Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 18, 2013 3:53 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh, his sister is voiced by Hanazawa-san. He lost in battle and conscious. Next is siblings. Nobu's character is too strong that Sister's machine-doll berserk again and main guy woke up to stop it. Then fixing the machine-doll by doll maker lady.

Getting into the lab. Nobu's character also came. OP aired at the end as ED this ep.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 18, 2013 3:57 AM

Jul 2010
Aww, no MAWARE today.
Nov 18, 2013 8:05 AM

Sep 2012
No ED !!!! I waited one week and I could not hear or see the ED !!! No~~~~~~~!!!
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 18, 2013 9:09 AM

Nov 2011
Elite60 said:
Aww, no MAWARE today.

Sadface .jpg

All dem emotions this episode. ;.;
Damn Loki though...what a powerhouse.
Nov 18, 2013 10:07 AM

Mar 2012
Yaya, even though you're incredibly powerful, please get a better personality. Honestly, I feel like the intermixing of stereotypical personalities and average humor is killing any potential this show has. The plot carries a decent dark atmosphere and I find myself fairly enticed by it, but it seems to get sidetracked very often by subpar characterization. Maybe the problem lies with the adaptation and not the souce material (as is often the case), but still...
Nov 18, 2013 10:14 AM

Sep 2012
Recovering from the shock of seeing the OP instead of the ED at the end (still don't see why it needs to play the OP at the end for this episode), I have gathered thoughts about this episode. And what I see is that this episode is even more messy than the previous one as I see things get even more rushed and things get even less explained:

So how much time passed between Raishin's battle with Loki and Frey's battle with Loki? Raishin seems to recover amazingly fast to me. And Loki's father admonished Loki for not taking Raishin's gloves. Does it mean that technically Raishin is still not defeated and thus still in the game? If so, then why Loki went on to battle Frey? And how did the rule of the yakai (night party) work? Charlotte could not enter the game but Raishin could? Because Raishin is still technically in the game? But then again why would Loki be allowed to move on to battle Frey then? And if Raishin is allowed to enter the game because his match with Loki is not finished, then why was he allowed to leave the game without battling Loki but instead by pacifying Rabi and saving Frey?

Questions galore and the directing is scattered and not so easy to follow.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 18, 2013 12:30 PM

May 2013
Ah the cliffhanger. Gotta wait next week.
Nov 18, 2013 12:42 PM

Jul 2009
Stark700 said:
Elite60 said:
Aww, no MAWARE today.

Sadface .jpg

All dem emotions this episode. ;.;
Damn Loki though...what a powerhouse.

Towards the end, I was like 'Wait, wait, what, no maware?'
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Nov 18, 2013 12:46 PM

Jun 2013
Nice episode.Gotta wait now for next weeks one.
Nov 18, 2013 12:55 PM

Aug 2010
Good ep.

Rushed here and there but still pretty good to convey the feelings. I just love it whenever Shouko talks. Her VA is so fitting <3

Raishin and Yaya's interactions are fun as usual and so are Yaya's prayers XD...And I just love Yaya's fighting style.

Tsundere Char was so cute. With her protectiveness and her Big Ben idiot XD

Well all in all nice ep. Nxt should have awesome action.
No Maware T_T
Nov 18, 2013 1:54 PM

Aug 2012
Yaya <3
Nov 18, 2013 1:55 PM

Jul 2013
I'm with symbv here. I could understand shit of what was going on.
Did the festival ended ? Why was Frey fighting Loki ?
Well, whatever happened it's long gone.
Nov 18, 2013 2:21 PM

Nov 2012
Didn't enjoy this espisode that much, hoppefully next one will be interesting and have MAWARE again.
Nov 18, 2013 3:03 PM

Feb 2009
symbv said:
So how much time passed between Raishin's battle with Loki and Frey's battle with Loki? Raishin seems to recover amazingly fast to me. And Loki's father admonished Loki for not taking Raishin's gloves. Does it mean that technically Raishin is still not defeated and thus still in the game? If so, then why Loki went on to battle Frey? And how did the rule of the yakai (night party) work? Charlotte could not enter the game but Raishin could? Because Raishin is still technically in the game? But then again why would Loki be allowed to move on to battle Frey then? And if Raishin is allowed to enter the game because his match with Loki is not finished, then why was he allowed to leave the game without battling Loki but instead by pacifying Rabi and saving Frey?
Most of this was explained but glossed lightly on episode 5.

The Night Party is a battle royal lasting 100 days for the 100 participants. A battle for a day lasts until midnight and then continues the next day with a new participant regardless of the result of the previous fight. Only one day passed between the two fights.

