Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
COPPELION
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 13, 2013 4:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I'm kinda pleased to see two new characters make their debut into this show since I've been reading the manga and they haven't shown either one yet. One of them seems insane though. Well actually judging by that PV, both girls seems a bit disturbing. I'm going to assume they will be major antagonists for the latter half of this show against Ibara and the others.

On another note, Haruto is pretty intense. Need more guys like him on the team and missions might be easier.
Stark700Nov 13, 2013 9:05 AM
Nov 13, 2013 4:48 AM
Oct 2013
When I watched this, I just like ADJHKGRIWPVNDIWWHF when see Haruto make some breathe to Ibara
Nov 13, 2013 7:02 AM
Aug 2013
why does aoi have to lock herself now? though its good she will not come out and cause trouble but still she can't help in anyway and even needs someone to look after her. she is just being a burden. i hate her.
and i guess that the new girls might be the ones haruto was trying to contact for even they seem to be genetically modified and have some powers, but then why to spread the waste everywhere??
Nov 13, 2013 8:37 AM

May 2013
Those two girls at the end look pretty interesting. Aoi now is just a shut in. Hopefully she can pull herself together.
Nov 13, 2013 9:02 AM

Nov 2010
Aoi part of the Medical Unit doesn't know what an AED is -_-
After Ibara has been operated at the Planet which seems to have a medical room
The pregnant woman needs to be moved to the hospital which is probably contaminated to deliver?!?

Lucky Haturo got to do to mouth to mouth on Ibara and give her blood as well
She's got all of his juices

The sisters at the end seems insane like their assassin cleanup job
Nov 13, 2013 9:38 AM

Dec 2012
Ozu sisters are here, nice!

Aoi useless as ever. Will she ever redeem herself?
Nov 13, 2013 9:43 AM

Mar 2013
I keep watching this every week with the hope it will get better. It still hasn't -.-
Nov 13, 2013 10:14 AM

Jun 2013
Ozu sisters are on the 1st Division sides ? I guess they are. They aren't answering Haruto's call , gawd I would like to see a fight soon.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Nov 13, 2013 10:29 AM

Sep 2008
SalemWitch said:
I keep watching this every week with the hope it will get better. It still hasn't -.-

dibs

but maybe we'll get so see a good ending of the series

maybe.

and damn Aoi is so fucking useless, I think i've never seen a char that useless before o.ô
Nov 13, 2013 10:39 AM
Jan 2013
Oh, the Ozu sisters, I'm guessing that they are the 2 other "clean-up" crew who defected to the 1st division.
Nov 13, 2013 10:44 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Here come to Ozu Sisters for some action based on the preview. Aww Haruto gave Naruse CPR, touched her lips, and have her a blood transfusion. Naruse pretty much liked Haruto's blood. "Don't worry I have your blood"

How useless can Aoi be. Seriously she's part of the medical staff and she doesn't even know what an AED is. What's next Aoi getting a needle and stabbing people until she gets it right. Taeko is a boss she just recovered from her injury, and 10 seconds later she's already doing surgery on Naruse.

Nov 13, 2013 11:17 AM

Apr 2013
First, everyone is complaining about Aoi being useless and wanting her gone from the picture.

Now that she is *almost* gone (locked up), everyone is complaining that she is now being useless. Hasn't she been pretty much useless from the start? If she is the reason why the series is receiving so many negative reviews, she should just be ignored. Unless it's the MC, normally one character won't ruin a series. She really doesn't have a main role anyway.
Nov 13, 2013 11:27 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Watching for Haruto :) seriously second episode and he's become my favorite character in the series, though there really wasn't that much competition to begin with. Interesting to learn that Coppelion's blood varies from each grade. And here comes the sisters that I've been hearing about, I wonder why they're doing trying to get in Ibara and co.'s way.
Nov 13, 2013 11:59 AM

Aug 2012
tingy said:
Watching for Haruto :) seriously second episode and he's become my favorite character in the series, though there really wasn't that much competition to begin with.
GoHands does love their bishounen.
Nov 13, 2013 12:19 PM

Apr 2012
SalemWitch said:

Me too. Awful show.
Nov 13, 2013 12:54 PM
May 2013
Well... With the introduction of the new girls, this might get better. I'm not dropping.
Nov 13, 2013 1:14 PM
Aug 2011
ForeverInspired said:
First, everyone is complaining about Aoi being useless and wanting her gone from the picture.

