Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kill la Kill
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 14, 2013 9:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I just love the interactions and fighting between Mako and Ryuuko this episode.

Oh and damn, those are some nice shades Mako. What an episode. Being Ryuuko is suffering lol. I have to admit that Mako's transformation is epic, almost reminded me of TTGL for a second with that cape.

Dat feels ;o
Nov 14, 2013 9:33 AM

Mar 2012
Jojo Mako FTW
Nov 14, 2013 9:36 AM

Jul 2010
The rise and fall of Mako and her family. Great episode
Nov 14, 2013 9:57 AM

Dec 2012
This episode is the best one so far. I didn't expect Mako's development to come this soon in the series. It really tugged some heartstrings when the two were fighting. Satsuki is one tricky president indeed.
Nov 14, 2013 11:02 AM

Jun 2012
Elite60 said:
Nov 14, 2013 11:14 AM

Apr 2013
"Prosperity will lead to greed, and greed will lead to their eventual downfall." -Satsuki

Mako in a goku uniform was cool and the fight scene was pretty good. Lol at Ryuuko's eye after it was over.
Mako's family was so obnoxious when after getting that mansion lol. Glad they're back to their normal, wild selves.
Nov 14, 2013 11:24 AM

Aug 2010
Lol'd so much how much they changed when they became 2 stars XD Esp the dad becoming a serious pimp like that XDXD

Dem Mako tears XD And Underwear hahaha XD

Really loved Mako's fighting outfit. She looked BOSS!!
Nov 14, 2013 11:31 AM

Sep 2013
Mako looked badass in her two star uniform, I wonder if we'll see her fight again in future episodes.
Nov 14, 2013 11:33 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Satsuki-sama is doing some intense social experimentation using Ryuuko's strength and naivete. I wouldn't be surprised if before the end those two come to some sort of an understanding before their final fight.

Kill la Kill wouldn't be the same without the Mystery Croquettes. Back to poverty it is for Mako's family.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 14, 2013 11:45 AM

Sep 2012
Ha ha! I loved that episode, the best one so far. Mako's tears are hilarious.
Nov 14, 2013 11:57 AM

May 2013
This was a funny episode. Good that the whole family is back to normal. Lol Mako's pool of tears.
Nov 14, 2013 11:59 AM

Aug 2013
Mako FTW. The most hilarious episode so far? Probably yes.
Nov 14, 2013 12:04 PM
Mar 2013
did not know Tears could Form a puddle like that.. coure maybes it just cuase its Mako's Tears that they can do that. but Damn Makos Goku Uniform looked Amazing.... Compared to the other ones we've been seeing... another great episode with great character Development to boot.
Nov 14, 2013 12:08 PM

Mar 2011
That was funny episode.

Well Mako is hidden Terminator in this anime :D
Nov 14, 2013 12:13 PM

May 2013
jayvon said:
Damn the story is total shit this anime just keeps getting worse and worse with each episode. And that god awful pacing, everything is happening at the speed of light. I hope this doesn't go on for the full 25 episodes.
Finally someone with good tastes. I have only one,serious question: why everyone keeps praising this anime? Garbage,just garbage. 2013 is the worst year as regards anime, the only decent anime was Shingeki no Kyojin (not good,just DECENT). Only 1 decent anime out of about 100 is unacceptable...
Nov 14, 2013 12:18 PM

Apr 2013
Dat Satsuki smirk at the end. <3

nanny96 said:
Finally someone with good tastes. I have only one,serious question: why everyone keeps praising this anime? Garbage,just garbage. 2013 is the worst year as regards anime, the only decent anime was Shingeki no Kyojin (not good,just DECENT). Only 1 decent anime out of about 100 is unacceptable...

Insulting a whole fanbase by implying that we have shitty taste. Good going.
Powerful eyebrows.
Nov 14, 2013 12:20 PM
Sep 2011
If there is one thing that has become clear is the fact that Ryuuko is still far from being able to beat Satsuki at this point. This is not the kind of fight that relies on mere strength but on savvy and brainpower and right now Satsuki still gets the upperhand even when she appears to be losing since she plays Ryuuko like a fiddle and uses her as a pawn to carry out her own plans such as restructuring the school system.

Anyway, this episode surely must have dissolved the fears of those who were worried about the entire show revolving around Ryuuko facing off against random clubs since that point got resolved by getting fast-forwarded in full-speed and instead taking the plot into a different direction.

