Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 9, 2013 7:10 AM

Sep 2012
Barion-Zara said:
egnaro315 said:
Barion-Zara said:
I haven't watched yet but what's wrong with showing Miyuki?

Ahh...Now I get what u guys mean. Totally true.
What do u mean by u think they'll omit it though? U haven't watched it yet?

Nov 9, 2013 7:12 AM

Aug 2011
Cheap ass motherfucking tricks.

Refrain incoming next week, get hype.
TL & founder of Refrain Subs.
Nov 9, 2013 7:13 AM

Aug 2010
@Egnaro Yeah. I still think it could work. not as much impact maybe but I'll wait and see.
Time to go watch. Subs are out ^^
Nov 9, 2013 7:19 AM

May 2012
http://puu.sh/5ddY7.jpg

CHEAP MOTHER FUCKING TRICKS BITCHES good job CR
Nov 9, 2013 7:22 AM

Aug 2011
haha at least they didn't translate it differently.

still not comfortable with the "These are"

http://puu.sh/5dcsq.jpg
Nov 9, 2013 7:27 AM

Feb 2013
This music <3
This pacing though... XD
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Nov 9, 2013 7:27 AM

Sep 2012
planetarian said:
http://puu.sh/5ddY7.jpg

CHEAP MOTHER FUCKING TRICKS BITCHES good job CR

That face says it all.

shcboomer said:
This music <3
This pacing though... XD

"No worries, lets fit 1 hour of content into 4 minutes. We got this" xD
egnaro15Nov 9, 2013 7:31 AM
Nov 9, 2013 7:30 AM
Feb 2013
I cant believe they managed to mess up cheap tricks!

As always kyouske delivered his line perfectly but showing what kengo saw was a huge misstep.

Then the pacing for this episode, it didnt feel concrete at all, and where was kengo warning riki that if he let go of rin they would fall into darkness or that the only thing waiting for them was despair.

I mean i get that JC staff probably wont do a "perspective" shift for everything like the VN but come on really? this was one of the most important parts of the damned story and of Kengo's character development. Not to mention they might as well just come out and tell everyone the secret of the world by now because if you haven't already guessed it then you haven't been paying attention at all.
Nov 9, 2013 7:30 AM

Sep 2013
Well, After getting all teared up cause I finished Kotori's route in Rewrite. Time to head onto even more feels on episode 6 on Crunchyroll :c
Nov 9, 2013 7:34 AM

Sep 2011
Funya-Usagi said:
haha at least they didn't translate it differently.

still not comfortable with the "These are"

http://puu.sh/5dcsq.jpg

Agreed on how they phrased it. "Such cheap tricks!" would of sounded better. But damn, I loved this episode. Refrain here I come<3.

Komari ;_;
Nov 9, 2013 7:35 AM
Feb 2013
egnaro315 said:
Barion-Zara said:
egnaro315 said:
Barion-Zara said:
I haven't watched yet but what's wrong with showing Miyuki?

Ahh...Now I get what u guys mean. Totally true.
What do u mean by u think they'll omit it though? U haven't watched it yet?

They will clearly omit
Nov 9, 2013 7:38 AM

May 2012
DeathDoUsPart said:
Well, After getting all teared up cause I finished Kotori's route in Rewrite. Time to head onto even more feels on episode 6 on Crunchyroll :c

Do yourself a favor and skip lucia route

Draakisback said:

As always kyouske delivered his line perfectly but showing what kengo saw was a huge misstep.

Then the pacing for this episode, it didnt feel concrete at all, and where was kengo warning riki that if he let go of rin they would fall into darkness or that the only thing waiting for them was despair.

I mean i get that JC staff probably wont do a "perspective" shift for everything like the VN but come on really? this was one of the most important parts of the damned story and of Kengo's character development. Not to mention they might as well just come out and tell everyone the secret of the world by now because if you haven't already guessed it then you haven't been paying attention at all.

I have a feeling we will get a more in depth explanation of what happened during the baseball match and why that got Kengo angry. If you think about it anime only fans have no idea what happened like the visual novel fans had no idea what happened or why. Hopefully we will get anime original scenes in episode kengo about his Regrets.

