Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: Second Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Dec 8, 2013 7:57 AM

Sep 2011
WTF? So Mayoi will be completely disappeared? What the hell... Y U DO DIS? :(

Dec 8, 2013 5:49 PM

Jan 2012
that opening is pure gold
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Dec 9, 2013 12:40 AM

Sep 2011
Listening to Kaerimchi.
Lie Down.
Try Not To Cry.
Cry A Lot.
Kon'nichiwa!
Ogenkidesuka?

For those who play 3DS, please add my Friend Code
0662-3506-8849
Dec 9, 2013 1:43 AM

Feb 2013
Ow.....my fucking heart....

Didn't expect to cry tonight....looks like the joke's on me.
Dec 13, 2013 8:59 AM

Dec 2011
I guess that is the only choice. There is no fighting against something you can't fight. Also, Ougi sure is related on making things worse. Hopefully more of her character will be shed in light.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 16, 2013 11:34 AM

Dec 2012
Did no one else find it odd or at least inappropriate that a 10 years old kissed Araragi? I found this episode pretty emotional but the whole kiss thing + unnecessary harem reassuring could've be done without IMO.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Dec 16, 2013 4:53 PM
Dec 2010
Excelente episodio, muy emotivo, junto un una banda sonora que acompaño de forma impecable el desarrollo de la trama
Dec 17, 2013 2:34 AM

Jan 2013
Infatuate said:
Did no one else find it odd or at least inappropriate that a 10 years old kissed Araragi? I found this episode pretty emotional but the whole kiss thing + unnecessary harem reassuring could've be done without IMO.
She isnt 10 year old, she just looks that way. She was running around decades as Lost Snail, with the exception of shinbou, she is the oldest one in Koyomis harem.
Dec 17, 2013 11:14 PM
Jun 2013
I was shocked at what had happened. First time this series made me feel sad. That scene. That most that played. I think I have a tear in my eye.
Dec 22, 2013 7:03 AM

Mar 2013
THIS is what Angel Beats would have been, if it was good.
Full time redditor and fedora owner, gg
Dec 22, 2013 2:29 PM

Apr 2012
Considering Mayoi is my least favorite character in Monogatari series, and I didn't intensely dislike this episode filled with her talking ....

I would say it is pretty well-done episode.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Dec 24, 2013 8:11 AM
Feb 2013
WHY didn't araragi turn mayoi into a vampire if he didn't want her to disappear?

isn't it possible in theory?
Dec 24, 2013 8:14 AM

Apr 2013
12361236 said:
WHY didn't araragi turn mayoi into a vampire if he didn't want her to disappear?

isn't it possible in theory?
I doubt it. Mayoi is an oddity after all, not a human.
Besides, I don't think Araragi has that kind of power.
an egomaniac and a fool

Dec 30, 2013 3:20 AM

Aug 2012
So the arc with Mayoi's name in the title is really about Shinobu, and the arc with Shinobu's name in the title is really about Mayoi... Okay, I'll buy that.

What I don't buy is Izuko Gaen's sudden and convenient appearance. All she ever did in the show thus far was give advice and vanish as nothing more than a tool to move the plot along.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Dec 31, 2013 11:43 AM

Feb 2013
A nice ending to the arc even though it was already spoiled for me.
Jan 4, 2014 3:24 AM

Apr 2009
"Sorry, I bit my tongue. I loved you."

Goodbye, Mayoi.

To be honest, that was a little bit unexpected for me (hooray for not getting spoiled), but looking back I was already suspecting the "darkness" to be like some kind of "ghost reaper": because ghosts are supposed to cross over into the afterlife eventually or some similar reason; and so the true nature of that phenomenon shouldn't have come as a surprise. The truth about it wasn't that far off after all, the only difference is that it's the universe's "automatic mechanism" to "clean up" aberrant apparitions, not just ghosts.

I guess right after that, he returned to town - just in time to save Tsubasa for the ending of Nekomonogatari White.
Jan 4, 2014 7:49 PM
Jul 2018
Amazing episode!
Cried so much on this arc :(
Jan 5, 2014 6:29 AM

Oct 2012
Aww... Poor Hachikuji
Well, at least Araragi got her kiss and it's the 3rd time from a loli... I'm jealous xD

ED... No one realized that Shinobu & Hachikuji disappeared @ end of ED??
Sayonara Hachikuji Mayoi :(

Frontalbrise said:
Infatuate said:
She isnt 10 year old, she just looks that way. She was running around decades as Lost Snail, with the exception of shinbou, she is the oldest one in Koyomis harem.