Now that she is *almost* gone (locked up), everyone is complaining that she is now being useless. Hasn't she been pretty much useless from the start? If she is the reason why the series is receiving so many negative reviews, she should just be ignored. Unless it's the MC, normally one character won't ruin a series. She really doesn't have a main role anyway.

But her uselessness hasn't stopped though.
Her locking herself up was immature and irresponsible and it only makes her even more useless.
What even are you getting at...she's pretty much an MC too.

My only wish is that she would stay in there forever and rot but I know that's not happening.

Edit:
@ForeverInspired: Yeah a 180 for Aoi would be good and i've heard word that she has potential.
I've not seen an ounce of that potential and as far as this show goes (7 out of 13 eps.) it's already stepping into "too little too late" territory.
standNov 13, 2013 3:07 PM
Nov 13, 2013 1:54 PM

Dec 2008
Aoi: SEEEMPAAAIII, is this the AED?! -box clearly says AED- *rolls eyes*
Haruto should have slapped her....SEVERAL times!
Let her stay locked away until she dies of loneliness and starvation!

Those two sisters look absolutely NUTS!
Nov 13, 2013 1:59 PM

Apr 2013
parfaited said:
ForeverInspired said:

Her locking herself up was immature and irresponsible and it only makes her even more useless.

My only wish is that she would stay in there forever and rot but I know that's not happening.

Yes, you're right she still is useless. She's been useless from the beginning. At least, we can be glad that she is not in anyone's way atm. The only person caring for her is that robot and Haruto who's stuck anyway and is pretty much staying at the prison... so she's technically not at least hurting the others as they do whatever they have to do. Especially now that there are those two sisters blocking the path, Aoi is better off where she is. Otherwise, the rest would surely not make it through (at least, without a lot of screaming and whining ;)).

I should have phrased that better. I know that she is labeled as a MC and get's the time and focus normally attributed to a MC, but her character somewhat rubs me as a shabby comic relief character which is normally not the MC if that makes any sense. Idk, that's just my personal opinion and I do get where you are coming from. Who knows, since she IS part of the Coppelion, maybe she'll start contributing more to the cause soon and do something for a change besides panicking.

I want her to do a 180 or stay in there as well (who knows, maybe all this alone time will perhaps change her in the end?). Even though she is annoying and useless, I would think that it isn't her fault for being in such a scenerio though. The people who sent her there should have had a clue through the training and making of her (maybe they do - maybe there is something about her that will change everything. I'm sort of feeling that way now that I'm thinking about it. If this isn't the case, the show is really going to hurt).

Again, this is just me thinking aloud and trying to put together a show without knowing the ending. So I could be completely wrong, and what I have said could backfire on me. We'll see.
ForeverInspiredNov 13, 2013 2:04 PM
Nov 13, 2013 3:50 PM
Sep 2012
GoGo_Dominatrix said:

I would've tormented her by calling her useless over and over again until she either tries to be useful or once or dies. At least that way I'd get some real entertainment in this sea of sheer stupidity from nearly all the characters.

I didn't think that we'd see a show that would top Valvrave so soon until I started watching this show.
Nov 13, 2013 4:38 PM

Jul 2012
Okay episode. Glad plot is moving forward but I feel like the characters are acting too illogical like usual. Also, random angst thrown in is weird.

Stark700 said:
On another note, Haruto is pretty intense. Need more guys like him on the team and missions might be easier.

Agreed.
Nov 13, 2013 5:08 PM

Aug 2011
Haruto for best character. Honestly though, he's a good guy and also no nonsense. I literally compared him to Aoi this entire episode, he's practically everything opposite of her.

I had sympathy for Aoi for the first couple of episodes but her character is literally not going anywhere arghhh. She annoys me to impossible level, she is the definition of a useless character.

I laughed when she asked Haruto 'IS THIS THE AED' when the box was clearly labelled 'AED'.