The episode was executed nicely with Riki really distrusting Kyousuke and getting angry at him. Cant wait to see the anime only fan hate Kyousuke like I hated him. Never have I hated anyone more than Kyousuke in my life....
Nov 9, 2013 7:39 AM

Sep 2011
Wait, did they seriously just put 1 hr+ worth of content into less than 4 mins. Also, they made the ending scene of this episode less dramatic. In the VN I was literally up straight, reading so into it, but nothing, zip at all keened me in.
Nov 9, 2013 7:40 AM

May 2013
This was a really intense episode. Poor Komari being left out like that.
Nov 9, 2013 7:43 AM

Sep 2008
This series is soo goood!
I can't!

Kyouske is such badass!
Rin/Riki is such cute couple!
Kengo scenes during that baseball-match...
I cried...

I can't wait whole week for next episode!
I want next episode now!
Nov 9, 2013 7:43 AM

May 2012
Tyrel said:
Wait, did they seriously just put 1 hr+ worth of content into less than 4 mins..

You know what J.C. Staff has good character preferences. Glad they did not Wafuu bomb the whole place with the best girl getting the best route.
Nov 9, 2013 7:44 AM
Feb 2013
planetarian said:
DeathDoUsPart said:

Draakisback said:

I have a feeling we will get a more in depth explanation of what happened on the baseball match and why that got him angered.. If you currently think about it anime only fans have no Idea why Kengo became angry or what the cheap trick was. The same as VN fans who had no idea what happened untill episode kengo came around

I have a feeling we will get a more in depth explanation of what happened during the baseball match and why that got Kengo angry. If you think about it anime only fans have no idea what happened like the visual novel fans had no idea what happened or why. Hopefully we will get anime original scenes in episode kengo about his Regrets.

The episode was executed nicely with Riki really distrusting Kyousuke and getting angry at him. Cant wait to see the anime only fan hate Kyousuke like I hated him. Never have I hated anyone more than Kyousuke in my life....
planetarian said:
DeathDoUsPart said:

Draakisback said:

I have a feeling we will get a more in depth explanation of what happened on the baseball match and why that got him angered.. If you currently think about it anime only fans have no Idea why Kengo became angry or what the cheap trick was. The same as VN fans who had no idea what happened untill episode kengo came around

I can forgive the pacing of the episode because i know we only have 7 more to go, hell I think that the tension between riki and kyouske was really well done, however, i cant forgive them showing a blatant spoiler right when they did.
Nov 9, 2013 7:44 AM

Aug 2013
I found it amazing how JC Staff executed the grandparents house scene in like 3 minutes :) aww too bad rin didn't
Nov 9, 2013 7:45 AM

Sep 2012
Wow, they cut Rin's highlight of the route.
Well that's alright, more Refrain~
Nov 9, 2013 7:46 AM

Sep 2011
Draakisback said:

I can forgive the pacing of the episode because i know we only have 7 more to go, hell I think that the tension between riki and kyouske was really well done, however, i cant forgive them showing a blatant spoiler right when they did.

Nov 9, 2013 7:46 AM

Aug 2011
epic_joelle said:
I found it amazing how JC Staff executed the grandparents house scene in like 3 minutes :) aww too bad rin didn't

ma nigga.
Nov 9, 2013 7:47 AM

Aug 2013
What did riki forget about in the end? Sorry the website I watched it from froze right before I got to dat part
Nov 9, 2013 7:48 AM
Feb 2013
Tyrel said:
Wait, did they seriously just put 1 hr+ worth of content into less than 4 mins. Also, they made the ending scene of this episode less dramatic. In the VN I was literally up straight, reading so into it, but nothing, zip at all keened me in.

I remember rin 2 being a very very sad ending when i first read it, almost balling tears as much as i did in some of the other areas. I also remember cheap tricks being a hugely emotional scene, watching it animated didnt have nearly the impact i was expecting and the rin 2 ending had little if any of the same emotional impact that the VN carried.

Nov 9, 2013 7:48 AM

Sep 2011
epic_joelle said:
What did riki forget about in the end? Sorry the website I watched it from froze right before I got to dat part

"That to live means to lose"
Nov 9, 2013 7:50 AM

Aug 2013
Tyrel said:
epic_joelle said:

"That to live means to lose"
O thanks :)

Sep 2011
Draakisback said:
Tyrel said:

I remember rin 2 being a very very sad ending when i first read it, almost balling tears as much as i did in some of the other areas. I also remember cheap tricks being a hugely emotional scene, watching it animated didnt have nearly the impact i was expecting and the rin 2 ending had little if any of the same emotional impact that the VN carried.