To be exact, she's already a ghost since 11 years ago...
Shinobu's age.. Older than 500 hundred years, I guess?
But her appearance is the youngest one xD
"Signature removed"
Jan 7, 2014 3:48 AM

Jun 2012
Wow, that was such a sad scene yet for some reason I hardly even cried. Didn't think I would until she started saying they should repeat their old skit... but after "Sorry, I bit your tongue." tears were definitely shed. I can't believe Mayoi's gone... :(

And I guess Ougi is the "darkness", from the sounds of it. Of course, that could just be they want you to think.

And by the way, just making sure but it hasn't shown how Ougi came to know Araragi or anyone else yet has it (by this episode)? It was during the first few episodes this season while he was missing, I'm assuming. Or did I miss/forget something?
HalibelTheEspadaJan 7, 2014 4:16 AM
Jan 16, 2014 8:48 PM
May 2012
Infatuate said:
I don't normally post on this forum but go fuck yourself. It was done beautifully who cares if they are 6 years apart.
Jan 16, 2014 8:50 PM

Aug 2009
Hibria said:
Infatuate said:
I don't normally post on this forum but go fuck yourself. It was done beautifully who cares if they are 6 years apart.
Mayoi IS older than Araragi.
Jan 17, 2014 8:34 AM

Oct 2012
Gean sure creeps me out like fuck. Epic episode by the way ^^.
Nice nickname you got there Koyomin ( laugh so hard to that). Finally it's official that Gaen is Kanbaru's aunt ( we all knew it but meh...). So Hachikuji is the one being targeted by the darkness because she derogated from her oddities way of making people lost. Please Mayoi don't go on and disappear you don't deserve it. Never seen Koyomi such high in emotion willing to spend his entire lifespan with Hachikuji lost somewhere just to have her not to go on. Both of them are kind of being selfish to the other one but it's understandable and damn that kissed i was waiting for so long, finally it happened but then we are four month later and Koyomi speak up to Ougi about everything to see how it will develop ( Ougi can't be trusted !!) So in all Hachikuji is gone...please come back, never thought this Arc ending would be more disturbing than Nadeko becoming a god.
Jan 17, 2014 9:41 PM

Dec 2008
i want the 20 minutes i just spent watching this episode of my life back.

i dont even wanna finish the series, in fact i wont. fucking dropped unless hachikuji comes back somehow.
Jimb0Jan 17, 2014 9:56 PM
Jan 19, 2014 8:56 AM

May 2012
Best kiss from the whole episode :'( but damn I don't want Mayoi to go :'( I just love her :( damn it, why does the best character has to leave? Great but sad episode!
Jan 20, 2014 7:58 PM

Nov 2012
ssjokg said:
Hibria said:
Infatuate said:
Mayoi IS older than Araragi.

By, like, what 3-4 years?

They better continue the adventure of Araragi because where DF did they get Shinbou back
Jan 24, 2014 11:42 PM

Apr 2012
Infatuate said:

You're not the sharpest knife in the drawer, are you? Earlier, Hachikuji said she had almost been dead as long as she had been alive, which makes her 20 at this point.
Jan 29, 2014 8:43 PM

Mar 2013
Oh God, What do I do with all these feels??

Hachikuji was one of my favorites, the moments when Araragi would pedo attack her and then they would go through their regular routine has become one of my favorite staples of this series. And that fucking exit, I mean as if it wasn't emotional enough to start with; she has to go off and kiss him and then say, "Oops, I bit your tongue." I think I was actually dead for a little while after that scene, I had to recover.

Like this series is trying to get rid of my favorite characters, my top 4 are Hachikuji, Sugura, Shinobu, and Nadeko and half of them have basically been kicked off the island with Hachikuji passing on and Nadeko becoming an insane goddess.
Feb 1, 2014 7:51 PM

Apr 2013
*crying crying* why Hachikuji why did you disappear? And God... with those last words...
Feb 10, 2014 10:33 PM
Jun 2011
T_T ... Well you've done it Monogatari. You Broke me, I swear I never thought A kiss would make me cry T_T... & one between a young guy(I have no idea how old Araragi is at this point) & a 9 year old .. screw your technicalities Hachikuji was a ghost of a 9 year old, Ghosts do not age so that makes her F-ing 9... & Let me be Clear I LOVE the fact they kissed. the moment they kissed I shouted "YES!!"... & Than I was crying.. God Damn was that beautiful T_T
Feb 12, 2014 1:09 PM

Apr 2012
wow that let me really depressed :(
なんとかなる
Feb 12, 2014 1:24 PM

Jan 2014
I don't really understand why some people thought the kiss was "weird" or "wrong", like many have said she's older than Araragi despite her appearance. Plus he's done far dirtier things than a simple kiss to her in the past.