So far each episode has felt like it added something substantial to the show, be it through world-building, introducing plot threads or character development, while avoiding falling into similar patterns at the same time. It should be a safe bet to say that the producers know exactly where they are going to take the story.
EudaimoniaNov 14, 2013 2:55 PM
Nov 14, 2013 12:22 PM
Nov 2012
nanny96 said:
jayvon said:
Damn the story is total shit this anime just keeps getting worse and worse with each episode. And that god awful pacing, everything is happening at the speed of light. I hope this doesn't go on for the full 25 episodes.

lol you're just ridiculous XD
Nov 14, 2013 12:27 PM
Oct 2010
Awesome episode, liked the jojo reference.
Nov 14, 2013 12:30 PM

Feb 2011
nanny96 said:
jayvon said:

This proves my theory that Attack on Titan fanatics are just mindless drones. People like this anime because it's pure fun with some seriousness as you just saw with this episode. If you stop riding Attack on Titans dick, then you'll appreciate the anime lineup that's out for Fall 2013
Nov 14, 2013 12:37 PM

Apr 2013
jayvon said:
nanny96 said:
jayvon said:

Yea it's like everybody is completely ignoring the many flaws of this anime, I'm very confused. Is this what they call brainwashing? The only entertaining episodes in this anime are the ones that deal with the main character and the antagonist DIRECTLY, the normal episodes are like the filler episodes in bleach. And the only funny thing about this anime is that all the background characters seem to be heavily drugged. ("ESPECIALLY" Mako and her family)

*Gives Diabolik Lovers a 7 score*

pffft sorry can't take you seriously.
Powerful eyebrows.
Nov 14, 2013 12:37 PM
Oct 2010
nanny96 said:
jayvon said:

I agree, we should drop this show and anime altogether, 1 good show in a hundred? What kind of shit medium is this?
Nov 14, 2013 12:40 PM
Oct 2010
migohunter said:
jayvon said:
nanny96 said:
jayvon said:

Yea it's like everybody is completely ignoring the many flaws of this anime, I'm very confused. Is this what they call brainwashing? The only entertaining episodes in this anime are the ones that deal with the main character and the antagonist DIRECTLY, the normal episodes are like the filler episodes in bleach. And the only funny thing about this anime is that all the background characters seem to be heavily drugged. ("ESPECIALLY" Mako and her family)

*Gives Diabolik Lovers a 7 score*

pffft sorry can't take you seriously.

Coppelion, and Blazblue as 7s and KNK as 8 and he complains about the story in this? Lord have mercy.
Nov 14, 2013 12:43 PM

Sep 2012
nanny96 said:
2013 is the worst year as regards anime, the only decent anime was Shingeki no Kyojin (not good,just DECENT). Only 1 decent anime out of about 100 is unacceptable...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4

opinion discarded.
Nov 14, 2013 12:43 PM
Nov 2012
Kaiburr said:
nanny96 said:
jayvon said:

This proves my theory that Attack on Titan fanatics are just mindless drones. People like this anime because it's pure fun with some seriousness as you just saw with this episode. If you stop riding Attack on Titans dick, then you'll appreciate the anime lineup that's out for Fall 2013

I think people like that don't even deserve to be taken seriously...
Nov 14, 2013 12:59 PM

Jul 2009
When the fuck did /a/ get here?

Anyway, this is personally my favourite episode so far. It managed to incorporate some deeper themes into its busy pacing and in between action scenes. The ending when she finally gets to have dinner with the family again was really touching.
Check out my eurobeat guide. Who knows, you might find yourself a new favourite genre!
http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=738669
Nov 14, 2013 1:02 PM
Aug 2011
He's watching too many shows and got this series confused with another one.
That is the only logical explanation.

Elite60 said:

Though ever since that broom episode, I can't help but feel wary of Mako.
Nov 14, 2013 1:09 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was better than the last,nice moral enlightment.
I do not mean to rant,but I expected more from this anime.
I am curious about how will they make this into 25 episode anime,really curious.
Nov 14, 2013 1:11 PM

Jul 2013
What a fantastic episode, best one yet. 5/5

We got some cliche morals of family and greed and Mako's 2-star goku uniform looked so badass. Also it's interesting how Satsuki wanted Ryuuko to start the fight club to purge all the weak and undesirables at the school.
Nov 14, 2013 1:13 PM
Oct 2010
DejWoSWK said:
This episode was better than the last,nice moral enlightment.
I do not mean to rant,but I expected more from this anime.
I am curious about how will they make this into 25 episode anime,really curious.

Probably the same way they did it with TTGL.
Nov 14, 2013 1:16 PM

Sep 2011
nanny96 said:
jayvon said:
You are trying way too hard to be elitist

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 14, 2013 1:16 PM

Nov 2011
nanny96 said:
Only 1 decent anime out of about 100 is unacceptable...

You should watch more anime from 2013 before making statements like that.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Nov 14, 2013 1:17 PM

Feb 2013
That episode was... just wow.
5/5 can't say more.

Nov 14, 2013 1:26 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
I didn't found this episode that good. Then again, I do not like Mako.
Nov 14, 2013 1:34 PM

Jun 2009
Steel_Queen said:
I didn't found this episode that good. Then again, I do not like Mako.