And the only way to win a battle is to take away the gloves of the enemy, so yeah, technically Raishin is still in this. You'll get disqualified if the puppeteer dies, that's why Loki spared Raishin at the moment. And Loki dropped to rank 99 and that made Frey rank 98 so naturally she was the next opponent the next day. Raishin was excused to participate because he was injured but of course he appeared here which is in the rules. Don't ask why he looks okay, he's just an idiot. He still has injuries and hasn't recovered fully.

Charlotte is ranked 6 so of course she can't enter the current match unless she announces before a match starts that she'll drop her ranks to participate in the match like Loki did. Raishin and Yaya were suppose to be a bit surprised that it was Loki they were facing last time because they didn't know.
And finally, a participant needs to appear in a match for at least one hour and can opt to negotiate to the enemy to postpone the match for the next day so they can gang up on the higher rank. Loki consented to postpone this match because of Frey's injuries.
Nov 18, 2013 3:09 PM

Mar 2013
Nov 18, 2013 3:29 PM

Nov 2012
I'm starting to wonder if Yaya is actually Raishin's little sister, because from what I see from the flash back they look identical. Plus earlier in the series I heard they can make dolls from dead humans or human body parts, and his whole family just so happens to have been slaughtered.
Nov 18, 2013 3:53 PM

Sep 2011
Good episode indeed and ya was rushed in some parts but still was ok.

Yaya players was funnyl,can stop her yandereness even with Raishin dying.
Ravi going "berserk" was well done and really Raishin ability to "recover" its just amazing >.>
Really enjoying Shouko,her voice its just so damn fitting and she is so BA

Char being tsun as always cute and at the end Raishin going "crazy"!
Next episode should be good!!

Well for people that miss their Maware here it your weekly "Maware" ;)
Nov 18, 2013 4:48 PM

Mar 2012
I still want to know how Raishin command work.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Nov 18, 2013 4:56 PM

Jul 2012
Loki looked beast showing up at the end like that.

Great episode!!!
Nov 18, 2013 5:03 PM

Feb 2009
NeoAnkara said:
I still want to know how Raishin command work.
I gave a rough explanation in the last episode.
Nov 18, 2013 6:03 PM

May 2012
Okay episode. Always good to see Shouko.
Nov 18, 2013 6:11 PM
Dec 2012
Raishin is quixotic.
Nov 18, 2013 6:29 PM
Jul 2018
When you see the credits on the OP you just gotta know theres going to be no ED.
Nov 18, 2013 6:32 PM
Jul 2013
The story got good because it was discovered the illegal project has Divine Works super-gifted children with magic.
Nov 18, 2013 6:33 PM

Aug 2013
Good episode though I'm kind of disappointed for the lack of ED haha ^^

Yaya's prayer was funny :D
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Nov 18, 2013 6:41 PM

Feb 2011
That's strange, I just watched FFF's version and they had opening and ending like usual. Also thanks for the explanation on the evening party rules. So all three of them will have to fight the next opponent on the next evening?
Nov 18, 2013 6:45 PM

Jul 2013
Relatively good episode, I guess.
Yaya's prayer was pretty funny xD
no ED ;-;
A good battle or two should be coming up next episode, can't wait :)
Nov 18, 2013 7:07 PM

Dec 2012
belatkuro said:
symbv said:

The Night Party is a battle royal lasting 100 days for the 100 participants. A battle for a day lasts until midnight and then continues the next day with a new participant regardless of the result of the previous fight. Only one day passed between the two fights.

And the only way to win a battle is to take away the gloves of the enemy, so yeah, technically Raishin is still in this. You'll get disqualified if the puppeteer dies, that's why Loki spared Raishin at the moment. And Loki dropped to rank 99 and that made Frey rank 98 so naturally she was the next opponent the next day. Raishin was excused to participate because he was injured but of course he appeared here which is in the rules. Don't ask why he looks okay, he's just an idiot. He still has injuries and hasn't recovered fully.

Charlotte is ranked 6 so of course she can't enter the current match unless she announces before a match starts that she'll drop her ranks to participate in the match like Loki did. Raishin and Yaya were suppose to be a bit surprised that it was Loki they were facing last time because they didn't know.
And finally, a participant needs to appear in a match for at least one hour and can opt to negotiate to the enemy to postpone the match for the next day so they can gang up on the higher rank. Loki consented to postpone this match because of Frey's injuries.

Thanks so much for the explanation - I seemed to miss this just from watching the anime, even if it might have already been mentioned. So its possible to see a Raishin-Frey-Loki alliance I guess
Nov 18, 2013 7:12 PM

Mar 2012
Gurren Lagann reference hahaha!

http://i.imgur.com/UcFaKxC.jpg
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Nov 18, 2013 7:16 PM

Jun 2012
This lack of ending ruined ma' day haha. Guess I'll go listen to it in loop.