Personally though, I really didn't care all that much for Hachikuji so her being gone is perfectly fine with me. I didn't hate her but I very rarely ever enjoy loli's. I know they're prevalent in the entire series, but because of how much I like the other characters, story and art I can tolerate them to an extent. That being said it was a great episode and emotional end.
Feb 15, 2014 5:16 AM

Oct 2013
Why is everybody obsessed with Shinobu.
Feb 15, 2014 5:50 AM

Dec 2012
dblbch said:

It's a mystery that I will never solve.
Feb 16, 2014 12:00 AM

Mar 2010
dblbch said:

and why is that you need to post your meaningless impressions in each episode threads without any real subject?
you are just wasting forum space.
Feb 16, 2014 12:19 AM

Apr 2013
mugi said:
Finally

Thanks for the feelstrip.
Mar 1, 2014 8:47 PM

Jun 2013
Dem feels... RIP second best loli in the series (first one being Shinobu), we'll never forget all the times Durararagi molested you :(
Mar 2, 2014 6:06 PM

Jul 2013
Very touching episode, brought tears to my eyes. I can't believe this happened. Take care Hachikuji, you'll be missed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 6, 2014 8:11 PM

Mar 2013
Sarabada Hachikuji, will miss you. Her Op season 1 in Bake was the best of the show.
Apr 4, 2014 2:50 PM

Feb 2013
I will miss her so much
Apr 16, 2014 5:00 PM

Aug 2013
No.

Nonononono.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

FUCK FUCK. MY LITTLE MAYOI, WHY WHY WHY

if you're looking for me, I'll be in the denial room

This can't be real, nawwwww. Mayoi, my favorite character from Monogatari. She's now gone. No :(

Godfuckingdamnit. So fucking sad. I'm sad now.

And now that it look like it will be the end for Nadeko too. wtf, why all this sadness :'(
I was so habituated to laugh while looking at Monogatari that when something sad happen, it always shock me. I guess it's always the best way to make something sad...

I can't believe we will not see her again... About the episode, it was really great. And shocking. I heard that the episode 20 was really sad, but I never expected that. I never really understood what that ''darkness thingy'' was and now that I know it, I wish I would have never known.

Gaen is truly a genius, to manipulate Araragi like that. It's like she knew everything he would do.

The dialogue between Araragi and Mayoi was really touching. It's pretty much the first time Araragi wasn't acting perverted with her xD
Instead, he looked like a dad having to bury her daughter...

That kiss was weirdly touching. The other kiss were more perverted and looked like he liked kissing little girl. But this one was more like Mayoi was in love with him. It was like the kiss of a little girl who knew she could never become his lover... Also, GG for Ononoki helping her with the height xD
''I bit your tongue'', Sayonara Mayoi Hachikuji. Araragi said that you weren't his favorite, but you were my favorite and I'm sure you were his favorite too.

Araragi isn't Meme. He can't solve problems with detachment like him. The problem is that he's less informed/experianced than him and he's more attached to his ''client''. That can only break him at one point.

Now, who is Ougi? She seem to be related to everything bad happening to Araragi/Shinobu. She also seemed to be teamed with Gaen and that mysterious Episode. What are they trying to scheme? It's almost like they are slowly destroying Araragi entourage...
minouneetzoeApr 18, 2014 7:40 PM
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 17, 2014 1:20 AM

Jan 2012
Holy moly, goddamn all the feels. T.T
Live, Laugh, Love.

Apr 17, 2014 8:02 PM

Oct 2013
It seems that everyone who Koyomi would have had a perfect life with is either passing on or giving up. I dont count Nadeko because I dont think Koyomi had felt love for her.
But still, that was sad. I almost cried. Had she been the main girl I would have cried just as hard as I did in Clannad. I think his final girl will be Shinobu. He probably will choose Gahara but she will die eventually and Koyomi will only have Shinobu

Apr 26, 2014 11:25 PM

Apr 2014
bestpsychosean said:
It seems that everyone who Koyomi would have had a perfect life with is either passing on or giving up. I dont count Nadeko because I dont think Koyomi had felt love for her.
But still, that was sad. I almost cried. Had she been the main girl I would have cried just as hard as I did in Clannad. I think his final girl will be Shinobu. He probably will choose Gahara but she will die eventually and Koyomi will only have Shinobu

