Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 13, 2013 10:45 PM

Apr 2010
SPOILERS

So I've just powered through a ton of chapters and i'm feeling a little annoyed. What was the 2nd Arc. Whats with the third. I started this manga knowing there was hiatus problems but now I'm not too sure if it's worth finishing. The chinese kempo arc is totally unrelated, and in the 3rd he's lost his intensity and skill. I'm confused.

Anyway does it get better.. thoughts opinions.
This is the way the world ends
not with a bang but a whimper
Nov 14, 2013 7:32 AM

Apr 2010
Thread moved

Thread moved to Shamo board.
Nov 18, 2013 12:03 PM

Jan 2013
It's not finished though... but it's very enjoyable imo so catch up.
Sep 6, 2014 8:37 PM

Feb 2008
I agree with the OP. It's beginning to read like a lame shounen manga, where the protagonist coincidentally finds tougher and tougher opponents after each major storyline. Sometimes a mangaka needs to know to END a manga.

I mean, the purpose and drive behind Ryo's violence was interesting, but never fleshed out and kinda abandoned. Instead they took a major detour to China where he supposedly learned some crazy hadouken, telekinetic, next-level bullshit. Then he returns to Japan and gets beat down by a agoraphobic shut-in? I mean, seriously?

How about some consistency, instead of "opps, gonna have to peel it back and follow typical manga tropes of strong villain and weak hero that needs to level-up".
Sep 14, 2014 2:40 PM
Sep 2014
I don't believe the China arc is canon with Shamo's storyline, as far as I know.
But look at it this way. You don't just train in martial art, fight and become good, then stop and contain that quality forever. You have to train continously, and keep a healthy diet. And this is the reason why Ryou receded so much (Also because of his use of steroids). This isn't like the average manga where one gains a skill or levels up and keeps it forever. You have to keep training.

Ryou was able to fight on in the suguwara arc because of his will to survive, to find his sister, and his hatred towards suguwara, whilst training rigorously. But as time went by, he had stopped training, the steroids destroyed him, but still fought in rigged matches just to win money, so he could take care of his sister.

Shamo is definitely worth reading, but you gotta think deep about what's going on.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shamo Chapter 327 Discussion

Tengai - Oct 1, 2015

1 by NaughtyNoddy »»
Apr 11, 12:12 PM

Poll: » Shamo Chapter 304 Discussion

NaughtyNoddy - Apr 11

0 by NaughtyNoddy »»
Apr 11, 9:22 AM

Poll: » Shamo Chapter 298 Discussion

Ishmael - Oct 14, 2013

4 by NaughtyNoddy »»
Apr 11, 8:08 AM

Poll: » Shamo Chapter 289 Discussion

haydocc - Jun 24, 2014

1 by NaughtyNoddy »»
Apr 11, 6:33 AM

Poll: » Shamo Chapter 280 Discussion

Ishmael - Jan 30, 2013

2 by NaughtyNoddy »»
Apr 11, 5:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.