Join the club, I was sad during Rin's ending scenes during her route. Nada from me though. Poorly executed IMO. The baseball match was good though.
Feb 2013
Where was the
isnt this like one of the most important scenes in the entire

and where was kengo's nick name!?!?!?!?!
DraakisbackNov 9, 2013 7:54 AM
Nov 9, 2013 7:52 AM

Aug 2010
O_O?! They fit it all in one ep!! Damn! Totally didn't expect that at all. It was good though so now Refrain will be perfect. I was worrying about the pacing for Refrain. If it was 6 eps it wouldn't have worked well so now that it's 7 this should be good.

As for the ep. I can see lots of people will hate on the pacing but I commend JC for adapting it all like that.

The OST was sooo good!! Esp during the match. Loved it.

Showing the RinxRiki message scene in a couple of minutes with music playing was a good idea to go over it quickly leaving the emotions intact.

Same for Rin and Riki running away and living by their selves. I gotta admit that was pretty damn rushed but I think they handled it pretty well to give the idea. Ofc lots of emotions were lost but still...good enough.

Now as for the Baseball match. Leaving aside Miyuki (That's gonna be tough to make an excuse for that. Why!! They could've left it a mystery T_T) Leaving it aside. The Match was absolutely awesome!! Loved Masato's seriously pissed off face. Kengo's serious face and finally Kyousuke. Oh Kyousuke, TOOO DAMN BA!!
"Called Game" was too damn AWESOME!!!

I'm guessing next ep starts with a black screen and the vow to get stronger scene?
Nov 9, 2013 7:54 AM

Sep 2012
Draakisback said:
Where was the
isnt this like one of the most important scenes in the entire VN?

Hopefully next episode.
As for the emotional impact of this scene, I didn't really feel like it was that emotional the first time reading it in the VN.
I thought it was still chilling in the anime.
As for the Rin 2 ending, I never teared up or found it emotional. It was about as vague and confusing for me. "I lost her" was all it said. It was weird to see Riki back at school without Rin. What would've even happened to her? The police were obviously sent to go look for Riki and Rin, so they would've taken them back to the school. They were at Kyousuke's grandpa's house, not breaking into some complete stranger's home. The literal parts of Rin 2 made no sense to me.

I think Cheap Tricks could've been better, and a lot better if they didn't show Miyuki, but whatever. My expectations for the series which once at an 8.8 are around an 8.4 now.

I don't feel like discussing any more for now. This is going to be an extremely controversial episode, and it seems like a waste of time to talk about it further.
Vladz0rNov 9, 2013 7:59 AM
Nov 9, 2013 7:59 AM

Oct 2012
not understand "CHEAP TRICKS!" :s

Nov 9, 2013 8:06 AM

Sep 2011
It seems JC Staff is saying to me that "LOL fuck that Rin's route. We'll cramp it into 5 minutes."

I'll just go back to my WA2 VN.

Nov 9, 2013 8:08 AM

Sep 2011
Tennouji_ said:
It seems JC Staff is saying to me that "LOL fuck that Rin's route. We'll cramp it into 5 minutes."

Pretty much. I just hopped back into playing Rewrite VN now after delaying myself for a few months. >Fuck you common route so long.
Nov 9, 2013 8:11 AM

Sep 2012
InabaHimeko said:

Then JC Staff succeeded in keeping it confusing like in the VN.
Yay.
Nov 9, 2013 8:13 AM

Sep 2011
Vladz0r said:
InabaHimeko said:

Yay.

Should see CR comments, people already figured it out :D.
Nov 9, 2013 8:13 AM

Oct 2012
<font><font>Vladz0r</font></font> said:
InabaHimeko said:

Yay.

xDDDD really not understand I have not seen the visual novel

Nov 9, 2013 8:16 AM

Sep 2013
Tyrel said:
Tennouji_ said:

Pretty much. I just hopped back into playing Rewrite VN now after delaying myself for a few months. >Fuck you common route so long.

Yea Haha, just finished Kotori's route after doing that common route (a long one indeed) Still got 4 more route's to complete :P

Anyway, Episode 6... so much information crammed into 1 episode.. The "Cheap tricks!" part was excellent except for the fact they showed Miyuki... Hanabi!! Best song! just to sad they put all that running away/staying at the house business into the Ending. 5minutes of that isnt enough and didnt make me have feels/sad one bit, except for the end part where riki's hands leave Rin's... I really hope they don't rush refrain now, as they did in this episode.
Nov 9, 2013 8:30 AM

Sep 2013
I think in order to make up for making Rin's route so short, and making me get less feels in the anime.