Yup, but if you think about it after he and shinobu fades there will be Mayoi whois waiting for him in the after life right? ;) ofc at her normal age and not a loli.. unless ur into that stuff.
I'm done chasing my dreams because I know I'll only wake up to reality. That reality will soon become my dreams.
Apr 28, 2014 7:07 AM

Oct 2013
dam. hes managed to get a kiss off three cutie characters now. just needs to bag hanekawa ;3.
sad to see hachikuji go. but keen for some hitagi arcs
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
May 3, 2014 2:36 PM

Aug 2012
That's probably on the list of my favorite anime episodes ever. Loved what they did with the ending animation, the insert of the Kabukimonogatari OP, and Ononoki's assist at the end.

;~;
Jun 3, 2014 10:48 PM

Mar 2014
The Power of all-seeing clairvoyance!!
So basically, That "Darkness" called non-existence is the acting "Judge" or "Justice" for all Oddities!? like If they break some rule from the laws/rules of oddites.. they're gonna be haunted like forever!? also If they do some wrong ways that will defy the system of oddites or something .. They're gonna be treated like criminals... thus , those who was thrown of the society of the right path.. needs to bring themselves right back on the correct path. Well , on Shinobu's side he pretended and lie about being a God to the villagers .. so she was persuaded by the "Darkness" until She used her own original vampire power to escape them.. like acting out on How a vampire she is.. and also made a minion . Thus She was acquitted of her crime naturally... Damn Didn't know that Oddites have some sort of stuffs like this...
Now In Mayoi's case , She Didn't choose to disappeared and went to afterlife after her case was solved in Mayoi Snail (I must say, She has supposedly passed on to afterlife at Mother's Day.) so.. She became a wandering spirit thus, She was convicted too..
Woah.. Lying is a grave offense on Oddity Life style.
So those who is not doing their own Role/Life/Being/Job will be haunted by the "darkness"!!
---I CRIED A FLOOD FOR HER.---
"Tears Falling from my eyes... Those Month-Long fun that I experienced for being with me Together.. I thank you wholeheartedly, so much from the deepest floor of my heart.." - Hachikuji Mayoi to Araragi Koyomi ... A Snail's Amusing One Summer Love Story together with a prince..
SHIT... It hurts alot ... damn... Feels ... so much FEELS!!!
Tears keep coming ... I can't stop it ... It seriously hurts alot..
They're Taken away Mayoi .. Oh God.... its so sad....
"The Memories of a good girl"- For Mayoi Hachikuji... It's so Dramatic Damn..
"I will Miss you Everyday and Forever Like That Summer we spent together"-Koyomi with me..
A Tribute to Mayoi Hachikuji .. here's a title of that OST with lyrics.. "Courage to tell a lie".
Those last words of her... really hit me hard !!!
Also, Mayoi and Ononoki were cute together !! Ononoki did her tribute to Mayoi..
Shinobu Time Ends!!!...
I don't know if this episode is good or bad... I had felt sadness with Mayoi's departure but I also felt relieved now that Mayoi passed on quietly and peacefully... Damn FEELS ....shit..
A Smart Ending!!!
Great Episode at the least :D ED song of the arc was so amazing!! Nice!!
"Good bye, Hachikuji Mayoi.. Until we meet again :D ) -rephrased .. Koyomi Arararagi-san.
May you find peace and Let's have some fun again :)
"My Apologies"
"I Bit My Tongue"
"I loved you , Araragi"- This three phrases that I will never forgot.. just for Mayoi Hachikuji :)
AnimeLaver01Jun 3, 2014 11:03 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 6, 2014 9:05 AM

May 2011
Noooo Hachikuji :(. Those final scenes sure was sad to watch.

Gaen is great though. And the talk with Araragi and Shinobu at the end was very interesting, I am looking forward to finding more about that creepy Ougi.
Jun 17, 2014 5:05 AM

Dec 2013
Sad :(
It was supposed to be a Shinobu arc but in reality it was Mayoi's arc.
Jul 15, 2014 5:23 AM
Aug 2012
This ep killed my very being and brought so much feels T_T il miss you mayoi! You are literally causing me sooooo much grief right now!
Jul 15, 2014 11:13 AM

Nov 2012
I shed a couple tears when I finished this episode. It's only now that I realized just how significant Hachikuji is to me in this series once she has to disappear.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2013

101 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 16, 7:01 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Dec 28, 2013

723 by Yubisoft »»
Apr 16, 2:04 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

245 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 12, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

204 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 11, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

222 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 11, 3:24 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.