Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kill la Kill
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 14, 2013 2:05 PM

Dec 2011
Evil Mako. Corrupted by power and wealth.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Nov 14, 2013 2:06 PM

Apr 2013
mako did more damage to the environment than satsuki and ryuko did when clashing swords.

not sure why people are saying the pacing is bad etc.

currently rewatching tengen toppa gurren lagann to shorten the wait for the newest kill la kill episode. alot of things can happen in 1-2 episodes as ttgl showed. who knows by episode 12 of kill la kill two of the elite 4 could be defeated already.

i guess the difference is that in ttgl the main cast actually travels while atleast for now everyhing in klk takes place within the academy and its surroundings so to some people it might seem like klk is not making any progress.

so far all klk episodes have moved the story forward in some way. either introducing characters, having an important fight, giving insight on the whole academy and how it works etc
Nov 14, 2013 2:08 PM

Sep 2013
Dat Mako 2 Star Goku uniform. She needs to get it again TBQH.
Nov 14, 2013 2:13 PM

Sep 2012
That Jotaro-like Uniform.

i'm done, seriously, that was sooooo amazing.
Nov 14, 2013 2:17 PM
May 2012
This show is getting worse. worst episode so far and next episode doesn't look much better. random clubs attacking, and Mako as a enemy... horrible.

I just hope there would be more episodes as awesome as the 5th.
Nov 14, 2013 2:36 PM

May 2013
The reason why people like this anime is because it is pure fun. Not everyone is looking for a serious anime all the time. Saying that, I also understand why some people would dislike it. It can be too random at times and over the top especially with Mako's family. I enjoyed the latter half of the episode when Mako gets her outfit but was kinda bored with Ryuoko beating all the randoms easily. I wish that Mako kept her outfit. Hope the second half is more focused.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Nov 14, 2013 2:37 PM

Mar 2013
Aerostar said:
This show is getting worse. worst episode so far and next episode doesn't look much better. random clubs attacking, and Mako as a enemy... horrible.

Yeah agreed it just feels like filler right now (who knows it might play out later on) but right now I feel like they are stalling due to the fact that its a 2 cour series.
Nov 14, 2013 3:18 PM

Apr 2008
Makko's Bizarre Adventure. His uniform is like Jotaro.
Nov 14, 2013 3:29 PM

Feb 2012
Lolol Vice-Admiral Mankanshoku Mako reporting in to the New World.

The episode was bananas, so much truth.
Nov 14, 2013 3:36 PM
Dec 2012
Interesting development with setting up a fight club. The luxurious life made Mankanshoku family greedy and blind. Greed blinded even Mako's good judgment and made her fight against Ryuuko. But she turned out a heroine of the episode at the end when she won against the greedy herself, not Ryuuko. Satsuki was clever and insightful. She tested Mako and Ryuuko, and she found they were not blind pigs. Useless were those club presidents who rested on their laurels and failed to fully demonstrate the potential of the star uniforms. No wonder she is going to reform the academy.
Nov 14, 2013 3:47 PM

Jan 2009
lol an episode of moral lesson that greed is bad, that was good.
Nov 14, 2013 3:53 PM

Jul 2011
I want to see Mako in action again! Damn, that was pure gold!
Nov 14, 2013 3:53 PM

Dec 2011
Mako looks so dopey in that uniform lol

Nov 14, 2013 3:58 PM

Apr 2012
by far the best episode for me.
wow i was near tears at the end.
i guess it's preference. i really liked the episode because ugh the emotional distress it caused me means they played everything well... i can see why others don't like it though.
Nov 14, 2013 4:07 PM
Nov 2013
I don't get how people don't like the whole 'random clubs' thing, it was explained in the earlier episode and it showed how pointless it turned out , giving a drastic change (moral: don't give uniforms to random losers). None of the scenes were bad put, the episode mostly focused on the bond between Ryuuko and Mako&Co., facing the system of the academy which is pretty story-wise and a warm up for another storm.