They Must:
Nov 9, 2013 8:32 AM

Jun 2013
Okay this episode was absolute perfection! The new ost's were perfect, the new lia song was amazing, and cheap tricks was amazing! :)
Nov 9, 2013 8:33 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
lol holy fuck they covered SO much time of Rin2 during the credits screen alone, what the fuck was that x.x

well I guess it kinda worked out, still kind of crazy how much they cramped into a single episode

at least we'll have 7 eps for Refrain confirmed this way
HaXXspettenNov 9, 2013 8:36 AM
Nov 9, 2013 8:37 AM

Sep 2012
I dunno.
I think the new OST was really good, but at the same time, I think the fact that I've read the scene so many times with "Parting of the Boys" playing killed any emotional impact. I teared up imagining the scene in my head, and imagining JC Staff animating it and using that song, and I guess I was just completely thrown off when they didn't use it...
Also, them leaving out the scenes at the end or Rin 2 is really frustrating. They're pivotal to Refrain, and they BETTER be in the next episode.

So yeah, for people who didn't get the same impact as the VN, I think it was how they changed the OST. It's the same with episode 5, though I thought that new OST fit better for the Lennon scene.
Nov 9, 2013 8:38 AM

Jul 2010
"CHEAP TRICKS!!!"

"Called game."

That's all, boys. That's all.
Nov 9, 2013 8:40 AM

Sep 2012
DeathDoUsPart said:
I think in order to make up for making Rin's route so short, and making me get less feels in the anime.

They Must:

Please, no. I will refuse to edit that scene if they include it. :)
They barely even have enough episodes to cover Refrain, but they do love cramming in and rushing crappy scenes, so you might just get that ;O
Nov 9, 2013 8:41 AM

Dec 2012
Well i knew that that this episode was going to be super rushed from how 1 episode are. Cheap trick was good I was surprise that they add Miyuki in this but it made sense the anime is pov from everyone view not just Riki pov. But Rin route was so short compared to visual novel it cover only grandpa house and bath scene then taking away prior to visual novel.
IshkotenNov 9, 2013 8:44 AM
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.
Nov 9, 2013 8:41 AM
Jun 2013
Haven't seen the episode yet, still downloading. I have to wait for one hour more...

The secret started to be obvious in the VN during Rin's route too. At least, half of it :

Warning ! Secret of the world revealed :

What was left was why Kyousuke seems to know everything before it happened and how the situation happened to be the way it is actually. But, yeah, at this point, anime viewers should know at least 75 % of the thing. They can just ignore

Same warning !
Nov 9, 2013 8:46 AM

Jan 2013
Hmm good ep. All I have to say really. Though I think this will be open/no end like S1 saddly.
Nov 9, 2013 8:52 AM
Nov 2013
So, what is the point of having the Anime - Visual Novel discussion thread when all the VN players just piss and whine all over these threads? Can you guys leave. Or just shut the f*ck up.

As an anime-only viewer, this was executed perfectly well and fine. There's enough to have it make sense, yet enough withheld to maintain anticipation.

Seriously... "we didn't get to see this, or that, or this other VN scene..." WHO CARES. IN THE CONTEXT OF THE ANIME, IT'S FINE.
Nov 9, 2013 8:53 AM
Nov 2013
DAIJOBUUUU.
Nov 9, 2013 8:55 AM

Sep 2013
chardsixteen said:
So, what is the point of having the Anime - Visual Novel discussion thread when all the VN players just piss and whine all over these threads? Can you guys leave. Or just shut the f*ck up.

As an anime-only viewer, this was executed perfectly well and fine. There's enough to have it make sense, yet enough withheld to maintain anticipation.

Seriously... "we didn't get to see this, or that, or this other VN scene..." WHO CARES. IN THE CONTEXT OF THE ANIME, IT'S FINE.

This.

Although the policeman part was too sudden.
-

I've always... always been watching you... This whole time... Because you were there... That's why I was able to try hard. So you could have some balance! So you wouldn't treat me like a kid! So you would see me as an actual girl! Even while you were gone... You were right here! You were right here in my heart!
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is it likely Little Busters Refrain will reach top 5 in MAL? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Oct 3, 2013

308 by polarbeararmy »»
Apr 16, 8:53 AM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

351 by FUNNYDOGE »»
Apr 13, 12:16 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2013

391 by Remurst »»
Apr 9, 2:48 AM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2013

537 by Tsuyu_no_Inochi »»
Mar 3, 4:34 AM

» How good?

kam1n0 - Dec 12, 2021

21 by Donkunsan »»
Apr 2, 2023 3:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.