Anyway, an okay episode. Yaya's prayer was funny :) Now, it's going to get messy next week, looking forward to it. Hope I get my maware though.
Nov 18, 2013 8:04 PM

Apr 2010
Had maware in FFF's version, am satisfied.
Nov 18, 2013 8:04 PM

Jul 2010
Good episode after all.
I agree with Shouko's voice acting, it's really fitting her.

Elite60 said:
Aww, no MAWARE today.

Ikr.

Zeta986 said:
Gurren Lagann reference hahaha!

http://i.imgur.com/UcFaKxC.jpg

Was that a way of trolling by HS? Or is it legit?
Nov 18, 2013 8:32 PM

Sep 2012
belatkuro said:

So it seems my understanding is generally correct (that Raishin is still in the game, and because of Loki dropping to Frey's place it just pushes Frey one rank upward -- but isn't Raishin rank 99 because he is named "second last"?) but then I still have the question: If Raishin is still in the game, then shouldn't the game continue with Loki vs Raishin and only move to Frey when the winner is decided between Loki and Raishin?

belatkuro said:

Ah, this makes sense now and it is something that again the anime failed to explain and thus added to confusion (just like the previous episode when they did not even bother showing Raishin and Yaya startled to see Loki instead of Frey in the match.

And I have come up with yet another question from the anime: Why did Yaya and Raishin let go of their camouflage when they jumped into the warehouse that used to hold those dogs? I do not see any particular reason that they should remove their best protection, and as we see taking off the camouflage means that they get detected and surrounded even before they could do anything.

Nov 18, 2013 8:40 PM

Oct 2009
Was going to ask this question many episodes ago. Is it me or is this anime really blurry? Starting to hurt my eyes.
Nov 18, 2013 8:51 PM

Mar 2012
The lack of Maware in this episode was unnerving.

My only complaint besides that is that it seems like the visuals are getting to dark so I do seem to have to work my eyes to discern things properly.

symbv said:
So it seems my understanding is generally correct (that Raishin is still in the game, and because of Loki dropping to Frey's place it just pushes Frey one rank upward -- but isn't Raishin rank 99 because he is named "second last"?) but then I still have the question: If Raishin is still in the game, then shouldn't the game continue with Loki vs Raishin and only move to Frey when the winner is decided between Loki and Raishin?

Raishin is only second last because his scores ranked second to last on the transfer exam. It has nothing to do with his rank in the festival. He's Number 100, Loki is now dropped to Number 99, and Freyr is now Number 98 since everyone but Raishin was pushed up by one. Beyond that, the anime isn't really clear about the rules of the game…

Every time I see Loki, I expect him to do an Accelerator laugh.
He has the same hair and eye color as well as the same VA. It's crazy….

Also…Raishin kinda reminds me of a more vengeance-centered Kamijou Touma. At least, I can see a few parallels between them…which is a good thing in my opinion. Although…I think that's because I'm rereading Index NT6 and seeing Raishin running around with bad injuries reminds me of Touma running around the Ichihanaransai with a bullet wound.
(Also known on other places as Hiss13)

All hail the adorable chess master!
Nov 18, 2013 9:03 PM

Feb 2009
symbv said:
He was called 'second last' before because when he entered the academy, he was ranked 1235 out of 1236. Now, 'Second Last' is his codename as a participant of the Night Party, just like Loki is called 'Sacred Blaze' and Charlotte is called 'Tyrant Rex'. Kimberley gave him that codename because she felt like it.

And like I mentioned, it's a battle royal. Regardless of the outcome of the previous battle which has a time limit of midnight each night, a new participant will join in the next day. The numbers will continue to add up until a participant gets eliminated. So if the 1-on-1 didn't have a conclusion, it will become a 3-way battle the next day, a 4-way and so on. So it's perfectly legal for Loki to fight Frey the next day since Raishin and Loki's fight was inconclusive.

symbv said:
And I have come up with yet another question from the anime: Why did Yaya and Raishin let go of their camouflage when they jumped into the warehouse that used to hold those dogs? I do not see any particular reason that they should remove their best protection, and as we see taking off the camouflage means that they get detected and surrounded even before they could do anything.
The anime sort of got it wrong as when they arrived, they decided to launch a preemptive strike to take out some of the guards before they got surrounded. Basically, they went wild.
Also, it has something to do with the Magic Dissonance Theory. Yaya will be unable to use her physical attack magic while under another magic effect, namely Komurasaki's as there can only be one magic in a doll. Hence they dispelled it.
Nov 18, 2013 9:21 PM

Aug 2012
antonn said:
Based FFF. Got my weekly dose.
Nov 18, 2013 10:06 PM
Jul 2012
Man Raishin can sure take a beating, getting pretty badly wounded every time but coming back shortly after.
My anime blog
Ganebare Anime
Nov 18, 2013 10:49 PM

Nov 2013
jman90 said:
Man Raishin can sure take a beating, getting pretty badly wounded every time but coming back shortly after.
If this keeps up Raishin may be the new Araragi. Also I really hope there ends up being a second season I am quite enjoying it so far and only thing that sucks is that there are only 5 episodes left.