But again, this anime is more like subjective feeling than objective speaking.
Nov 14, 2013 4:09 PM

Jan 2013
Mako is nice, but I don't like her family.
Still an enjoyable episode.
Please understand.
Nov 14, 2013 4:17 PM

Jul 2010
Brilliant episode.Too bad Mako's uniform was destroyed, she looked awesome in it.
incompleteAEGISNov 15, 2013 6:34 AM
Nov 14, 2013 4:32 PM

Sep 2013
It was sweet at first, when they had the condo and all, and they had the twinkle in their eye :3
but then i started to get sad, when they started to become snobby.
But all in all any episode that makes me feel different than i had previously is a great episode in my opinion.
Nov 14, 2013 4:35 PM

Dec 2012
"SENI SOSHITSU!!!" I preferred when the announcer used to say it =/

Also is it me or have we not heard the original "Don't lose your way" in a while? I miss it a lil

Anyways, yeah it was pretty good in parts. The way the episode developed actually gave me a few laughs, especially when Bazaro was ballin and had no time for dinner XD. And Mako going Jojo's on Ryuko, oh shit that was good

Tbh, I think people are honestly expecting waaaaaay too much from this anime. I totally go into watching it expecting almost episodic content just like here. I suppose because the plot is so outlined when episodes like this come out people get frustrated and want something that takes an entire focus on the plot

The writers obviously never intended it to be like that (you're an idiot if you haven't realized this already) and now we got folks raging on MAL (Oh no, angry MAL users! Whatever will we do? lol). Yeah it's meant to be, first and foremost, a fun watch, but what people are seemingly ignoring are the small developments the plot takes in each episode, excluding 4, each one has been important in some form. Right here, Satsuki's restructuring of the academy which I'd consider significant given the events that took place in Episode 3. Stuff like that is satisfying for me in the end because the anime isn't at a total standstill

Here's something though, when I think a series is shit I stop watching it. I don't go 7 episodes in, and bitch about each episode on an anime forum complaining about how said anime isn't all I expected it to be or ask why other users are entertained ¬_¬. Surely if something is so bad you stop watching well before 7 episodes

jayvon said:
Yea it's like everybody is completely ignoring the many flaws of this anime

Hah, yeah right, I don't ignore flaws, I take them for what they are. But go ahead, you or anyone here, list all the flaws that make it so this anime should not be enjoyed by anyone at any given time. No BS, legit fucking flaws
Nov 14, 2013 4:42 PM
Jul 2013
SalmonSandwich said:
Aerostar said:

Yeah agreed it just feels like filler right now (who knows it might play out later on) but right now I feel like they are stalling due to the fact that its a 2 cour series.

How could you possibly see this episode as filler? Literally ALL the club presidents were beaten, we learned a bit about Ryuko's past, Satsuki's revealed a bit more of her plan and Ryuko's part in it, there's going to be some kind of election, and we also got some more world-building.

If you think this was filler, you weren't paying attention.
Nov 14, 2013 4:44 PM

Sep 2013
They sure were happy with one-star life, but with two-star life they are completely different :(

Lawl even Mako can be bad-ass when she gets a two-star uniform.

Those are some huge freaking tears.

To bad they couldn't keep one-star life :P

Lol the whole family striped to their underwear.
Nov 14, 2013 4:45 PM
Jan 2013
I just kept watching this anime because of the staff involved. Finally a worthy episode i must say.
Nov 14, 2013 5:09 PM

Jan 2010
those croquettes
(๑´ڡ`๑)
Nov 14, 2013 5:10 PM

Jun 2013
Mako's always been the voice of reason throughout the whole season. Glad to see she never ACTUALLY lost that even with all that wealth. All she wanted was to make her family happy :)

I feel like Satsuki has no intent of really killing Ryuko. It almost seems like she's training her by throwing all these things at her and seeing how she reacts. Who knows? She might actually want Ryuko's power for a greater cause later on.
Nov 14, 2013 5:47 PM

May 2012
Great episode. Just getting a two star uniform mean you liven in mansions. What the hell do you get with a three star your on country? Ryu vs Mako. Never thought it would happen but glad it did. The Ost was great once again. I want to see that two star Mako again. She need a Kamui so she can help Ryu kick ass.

