Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Nov 17, 2013 7:33 PM

May 2011
My god. Why can't this VN have a completed patch? ;_;
Brilliant as always. I didn't think it was even possible for me to grow more attached to this series than I already have been.
Nov 17, 2013 7:48 PM

Mar 2013
I don't know but I think this show will end in a terrible way...
Nov 17, 2013 8:23 PM
Oct 2013
I really like the show and I liked the episode as well, but just not a fan of the Haruki-Setsuna thing. I'd much rather see Haruki-Touma. Especially the build up from the last episode with Haruki taking care of Touma for a couple days straight or so staying with her. For whatever reason I just feel there is a deeper connection between Haruki and Touma than with him and Setsuna. Just made the idiot move and didn't dodge the kiss in my opinion..
Nov 17, 2013 10:50 PM

Nov 2007
Is it just me or there are more Touma fans than Setsuna? Then why oh why most of us (including me of course) are rating this episode with a 5/5?!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 17, 2013 11:44 PM

Jan 2011
This episode made me Setsuna fan alright.
Down with the indecisive tsundere, sorry, but that is the life - if you want something you have to know that you want it and fight for it.

Life is all about fist come first served, that's all.
Nov 17, 2013 11:53 PM
May 2012
i sense a school days ending!! huiehue sht is going down
Ezsence
Nov 18, 2013 12:56 AM

Sep 2012
johnL21 said:
i sense a school days ending!! huiehue sht is going down
Except the characters here are not as psychotic and crazy as in the School Days.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 18, 2013 2:06 AM
Jul 2013
I really liked the anime until now, but I personally prefer Touma over Setsuna :( + I haven't watched School Days but I also sense a similar ending (or some kind of tragedy)
Nov 18, 2013 2:07 AM

Sep 2013
Battlesheep said:
Amarrez said:
It's not over until the fat lady sings. Remember True Tears.

good thing i'm on the winning side in True Tears but i don't know if my luck in white album 2 will be the same it seems to me that the writers are going for Touma, I hope im wrong coz im rooting for setsuna
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Nov 18, 2013 4:45 AM

Sep 2011
AsianKungFu said:
Battlesheep said:
Amarrez said:

good thing i'm on the winning side in True Tears but i don't know if my luck in white album 2 will be the same it seems to me that the writers are going for Touma, I hope im wrong coz im rooting for setsuna

Actually, the company(Leaf) or maybe the VN writer, which I dunno who is he, is a Setsuna-bias so who knows which ending will be adapted.

But like you said, I also heard the anime is Kazusa-bias though I dunno about that.
TennoujiNov 18, 2013 4:50 AM

Nov 18, 2013 6:06 AM

Dec 2011
The original White Album main heroines are singers... so yes Ogiso Setsuna is the main heroine

and to me it looks like Setsuna is the amalgamation of Morikawa Yuki + Ogata Rina (has both their characteristics)

While Kazusa Touma is more similar to Yuki's manager Shinozuka Yayoi which was only secondary heroine

I prefer Ogiso btw~
Nov 18, 2013 8:18 AM

Aug 2010
shanimebib said:
Is it just me or there are more Touma fans than Setsuna? Then why oh why most of us (including me of course) are rating this episode with a 5/5?!

Because even though we like Touma more we also like Setsuna. At least that's how it's for me.
Nov 18, 2013 2:52 PM
Nov 2013
shanimebib said:

Well, that's because this episode was directed well. Also, this show does such a good job making both girls likable that the two "competing" shipping factions are so unusually friendly toward each other unlike most other romance shows.
Nov 18, 2013 4:56 PM

Sep 2011
Harujin said:
that the two "competing" shipping factions are so unusually friendly toward each other unlike most other romance shows.

But once Coda starts, that will be surely the beginning of the shitstorm.

