was talking, I thought his transformation was gonna be a tranny xD
Mar 13, 2017 5:41 PM

Dec 2012
Well, this is certainly an interesting development.

That was cool of the student council dude to help them out when their scooter broke down. Shows how respectable he is.

She sure did quickly climb to the top of that 5th tower haha, stoked to see these next battles.
Mar 13, 2017 5:42 PM

Dec 2012
Vysarine said:
"Naturals Election" = Natural Selection. Such clever, wow.

Those sudden innuendos with Gamagori's uniform, jeez my jaw dropped so much :U

Finallly, Ryuko has beaten all 8 gym leaders/episodes and made it to the Elite Four! Can't wait to see this clash of school titans.

hahahahaha good catch there
Aug 7, 2017 8:33 AM

Jul 2015
Gamagoori is a masochist, ayyy.

Nice episode, I can't help but like the bad side.
Oct 26, 2017 2:15 PM

Jul 2013
A Battle Royale ... like the other movie I like. I guess sort of mixed in with Mad Max lol!

I wonder how many movies they can make the show seem like in the series lol.

Awesome fighting and I was surprised Ira gave them a lift in his sweet ride~

He's kinda nice outside school lol. I thought he was older! I can't believe he's 20 and stayed in school longer for Satsuki!

Climbing those things, wow! that took some stamina lol.

So, if Ryuko defeats the elite four she'll find out about her father death, even though from the flashbacks it looks like it was Satsuki probably.

She ran after his killer but he ended up dying in the fire without getting to tell her what he wanted, awww.
stephtastropheOct 26, 2017 2:19 PM
Feb 18, 2018 7:38 PM

Aug 2017
Ryuuko's flashback was sad. Gamagoori is a masochist! 4/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 30, 2018 6:40 AM
Feb 2018
Middle school Satsuki looks awesome. And hahaha, the guys power is literally BDSM shit. hahaha.
May 12, 2018 12:56 AM

Nov 2017
Can’t wait till the battles next episode! Cool to see one of the elites has good resolve outside of school
Aug 23, 2018 5:44 PM

Jul 2009
This was a good episode in terms of backstory. Ryuuko's father and her relationship to him. The silhouette of the killer kinda looks like Satsuki, but I kinda doubt it.

Also, Goori was kind enough to help Ryuuko and Mako.

Seeing young Satsuki. As always, she's as badass as ever!!

The battle of the four devas begins!!! Let's do this!
Aug 27, 2018 1:09 AM

Aug 2018
What a lot of fun. I’m ready for the battle royale.
Oct 13, 2018 10:03 AM

Aug 2018
I always find every one of these episodes so blood rushing, keeps the adrenaline running making me want more
Gnyo ho!
Nov 6, 2018 12:23 PM

Aug 2015
I can't shake the feeling that Gamagori's pink Chevrolet Bel-Air is an Utena reference lol
It's clearly not the same car, but the color scheme and interior decor look pretty similar.
Not to mention the guy transforming into a car, apparently lol

The parallels between Satsuki and fascism are quite clear through the 'Naturals Election,' which is a very skillful turn of phrase, both connoting the intended 'survival of the fittest' intention while wrapping it in the language of liberal democracy and meritocracy.

Hannah Arendt describes the Nazi regime as one that perpetuated a constant state of chaos, which provides in turn the excuse for the government to impose order and legitimize its claim to extralegal actions due to a state of exception. And of course, despite the hopes of the masses, one and two stars have no ability to win the Naturals Election by design, but rather this exercise is a means for the established ruling elite to reassert its legitimacy.

By throwing the system she has created into disorder, Satsuki pursues her ideological goal of culling from the lower eschelons of authority the 'weak' as well as reaffirming the existing elites as deserving of their positions in the eyes of the hoi polloi. In a sense, Satsuki is more pure of heart than any ultranationalist regime, since as her contempt is for almost all of her subjects equally, rather than a designated outgroup.
glassknucklesNov 6, 2018 12:41 PM
Aug 13, 2019 12:31 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Wow, that escalated quickly, Gamagoori is probably my favorite character so far, a guaranteed favorite opposing character for sure. His backstory seems even more interested than Matoi's, talking about her, I was expecting ti to be way more dramatic, but it turned into a silly mess as soon as her father appeared.
Nov 25, 2020 8:42 PM
Nov 2020
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty intense episode. I was cringing my teeth since I heard Mako might die...

When I saw Mako almost getting shot on the road, yeah..
Dat explosions and gunfire. The flashback was pretty awesome. Young Satsuki is pretty epic in this episode.

I'm ready for this battle royale~
How ya feeling nine years later
Mar 9, 2021 8:19 PM

Oct 2016
Great episode! I really like that the student council ain't really evil, they're just very extreme with their ideals. On that note, I did not expect Gamagoori to be a fucking masochist lmao, that was hilarious, even his Ultima Uniform is like some masochistic shit. That explains why he uses a whip lmao.

A king of the hill huh, looking forward to that.
Jun 26, 2021 1:01 PM

Jan 2020
This was a nice way to let the viewers know more about gamgoori without actually making him battle ryuko directly. He's definitely feeling more likeable which is nice to see. I'm looking forward to seeing how the rest of this arc plays out

Nov 16, 2021 9:04 AM

May 2020
Gamagoori's an interesting fellow, just can't hate him.

Now Ryuko against Elite four, damn....
Apr 11, 2022 11:43 PM

May 2020
So beneath that veneer of a hardass disciplinarian is a masochist who loves to be "disciplined". A fitting contrast and the fact that he's so serious only makes it even funnier.
Dec 7, 2023 7:18 PM

Nov 2023
Oh damn, Mako had a lot of near death experiences!
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2013

368 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2013

447 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

392 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

878 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BRSxIgnition - Mar 27, 2014

955 by NullZweiChan »»
Apr 14, 10:02 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.