You fiend.
Nov 14, 2013 1:37 PM
Jul 2018
skudoops said:

Heh,well,that is true...it would not surprise me if they ended up throwing galaxies in the final fight.
Nov 14, 2013 1:41 PM

Feb 2013
You know what I feel really sorry for the groundskeeper of this school, I mean the school gets destroyed every other day and he has to pick up everyone's discarded underwear on top of that, I bet he doesn't even earn a decent salary on top of everything else.
Now being incompetent – that’s what’s best, really. To be completely obtuse. To be so oblivious as to never think for a second about one’s purpose in life, to never think about the meaning of life, to never think about the value of life. Then this world would be paradise. Calm, peaceful, and serene. Trivial things would be major, and major things trivial, and life could be lived to its fullest.
Nov 14, 2013 1:42 PM

Sep 2011
DejWoSWK said:
skudoops said:

Heh,well,that is true...it would not surprise me if they ended up throwing galaxies in the final fight.
i like to picture the final fight will have the school turning into some giant death machine throwing homes and schools at ryuuko

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 14, 2013 1:48 PM
Nov 2013
A bit sad Mako didn't kept the uniform, that was 120% badass
Nov 14, 2013 2:03 PM

Jul 2010
This was the first episode I didn't like at all. I understand what they were going for, but the pacing killed it for me.
Nov 14, 2013 2:05 PM

Dec 2011
Evil Mako. Corrupted by power and wealth.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Nov 14, 2013 2:06 PM

Apr 2013
mako did more damage to the environment than satsuki and ryuko did when clashing swords.

not sure why people are saying the pacing is bad etc.

currently rewatching tengen toppa gurren lagann to shorten the wait for the newest kill la kill episode. alot of things can happen in 1-2 episodes as ttgl showed. who knows by episode 12 of kill la kill two of the elite 4 could be defeated already.

i guess the difference is that in ttgl the main cast actually travels while atleast for now everyhing in klk takes place within the academy and its surroundings so to some people it might seem like klk is not making any progress.

so far all klk episodes have moved the story forward in some way. either introducing characters, having an important fight, giving insight on the whole academy and how it works etc
Nov 14, 2013 2:08 PM

Sep 2013
Dat Mako 2 Star Goku uniform. She needs to get it again TBQH.
Nov 14, 2013 2:13 PM

Sep 2012
That Jotaro-like Uniform.

i'm done, seriously, that was sooooo amazing.
Nov 14, 2013 2:17 PM
May 2012
This show is getting worse. worst episode so far and next episode doesn't look much better. random clubs attacking, and Mako as a enemy... horrible.

I just hope there would be more episodes as awesome as the 5th.
Nov 14, 2013 2:36 PM

May 2013
The reason why people like this anime is because it is pure fun. Not everyone is looking for a serious anime all the time. Saying that, I also understand why some people would dislike it. It can be too random at times and over the top especially with Mako's family. I enjoyed the latter half of the episode when Mako gets her outfit but was kinda bored with Ryuoko beating all the randoms easily. I wish that Mako kept her outfit. Hope the second half is more focused.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Nov 14, 2013 2:37 PM

Mar 2013
Aerostar said:
This show is getting worse. worst episode so far and next episode doesn't look much better. random clubs attacking, and Mako as a enemy... horrible.

I just hope there would be more episodes as awesome as the 5th.

Yeah agreed it just feels like filler right now (who knows it might play out later on) but right now I feel like they are stalling due to the fact that its a 2 cour series.
Nov 14, 2013 3:18 PM

Apr 2008
Makko's Bizarre Adventure. His uniform is like Jotaro.
Nov 14, 2013 3:29 PM

Feb 2012
Lolol Vice-Admiral Mankanshoku Mako reporting in to the New World.

The episode was bananas, so much truth.
Nov 14, 2013 3:36 PM
Dec 2012
Interesting development with setting up a fight club. The luxurious life made Mankanshoku family greedy and blind. Greed blinded even Mako's good judgment and made her fight against Ryuuko. But she turned out a heroine of the episode at the end when she won against the greedy herself, not Ryuuko. Satsuki was clever and insightful. She tested Mako and Ryuuko, and she found they were not blind pigs. Useless were those club presidents who rested on their laurels and failed to fully demonstrate the potential of the star uniforms. No wonder she is going to reform the academy.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

877 by ardakishere »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BRSxIgnition - Mar 27, 2014

955 by NullZweiChan »»
Apr 14, 10:02 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BRSxIgnition - Feb 27, 2014

407 by DRUG_Deleted911 »»
Apr 13, 11:40 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MCAL - Nov 6, 2013

278 by Nublager »»
Apr 8, 2:00 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

391 by Slimdudejim »»
Apr 7, 8:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.