Nov 18, 2013 5:55 PM
Jul 2012
Nooo... What about Touma?? Well I like both of them but I hate that one has to be left out.
Nov 18, 2013 7:49 PM

Oct 2013
Does anyone else think there is some interesting chemistry between Touma and Setsuna, particularly in this episode? Touma joined the club because of Setsuna, the way she looks at her, her decision to stay in the costume Setsuna chose even after the concert. I know that's not the way this series is going, but I would not be averse to the two of them ending up together.
Nov 18, 2013 8:36 PM

Nov 2013
If they make it into a one heroine biased story, imagine the rage of all the people... maybe they'll use "that" route then... and yeah shitstorm people...
Nov 19, 2013 12:30 AM

Jun 2013
Shitt , I want Touma ! :'c

I sense some tragic love triangle going on , dun dun duuun.

5/5.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Nov 19, 2013 7:52 AM
Sep 2013
lots of fan here wants touma but.. i dont know, this episode was just epic for me. I mean, for me the moment when haruki talks with touma and then touma cried was very touching and more romantic for me compared to Setsuna's kissing scene.

(Well it seems like i'm Touma-biased hahaha)
Nov 19, 2013 1:11 PM
Dec 2012
It begins.

Awesome episode, tho I was hoping for Kitahara to choose Touma but I guess he got pushed into a corner and I'm pretty sure he actually loves her.

Gotta love that OST.
Nov 19, 2013 3:57 PM
Nov 2013
For those of you who are interested in the OST, I think I've found one

http://koe.anime-sharing.com/game-ost/white-album-2-original-soundtrack-closing-8707/

Still downloading it though so not sure if its authentic.

Amazing episode, I feel almost scared to watch more since this is like a perfect ending and I know shits gona go down from here... Kinda makes me sad...I wish they could both be with Haruki and everybody stays happy :(
Nov 19, 2013 4:23 PM

Jan 2011
Amazing episode, best one yet! The whole festival performance was done so well. The songs were really nice. God dammit this is probably the only anime where both heroines are likeable. Kazusa is so talented, able to play the piano/keyboard, saxophone and bass guitar. She looked really cute in her outfit even if it was quite revealing for her. ;) Setsuna also looked really pretty during the performance. That last scene and that kiss, just wow. From here onwards, the real drama begins... Oh god, I don't know if my body is ready. :S
5/5
Nov 20, 2013 12:07 AM
Nov 2013
Totally agree with the interpretation about the misunderstanding between Haruki and Touma. My theory would be: the girl whom Haruki truly admires is the mysterious pianist in the 2nd Music Room (remember the first time Haruki saw Touma's back he said "A girl?") ; the person whom Haruki can finally befriend with is the "invisible" classmate sitting next to him (a person who barely shows her quality to anyone). Touma definitely misunderstands him by thinking that Setsuna is the girl. So when Touma says "It's the season of White Album", my first impression brings me to Setsuna's onstage outfit (completely WHITE). Touma gives up at this moment.

Okay! Another thought of my own ... WHY DOES SETSUNA MAKE TOUMA WEARING SUCH AN "EMBARRASSING" OUTFIT, while she is mostly covered in white dress? Well ... They look very nice for sure, but does it reveal part of Setsuna's inner nature? Anyone curious about this? It might just be me.

Why don't they let us hear Todokanai Koi? Without Takeya's backtrack (Touma just finish composing the day before), I am very curious about how it would sound like. T_T ...

Setsuna: Stay with me from now on, okay?
Haruki: If you want to (as a friend).

HARUKI!!! WAKE UP! Do you understand what the girl is asking???

WHAT A beautiful relationship and a drama brought together by MUSIC~~~
Nov 20, 2013 12:55 AM

Feb 2012
Another dense as hell mc. Seriously dude? She asked what university and wants to take the same major as you, stay and with you? Frustrates me to no end every time.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 20, 2013 11:56 AM

Sep 2013
PGKRyousuke said:

Okay! Another thought of my own ... WHY DOES SETSUNA MAKE TOUMA WEARING SUCH AN "EMBARRASSING" OUTFIT, while she is mostly covered in white dress? Well ... They look very nice for sure, but does it reveal part of Setsuna's inner nature? Anyone curious about this? It might just be me.

The reason why Touma is wearing such an embarrassing outfit? it's probably because the writers think the fans might like it(?)... well at least that is how i took it... it felt more like a fanservice to me
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Nov 20, 2013 12:06 PM

Sep 2013
kickmesign said:
Another dense as hell mc. Seriously dude? She asked what university and wants to take the same major as you, stay and with you? Frustrates me to no end every time.