This was a better episode though. I still don't see a direction but with these new characters being introduced maybe there will be. The past few episodes were so snooze worthy but this one was pretty good in comparison.
Nov 13, 2013 5:12 PM
Aug 2013
Haruto to Aoi: You're useless.. OoooHHH DAAAMNNNNN RIGHT

Haruto: The first division needs Coppelion to enter *this building that I forgot the name*
Ibara: says the exact same thing Haruto said as if he didn't made it clear enough

This show needs more of Haruto and the sisters like, really.

THEY SHOULD HAVE MADE THE MOP UP/CLEAN UP DIVISION/UNIT/CREW THE MAIN CHARACTERS OF THE SHOW :|
Nov 13, 2013 6:29 PM

Sep 2013
1lau said:
Lucky Haturo got to do to mouth to mouth on Ibara and give her blood as well
She's got all of his juicesb

She's missing one ;) sorry that just had to be said :P

I think this is like the first time I've ever seen someone do mouth-to-mouth cpr and there not be a big fuss about it, none of that first kiss shit here.

No-Sense is funny :p

And the Psycho sisters show, something tells me the ghosts are going to recruit them to blow up the Sarcophagus.No wonder the sisters are assigned to the clean up crew judging by the preview one has super strength and the other controls electricity.

In my opinion one of the best episodes so far.
Nov 13, 2013 6:33 PM
Jul 2018
and ITS HERE!
Now this is what everyone e has been waiting for.
Nov 13, 2013 7:26 PM

Aug 2013
Good episode.

So the Ozu sisters are a part of the cleanup group.. and were spreading waste or something? I'm guessing they're in the First Division's side.

Aoi finally realizes her uselessness and becomes more stupid.
Nov 13, 2013 9:40 PM

Jul 2013
Pretty good episode, Haruto manage to save Ibara's life with Taeko helping out. Also the ending introduces two new characters that are part of the clean up group, the Ozu sisters.

So the Commander Ghost or whatever his name revealed his motives to make Japan a wasteland in revenge of the government, and a trip to the hospital until the ending scene.

As for Aoi, I would say that she did a little help for resurrecting Ibara in the beginning but just a bit effort. Though I am a waiting person so I hope that she can be useful in the future episodes.
omega_d94Nov 13, 2013 10:19 PM

Nov 13, 2013 10:08 PM

Jan 2011
CAT FIGHT!
[center]
Nov 14, 2013 2:25 AM

Oct 2012
Just in it for Ibara and Haruto.

Really hasn't progressed much..
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Nov 14, 2013 2:28 AM

Aug 2012
I wonder if Ibara knew that haruto gave her a mouth-to-mouth treatment..

The sisters look like a pair of crazy troublemakers..

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Nov 14, 2013 3:50 AM

Dec 2012
As soon as Aoi admitted that it'd be better if she wasn't around and how useless she was, I cheered. Now she's a hikikomori LOL this show...

Also I'm getting tired of the hazmat suit characters, they're so cheesy and awkwardly stupid. I didn't think there'd be a show where I dislike so many characters, nearly dropped but those sisters have piqued my interests.
Nov 14, 2013 3:55 AM

Apr 2013
Aoi has become even more useless than before.
Nov 14, 2013 4:35 AM

Dec 2011
How it hurts when an anime starts suffering for budget problems....
Still a great episode.
Nov 14, 2013 5:12 AM

Jul 2011
need more Haruto
Nov 14, 2013 6:33 AM

Aug 2013
Ratohnhaketon said:
As soon as Aoi admitted that it'd be better if she wasn't around and how useless she was, I cheered.

Same lol.

Last week I decided to drop this series and just wait until it's finished. I can't help but come back though in hopes that this episode might be more interesting. Ozu sisters next though I do have a bad feeling a lot of things won't be explained about how and why they're there and we'll be left with a lot of WTF moments.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Nov 14, 2013 7:42 AM
Feb 2013
Now the real action begins.
Nov 14, 2013 7:43 AM

Nov 2010
greebo said:
SalemWitch said:

Me too. Awful show.

It's horrible but ... idk why i can't drop it.
seeing those girls at the end made it worse btw, they look like a really bad characters.
such a waste of potential ...
Nov 14, 2013 10:08 AM

Sep 2012
Can't recall the last time I saw a guy actually doing mouth-to-mouth to a girl in anime without any hint of romance or as an act for humor.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 14, 2013 10:11 AM

Apr 2013
The two sisters seem so crazy, I'm excited to see them more.
"Kanon and Shion" I'm sorry but really
Nov 14, 2013 1:38 PM
Jan 2012
GoGo_Dominatrix said:

Well I give it a pass, content of the box maybe different, also, they're japanese lah.

also,....if the ozu sisters are already on the 1st division's side, why didnt they go into the reactor??
Nov 14, 2013 2:54 PM

Jun 2012
Well so much for that tank round, I actually thought someone got hurt. ., why would I think that? I don't know. .