Dat family service. Lady Satsuki. For once I wish she would step outside and not shine brighter the sun. Looks like since everybody fucked up Satsuki need to renew the school. Can't wait for next week.

The theme for today's episode is: c.r.e.a.m.
Nov 14, 2013 6:02 PM
Aug 2013
Really good episode. Lots of unexpected stuff
Nov 14, 2013 6:10 PM

Jun 2011
Badass Mako ftw!!!! XD
5/5
Nov 14, 2013 6:14 PM

Oct 2012
Damn the tone in this episode was really more serious than I would have thought, great nonetheless. That jojo Mako was just great and she was kinda cool as a "bad guy". Kiryuuin is scheming some more, let's see what the next episode brings to the table:)
Nov 14, 2013 6:22 PM

Oct 2013
I generally love the pacing of this series but the pacing at the beginning of this episode just felt boring to me. It ironically felt very slow even though they were fast forwarding the fights haha. I'm really glad that we won't have to sit through any more episode long battles against two-stars anymore though. PS. the ending rocked and Mako looked SO Badass!!!
Nov 14, 2013 6:51 PM

Jul 2013
Well I felt the sympathy towards Ryoku and Mako when they didn't get to spend time with each other as well as their family. Also Mako's Goku uniform looked badass but had to waste it in the end.

Dat luxury though with those croquettes.

Nov 14, 2013 7:26 PM

Feb 2012
I don't get why they had to destroy Mako's uniform at the end. Wouldn't it be better if she had someone to fight alongside with? Not wanting to accept a gift from the enemy, or am I missing something...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 14, 2013 7:31 PM

Jul 2013
I'm surprised no one's commenting on the amazing new song that played the first time Mako and the family upgraded and Ryuko was happily lying in bed. That song was awesome.

AH man Mako' s adorable. Nice character development.
"Komugi, are you there?"

Nov 14, 2013 7:44 PM
Apr 2013
Too many truths and metaphors in this episode.
Nov 14, 2013 7:50 PM

Mar 2012
Wow, this episode send a profound life message.
Too much power and money can corrupt you and take away your family's happiness.
Society make us want to get rich on the promise of more happiness, but in reality we are trading away our happiness for material pleasure.
I wish I can have family dinner like I used to, my family is all split up working and studying in distance countries all for the sake of earning more money.
Nov 14, 2013 7:51 PM
Jul 2018
Eeeeh. I hope this show improves.
Nov 14, 2013 7:59 PM

Dec 2012
Dat machine for pigs speech
Nov 14, 2013 8:10 PM
Jul 2013
Nice episode.
Mako - chan <3
Nov 14, 2013 8:47 PM

Mar 2013
kdr said:
SalmonSandwich said:
Aerostar said:

How could you possibly see this episode as filler? Literally ALL the club presidents were beaten, we learned a bit about Ryuko's past, Satsuki's revealed a bit more of her plan and Ryuko's part in it, there's going to be some kind of election, and we also got some more world-building.

If you think this was filler, you weren't paying attention.

This is merely my interpretation of the episode so yes for me it felt filler-ish (maybe the wrong word to use here to describe my critique for this episode so I apologize.) Its not like I was completely oblivious to the continuous plot reveal throughout the episode, especially with last episode showing Satsuki's and the elite fours past, and the small introduction of her mother.
There was also this episode with the introduction of Satsuki's plan like you mentioned and how it relates to this world's anime. Since we still know so little of the world of this anime.
I should have been more specific in my previous post. Its hard to explain but when I meant it feels like a "filler", I meant in terms of the mood of the overall episode not in terms of story (like what Bleach does.) So yes its my fault for using a poor choice of word so I apologize ><;...
I did also mention that I have no idea how this episode itself will play-out later on :/...
SalmonSandwichNov 14, 2013 8:50 PM
Nov 14, 2013 8:48 PM
Jul 2012
Kill la kill is art but sadly most anime fans don't actually know what art is, so they just say that anime isn't art and eat up superficial mediocrities. Truly pigs in human clothing. Ohohoho~