Oh, he knows.
Nov 20, 2013 1:59 PM
Nov 2013
AsianKungFu said:
PGKRyousuke said:

The reason why Touma is wearing such an embarrassing outfit? it's probably because the writers think the fans might like it(?)... well at least that is how i took it... it felt more like a fanservice to me

Ahaha! Yea in terms of audience's perspective this is definitely a fan service. What I'm trying to bring out is that in the drama, Setsuna is the one choosing the outfit. So is Setsuna playing a trick here? I probably think too much on this one ... Haha!
Nov 20, 2013 2:55 PM

Jun 2008
PGKRyousuke said:
Ahaha! Yea in terms of audience's perspective this is definitely a fan service. What I'm trying to bring out is that in the drama, Setsuna is the one choosing the outfit. So is Setsuna playing a trick here? I probably think too much on this one ... Haha!

You're just thinking to it too much, even in the VN the "topic" was never brought up again.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Nov 20, 2013 3:35 PM

Nov 2012
Amazing!! This series is on its way to being my 3rd rated 10 series. It's not guarantee yet it still needs to not only keep this pace but progress more so that means no slow eps but who ever he chooses will be bad since I love both setsuna n touma so idk about that but he HAS to choose 1 if not that will ruin it
Nov 21, 2013 8:21 AM

Jun 2009
Worst episode by far.
It's easily one of the most important scenes in the whole story, that will be remembered over and over again, and they did a job this poor I'm speechless.
The uncountable amount of QUALITY, barely any movement during the concert, half of the time it's just static pan or simply just a zoom in on the lighting, what the hell is that for? Then the talk between Haruki and Kazusa after the concert is awkward as hell too.

Overall just a disappointment, even much worse than the episodes before. They better fix it in the BD.
Nov 21, 2013 10:41 AM

Jun 2009
Solid episode. I'd still be very surprised if Haruki didn't go with Touma, though.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 21, 2013 5:12 PM

Nov 2012
I really enjoyed this episode. The music was great, and the ending really put a smile on my face although I am leaning towards Touma.
RX-782Nov 21, 2013 5:35 PM
Nov 22, 2013 7:06 AM

Aug 2013
I support Touma Possible spoiler
rodacNov 23, 2013 5:57 PM

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Nov 22, 2013 1:11 PM

Jun 2012
No... just... no. Not Setsuna. I'm really dumbfounded. I was enjoying this whole episode so much. I was actually doing an air-guitar and air-saxophone during the solos and singing horribly along with Setsuna. Yet, at the end of the episode when Haruki didn't turn away from Setsuna's kiss it's like I fell off of cloud 9. Now when they skipped third song I wanted to punch my laptop screen, but when they kissed I seriously felt like dropping the anime. Mid-way through the episode, during the concert, I decided I was going to give this show a score of 10. Now I don't even know. There is still 6 episodes left and this could be undone, but I don't feel like finishing it anymore. The next episode will probably decide if I finish this show or drop it.
Nov 22, 2013 3:58 PM

Jun 2008
dragonlight said:
Now when they skipped third song I wanted to punch my laptop screen,

You already listened to the song though, it's the OP of this anime, and they also skipped that part in the original VN.

and you're way too personal on this.

Nov 22, 2013 10:37 PM

Sep 2013
Haine15 said:
I support Touma
Rejoice! because Touma definitely have a higher chance on winning Haruki's heart than Setsuna, The little hints suggests that and it's like this anime is Touma biased.

I'm rooting for Setsuna though.
rodacNov 23, 2013 5:59 PM
Nov 23, 2013 10:36 AM
Nov 2013
And it happened with Setsuna. . .just have to wait for the same but epic scene with Kasuza. . .

Oh well. Let's go to Vienna! xD
Nov 23, 2013 6:03 PM

Jan 2011
Mod Note: Please don't spoil by including any information from the VN which would indicate which route we are on, or if a definite flag has been triggered.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Nov 23, 2013 7:43 PM
Nov 2011
symbv said:
What a turn around victory for Setsuna !!

And I heard that in the VN the kiss scene is actually a sex scene ? Or perhaps perhaps it was a trolling comment that I read?