Nov 14, 2013 4:36 PM
Jun 2009
symbv said:
Can't recall the last time I saw a guy actually doing mouth-to-mouth to a girl in anime without any hint of romance or as an act for humor.

Conan, that stupid love test arc.
Nov 14, 2013 4:42 PM

Jun 2013
ForeverInspired said:
parfaited said:
ForeverInspired said:

Yes, you're right she still is useless. She's been useless from the beginning. At least, we can be glad that she is not in anyone's way atm. The only person caring for her is that robot and Haruto who's stuck anyway and is pretty much staying at the prison... so she's technically not at least hurting the others as they do whatever they have to do. Especially now that there are those two sisters blocking the path, Aoi is better off where she is. Otherwise, the rest would surely not make it through (at least, without a lot of screaming and whining ;)).

I should have phrased that better. I know that she is labeled as a MC and get's the time and focus normally attributed to a MC, but her character somewhat rubs me as a shabby comic relief character which is normally not the MC if that makes any sense. Idk, that's just my personal opinion and I do get where you are coming from. Who knows, since she IS part of the Coppelion, maybe she'll start contributing more to the cause soon and do something for a change besides panicking.

I want her to do a 180 or stay in there as well (who knows, maybe all this alone time will perhaps change her in the end?). Even though she is annoying and useless, I would think that it isn't her fault for being in such a scenerio though. The people who sent her there should have had a clue through the training and making of her (maybe they do - maybe there is something about her that will change everything. I'm sort of feeling that way now that I'm thinking about it. If this isn't the case, the show is really going to hurt).

Again, this is just me thinking aloud and trying to put together a show without knowing the ending. So I could be completely wrong, and what I have said could backfire on me. We'll see.

You are absolutely right. Many people fail to understand this. I mean, since Aoi is a MC, there's no way she could be completely useless till the end. No matter which anime you take, a character labelled as MC will have an important role in the anime, even if it's in the end. Eventually all events will add up and you will find out why Aoi was there in the first place. As you could see in this episode, Aoi started to feel guilty and will probably try to make it up to Ibara somehow and become useful to the group.

There's still half a series left. There's more things to happen in the remaining 6 episodes so lets just wait and see how things will turnout.
Nov 14, 2013 7:40 PM

Feb 2012
Predictable ending. I can already see Aoi somehow arriving in the nick of time to help Ibara with the sisters.
Nov 14, 2013 8:17 PM

Dec 2012
I see Haruto alone can't save the show...
Nov 14, 2013 11:44 PM

Jan 2013
This episode is good for four reasons:
1- Shit is getting serious for now
2- New and psychotic characters
3- Everybody tells Jar Jar Aoi how useless she is
4- Less Jar Jar Aoi screentime
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Nov 15, 2013 12:42 AM

Mar 2013
this anime started real slow for me, but the last two episodes were really good. Finally this anime is started to peak my interest
Nov 15, 2013 8:40 AM

Nov 2012
ah finally those 2 girls show up! XD
fight in next episode?! XDD YES!
Nov 15, 2013 4:20 PM
Feb 2013
Why would division 1 need a coppelion when they obviously have two? LIke those two chicks at the end are obviously working for them? Or are they not? OMG plot twist what
Nov 15, 2013 10:14 PM

Dec 2012
So the 1st Division want to spread the contamination across the country. Those sisters at the end seem real badass and strong.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Coppelion Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2013

155 by Dekom »»
Feb 29, 4:28 PM

Poll: » Coppelion Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2013

70 by Dekom »»
Feb 28, 3:34 PM

Poll: » Coppelion Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2013

85 by Dekom »»
Feb 27, 3:40 PM

Poll: » Coppelion Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2013

72 by Dekom »»
Feb 26, 3:39 PM

Poll: » Coppelion Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2013

69 by Dekom »»
Feb 21, 3:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.