Seriously I think the pacing of the anime is actually excellent because it's pretty natural for such a show to go so fast, but every single episode, something is actually added to the big picture and it manages to develop fully the theme of the episode. Plus there is always something different in the show, which is something a lot of shows that thrive on a particular emotion/have episodic parts struggle with. As it was with almost every 24-25-26 episode anime ever, I think we will probably get a revelation in episode 12 so the second half actually becomes plot-driven.
Nov 14, 2013 9:00 PM

Aug 2013
This episode made me love Mako oh so much more.
wow gay
Nov 14, 2013 9:18 PM
Jul 2012
I just love it when an anime plays their ending song at the end of an episode before credits roll. Always manages to hype me up even more for next week. Overall an enjoyable episode with a pretty clear message in the end.
My anime blog
Ganebare Anime
Nov 14, 2013 9:22 PM

Aug 2013
I didn't expect to see life lessons in KLK what with all the crazy antics in the show.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Nov 14, 2013 9:30 PM

Jan 2013
Freaking greatest episode. Not one of the best, but THE BEST.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Nov 14, 2013 9:46 PM

Jan 2011
So much Mako this episode I love it, her 2 star uniform mode is so badass! Also DAT FREAKING OST MAN!!
[center]
Nov 14, 2013 10:19 PM

Apr 2012
This was incredible.
"Rejoice! We are humans— we are the most talented people! Precisely because we were born without any ability— we can achieve anything— this is the will of the weakest race!" – Sora, ‘No game No life Vol.01’
Nov 14, 2013 10:42 PM

Oct 2013
Although it was a "good president" Mako ultimately made ​​the right decision :')

Nov 14, 2013 11:04 PM

Feb 2011
Marzan said:
Satsuki-sama is doing some intense social experimentation using Ryuuko's strength and naivete. I wouldn't be surprised if before the end those two come to some sort of an understanding before their final fight.

Kill la Kill wouldn't be the same without the Mystery Croquettes. Back to poverty it is for Mako's family.
You can say that again XD is it just me or i just saw a banana broccoli and fish in there? LOL. Nice filter episode
But it looks like next episode is going to be serious now. I wonder if it's going to be serious like in TTGL EP 8 And as always, it's a pain to wait for the next episode :p
srwgfanNov 14, 2013 11:08 PM
Nov 14, 2013 11:10 PM

Aug 2013
wow, there's no such thing as contentment, maybe that's what this episode want to say huh. And it was a sad one, deym feels when mako beats ryuko while her family cheers her up.

Well, I enjoyed this episode hahaha.
Nov 14, 2013 11:31 PM

May 2010
Fucking incredible episode. I was already impressed by Mako's resolve in keeping the Fight Club going strong but her two-star uniform performance was fucking sick. She was the only two star who could damage Ryuuko, especially post episode three... imagine if she were given a fucking Three Star uniform... fuck

I knew it wasn't a mistake putting Mako in my favorite characters spot. She's great.
Nov 14, 2013 11:35 PM

May 2013
I liked some stuff of this episode... but it's really balanced with all the stupid garbage in it:

1.) Why did they make her tears like big slimy gobs? Way to completely destroy a supposed to be dramatic scence.
2.) What Mako did was the right thing, not Ryuuko! Ryuuko was sitting at the table night after night alone... but did she say something? Nope, she hands in her resignation at the most important point possible.
Ryuuko could've fought the Elite Four, which is her plan, right? She only had to wait with this until after the fight... but noooo. It's just awesome how ofter this anime forgets it's own main plot.
3.) Please, Kill La Kill, you need way more TTGL and way less stupid, unfunny bullsh*t.
"The fool who believed in miracles now walks among the dead." ~ Blade of the Phantom Master
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2013

368 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2013

447 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

392 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

878 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BRSxIgnition - Mar 27, 2014

955 by NullZweiChan »»
Apr 14, 10:02 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.