You know, I wonder if its implied, because when they show Setsuna from behind right before or during the kiss scene, it clearly looks like she's missing a key piece of her under garments. Am I wrong in that?
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Nov 23, 2013 11:19 PM

Jun 2008
Veretax said:
symbv said:
What a turn around victory for Setsuna !!

And I heard that in the VN the kiss scene is actually a sex scene ? Or perhaps perhaps it was a trolling comment that I read?

You know, I wonder if its implied, because when they show Setsuna from behind right before or during the kiss scene, it clearly looks like she's missing a key piece of her under garments. Am I wrong in that?

Nope, nothing happened, move along people. Stop implying things with your libido.

Nov 26, 2013 2:14 AM

Dec 2012
Ughhh. Well I'm gonna be optimistic and think of this as a sign that he will actually end up with Touma.

Amarrez said:

yep yep
Nov 27, 2013 2:04 AM

Oct 2013
tsudecimo said:
Ughhh. Well I'm gonna be optimistic and think of this as a sign that he will actually end up with Touma.

Amarrez said:

yep yep

this, i can almost confirm at 100% he is gonna finish with touma,

p.s specualtion here we go

he will be with setsuna for like 2 episodes(it will be drama in them) after this he will understand that he really love more touma, then the next 2 episodes he will pass time with her and he will be crying at the end saying his true feeling at her, bang kiss, they are together.

both are really nice, but i just really wish he will be with touma at the end, no joke, anyway someone gonna be sad at the end.... whatever the choice
firstbloodNov 27, 2013 2:11 AM
Dec 3, 2013 1:57 PM

Jan 2011
This episode was so shitty I am shitting all over my shitty chair omg that shit man.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Dec 12, 2013 11:41 PM

Sep 2008
That's a lot of music in one episode.

Wasn't expecting them to kiss already.

So much drama incoming.
Dec 20, 2013 5:22 PM

Aug 2013
Not that I mind, but since when was White Album 2 a musical anime? Like god damn, the summary page on MAL says Drama/Romance/SoL, with no mention of "music".
I guess I should treat this as an idol anime instead of a romance from here on out..

THAT WAS UNTIL OGISO PERSONALLY ESTABLISHED THE LOVE TRIANGLE BY HERSELF, DAMNNNNN. Getting TOO real over here.
Dec 23, 2013 7:57 AM

Dec 2013
Like the titel of this episode said " The last and greatest day", it really was a great episode.

So many unexpected things happened, Touma also reveals her feelings, showing that she wants to be together with Setsuna and Haruki.

Also Setsuna revealed that she likes Haruki and even kissed him.
So they both become lovey dovey now ?
Also this scene was really unexpected for me, let's see what kind of drama will wait for us.
Dec 23, 2013 8:03 AM

Dec 2013
Kyuutoryuu said:
Not that I mind, but since when was White Album 2 a musical anime? Like god damn, the summary page on MAL says Drama/Romance/SoL, with no mention of "music".

Well wasn't it obvious that it would be a music Anime like " White Album" , maybe you don't know if you didn't watch " White Album" but also the Synopsis said: " Haruki Kitahara, the final member of the light music club" and also " But when a flowing piano melody and a voice as a clear as bell harmonize with his guitar[...] "
Dec 30, 2013 9:31 AM

Oct 2013
babymilo91 said:
I can sense the drama that's gonna happen. That concert was nice. Liked that guitar solo from Sound of Destiny.

Yay
Dec 30, 2013 9:39 PM

Aug 2011
Ahhh, they kissed! Looks like shit gets real from now on.

The musician in me loved this episode. Dat sax and guitar solo!
Jan 2, 2014 11:32 PM
Apr 2011
Really did not expect them to kiss,though I enjoy Touma more, I didn't mind Haruki kissing Ogiso as much as I thought......but I can sense the mindfucks creeping in.....this will get intense
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
-Albert Camus

Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2013

221 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 9, 10:50 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

200 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 9, 7:40 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Dec 7, 2013

158 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 8, 3:59 PM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Dec 28, 2013

856 by GingZ »»
Mar 1, 3:45 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2013

100 by GingZ »»
Feb 27, 2:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.