Tony777 said:
Was going to ask this question many episodes ago. Is it me or is this anime really blurry? Starting to hurt my eyes.
It's not just you Tokyo MX's broadcast started out fine with AT-X being more blurry then on episode 3 Tokyo-MX had a random drop in quality to that of AT-X levels, which is why a few groups switched to AT-X when they had been doing Tokyo-MX, so now we only have semi-blurry options to choose from.
sakaNov 19, 2013 12:51 AM

Nov 18, 2013 11:37 PM

Mar 2012
Meh... Weren't that great still worth at least 3-4 rate.
Nov 19, 2013 12:20 AM

Oct 2013
4/5 for the episode
So Raishin was kicked out of his house by his father?
Kinda feel bad for Frey's automation.
Also one question...Tenzen=Magnus? and is he Raishin's brother?
NuviNov 19, 2013 1:10 AM
Nov 19, 2013 12:50 AM

Sep 2012
belatkuro said:
And like I mentioned, it's a battle royal. Regardless of the outcome of the previous battle which has a time limit of midnight each night, a new participant will join in the next day. The numbers will continue to add up until a participant gets eliminated. So if the 1-on-1 didn't have a conclusion, it will become a 3-way battle the next day, a 4-way and so on. So it's perfectly legal for Loki to fight Frey the next day since Raishin and Loki's fight was inconclusive.
That makes more sense, and I really think the anime did not explain it well about this specific peculiarity in the rules of the Night Party, particularly over the possibility of 3-way battle in the following night if the first battle is not conclusive.

belatkuro said:
The anime sort of got it wrong as when they arrived, they decided to launch a preemptive strike to take out some of the guards before they got surrounded. Basically, they went wild.
Also, it has something to do with the Magic Dissonance Theory. Yaya will be unable to use her physical attack magic while under another magic effect, namely Komurasaki's as there can only be one magic in a doll. Hence they dispelled it.
So yet another flaw to chalk it up against the staff who did the screenplay adapting from the LN. Even though I got it that they wanted to launch some strike, I did not get why they had to let go of their camouflage even before they saw those guards. Things were explained rather poorly in the anime.

Nov 19, 2013 12:56 AM
Feb 2013
If the tournament will be shown in such rate, I don't think that there will be any rational end. And second seasons are always doubtful.
Yeah, I know manga is being published, and so, but still.
kcuf
Nov 19, 2013 12:56 AM

Jan 2011
It does seem at times as if they are assuming we are all LN readers so they skip any explanation of what is going on. The rushed pace also shows in how fast the female characters are developing feelings for Raishin. It just seems like this show would fit better in 15 or 16 episodes. Of course I don't know if we're going to reach a full ending, or just a season ending by the last episode this cour.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Nov 19, 2013 1:47 AM

Jan 2013
Nice dramatic episode. Good animation.
Nov 19, 2013 5:25 AM

Sep 2008
I wonder who the next participant will be? I get the feeling they'll just do a huge skip or montage for the majority of the 100 participants.

AlexTheRiot said:
antonn said:
Based FFF. Got my weekly dose.
I like the name they gave to the chapter: http://i.imgur.com/w3jFP0C.png
Nov 19, 2013 5:44 AM

Aug 2012
rodac said:
It does seem at times as if they are assuming we are all LN readers so they skip any explanation of what is going on. The rushed pace also shows in how fast the female characters are developing feelings for Raishin. It just seems like this show would fit better in 15 or 16 episodes. Of course I don't know if we're going to reach a full ending, or just a season ending by the last episode this cour.
Hm, yeah that's how I sort of feel. Still, they provide enough explanation such that we at least know why the characters are fighting. It's not just random flashy lights and choreography simply for the heck of it. A little more would be nice for some character development, such as Raishin's back story.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Nov 19, 2013 6:22 AM

Aug 2013
The episode was fine... I think. Nothing much for me to be excited about except for the tournament... hmmmm
Nov 19, 2013 9:36 AM
Feb 2013
Shit ,Raishin is either stupid or bull headed to almost die a lot.
Nov 19, 2013 10:05 AM

Oct 2013
belatkuro said:

thanks!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 25, 2013

96 by PedroKarim64 »»
May 22, 2023 2:07 PM

Poll: » Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Nov 4, 2013

107 by PedroKarim64 »»
May 21, 2023 3:28 PM

Poll: » Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2013

190 by Nukelotide »»
May 15, 2023 9:08 PM

Poll: » Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Oct 7, 2013

214 by obijho »»
Apr 20, 2023 12:27 PM

Poll: » Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2013

112 by de_baech »»
Dec 20, 2022 8:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.